Morton's The Steakhouse - San Antonio
300 E. Crockett Street
San Antonio, TX 78205Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - San Antonio
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: (210) 228-0700
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in San Antonio hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/sanantonio
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - San Antonio
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Morton's The Steakhouse - San Antonio - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - San Antonio reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (51)romantic (38)notable wine list (35)fit for foodies (19)good for groups (18)late-night find (6)neighborhood gem (5)vibrant bar scene (4)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Excellent food and service! Great experience!SanAntonioDined on 11/15/2014I treated a VIP there. The food and service were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downward SlideEatoutalotDined on 11/14/2014Has lost a lot since changing ownership. Used to look forward to their shrimp cocktail. You got four humongous shrimp for a ridiculously high price, but still worth the price. Now you get five relatively scrawny shrimp for an even more ridiculously high price. Steak was still very good. The service was really, really slow. And, the restaurant was not very busy. The slowness was recognized by the staff and they provided a complimentary desert. However, my wife and I were both dining and they provided us ONE piece of key lime pie. AMAZING! Morton's used to be one of my favorite places for steak. No longer, I am sad to say.
- Amazing staff and foodTophastDined on 11/7/2014I had the chicken Christopher and my wife had crab cakes. We shared spinach and mushrooms amazing by the way, Mac and cheese and twice baked au gratin...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Halloween special excellentRyanVIPDined on 10/31/2014Had their special on Halloween night which was excellent...6 oz filet with mashed potatoes, a salad and dessert for $35 per person. Excellent deal - hoping they have more like it. Steak was cooked perfectly. Morton is still in my top 3 steakhouses in San Antonio along with Perry's and the Boiler House (technically not a steakhouse). Don't fill up on their bread which was awesome...ate almost a who loaf myself and their Morton's salad was really good too. Only thing I wasn't big on was the ambience. Decor inside doesn't "feel" like a top notch steakhouse....a notch below some others in its class. Still..it's Morton's so can't go wrong for a special occasion or if you just want a great steak.Special Features:
- AltogetherDependablejamesEDined on 10/31/2014For all the reasons one goes to Morton's (and there are many) dependability is clearly one. The diner can depend on a warm and sincere greeting, a knowledge of past visits to the restaurant, great food, and great follow through on restaurant specials. The most significant component of the experience, however, is the service. If there's a shelf above the top one, on this matter Morton's has it. A no pressure approach to one's purchases is taken while ensuring the customer's awareness of all the options provided by the menu and the wine list. Customers go to Morton's expecting high ticket prices and high performance from the management, the kitchen and the wait staff; and they get it. Be prepared and enjoy yourself.Special Features:
- Morton's of San AntonioBigDofSADined on 10/29/2014I ordered a NY strip...it was not as good as a similar steak at Fleming's of San Antonio. They have the grill too hot and burned the outside for a medium steak.Special Features:
- ribeyetinaDined on 10/25/2014ribeye steak ordered medium was dry on a cold plateI would recommend this to a friend.
- SAvisitorDined on 10/23/2014I enjoyed the special. The recommended wine was great! I was leery about the steak after my experience in Napierville, but this time it was cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing SpectacularPincher2VIPDined on 10/16/2014With all the great restaurants in San Antonio, I was hoping to have an A+ experience. The steak was great but the service we received was less than stellar. For the price we pay, I expected much better. Not sure I would recommend if choosing a steak dinner in SA.
- This is not MortonsFoodmexVIPDined on 10/15/2014You enter through a tiny backdoor where you find An empty reception desk in the middle of a small and dark corridor. It's empty because the hostess is the manager who is also the waiter in the bar...I guess slow business means saving on labor. And saving on labor means poor execution. They're known for their bread but at this location they don't know how to do it. Don't waist your time or money. And you re talking at $100 a pop easily without alcohol. For that money there are other great places in SA.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/13/2014Very enjoyable evening. Our waiter and our dinner were excellent. Lovely evening.Special Features:
- Never seizes to amaze!ErinDined on 10/10/2014Morton's is by far hands down the best steak house I've eaten at. I first fell in love with Morton's in Singapore. Living overseas and being away from great beef was hard until I went to my first Morton's Happy Hour and had a DELISH steak sandwich. I fell in love with the staff, the drinks, and the food. No matter what Morton's around the world you visit, it is sure to be a fabulous experience. The service is exceptional everywhere as are the food and drinks. From Singapore to Hong Kong, and now back in my great state of Texas, I'm excited to be able to visit Morton's in Houston or San Antonio when my husband and I are in those cities. My only complete... there is not a Morton's in Beaumont. 😉Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & ServiceBigDofSADined on 10/4/2014We celebrated our 56th anniversary at Morton's and had a very enjoyable meal. The drinks are always extra special. We had the steak & lobster which was great. I gets a little noisy as they get busy, but we still enjoyed the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre for the PriceCultureMavensVIPDined on 10/1/2014Where to start? The sangria was so watered down that I had to send it back. At a steakhouse they couldn't get medium well done properly. No option on half orders or mix and match on the $13 sides. They need better sound proofing too. Did I mention that the only black customers were sitting at a table in the auxiliary room? All in all a disappointment and pricey at that.
- Moultondiners1949Moultondiners1949Dined on 10/1/2014Best steak in the city. Service excellent. Morton's Salad is to die for. Been going here for years and haven't found anything better. Much better than Ruth's Chris. We drive over 100 miles just to have dinner here.Special Features:
- As Always, ExcellentTondalayoDined on 9/18/2014We decided at the last minute, while on a 4 day mini vacation, to eat at Mortons. We really traveled light and did not have proper attire. We called and were welcomed with just walk shorts and t-shirt tops. Our steaks were perfection, the side dishes awesome, and the desert soufflé was terrific. Our waiter got sidetracked with a large party but never lost co tact with us throughout the evening. He was outstanding. All in all, a noteworthy experience to cap off a nice vist to San Antonio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Throws rocks at Ruth CristsJekerrvilleDined on 9/13/2014After experiencing Bahonan's and Ruth Crist's, Morton's has both beat on taste, wine, service and price. Done very well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious DinnedpinsaDined on 9/13/2014We had a delicious dinner at Morton's on Saturday evening. Everything about our time there was tops. The steak was so tender it melted in your mouth. The salads were fresh and plentiful and the warm onion bread served with them was great. Our sides and desserts were also scrumptious. I love their crème brulee but ordered a raspberry soufflé last night and it may be my new favorite. We will definitely keep dining at Morton's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Irish4VIPDined on 9/12/2014see below as to my thoughts on personnel. Food is excellently prepared and service is the best. Everyone is very friendly and accomadating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton's SteakhousesaopinionsDined on 9/7/2014Thought the service was great, food was great, atmosphere was great. The only thing I was shaking my head on was the fact that Open Table said the ONLY reservation available on the date I wanted was at 5:30 pm. However, I arrived at 5:15 and was still there until 7:00 with not another table occupied. Hmmmmm.......Special Features:
- SteakJimBDined on 8/30/2014Best stark I have had in some time - prepared well, served hot, all I hoped for.Special Features:
- Great service3MRanchDined on 8/30/2014Attention to detail was followed to the tee, Reservation, dining experience, floor on the table at arrival, wait staff. Simply a pleasureSpecial Features:
- Celebration in San AntonioRudiselVIPDined on 8/29/2014We took my wife's father who turned 80 to dinner. They took great care of us and made it very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent From Cocktails to CognacMadMikeDined on 8/25/2014From the excellent seating, especially for a mildly mobility challenged individual, through the immediate attentiveness of the waiter the meal started excellently. Even for the cocktails our waiter took into account certain allergy problems. The appetizers, though delicious, just wetted our appetites for our truly delicious steaks. The meal and the two bottles of excellent filled us to point of forgoing the cognac - but that was how exceptional the meal was. A memorable night with memories for both of us.Special Features:
- great birthday dinnerlovesteaksDined on 8/22/2014My wife and I enjoyed the experience we had at Morton's. We were treated as if we owned the place. I'll never forget this night. But...the waiter did not give us the same level of service as the table next to us. I was listening to waiter taking time to tell his guess about the evenings menu. Our waiter was in such a rush to service our table and other tables that I felt a bit uncomfortable. Otherwise it was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but datedWillMDined on 8/21/2014Morton's was about what I expected going in. As far as the food goes, the steak was about average for this price range, the wine list was extensive, bread and appetizers were very good, and the deserts were fantastic. If you want to have a steak in downtown San Antonio I would say there are probably better options out there. I'll probably go back to the bar for a desert and cocktail at some point, but as far as steaks go there are better. What really got me was the decor, the whole place was a little drab, looking like it needs a complete makeover from the bathrooms to the entrance and main dining area. The service however was quick and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious MealJFFWVIPDined on 8/19/2014We actually went for restaurant week...what a wonderful deal!!! $35 for 3 courses with choices...we all had the 6 oz filet which is a perfect portion size and everyone's filet was seasoned and cooked to perfection!!! And very tender!!! Sides were delicious.....loved the broccoli with garlic and the others loved the Lyonnaise (sp?) potatoes with onions! Key lime was was delicious as were the souffles....grand marnier, raspberry and chocolate. Service was wonderful! A very enjoyable evening for the 5 of us! We will return even when it is not restaurant week!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing above expectationGlobetrotterdivaDined on 8/15/2014Just your average Morton's that makes an average extra dirty martini.Special Features:
- DeliciousdpinsaDined on 8/12/2014Had a great anniversary dinner. Everything was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & ServiceWolffmanDined on 8/11/2014Everything was great ........... except I never heard of onions and ham put in Creamed Corn before.Special Features:
- Great menu and service.Stang45Dined on 8/9/2014Food is always what you expect it to be time and time again. Steaks really tender and juicy, service is superb. Not a big fan of really dim light restraunts and bars, but this seems to be the trend for fine eateries. I came in celebrated a special occasion and got a custom menu with my name and congratulations on it. Well done Morton's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome staff/service!!!specialneedsDined on 8/8/2014Made my reservation online. It was my husband's birthday & he really wanted to try this place. We have no family here & so had to bring our 2 small kids with us. My son is special needs & requested to be seated away from the guests so as not to bother anyone. The staff was very accommodating & really made sure we were comfortable. Best dining experience!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerHappyGrammyDined on 8/2/2014My husband and I had reservations for my birthday dinner. I ordered the Grill, with a six ounce filler, three butterflied shrimp, two bacon wrapped scallops served with asperagas. The manager passed our table just after our meal was served and asked about our food. My steak was a little over cooked and he immediately replaced it with one cooked to perfection. Great service, good food and nice ambiance. The manager was awesome.Special Features:
- Best Steak I've EVER HadKenAndShelleyDined on 8/2/2014This is a GREAT Restaurant; Treated my Wife to a Weekend in San Antonio for our Anniversary and Morton's was across the street from our Hotel. I made a 6:00 pm reservation and everything was AWESOME, Best Steaks and Sea Food we have ever had anywhere, the service is second to none, very quiet and Romantic. Prices are on the higher end but worth Every Penny. We would recommend to anyone looking for a quiet evening out with Great food and atmosphere. The little things they do is what makes this place GREAT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WendellsWendellsVIPDined on 8/1/2014The creamed spinach had too much nutmeg. Service was good.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerSharlharDined on 7/29/2014We were treated like royalty and the food was AMAZING!!! I have been with a group before, however this was a first as a couple, the waiter was very knowledgeable and offered some great options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 799 reviews are from the Morton's The Steakhouse - San Antonio reviews archive.
- Wow wow wowDavidnikiDined on 7/25/2014My husband and I went for a 15 year anniversary. We have gone every year since we have been married. We love the photo they take and the complementary dessert. Overall our waiter was amazing! We will be there for our next special occasion and for sure our anniversarySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualJohnDined on 7/25/2014We are kinda Morton's junkies. This one seemed a little more informal than others we have visited over the years and somewhat loud. Food and service were excellent, as usual. We do miss the verbal and visual menus...nothing like seeing the various cuts of meats and the live 5 pound lobster as the waiter explained it all!Special Features:
- Ira1Dined on 7/21/2014Mortons of San antonio is always a great experience. I spent Saturday and Monday evenings there with two different groups of customers and associates for dinner. Mark, Misty and the rest of the staff did an outstanding job of accomodating our group request. The great thing about any Mortons is that you always know what to expect, and you never leave disappointed. Mortons of San Antonio always exceeds expectations. It is "over the top".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going downhillsafoodie33Dined on 7/18/2014As a longtime Morton's diner, I was concerned by the Landry's buyout. My first visit back since was a confirmation of those concerns. The bone-in ribeye was maybe an inch thick in the center, tapering to 1/2 inch on the edges. It was a light tan color, quite a contrast from a decade of nice brown charred finishes. The fat was not rendered, leaving the steak chewy. Ordered medium rare, the first offering came out medium well. The second attempt came out rare, which I ate to be able to eat some part of my steak with my guests. No efforts to remedy the mistake on the ticket whatsoever. A follow up call from management regarding the issue (where I mentioned the lack of remedy) found no further efforts even to credit a future visit. C-