Morton's The Steakhouse - Honolulu
1450 Ala Moana Blvd.
Honolulu, HI 96814Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - Honolulu
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 8089491300
- Hours of Operation:
Bar: Daily at 4:45pm
Monday - Thursday 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton's Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
- Special Events: Morton's in Honolulu hosts a variety of special events featuring fine wine & spirits, the best steak and a great time! For more information, visit http://www.mortons.com/honolulu
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - Honolulu
Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Morton's The Steakhouse - Honolulu - Best Restaurants in Honolulu ›
Morton's The Steakhouse - Honolulu reviews from OpenTable diners
197 reviews since May 18, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (165)romantic (86)notable wine list (67)fit for foodies (59)good for groups (52)neighborhood gem (19)kid-friendly (15)vibrant bar scene (15)hot spot (13)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (5)late-night find (5)Show More
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014Awesome menu for self proclaimed foodies. Dining room is a bit small, so it makes things feel crowded. Overall great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We celebrated a quiet dinner for two after getting married and the manager and his staff went above and beyond to make our dinner special and memorable. It was an absolutely amazing experience and the perfect end to a magical day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RayLDined on 9/13/2014Great steaks and service but prices dictate only special occasionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gemini2Dined on 9/12/2014Excellent food & great service as usual. One of the better steak houses in Honolulu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/9/2014The service was very attentive as usual, and we were greeted by waiters who had served us on past occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Work AnniversaryJustvisitingDined on 9/9/2014We had an overall nice experience. My office staff was overall very pleased with the food, not so much with the service. I was not as impressed, as I have visited Morton's steakhouse in other States (Florida and California), with impeccable service and better quality of food. I had the feeling that due to the size of group (small) and the guaranteed 21% gratuity the Morton's wait staff didn't seem that motivated to work for itSpecial Features:
- Gr8 Steak!LesWDined on 9/9/2014Absolutely the most tender steak I have had in years! Plus very tasty!Special Features:
- Celebrating 20th b-day.LovediningDined on 9/7/2014Green beans were old and shrunk and some were even brown in color, not the kind of quality we expected at Morton's. Panda Chinese fast food had better beans. Very disappointing. I was celebrating my daughters 20th b-day and it didn't feel that special.Special Features:
- Best managed restaurant in HawaiiMartinimanDined on 9/7/2014Mortons is, without a doubt, the best managed restaurant in Hawaii and perhaps the world. Cudos to Z and his crew in both the bar & restaurant. We have dined all over the USA and most of Europe. No restaurant can compare to Mortons Ala Moana in service, quality, value, and clubby romantic ambiance. Every employee is thoroughly trained & personable. Thanks for switching the music back to Sinatra style uptown jazz - far more appropriate for an upscale steak house. All you need now is a live piano in the dining room, and expanded happy hours to include Saturdays. The menu is great, but make no mistake Landry's- it is the specials ike the "End of Summer" $40 value that ensures our loyalty and keeps us away from the formidable competition.Special Features:
- Delicious food, bad atmosphereborn2eatDined on 9/6/2014The summer special was a great bargain. Three of us upgraded our filet to the porterhouse or bone-in ribeye and the steaks were excellent and cooked just the way we ordered it. The salmon was moist and the desserts were the perfect ending to a great dinner. It was a busy night and it was quite noisy. It was difficult to have a conversation with the members in our party. Too bad the neighboring diners weren't so courteous. We were celebrating my husband's birthday but no one sang happy birthday to him when they brought out his birthday soufflé. They sang happy birthday at the other tables tho. :-(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a Quiet Little DinnerRockyDined on 9/5/2014The food was excellent however, the service was extremely slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but good...JLSCDined on 9/5/2014WIth those prices, dining there is for special occasions only. Chris is an excellent server. But the employee who really shines is the hostess who takes the photos. She is SO warm & genuine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gooddining1Dined on 9/4/2014The service was excellent. The food was delicious. We went for the special so the prices were right. We went several months ago for the last special. We were a little reluctant to go back because on that visit the service was pretty bad. We felt like we were being ignored. They forgot to bring our desert and we had to finally ask what was taking so long. It was not a good dining experience. This last visit renewed our faith in the restaurant.Special Features:
- kamahinaDined on 9/2/2014my porterhouse, filet side excellent as always but the 2nd half/side was chewy. Service was and is always, "the greatest" Generally Morton's steaks go beyond satisfaction. But this time it was over priced for what we did end up getting. Especially wife's $50 platter, with 2 scallops, 3 shrimp, a a tiny filet. Business was surprisingly slow, consequently we had lots of attention and enjoyed a quite atmosphere as well.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/2/2014The food was nice but the after dinner mints were hardSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fitting for any celebrationFoursomeDined on 8/29/2014We were well greeted even if we were a bit late (20min) due to Friday night traffic. I did call in about expecting to be late and accommodations were made. The person waiting on us was remarkable and thanked us for coming back to celebrate my friends birthday again this year. It was awesome last year as it was this year 8/29. Thank you! The food was perfectly cooked, presented and very tasty!Special Features:
- As expected!!luvmysweetsDined on 8/29/2014Hadn't been to Morton's in years & nothing has changed. The food & service are excellent & just as I remembered. Their cuts of meat are among the best on the island & they have excellent desserts which are delicious!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK, but not spectacularJimbo808Dined on 8/25/2014The food and service was very good. But, for the price and hype, we expected so much more. Afte a $375 tab for 3, we'd at least like to remember one great dish. But, nada. It was OK, but not memorable at all. Zero "wow" factor for the money spent. Probably could've had the same dining experience at half the price at about a dozen other Honolulu restaurants. Disappointing experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Family Birthday TraditionLacyLadyDined on 8/24/2014For the past 5 years, we have been celebrating my two sons' birthdays at Morton's. We make this a tradition because of the "special touches" that Morton's provides and maintains---which makes my family feel special . The food is delicious and the service is superb. No doubt, this is the BIRTHDAY DESTINATION for my family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014There is a very nice attention provided for special touches that made our anniversary dinner memorable. Personalized menu and complimentary photo and dessert were most appreciated. Excellent service!Special Features:
- Awesome!maka1103Dined on 8/19/2014Morton's is my "go to" restaurant to take foodies to enjoy. All aspects are excellent. Top notch restaurant with good food, great service, and all expectations are met.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice quiet dinnerMangoMomVIPDined on 8/16/2014Hubby and I took advantage of an "End of Summer" special at Morton's. I had requested a quiet table and was very pleased to see that they had opened their private room and had a few tables in use there - we shared the room with about 5 other tables of diners so the noise level was nice and quiet and we were able to relax and enjoy conversation. Excellent (although pricey) cocktails, perfectly cooked steak. The server was over the top when she offered my husband an alternate dessert because the first was not outstanding for him (wife tried to talk him out of the mousse because I know it's not his favorite). This was above and beyond and finished off a very nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful anniversary celebration1stAnniversaryEveningDined on 8/16/2014Morton's really made our evening special. From the personalized menu to the decores on the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2014 experienceForewaDined on 8/15/2014I've had great experience with the Morton's since the 1980s including the Chicago home restaurant. The Honolulu Morton's was no different till this year as the steak was not as tasty as before. It was exclusively good with respect to the taste of their steak and food, but this year the taste did not differentiate from other steakhouses.Special Features:
- 35th Wedding Romantic Dinner!2KailuaSweetheartsDined on 8/12/2014Mahalo for a memorable and enjoyable 35th Wedding Anniversary dinner! Friendly Hostess upon arrival, Smiles everywhere, Perfect table for two, personalized menu, memorable photos, sweet heart confetti on the table, Erin, our Server - sweet, personable, accommodating. Night Manager - friendly and personable as well, all of the staff were totally energetic in service and cared for all patrons. Great wine list, delicious and appetizing meals set before us that were cooked to perfection. Loved and enjoyed every minute. Hard working staff. We wished we had more stomach space! Delicious! We will definitely celebrate at Morton's the Steakhouse - Honolulu, again! Thank you so much for a beautiful evening! aloha nui wale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NothingSpecialVIPDined on 8/12/2014Food was ok (steaks should have been hotter), lead waiter was annoying and slow
- Nothing Beats a Stock Yard SteakBestSonVIPDined on 8/11/2014Nothing beasts a stock yard steak and that is what Morton's serves. "Chicago Style" Where can you find a bone in filet? Here at Morton's! Twelve ounces to boot.Special Features:
- Always ElegantDonluvs2eatDined on 8/10/2014My wife and I enjoy Morton's a lot. We always have a great meal whether it is a special occasion like a birthday or anniversary, or just our date night. The steaks are of course the best, always perfectly prepared, but the sides are also wonderful. Top it all off with dessert and you cannot miss. I would be remiss if I did not mention the great service--we are always treated well. Cannot wait for our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great1956fernandoDined on 8/9/2014Morton's is always great. NYC, Miami, Chicago, Honolulu, S. Juan de P. Rico,....never diisappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Withheld Summer SpecialsGotaspecial808Dined on 8/9/2014We had a nice time at dinner. We were not expecting to spend over $600.00 on our Birthday dinner. If we had been informed that there was a Summer Special available to us we may have ordered it. We saw the special advertised after we had our dinner. It angered us that no one mentioned it. A happy occasion soon turned sour. A valuable lesson was learned that "Mortons" does not inform its guests about all that is available to order.Special Features:
- GREAT FOOD!!RSTHNLDined on 8/4/2014the food is always great...but a note of caution, the service is not so great when Zyron (the manager) is not working!!! when he is there, even the service is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent steakOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/3/2014Food quality was satisfying. Their service? Not good enough for their price setting. I won't come back again.Special Features:
- RoscoeDined on 7/29/2014We celebrated our anniversary and was impressed with a personalized menu along with a picture and dessertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- oK- ButreinkailuaDined on 7/26/2014We order the bone in filet, medium rare. It did take quite a while to arrive and that was ok but when it arrived it was basically room temperature or slightly above. I think it had been sitting while waiting for our table guests meals to be ready. About one half of the steak was less than medium rare and would be better called rare. One of our table guests received his steak and it was not warm and he sent it back. When it returned it was hot but over cooked, which he told the waitress ( who was very nice). The manager did check on the table and was nice enough not to charge our table guest for his steak. We have eaten here before and hosted a large group in the private dining room in the past. In the future we will stay in the bar.Special Features:
- Specail Nightlive2eatDined on 7/26/2014My wife and I have a standing date night for the weekend between our respective birthdays and this year was no exception. We strive to make the evening something very special - in this case (with the help of Morton's) we out did ourselves. The food, service and ambience with outstanding. the waitor was personable as well as knowledgable; the menu tailored to our specail event (birthday greeting for the two of us across the top) birthday confetti sprinkled on the table - it made an already specila occassion even more special - just when we thought it couldn't get any better they provided us a complimentary birthday photo and a lighter than air souffle. If you are looking for something a cut above I strongly recommend Morton's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentfarmer12Dined on 7/26/2014Morton's as always treated us like we were the only guest that they had that night. Numerous times we were questioned by management if everything was to our liking. Our server could not have been more professional yet personable the whole evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steaktacular!MauiGirlDined on 7/25/2014Every time we visit from Maui, Morton's is a must for us at Ala Moana. The steaks are perfection and my daughter absolutely loves the double baked, Au gratin potatoes. And don't forget to leave room for the molten chocolate cake. I appreciate the manager stopping at every table at some point during the meal to make certain everything is up to Morton standards of excellence. Of course we will return on our next shopping trip to Oahu.Special Features:
- morton's did not let us downPoipuGirlDined on 7/19/2014great food, service and overall character of restaurant as well as staff....glad we got to enjoy a great meal thereSpecial Features:
- Birthday Celebration Success!tanakainmauiDined on 7/19/2014The wait help was very friendly and treated the children with respect and patience. My 11yr old ordered the 8 oz filet and said that it was too peppery for her, but she ate most of it anyways. My 13yr old ordered the lobstr bisque which she normally loves. She said it had too much of a wine flavor in it. I ordered my lambchops medium rare and it was delivered at rare. We enjoyed the broccoli. The asparag was a little tough--they used the big ones--but the mac&cheese was delicious. The carrot cake was a great dessert! They did give us personalized menus with my daughter's name on it and also, they took two photos of the group and gave that to us at the end. That was a nice surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary !!!RobimakiDined on 7/18/2014Terrific service and great Food! Marc was knowledgeable with great personality, Bravo!!! 12 Oysters super fresh and Tasty,The Filet Mignon melted in the mouth! Management took a picture of us plus a complementary Dessert! Thank you so much!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.