Miro at Bacara Resort
8301 Hollister Ave.
Santa Barbara, CA 93117Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Miro at Bacara Resort
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bacararesort.com/?NCK=8779347780
- Phone: (877) 934-7780x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Wednesday through Saturday Closed Sunday-Monday
Enjoy a 30% discount on select cocktails and wines in our artful fireside lounge. Excludes tax and tip.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, European, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Johan Denizot
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: One truly exceptional feature of Miró Restaurant is the 40-seat private dining room in the Wine Cellar, home to Bacara's rare and prestigious wines. The wine cellar is the perfect room to host a private engagement, a corporate wine tasting function or a quaint social affair.
- Private Party Contact: Tyson Torres 8779255057
- Special Events:
A word from Miro at Bacara Resort
Named after the Spanish artist Joan Miró, Miró offers stunning views of the Pacific Ocean, an artistic interior and extraordinary New American cuisine. Dine indoors or out on a spacious oceanfront terrace while enjoying Executive Chef Johan Denizot's contemporary twist on dishes from around the globe. To further enhance the dining experience is an extensive selection of world-class wines from Miró's 12,000-bottle Wine Cellar. Awarded Wine Spectator's "Best Of Award of Excellence" for 10 years in a row, the Cellar features 1,300 different labels and offers private dining events and reserve wine tastings with Miró's expert Sommeliers. In the adjacent Miró Bar & Lounge, diners enjoy an intimate, fireside setting for an array of tapas and signature cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Miro at Bacara Resort - Best Restaurants in Santa Barbara ›
Miro at Bacara Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (44)special occasion (41)great for outdoor dining (36)romantic (34)fit for foodies (26)notable wine list (22)good for groups (9)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (4)late-night find (2)neighborhood gem (2)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- One of the best meals everOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Well worth the trip -- the food and ambience were amazing. I ate stuff I normally wouldn't go near (tuna tartar, clams).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My dining experience at MiroOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014My family and I found this restaurant to be great for those who eat paleo or healthy and organic meals. The food was great, the service was spectacular from the hostess, mixologist(fantastic drinks by the way) as well as the servers. The atmosphere was very scenic and romantic; especially the outdoor dining area with a walkway to the beach. This restaurant is expensive, but well worth it because it is fine dining at its best, especially if you are food snob like myself. I had the salmon dish with asparagus which was very good, my husband had the sea bass dish and he loved his meal as well. They can also make anything for your kids if the menu doesn't work out for them. For dessert I recommend the beignets or the chocolate cake. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Beautiful Resort & RestaurantYodiVIPDined on 8/27/2014The atmosphere dining outdoors was like a dream. Setting sun and looking out at the Ocean. The food was outstanding as was the service. I was a little hesitant after reading several of these critical reviews but I will tell you, this restaurant is competitive with fine dining in New York. Everything was perfect for our last Evening at Bacara Resort & Spa. The end to a perfect Vacation. I can attest that the previous critical reviews are petty at best. This restaurant bends over backwards to delight its customers. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Very disappointing and overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/24/2014We ate here our first night at Bacara and found it very disappointing. Our server was talking up the chef but it did not pan out. Both soup and salad were below average. My husband had the short rib which was just okay but my crab tortellini were not edible. The crab tasted like it came out of a can, seriously-we were staring at the ocean! It was mealy and bland and not even close to fresh in any regard. All that and it was extremely expensive, besides. We are in the food and wine business so don't mind paying for a good meal but after this one we definitely felt ripped off and will not be eating there again unless there is a change of chef.Special Features:
- DannigirlDined on 8/23/2014The restaurant seemed very sterile although the bar area was quite nice. The menu was very limited. Everything I tasted was extremely salty.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Met friends for dinner. Scheduled to return for a 3 day stay to celebrate a birthday. Looking forward to exploring the entire resort and spa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed?GourmandsVIPDined on 8/15/2014I was a bit disappointed at my birthday dinner at Miro on August 15. Maybe my expectations were too high! The Chilean Seabass did not have its typical tenderness, texture and taste even after I was offered a replacement. My guests (who are also used to fine dining) were a bit disappointed as well with the quality of the offerings. We hope that we will have a better experience the next time.Special Features:
- The chef is trying too hardBostalianDined on 8/13/2014Too many strong flavors on one dish. Although the seafood and meats are fresh their flavors are masked with too many ingredients. The a la carte vegetables are smothered in too much added salt, butter, and cheeses. Best way it serve a vegetable is to lightly sauté and season. Believe me if you eat here you are paying for the atmosphere not the food and I must say it is almost worth the small fortune you will spend just for the experience.Special Features:
- A Must ExperiencemanhattanladyDined on 8/12/2014Dining at Miro's was absolutely beautiful in every way. The food was wonderful, only surpassed by the setting!Special Features:
- LaroDined on 8/12/2014Food and service was very good. Prices excessive . Special occasion restaurant for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinner with a viewDeDeVIPDined on 8/10/2014Beautiful outdoor seating (by request) and also a large room for groups. Food was very good. The salmon was cooked perfectly and delicious. We enjoyed the "young"greens salad and the sea bass was great also. Service was good at the start and then poor at the end...hate that when that happens.Special Features:
- Best experienceLizvillaDined on 8/3/2014The staff is professional and friendly and the food was exceptional! The outside dinning area also has great views. Definitely one of the best dinning experience's we've every had!Special Features:
- Excellent servicefoodiefromAusDined on 7/30/2014Chomari our waiter was brilliant! He had a fantastic knowledge of the produce used in all dishes and gave a great recommendation for a local wine to accompany our meal. The view was also amazing. It was my husbands birthday and all staff without having to prompt wished him a happy birthday and brought out a birthday candle with dessert. Make sure you save room for dessert too was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic ClassOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014Everything was perfect. From the setting to the staff to the food sourcing, preparation, and presentation. They could not have done it any better.Special Features:
- Flawless eveningjawboneDined on 7/19/2014Our dining experience at Miro was flawless in every regard. The chef has the ability to create a dish with food combinations that are unusual and yet makes the heart cry for joy upon eating it. The service was perfectly timed, unobtrusive and helpful with suggestions and descriptions of the dishes on the menu when needed. We WILL return when in the area again.Special Features:
- Great Ocean ViewsPescatarianVIPDined on 7/17/2014Salmon was good but needed more salt. The 1 & 1/2 fried shrimp served with the salmon was excellent and left me wanting more shrimp. The two thin asparagus that came with the meal made me wish the waitress had elaborated on the menu and suggested that while the salmon came with a couple of asparagus it was not a lot of vegetables and I might want to consider a side dish. In all fairness, the waitress did ask if we wanted to order a side dish but when I indicated no need due to the asparagus mentioned with my order she made no further comment. Dessert took too long, approx. 20 min., to be served. Perhaps, this was due to dining during the week and the beautiful, elaborate cheese plate presentation. I had to request more bread twice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EdgeDined on 7/13/2014Appetizers were good but very pricy - not worth the costs. Entree was tasteless but very pricy. I had the Rissotto. I could have done much better.Special Features:
- Great view and food, poor serviceNatalieDined on 7/3/2014We stayed at bacara and ate at Miro on our first night. We were impressed by the food and the som suggested a great bottle of wine. The bartender, Elsa, was great. Passionate about food and wine. She should have been the server. The runner didn't know the food he delivered and said "I'm new, sorry" The assistant to the server served water out of the bar faucet to a guest outside!!! When we got seated at his table he went to pour us water. My husband called him out and said he saw him do that and we would like filtered water. He shrugged and walked away. I was shocked!!!!! Our server had way too many tables, wasn't knowledgable on the menu and there were flys by our table. Not worth the $300 we dropped for 2....Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/2/2014Excellent restaurant at the Bacara resort. Although it is the only fine dining option at the resort, it is a very good one. Half wine bottles available for those that can't/won't drink the entire bottle. The chilean sea bass was outstanding.Special Features:
- Beautiful viewChristi102Dined on 6/29/2014The Miro restaurant at Bacara resort has some of the most amazing views. The service was very good. I had the oysters to start and the lamb entree, which were both very good. My husband had the carrot soup to start which was also quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous dinner!NordymDined on 6/27/2014My wife and I had a fabulous dinner at Miro. Lovely setting, excellent service and a great dinner. A bit expensive, but not outrageous for the experience they offer. Will definitely eat here again when we return to the Bacara Resort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marvelous Miro!ChaparralDined on 6/21/2014We celebrated our 45 Anniversary with dinner at Bacara's Miro. I have to say everything was perfect: the view from the outdoor patio, the food, and especially the impeccable service. We can't afford to make this a regular experience, but are looking forward to returning for another special night out. Maybe we'll try brunch next!!Special Features:
- LisaDined on 6/20/2014Lovely setting for a great meal. There is nothing better than watching the sunset while having a scrumptious meal. Miro at Bacara is the high end restaurant at the resort. There is in-door and out-door dining with a view of the ocean. The food is carefully prepared and is beautifully plated on dishes with artist Miro's designs. The Salmon I ordered was perfectly cooked and delicious. The sea bass my friends ordered was also a treat to eat. My other friend ordered the short ribs and she couldn't stop saying how incredible her dinner was. Service was exceptional once we were able to get the attention of the wait staff.Special Features:
- Suitable for royalty and regularsBobSDined on 6/15/2014The setting overlooking the Pacific Ocean provides the best view in Santa Barbara. Even though Bacara Resort is one of the most luxurious in San Barbara, attracting royalty, millionaires, billionaires, some one percenters, I felt very comfortable and the staff from valet to restaurant hostess to the waiter [Charmoni?? - so charming!] were welcoming and respectful. NO attitude at all. I will plan to stay there at Bacara next time we are in Santa Barbara. We were celebrating father's day and our son's graduation from University of California Santa Barbara and it was just perfect in every way. It is my new favorite restaurant in Santa Barbara for times I want to spend a fortune.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not hit the markVaderBaby73Dined on 6/13/2014For such a beautiful restaurant, we had such high expectation for quality food and service, but were sorely disappointed. Our primary server was a lovely lady, however, she took our order 3 times! She couldn't remember 3 starters and 3 entrees, yet she didn't think to write it down. As for the food, it was mediocre at best. The dishes were described wonderfully on the menu, but tasted completely uninspiring. The food combinations didn't work (sausage and grilled octopus), and the food quality wasn't there (Colorado lamb). Overall, for the high end prices paid, one should expect and receive high end food and service, and unfortunately, you won't get it here.Special Features:
- Spectacular Sea Bass!RichB2405Dined on 5/10/2014Started off with the Big Eye Tuna Sashimi! DELICOUS! Enjoyed the Seared Chilean Sea Bass! THE BEST I've EVER Had! Finished off with the Beignets! (Not on the menu - Awesome!) Very Good Wine selection. Service was phenomenal! They attended to EVERY Detail. Amazing View!Special Features:
- MiroOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/9/2014For a top notch resort I think that Miro needs to step it up. We had reservations for 2 nights and I cancelled the second night. There is virtually no décor- just tables and carpet. There is nothing interesting about the place at all. They tell you that the cuisine is top notch and every bit counts etc but it's just OK for the price. I paid $170 for 2 meals, one side and one corkage fee. I think that is expensive then the food is not outstanding. The place was empty and maybe that is because people have caught on to the fact that it's over priced.
- The following 73 reviews are from the Miro at Bacara Resort reviews archive.
- Birthday DinnerlcolgateDined on 4/18/2014We stayed at Bacara for my and my husband's birthdays. By desogn it was supposed to be special and Miro did not disappoint. Our dinner at Miro was spectacular. The view, weather, wine list, wait staff was attentive and professional.Special Features:
- A little disappointingnotcreativeDined on 4/5/2014The location, looking over the Pacific is breathtaking. The food was quite good, though not on the same level as some of the very best restaurants I've been to. For the price, I was expecting a little more, flavor-wise. Portions were quite hearty. The service was not very attentive. We waited for about 10 minutes to get menus and a wine list after being seated, and when we placed our order, the waiter spent part of the time looking over at another table, which resulted in him almost bringing the wrong wine. Fortunately (I guess), he came to suggest a different bottle, which he thought was similar to what we ordered, and we clarified and got the one we originally ordered. Minor problems, but gave us the feel that we weren't a top priority.Special Features:
- Beautiful romantic dinner--outsideGabeDined on 3/29/2014Beautiful romantic dinner--outside dining with tremendous ocean view. Food was top notch. Portions were fine--we left plenty full. We brought bottle from our cellar, but we were offered tour after dinner of their terrific cellar. Service was outstanding. Brought out an off-menu dessert based on a comment my wife made--very special. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/26/2014Loved the setting and service. Wine list was excellent. My food was great (duck). My husband had the halibut, and it was a bit bland and slightly overdone. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive but worthwhileOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/21/2014If you can throw about $150 a plate and drink without remorse, then here is a great place to do it. No oversized portions either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had an enjoyable evening,reviewVIPDined on 3/14/2014We had an enjoyable evening, server was nice but the other gentlemen that served the food and cleared the dishes were very nice and friendly. The food menu is not very large in our opinion but it was good enough for us to find something to eat. My husband had the Rib Steak, what they are known for according to the server. It was good but it was nothing special, disappointing since we were expecting something special for a signature dish. I had the scallops, they were delicious but in my opinion the sear on one side was way too much for such a delicate item. It would have been perfect if they backed off the heavy sear on one side. Overall the appetizer and dinner were good but not what i expected with such high praises from Reviews.Special Features:
- Lovely and DeliciousLisaDined on 3/8/2014Miro at Bacara was a wonderful surprise. The service was excellent with a very attentive wait staff and the food was very good. The beet salad was beautifully arranged and absolutely delicious. my steelhead trout was moist and combined with the various small portion vegetable accents made the dish a wonderfully tasty treat. The portions were generous and each had their own wonderful flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Ambiance!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/7/2014We stayed at Bacara over the weekend and glad we had the chance to dine at Bacara. Actually there is little reason to leave the resort. The decor was really beautiful and the ambiance was romantic, upscale and great views of the pacific. It was a high-end and quiet experience...no kids running around so perfect for romantic dinners. Our servers were outstanding. Everyone knew every detail of the dishes and how they were prepared. And they were sooo attentive and nice. I would defintely go back and this time around, won't bother going outside of the hotel!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Art-"full", but unfilledElmerDined on 3/7/2014The restaurant was beautiful, the ambiencewonderful, and the service was great. The dishes were gorgeous and delicious but the chef needs to remember that people are also coming here to eat to fulfill that natural need to survive. Just to put things in perspective, I am a 5 foot 9 inch woman who weighs 135 pounds. I never eat huge quantities of food and i must I tell you that the $32 risoto ENTRE was meager at best, beautiful but really inadequate. $32 for less than 3.2 ounces of risotto, this is rice people. My spouse and I will laugh about this meal for years to come but we won't be back.Special Features:
- Good food slow serviceLindakVIPDined on 3/1/2014Our dinner started out great with prompt attention, wine and appetizer courses. Very personable and enthusiastic waiter who knew a lot about the extensive wine list and gave beautiful descriptions and recommendations of the food. Unfortunately there must have been a problem in the kit he because it took far to long to get our entrees...people around us who were seated after us were finished with dessert before we got our entrees! Hopefully this was just a one off because everything go else about the evening was great. The food truly is excellent and the wine list includes many half bottles which is nice. The tagliatelli with truffles is to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- resort high endEnjoyVIPDined on 2/15/2014Stayed at Bacara. Sat on the patio, very nice ambiance. Service seemed great but there were fits and starts to mention like having to flag someone down for a water refill many times. Seemed like when you needed them, hard to find. But when the servers and backwaiters were nearby, they were great. One issue with the food- ordered the seabass. We eat this all the time- there was something off about it. Had to send it back Great wine list/sides very good- brussel sprouts & truffle macncheese. Beware, entrees are very small, and descriptions are not always what they say. Ex: "Fried Brussel sprouts with bacon" is really sauteed sprouts with pulled pork. Overall, recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/15/2014By far, the best meal I've ever had. The restaurant, as well as the resort, are beautiful, the service is impeccable, and the food is unreal. Absolutely recommend to anyone and everyone. With drinks, apps, etc. it is an expensive night, but worth every penny.Special Features:
- very pleasantkotyaraDined on 2/13/2014Really enjoyable restaurant and property. Quality of food, price and presentation achieve very desirable balance of sophistication and heartiness. Portions were large but rather nicely arranged and very tasty. It probably will not sound right, but this is great fine dining starter restaurant. Servers were very polite and pleasant, but we were asked to move aside unfinished amuse-bouches as the appetizers were on the way and also asked to keep dirty forks. One of the appetizers was crab legs dish. We were offered hot towel to clean hands. The used towel stayed at the table through next course and would have stayed there until we paid had I not dropped it on empty chair. Overall is nice dining experience with spectacular views.Special Features: