5410 Page Road
Durham, NC 27703Neighborhood:
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mezdurham.com/
- Phone: 9199411630
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Mon-Fri 11:00am - 4:00pm Dinner: Mon-Thur 5:00pm - 9:30pm Dinner: Fri-Sat 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern
- Executive Chef: Aaron Stumb
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Mez offers catering services to fit your every need. Lunch, dinner or appetizers can be delivered to your office, conference or other meeting site. Please contact us for more information.
- Special Events: Mez currently offers several ongoing specials that should not be missed. Every afternoon between lunch and dinner from 4:00 until 6:00 PM our bar customers can order any individual tacos for $2. Every Saturday night all bottles of wine are 50% off.
- Cross Street: Slater Road
- Public Transit: Mez is located just steps away from the Triangle Transit Authority's bus stop on the corner of Slater Road and Page Road. We are also within walking distance of the Triangle Transit Authority's new Transfer Station slated to come online in the fall of 2008.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Mez, as a LEED designed restaurant, offers three designated parking spaces for our guests who driving a hybrid vehicle.
A word from Mez
MEZ is a contemporary Mexican restaurant conveniently located in the heart of the Triangle, just minutes from Chapel Hill, Raleigh, Durham and Cary on Page Road off I-40 (Exit 282). MEZ is the newest venture from the Chapel Hill Restaurant Group, the owners of 518 West, 411 West, Squid’s, and Spanky’s, all award-winning local restaurants. We feature traditional Mexican recipes with a modern, healthy twist, and use locally grown organic products whenever possible. MEZ also offers a beautiful private room that can accommodate 20 to 100 people for business lunches or dinners, rehearsal dinners, corporate training or any other occasion. Our private dining/meeting room offers a full array of audio-video equipment for your use. MEZ is North Carolina's first LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) designed restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Mez reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (58)good for groups (52)fit for foodies (38)neighborhood gem (30)great for outdoor dining (22)hot spot (21)special occasion (16)vibrant bar scene (14)romantic (10)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (5)great for brunch (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- Always a great meal!nikmoDined on 10/11/2014We love Mez - consistently delicious, attentive but not intrusive service, and a great menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as AlwaysPharmaMDVIPDined on 10/10/2014Best Latin Food restaurant I have encountered to date, and their food and service remains excellent - no degeneration whatsoever.Special Features:
- Good FoodMickDined on 10/3/2014The food was excellent, though the queso was served cold. There was a rather large party next to us so there was trouble hearing our own conversation over the din. The initial service was good, but they may have been overwhelmed with the large party and became slow. I will return for another visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great offeringsbeer4loversDined on 9/26/2014The drink list was nice. Jalapeno blood orange margarita was refreshing. For dinner we had the tamal and chicken tinga quesadilla. The tamal was good but the quesadilla was phenomenal. Green rice was great. Also the guacamole is a must have. Melvin provided us with great service. The only regret is we didn't have room for desert.Special Features:
- Check your tabPurplepreacherDined on 9/26/2014I ordered the special soup of the day. The menu said it was $9. The bill said $11. When I pointed it out to my server he pushed back, but was holding a menu so I showed it to him. He looked at me like I had done something wrong and said he would have to talk to he manager. It took WAY too long for him to talk to the manager and get my bill adjusted. No excuse for this kind of customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NeelamDined on 9/22/2014Good spot for drinks and delicious food. Always a hit with every client and anyone I dine with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to have an anniversary!thmsjtstDined on 9/20/2014I placed a reservation online through OpenTable for Mez and loved it! My wife and I were celebrating our 14th wedding anniversary. My wife told me a few weeks earlier that we haven't been to the Mez in quite a long time, so when I got to work I placed the reservation asking for a special evening with my wife. Upon our arrival the hostess, our waiter and the manager on-duty were all so attentive and our food was excellent! I've tried to take my wife to some different locations on our anniversary and this experience will continue to be one of our tops. We will be returning in the future! Thank you Mez and thank you OpenTable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobertDined on 9/17/2014good food at decent price, always an option when I want to keep it simple, yet decent, not high end, but just right for a weekday dinner with friends or for business; ask for a more quiet area, in case you need to have a conversation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale MexicanBillyrtpDined on 9/17/2014Can you use those two words together? Ha. This was a nice dining experience, impressed my customer and the weather was nice so we could sit outside. Do try the fresh lemon- limeade. Good stuff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- allenVIPDined on 9/15/2014Too noisy to enjoy a good long dinner with your spouse, but good fresh food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great lunch spot in RTPblugilDined on 9/11/2014Went to lunch with a coworker. The food, service, and atmosphere is great. Using online reservation, open table.com made seating quick and easy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favstruthnameDined on 9/8/2014I always enjoy Mez. Great food and service in a lovely surrounding.Special Features:
- Always goodJGormanDined on 9/5/2014Been here a few times and it never disappoints. I got the shrimp fajitas and they were great. The grilled avocados were great too, different and unique, but similar tasting to guac.Special Features:
- Great food, Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014My recent visit to Mez was lovely. The service was excellent. The food was great. It was really noisy I must admit. At times I could not hear the person sitting across from me. We were seated near the bar, maybe there were quieter parts of the restaurant? I highly recommend making a reservation as the place was packed. Also arrive early, the parking situation was less than desirable. I had to park out on one of the side streets. However, all well worth it!Special Features:
- Great food, great service --alwzsmilnDined on 8/26/2014Food was good. Didn't like that they don't give you chips and salsa. Make a reservation for lunch!Special Features:
- Great choice, but somewhat spicytapnickDined on 8/25/2014I love Mez and eat there often. Recently I took out of town company there. Everything was wonderful, except that some of the items seemed much spicier than usual. I think it would be great with spicier dishes for the wait staff to let customers know.Special Features:
- Always consistentDickDined on 8/23/2014Consistently good and a nice varietal of Mexican FoodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mez is Fusion MexicanKateLovesMezDined on 8/18/2014Trying to describe the food at Mez is always a challenge to me. It is always excellent, but it is not your typical Mexican Restaurant so I decided that it was probably "fusion" Mexican. The upscale atmosphere with reasonable prices and the unique approach to Mexican cuisine is always good.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceAutumngalDined on 8/9/2014My husband and I enjoyed a great meal with old friends. The fish tacos were incredible. Service was great. The only downside was that it was a rainy humid night and its was really hot and stuffy inside the restaurant with alot of noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stop seating children in bar area!ReviewerDined on 8/9/2014Love this restaurant, but if they don't stop seating children at tables in the bar area we're not going back. Kids don't belong at bar tables - stop putting them there. Hate spending money to go be around kids.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mez has gone down hillDisappointed92Dined on 8/2/2014It has really gone down hill. Service very slow and waiter messed up orders. It was a rather slow Saturday night 6pm). Party of six adults and all thought their food was average at best. Really disappointed! Would not waste our money their again. Much better Mexican restaurants around in Triangle.
- Great time by all of us.phaedrazoeDined on 8/1/2014Celebrated our 45th anniversary and they brought champaign as a treat. WOW lllllll Been at Mez many times and will keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great & reasonably pricedsgbrooksDined on 7/31/2014Food was very fresh & Excellent service, too. Will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- need to train serverschixVIPDined on 7/31/2014I LOVE the food; however, our server had other ideas. 1. We ordered an appetizer for the table - but the entrees came out immediately such we could not enjoy the guacamole. 2. She immediately brought out the check even before all our entrees were finished. When i asked about desserts, she responded "you didn't order desserts and i thought you had ENOUGH FOOD with the entrees. " I said, "You could have asked if we wanted dessert." She said, "you didn't ask." 3. When we asked to split the check for the two couples; she not NOT split the appetizer,but at that point it was laughable. 4. Thank goodness these are good friends but if I were entertaining, I would have been horrified.
- Great food and serviceDragonflyDined on 7/30/2014The four of us studied the menu BEFORE we came and still had a hard time deciding on which of the many tempting dishes to have. Each of the ultimate choices not only looked delicious but was delicious. Gourmet, contemporary and unmistakeably Mexican. Our server was attentive and professional. We dined on a Wednesday evening, around 6:30, and it was definitely a "hot spot" for a young, after work crowd with some tables for eight nearby. That being said, the noise level is indeed energetic and the design of the space contributes to that acoustic. At one table across the room the arrival of food finally tempered the high pitched laughter of one of the diners and that was a relief. We had an excellent evening of excellent food.Special Features:
- MenuwalesydalesyDined on 7/30/2014The restaurant has a very good menu and things change often to offer variety. The NC catfish dishes are great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/28/2014Food is amazing, service is excellent and great prices. I work in RTP and this is my go to place for a quick and tasty lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- decent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/27/2014shrimp dish was excellent! there was a carmel cheesecake that was heavenly!
- Great food, atmosphere and service!ChapelHillresidentDined on 7/24/2014Dinner with friends was most enjoyable. Our server recommended great dishes, and the margaritas were spot on. Service was really good. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BenPVIPDined on 7/23/2014Excellent food in an area that has needed good restaurants for years.Special Features:
- DisappointingLadyriderDined on 7/22/2014I ordered my fav dish, the shrimp cocktail which was on the menu as being in a tomato based salsa sauce. There was no tomato in in. While tasty, it was not the quality as it had been in the past. The restaurant is a very noisy place to dine. The wait staff was attentive and I got the feeling she was wanted to turn the table very quickly.
- Always Consistently Fresh and TastyVegasjoe57VIPDined on 7/10/2014The salads are very health in general and adding fish or chicken makes them the real deal. Great place for lunch in RTP!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisy to enjoy the great foodDiner17Dined on 7/9/2014Too noisy says it all. We won't go back because conversation, relaxing or stimulating, was impossible.Special Features:
- delicious food, pleasant atmosphereLindaDined on 7/9/2014No complaints. The food was good, our server delightful and the restaurant very attractive. The only downside is the very busy parking lot at lunch time. I arrived before noon and got the last parking place. There appeared to be more parking across the street, but it was a busy street and didn't look easy to cross. What's more patrons speed through the lot desperately seeking places to park.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere, great foodsbmmomDined on 7/8/2014Enjoyed a business dinner with colleagues traveling into town from elsewhere. One was a Texan, so it was risky going to a Mexican restaurant, as they have such great SW fare in Texas. But he loved it. Thumbs up for Mez!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MexicanBobNahantVIPDined on 7/8/2014When ever I am in durham I always go back. Not the typical Mexican restaurant. A step up. Good margaritas and even better fish tacosSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE MEZ!robertsonDined on 7/7/2014Great place to eat if you like Mexican food and an adult atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JGM418Dined on 6/30/2014The fish tacs were excellent and our server was terrific.
- Pretty goodCCNCVIPDined on 6/29/2014I go to Mez often and love bringing friends there to eat. The food this time was good but a bit inconsistent. Some entrees that we chose specifically to appeal to those who did not want something spicy, ended up being very spicy that night - despite both the server and me attesting to the fact that this was not normally a spicy dish. It also took a ridiculously long time to get our food which was atypical of the restaurant which I usually find has fast service. Still we had a great time overall. The guacamole was awesome and most entrees such as the fish tacos adobado, the steak tacos and the shrimp dish with corn and rice and beans - name escapes me now - were excellent as always. Just need consistency through the end of the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1072 reviews are from the Mez reviews archive.
- Superb Upscale Mexican RestaurantjambroDined on 6/24/2014On occasional visits to Raleigh I must find my way to Mez. They serve my Mexican favorites prepared with high quality ingredients and a true chef's touch. This not a typical Mexican restaurant. Food is perfectly seasoned and artfully presented. My favorites include the chicken enchiladas with a delicious dark mole, the brisket, fish tacos and the tamal. The menu lists a variety of options from steak to seafood, something to suit any palate. The drink menu is extensive but I wish they tapped many more of the great local craft beers. The place is beautiful with great atmosphere. The service is friendly and attentive but not too fast, a good thing as you will be happy to linger for a while.Special Features: