McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Edina
Edina, MN 55435Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Edina
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/
- Phone: (952) 920-1142
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 6:00am - Midnight
Sunday: 6:00am - 10:00pm
• Open for breakfast 7 days a week from 6am -11am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Scott Thole
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: York Avenue
- Public Transit: The #6 bus has stops along France Ave. and York Ave.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: There are several parking spaces directly in front of the restaurant, and a four-level parking ramp located behind the restaurant. The adjoining Westin Hotel offers valet parking at their front entrance, at a discounted rate for McCormick & Schmick's guests.
A word from McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Edina
Situated in the heart of Edina, McCormick & Schmick’s Seafood & Steaks is conveniently located at Westin Edina Galleria hotel. We are open every day for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Enjoy a meal in our spacious dining room, cozy bar or out on one of our two patios. Our sterling reputation and high customer loyalty comes from our commitment to provide a delicious meal with the highest standards of service.Continued
From fresh seafood and shellfish to aged steaks and garden fresh salads, our goal is to exceed your dining expectations.
From fresh seafood and shellfish to aged steaks and garden fresh salads, our goal is to exceed your dining expectations.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Edina - Best Restaurants in Edina ›
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Edina reviews from OpenTable diners
234 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (159)fit for foodies (87)romantic (63)great for lunch (54)neighborhood gem (52)good for groups (46)notable wine list (37)great for outdoor dining (32)vibrant bar scene (23)great for brunch (21)hot spot (12)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (3)Show More
- Dead ZoneOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/2014We had Sunday brunch and there were few other diners present. Nevertheless, the kitchen was extremely slow -- much slower than a busy restaurant on a Saturday night. As we were leaving, we asked our server why. He said the kitchen had only one cook. This is a major national chain and the restaurant is attached to a Westin hotel. We won't be back.
- Disappointing DinnerShorewoodDined on 11/22/2014We had been to McCormick and Schmick's for lunch and enjoyed it so decided to celebrate a family birthday there. We were seated in a drab room off the main dining room where we looked directly into the kitchen. Although there were three or four servers standing around the kitchen door most of the night, our server was AWOL most of the evening. When he was at the table he was there to sell us the most expensive item on the menu. Our dinners were adequate but not outstanding. They did comp us a dessert for the birthday girl but never offered coffee. We sat for 20 minutes after dinner waiting for our check and then it came with a hard sell pitch for their Rewards Card. One and done for us.
- Adult Ambiance and Great Food!JuleeBeeDined on 11/20/2014My party of four were celebrating our communal 70th birthdays (spread out over the year) and have known each other for an accumulated 145 years. We wanted to relax, have good food, toast our longevity and we laughed and enjoyed ourselves at McCormick & Schmick's Seafood in Edina for three and one-half hours. I highly recommend the Chef's private choice selections: starter, entree, dessert - everything we ordered was truly tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quiet weekday nightshoppingladies2014Dined on 11/19/2014Menu was their standard menu, we were hoping for more season offerings in the side dishes and desserts. The restaruant was uncomfortably cold and very loud, making it difficult to enjoy the experience. While service was somewhat slow, the group that participated in serving our table were engaging.Special Features:
- Average at bestAnn21VIPDined on 11/18/2014We had dinner there Nov. 18. The tables were so crowded that it was very difficult for servers to move between tables and to serve food. Our appetizer almost didn't get delivered. Several tables were seated at once and it seemed our server was a little overwhelmed though he stayed very pleasant. While service was friendly, it was a bit slow and a little sloppy. I had much better meals there 1.5 years ago, which had fabulous food and commensurate service. The lobster bisque was far better than Oceanaire last year. The rest of the meal was fine. For entree prices of $20-30, I expect much more from a dinner. I wondered who was managing the restaurant since it was not obvious and it did not seem to be a great evening for McCormicks. The wine glass base broke off for a customer at the table next to us. While the expereince was ok, I can't say I am compelled to return either.
- Birthday DinnerswellgalDined on 11/16/2014My family was there for a birthday celebration. The food and service was excellent. My only complaint was despite my making reservations for 5 -- and there were circular tables that would seat 5 -- we were at a table really meant for 4. It was okay -- but it would have been nice to have a more comfortable seating experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average food and bad serviceJLB456Dined on 11/16/2014The food is average at best (my wedge salad was better than my steak and potatoes) but the service was awful. Our server was inattentive, rude, and smarmy. Will never go back - SO many better restaurants in the area with better food and way better service.
- GREAT Experience at McCormick & Schmick's in EdinaTheFishingRealtorDined on 11/15/2014My sweetie and I had a wonderful experience at McCormick & Schmick's Seafood in Edina. We dined there on a Saturday evening and were looking for a quiet table for two for a romantic adventure. Neither of us had ever been to this restaurant before and we were VERY pleased with everything about that night!! The table was private and romantic. The service was spectacular and the food was tremendous! We will be back very soon for another round!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- /Quality seafoodGrandMarnierDined on 11/15/2014Along with Oceanaire these are the two best seafood restaurants in the Twin Cities. Dining room is not large so get your reservations thro Open Table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre at bestspeedladyDined on 11/15/2014I took my two adult daughters there for a special lunch. We were seated by a window. When we were almost finished eating the daughter closest to the window put her coat on. She said she had been cold the entire meal and there was a draft coming from a vent near her legs and the window was drafty. Had I known this earlier I would have asked for a different table. My Romano Chicken Chop Salad was tasteless and the chicken was way overcooked and tough. I would have sent it back but we had other things on our schedule for the afternoon so I ate it. I have been here quite a few times and always enjoyed my meals but this time not so much. No way was this lunch worth $60.Special Features:
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014I took my mother here for her 50th anniversary. I something special as my father had passed away 5 months ago. I choose McCormick's because she wanted fish. Boy, did McCormick's deliver! The number of fish choices on the menu utterly surprised me. It felt like a "foodie" playground-Jamacian rum butter sauce, blackberry lemon relish, berry reduction, truffle sauce. Everyone was very pleased with their individual meal. Our waiter was attentive and even spent a few minutes with us after the meal and told us more about the restaurant overall. The food was promptly delivered to our table, and all staff was cordial. Thank you, McCormick and Schmidt's, for making the evening special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit dissapointingAnnTDined on 11/11/2014The crab appetizer we had was very good, as was my husband's meal, but the piece of salmon I had was extremely tiny, bland tasting and very over cooked, even though I ordered it medium-rare.
- KadeDined on 11/9/2014Our server Eric was charming, timely, and professional. So glad M&Cs supports a good staff to go with a quality product. Kudos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThanksoldnavyDined on 11/9/2014Thanks for honoring veteran's, appreciated the meal. My wife and I always love the comfortable ambiance and great service at McCormick & Schmick's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2014I was very happy with the level of service we had as well as the food quality. I love the way they support the Veteran community.Special Features:
- Great manager and serviceSeniorTDined on 11/9/2014The food for the price was below average. A little more taste or flavor to make the dish stand out would be great. Oysters were good so we may be back for the $1 oyster night. The music was extremely loud, luckily the manager moved us from the bar to a dining room but it was still a tad high. My personal taste is that if I have to raise my voice to have a conversation there's something wrong. Overall, a good dining experience but nothing that stands out. Will be back for oyster night though if that special continues.Special Features:
- Veterans day celebrationFoodieDined on 11/9/2014The restaurant offered a complimentary meal to Veterans in honor of Veterans Day. What a nice and thoughtful thing to do for our military. The place was buzzing with Vets enjoying a nice meal with their family and friends. The staffed thanked the Vets for their service which meant a lot to my Vet! Dinner was great....mahi mahi was spectacular! And so was the coconut cream pie! All around good food and nice service.Special Features:
- Veterans Recognition MealFarmerBoyDined on 11/9/2014Had reservation and was seated right on time. Excellent menu selection and food was great. Waitress was most courteous, pleasant and helpful without being over bearing. Wonderful experience and Thanks to McCormick and Schmick's for this wonderful tribute to all Veterans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Veterans Appreciation Event2DinnersDined on 11/9/2014We took advantage of the Veterans Day Appreciation day event that the restaurant offered. Everything was fabulous. Thank you so much for making the effort to recognize us.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2014Went here for our 57th wedding anniversary. We go there each year on this occasion. Great food, good service, very friendly employees even when very busy. Had a great time. Be back next year, we hope!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I hate the musicBillDined on 11/9/2014The food and service were excellent, but I hate restaurants that play background music. It makes conversation very difficult.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2014Had an early reservation on Sunday at 4:00pm. Service was excellent and the food was great. Would recommend, however it is a little pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday HighlightSummerWineDined on 11/9/2014The restaurant itself is rather unassuming. Nothing jumps out to make you think anything is special, so don't come looking for a hip, trendy hot spot. Come instead for the food and the service. The service was impeccable. Attentive without being overbearing with a very good knowledge of the food and a willingness to provide suggestions. The Cashew Crusted Tilapia was tender and flaky and the crust did not overpower the fish, but we didn't really notice the rum butter. The sweetness of the couscous added a nice counterpoint to the savoriness of the tilapia. The Parmesan Crusted Chicken consisted of two nice filets, perfectly breaded with a lemon caper butter which was nice, but not plentiful enough and on only one of the filets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT RESTAURANT!ArtieDined on 11/9/2014An outstanding local restaurant for many reasons: very friendly and helpful staff (reception personnel, waiters and their assistants), terrific food and selection, comfortable and relaxing environment. We are Landry's Select Club members and will definitely return for such a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThanksminreviewDined on 11/9/2014We visited McCormick & Schmicks as part of Veteran's Day celebration. We appreciate the gesture. As usual the food was very good and the service was excellent. M&S seems to find the best servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dine4funDined on 11/9/2014Excellent food, friendly and efficient service. It was wonderful and generous for the Hyatt Hotel to provide such a delicious meal, in a delightful setting -- to all Veterans. It was much appreciated. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday LunchmspjagDined on 11/9/2014We visited to take advantage of McCormick & Schmick's generous offer to provide a free meal from a selected menu of wonderful entrees to military personnel and retirees onthe Sunday before Veterans' Day. We selected the Cedar Planked Salmon with roasted potatoes and vegetables and my wife also had a side salad. Everything was perfect! The entrees were perfectly prepared and the service was excellent. The salad was fresh and crisp. It was a great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, terrific serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/8/2014Excellent selection for every palette, always fresh and tasty. Great service too!! Definitely would recommend for a wonderful meal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014We expected better food. The top sirloin steak was tough and grisly. Our waiter gave excellent service, the best part of meal. Cost seems over inflated. I have enjoyed lunch time much better and more affordable.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerPamelaVIPDined on 11/8/2014Your food continues to amaze us. It is always prepared the way its ordered and the wait staff knows just how to accommodate the customers. Thanks for helping us celebrate a birthday!Special Features:
- substandard foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/7/2014Food was substandard for quality ,price paid and portions very disappointed for the type of restaurant it's supposed to be
- Great For BreakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/2/2014I met friends for breakfast. The quiet atmostphere allowed us to converse easily. The food was excellent and the service attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seating "issue"OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/1/2014We had a reservation for a group of 7. Our table was not seated for 45 minutes which is understandable . Diners were lingering. Other than an apology by the hostess we weren't even offered an appetizer or dessert for the longer wait. I will still go back to the restaurant , but, I think the staff should be a bit more proactive for their customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday lunchPamelaVIPDined on 11/1/2014We often eat at McCormick & Schmick's but our last meeting was the best ever. The food is always delicious but this time we had the best server possible. His name was Chris and he instinctively knew how to handle the table. Chris was observant to our needs but not one to be overbearing! We'll be back and for sure ask to be placed in his assigned area.Special Features:
- Excellent serviceRules17Dined on 10/31/2014We had excellent service provided by Luke. Our food was good, but not the best we've had there before. I was a little disappointed.Special Features:
- M&S - uninspiredLizzieDined on 10/31/2014I was underwhelmed by my recent dinner at McCormick & Schmicks. The appetizers of flat-bread and carpaccio were really tasty! The vegetables were done perfectly and the red pepper mashed potatoes were a hit. These are the reasons for 3 stars for the food otherwise it would have been just 2 stars. Understanding it is primarily a seafood restaurant, I was still expecting a good steak for the price and the title as certified black Angus. Big disappointment. Didn't seem to have been cooked with any seasoning. Was tough and fairly bland in flavor. Plate presentation was sloppy. Service was very nice, but a step behind throughout the meal. Doubtful we will make a trip back.
- BobLDined on 10/29/2014The food was excellent! My customer's from Brazil loved it.Special Features:
- loved itteach1VIPDined on 10/28/2014I ordered a steak , for the first time here. It was excellent. Our waiter was great- very friendly and efficient. I really like dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysBPsdiningDined on 10/28/2014M&S provided another great dining experience. Excellent food served by most excellent and attentive service. We enjoyed ourselves and highly recommend for a special occasion for a nice high quality meal, as well as a great happy hour.Special Features:
- SandwichBeejayDined on 10/27/2014The 3 of us enjoyed our lunch and agreed that we would eat there again. I would not, however, choose the portobello chicken sandwich again. It was too large for eating easily, too much bread and the chicken was rather dry. The soup was delicious. I have had other excellent lunch meals there in the past.Special Features: