169 NE 2nd Avenue
Delray Beach, FL 33444Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://maxsharvest.com/index.php
- Phone: 5613819970
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine
A word from Max's Harvest
Using only freshly-prepared, local ingredients in all of our dishes…Offering wines that come from environment-, and earth-friendly growers…Friendly, polite, and accommodating servers who invite you in and make you feel at ease as if you are a welcome guest in their home…This is Max's Harvest The atmosphere in our restaurant is much like that of a dinner party at home, and we only feed you what we would feed our own families. In fact, we believe the best medicine is at the end of your fork. Together with our local suppliers, we strive for sustainability and believe the best-tasting food is that which has just been picked from the garden, lovingly raised at the hands of local farmers or just plucked from the branch of a tree. Come dine with us. Celebrate the moment. Enjoy the Harvest.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Max's Harvest - Best Restaurants in Delray Beach ›
Max's Harvest reviews from OpenTable diners
140 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (87)great for outdoor dining (77)neighborhood gem (75)great for brunch (50)special occasion (47)hot spot (30)romantic (30)good for groups (20)great for lunch (17)notable wine list (14)vibrant bar scene (8)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (4)Show More
- Love it heremikeVIPDined on 8/27/2014Amazing as always. I eat here often and have yet to be let down. Superb experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SherryVIPDined on 8/23/2014We arrived for our 7:45 reservation at 7:40. We were not seated until 8:15. It seems that everyone wanted to sit indoors since it was very hot out. Once seated, we had a lovely table in the back. Then a party of 14 sat and the noise became so loud that we could not have a conversation. All 4 of us ordered the special dinner. We did not have any choice for dessert.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Packed but worth itStaceyDined on 8/23/2014This is a happening place but the food is well worth the crowd. Had a reservation at 7:30 but only tables available were outside. August in FL is not outdoor weather. We had a drink at the bar and were asked to sit at a table for six with another couple. Wouldn't be my first choice for seating but it worked out well. My advise is to make your reservation at 6:00 if you have a seating preference.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the apps, skip the entreeSardines4dinnerDined on 8/22/2014Bread service was a delicious zucchini bread that was moist and a little cube of heaven. We tried a salad, the barrata, and deviled eggs. All three of these dishes were awesome. The salad had a perfect balance of flavors and textures. The deviled eggs were great and had a punch of raw onion that made them stand out from other deviled eggs. The best appetizer was the burrata with really nice fresh mozzella that was well seasoned with cucumber and watermelon making this perfectly refreshing on a hot summer night. For entrees we had the steak frites, and lobster clam bake. The steak was well cooked and seasoned but a bit boring, and the potatoes were a bit burnt. Clam bake had good, fresh seafood, but was overcooked and chewy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic find!!!LifeIsGoodDined on 8/22/2014We loved this little place right off the Atlantic Ave., Boulevard. The food was delicious the carrot bread was fabulous. It was a very lovely romantic evening. Thank you and we will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As usual excellent!DubsVIPDined on 8/17/2014Entertained client from Lebanon, and they were happy!Special Features:
- Always a Sunday must!MusicmakerbvDined on 8/17/2014I'm a fan of Max's Harvest, especially for their brunch. Fun environment, great fresh food, and a fun interactive mimosa/bloody Mary bar. Its a medium price range, but its worth every dollar. I highly recommend getting a reservation prior to your event, because of the limited space and high popularity especially on Sundays. The only down side in my opinion is having to get up to retrieve your next mimosa, but it is made up by the fact that you can create your own, which is half the fun.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemSmilesDined on 8/17/2014From a Delray Beach local, We are proud to have such a perfect fusion of quality food and care for the community. The service was outstanding too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food super noisyFoodieKazootieDined on 8/16/2014Love this restaurant. Always have dined in the back room where the noise level is reasonable. Found the front room way to much on the loud side for meaningful conversation. Will just ask for the back again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but tight fitMargosingDined on 8/10/2014We had brunch and the food was amazing! Loved the thick cut bacon. The mimosa/Bloody Mary bar was fantastic! All kinds of juices and add-ins to create a unique drink. The bartender was very generous with the champagne. The only complaint is that we were seated at a table near the door. As people came and went, the door would remain open and hot air came streaming in. One of us had to keep getting up and closing the door. This could be easily fixed by making it so the door could not be propped open. Also, servers repeatedly bumped into the backs of our chairs as they were servicing other tables around us. Once, a waitress turned quickly and hit my daughter in the head with a tray. Perhaps the servers could be more careful.Special Features:
- AWESOME!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014Fantastic Brunch!!!! Ordered the Pan Fried Banana Bread "French Toast for "dessert" which is the best I have ever had. Will definately be back! Wife had an omlette and I ordered the huevos rancheros. Both were GREAT! but I would recommend the huevos rancheros - something different and was great. Service was excellent. Restaurant was very quaint but energetic as well. Lot's of people having a good time. All happy faces from both staff and patrons.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Food Good but choices are limited. Service excellent, staff very attentive. Even in the smaller back room but VERY VERY NOISY difficult to have conversations.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the waitRichVIPDined on 7/29/2014I've tried to get a table several times in season and it's always packed. Finally went for dinner and totally understand why. Food was great and our server was terrific. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late harvestAySaVIPDined on 7/27/2014I was really looking forward to having brunch here. First, there must be a more efficient system for the champagne bar that isn't chaos! I thought the food was mediocre, nothing special about my omelette and my home fries were probably the last of the batch. Our server was the worst. Ordered an appetizer & had to remind her twice. My party sat outside and it was one of those steamy FL days; unfortunately, we were not in control of the fan and hand to get up and adjust ourselves to share the breeze with other guests as the other waiter kept adjusting to accommodate his service table. Don't think I'll return to Harvest.
- Quality Yes! Value not so sure....SherriDined on 7/26/2014After being met by a friendly waitress! I looked over the menu, I noticed that there was 1 page of food selections and 2-4 pages of beer and liquor selections. It was a hot summer evening so a salad seemed just the thing. My dinner companion decided on the 3-course special of the day. When my food arrived, I was surprised by the size of the salad. I thought for $15.00 it would be more of a mainplate salad. It was like a side salad. The ingredients were delicious and fresh just not much there. I was happy I ordered a side of pomme frites to fill me up, they were delicious. My companion was pleased and enjoyed his 3 course dinner. He shared his dessert of donuts which was to die for!Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014Great food, unique menu. If you want a cute little restaurant with a social atmosphere but also romantic, this place is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch enthusiastbabsDined on 7/13/2014I love max's harvest, it has become my favorite place for breakfast/brunch! ❤️❤️❤️Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never let down!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014We've dined several times at Max's Harvest and it's always exceptional! Staff is friendly, food is amazing and service is always perfect. Sunday Brunch is fun and creative. Bloody Mary and Mimosa bar is the best! You won't be let down :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2014the food was very good. The noise level was too high. couldn't hear my table companions
- Enjoyable every timeCrowVIPDined on 7/11/2014Food - local, tasty and inventive. Service - attentive, competent and friendlySpecial Features:
- Not greatTerryVIPDined on 7/11/2014Lots of peas corn and potatoes as fillers in most of their dishes. Poor excuse for locally grown vegetables. . My fish smelled fishy and they had no Belgum beer. Out of stock on a Friday at 6pmSpecial Features:
- Max's is a winner.BCDaleyVIPDined on 7/8/2014I had dinner here on a quiet Tuesday evening during the South Florida "off season". There were tables inside and out, the front patio provided a view of the trendy Delray Beach Pineapple Grove district and the rear patio was romantic open air dining under a large tree canopy. Due to the heat, we requested a table in the rear dining room, a little quieter than out front by the bar. The restaurant is intimate, charming and very comfortable. Although Max's had an interesting range of full-plate meals for dinner, they also offered a very nice selection of appetizers and small plate dishes-the barrata cheese appetizer was delicious, and we really enjoyed the roasted brussel sprouts. The staff were all friendly and the service exemplary.Special Features:
- Pigging OutluvfrenchfoodVIPDined on 7/6/2014Went for their special roast pig dinner. First serving of pig was quite good. When asked if I would like seconds I said yes, and that I would like some crisp skin if available. I got no skin, and in fact several pieces of pork were pure fat. The sides were however very good. But the memory of pig fat in my mouth detracted from the overall experience.
- Not up to par.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/6/2014Our reservation was at 10a. This was our second Sunday Brunch at Max's Harvest and our last. We ordered the biscuits and sausage gravy with eggs which were saturated in gravy. The gravy was room temperature and congealed with no pieces of sausage. The biscuit had no taste. The potatoes that came with all the meals were also served room temperature and were obviously made ahead and were under cooked. The pork belly benedict was also slathered in sauce that was congealed. The other party had waffles and bacon and the bacon was room temperature. The restaurant is also very loud and not conducive for a Sunday brunch. I was at the restaurant the week before for brunch with friends and our meal was better but not great.
- Not as good as hopedSherDined on 7/5/2014Service was great.. Made reservation but wsited 25 minutes. Food was just ok orher than the goat cheese croqettes which were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- D54321Dined on 7/5/2014My husband and I did enjoy the food, but there was little to no ambience. We would have preferred to sit inside where it was possibly more romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovditDined on 7/4/2014I love this restaurant. The food is GREAT and novel and the service is EXCELLENT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodDanielDined on 7/3/2014Went here for first time. my family and i wanted to order everything off the menu since it sounded great. Ordered the ricotta gnocchi - it was so tasty that i licked the plate clean. The fish dip, roasted pear and blueberry salad and deviled eggs were all delicious. For dinner we ordered pork schnitzel, pork belly and vegetables for the vegan eaters. This place was out of this world, the service from Kevin was great. Drinks were always being refilled and he brought us truffle fries when we put the order in after our original order was placed. We will be back to eat here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticAmaturefoodieDined on 6/28/2014We had a little bit of everything and food was fantastic! It was also beautifully lit in the back outside seatingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If only the serviceLocafoodieDined on 6/28/2014We've eaten here three times. The food is always excellent. The service so-so. Be it inability or lack of desire to answer questions about the menu or desertions for long periods of time, the servers need improvement. The food, on the other hand, is always excellent.Special Features:
- YummmWineOnVIPDined on 6/27/2014Delicious menu! So many amazing choices it was hard to decide. I very much enjoyed the unique twists applied to every-day foods. Can't wait to go back to taste-test more! Delicious cocktails, too. Yummm!!Special Features:
- Doesn't disappointFoodiesDined on 6/21/2014An all-around great dining experience. The food was very good, as was the service. The only thing that I would point out is that our meal was just a little rushed. That's a difficult thing for wait staff to assess, at times, especially when a dining party is enjoying an evening cocktail or wine before dinner. Entrees immediately followed first courses. Excellent dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farm to Fork EnjoymentKnickyNYVIPDined on 6/21/2014Dining at Max's Harvest was lovely. We sat outside in the rear garden and we were treated to a really tasty meal. Our appetizers of grilled calamari was great as well as the Non served with their homemade fish dip. Our waiter told us the Swordfish was caught the day before, and we would not be disappointed. He was right, it was delicious, served with chick pea fries which I have never had before and they were light and very good. We would definitely go back.Special Features:
- maxieDined on 6/20/2014Excellent all arouNd.,the way all places should runSpecial Features:
- Hire new hostessesHooverFloridaVIPDined on 6/15/2014This was my fifth time at Max's for brunch. Each time, the food has been great, and the service (esp. Tony) has been superb. That being said, the hostesses have nearly ruined my experience the last few times. I have requested inside seating, only to be told upon arrival (at a half empty restaurant) that nothing is available inside. When I point out the empty tables, I get a hard time/argument in response and told that I can wait 45 minutes if I want. On this last visit, I even made my reservation 2 weeks ahead of time with the special request for inside, only to be rebuffed/ignored/refused upon arrival. Be forewarned that your request for inside seating is meaningless, and wear lightweight clothing.Special Features:
- Overpriced, OverratedmollyVIPDined on 6/14/2014Hubby and i ate here, thought it was way overrated. Salad good, hamburger was RAW...had ordered medium, just a little pink. Sent it back. Second was not right either. But ate it anyway . Definitely not worth the $ 22 Fries were below average. Sat out in back. Table next to us...obnoxiously loud. Not a pleasant experience. Better places in DelRay. will not return!
- Great food and great servicesGaryBDined on 6/14/2014Very good experience for a romantic setting or group. Great unique entrees and apps. Love the $15 endless bubbles!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!StellaschoiceDined on 6/13/2014Everything we ordered was amazing! Prices were as expected and the service was outstanding! We went on a rainy night, so we were able to get right in. Often there's a wait, so book ahead, it's worth it!Special Features:
- OMG!! FantasticBostonFoodieDined on 6/12/2014First time at Max Harvest for a client dinner and this place blew me away. Great location in Delray Beach. Apps are to die for. Deviled Eggs. Yes the DEs were awesome as well as the meatballs. Everyone in my party had fish as remarks how great it was. I had the Burger and was the best I've had in a long time. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- must have been a bad harvestDelrayFoodiesDined on 6/7/2014We have eaten here at least 4 times -it has been average to good to great. Wow, this was bad. This place is all over the map but consistently crowded & very noisy. The skirt steak was so salty that it was inedible; paella was salty/sweet-had way too much cheese mixed in with very chewy shrimp- (yuck!) and nonexistent or microscopic calamari; the bouillabaisse was so spicy it was almost inedible. We were told by the waitress that it was a little spicy. The guy who had the burger & fries cleaned his plate.We decide to complain about the 1 of the 3 dinners- that was taken off the check. nice. Although obvious 3 were bad since u can see that everyone's food was left. We weren't looking for a free( bad) meal - we were expecting a great one.