1753 Post Oak Blvd
Houston, TX 77056Neighborhood:
Galleria / Uptown
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.masraffs.com/
- Phone: (713) 355-1975
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jonathan Salgado & Jorge Pineda
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Fifteen years have passed since Russell&Tony Masraff first captured Houston’s attention by opening Masraff’s™ on Post Oak Lane and they've done it again with their new location on Post Oak Blvd. Voted one of the best upscale restaurants in town, they are now bringing the fine dining experience to your home or business. From a business luncheon a private dinner, chef for an evening or a catered gala, you can count on the same quality of food & service that has made their restaurant such a success. Working in close partnership with their clients, they ensure everything is prepared to perfection
- Private Party Facilities: The Wine Cellar seats 42 guests (30 with Audio Visual)
Cellar North & Cellar South both seat 21 guests (12 with Audio Visual)
The Main Dining Rooms seats 80 guests
The Atrium seats 40 guests
The Gallery seats 70 guests (60 with Audio Visual)
The Gallery North seats 49 guests (34 with Audio Visual)
The Gallery South seats 28 guests (18 with Audio Visual)
The Entire Restaurant seats 200 guests ( or 350 reception style)
- Private Party Contact: Holly MacArevey 713-355-1975x
A word from Masraff's
Masraff's on Post Oak Blvd is a casually elegant upscale restaurant owned and operated by Houston restaurateurs, Tony and Russell Masraff. The restaurant has quickly become a local favorite with it's unique American cuisine and contemporary ambiance. Best described as American cuisine with a touch of Southern Europe, the seafood, fowl, homemade pastas, lamb, beef and seasonal game will satisfy the most discriminating diner. Soon after opening, Masraff's received stellar early reviews, including the prestigious three-star rating from the Houston Chronicle Dining Guide, as well as being named among the ten new restaurants on the culinary cutting edge in the US by The Wall Street Journal. For a delightful culinary experience, dine at the Chef's Table, where the Chef prepares a gourmet six -course dinner of his choosing. The Restaurant, which has recently moved to 1753 Post Oak Blvd from its former location at 1025 S.Post Oak Lane, seats over 200 for lunch and dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Masraff's - Best Restaurants in Galleria / Uptown ›
Masraff's reviews from OpenTable diners
308 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (211)fit for foodies (186)notable wine list (135)romantic (134)good for groups (95)hot spot (62)vibrant bar scene (61)neighborhood gem (59)great for lunch (54)great for outdoor dining (18)great for brunch (16)late-night find (12)scenic view (10)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Great place to eatbramble8Dined on 11/15/2014This has to be one of my most favorite places to eat !! I have never had a bad experience here and often introduce it to friends. I highly recommend it for the the food and service " exceptional"Special Features:
- Excellent food and ambiance for a business lunch.rutha0529Dined on 11/14/2014This was my first time at Masraff's. It provided an excellent environment for a meaningful business lunch and offered great food and service. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!CeceVIPDined on 11/10/2014Amazing food, amazing wine list, very nice servers. A bit slow in bringing out our menus, which was probably due to us being indesicive about which champagne to get to celebrate my birthday but other than that it was a great experience. Must try's are the calamari, jumbo crab cake, herb roasted lamb and the mini donuts. Definitely coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Service EVER & Quality Food!!!STR8TROOTHDined on 11/8/2014My wife & I were blown away at this restaurant experience. I, personally, have travelled the world during my military term, but I honestly had given up on what I see on TV that restaurants should be like. Upon pulling up Masraff's, we were greeted by complimentary valet parking & escorted through the door to the front desk where we were then seated immediately. I had no problems w/my reservation. I was absolutely blown away w/the waiter that was extremely knowledgeable of the menu & wordage. He explained everything for my wife, who was not accustomed to this type of dining experience. We were given complimentary tastings of the scratch-made cream of mushroom soup...OUTSTANDING! The food was filling & a reason to return. AWESOME EXPERIENCE!Special Features:
- bempDined on 11/8/2014As always the food was great and the service was outstanding. A good place to dine for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over the topPdinerDined on 11/8/2014Best service I have experience. Careful to provide privacy but at the same time the staff made sure they were readily available when you needed them. Great food and atmosphere.Special Features:
- very goodPickydinerDined on 11/7/2014Our waiter was condescending in describing some of the items. He assumed we did not know the proper doneness for duck breast or tuna (it was the way he said it not that it isn't worth warning people of the doneness). My duck leg was a bit tough and I did not like the taste of the peas in the dish (trio of foie gras, duck breast, and duck leg) and the dish lacked a little salt. My husband's scallops looked beautiful and the tuna as well. Our appetizers were nice: ravioli and spinach salad (but the salad was very small).Special Features:
- Outstanding mealMarlVIPDined on 11/7/2014Food and service was outstanding as usual. Gumbo was excellent. Brought friends who had never eaten here before and they loved it. All of us had different entrees - all were well prepared and presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love this restaurantShirleyDined on 11/3/2014Dining at this restaurant means great food and great service. There are very few restaurants in Houston where one can dine and not have to shout to hear other table guests. While this restaurant was not totally filled to capacity on the week night we were there, it was definitely busy. Even so, our guests and we could carry on a meaningful conversation without feeling like we were at a too-fussy senior crowd place. It is elegant and the food is excellent. We also loved the former location and this one is definitely steps above that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!GallopingGourmandVIPDined on 11/1/2014We've dined at Masraff's since the old days on Post Oak Lane, and the food and service have always been outstanding. We recently enjoyed apps of the garlic-seared calamari and the wild mushroom ravioli, both of which are simply incredible. Our mains were the lamb chops and the halibut. (Not being a fan of Brussels sprouts, I asked for a substitution of the John Dory sides, done with no problem, and absolutely delicious.) The fried banana split was also very good. There were a couple of outstanding wines by the glass available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExpensivecassidyDined on 10/31/2014Restaurant locale is good. Service is a little too intrusive for my taste....I dont want my conversation constantly interrupted to speak to a waiter. Waiter unfortunately got the dessert order wrong, staff suitably apologetic, but it wasnt an insignificant issue and could not be rectified. Recommended lamb dish was not particularly good....dont think rare to medium rare is a good choice for lamb. Relatively expensive and in my opinion not worth the extra premium compared to other good restaurants in Houston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousYummyDined on 10/31/2014Wonderful selection of food and flavors. The menu is broad and eclectic. The rabbit was perfect as was the bison.Special Features:
- WapIIVIPDined on 10/29/2014Excellent service and dining recommendations by Barry. Best fish in the City.Special Features:
- Great restaurantLolettaDined on 10/29/2014Enjoyed everything food, atmosphere and service. Will defiantly return when in Houston. We try to find locally owned establishments verses chains when we travelSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingTopnotchDined on 10/24/2014Truly exceptional service and food. 3rd visit and never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/22/2014Favorite place in Houston, great cocktails and a fantastic menu. Especially the appetizers. Calamari and crabcakes are out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Atmosphere, Food Under ParOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014I planned this outing to get a fancy food fix for me and my boyfriend who are both foodies. The boyfriend is not a super fan of seafood, but when it's prepared well, he likes it just as much as his other food. He ordered the seabass and I ordered the duet of tuna and scallops. The scallops weren't seared, they tasted more like boiled which is such a shame to do to scallops. The tuna was rare and delicious. The seabass left much to be desired in terms of flavor. The flavor on the tuna/scallops dish was good but the scallops were the main draw for me and they were underwhelming. For such a special occasion, the food was disappointing. The ambiance and wine were beautiful though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentEllenrobVIPDined on 10/17/2014Gumbo is only served on Fridays and it is worth the trip!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful refuge from businessdavaldezDined on 10/17/2014My wife and I were attending a medical conference near Galleria. We saw the great reviews and made the short drive to Masraff's. The experience was even better than the reviews. Service was personal and effusive. Food was amazing and well worth the price. Wine list was exceptional. We almost forgot we were in town on business.Special Features:
- Got it all wrongBoreddinerVIPDined on 10/17/2014Whoever designed this restaurant clearly has a penchant for inexpensive business hotel lobby restaurants and Chinese noodle shops from the 90's. The food was very run of the mill and should not be confused with fine dining. The service was lackluster to say the least . We were brought a selection of vegetables that bore no resemblance to those we had been promised. One of the desserts was just simply not what we ordered at all. ( although it tasted good). The staff were friendly but a little "absent". Total miss , not worth expending a hall pass on.
- Tried something newOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/17/2014My wife and I wanted to try someplace new for our anniversary and made a random pick based on reviews and menu items, choosing Masraff's. We were impressed with the atmosphere, service, and food and that the staff actually read the note on the online RSVP and wrote Happy Anniversary in chocolate on the plates or our desserts. Our waiter, David, was very attentive and personable and the meal was unrushed and delicious.Special Features:
- Patio perfectJulesVIPDined on 10/17/2014I dined at Masraff's for birthday lunch on the patio and the service and food was perfect! I was surprised being on Post Oak and yet noise was not a factor and the water wall was nice feature.Special Features:
- Lovely ExperienceHeightsResidentDined on 10/16/2014As always Masraf's does not fail to deliver on a wonderful experience. I look forward to going back again. Service and food are outstanding!Special Features:
- Service mixedk226VIPDined on 10/16/2014The owner came by and thanked us for our patronage in a very genuine way, which I thought was a really nice touch. The waiter though was hot and cold, first wanting to take our orders right after we sat down, then disappearing for a while when we were ready. Then it took a while to find him when we were ready to pay and go, which is not ideal for lunch. The food is very good and creatively prepared. As my guest noted, they did not skimp on the crab meat on the salad. It is perfectly complemented with the mango and white balsamic dressing. His special was an interesting layering of their signature risotto, then a perfectly cooked fish, with frisee on top.Special Features:
- Fantastic as always!gunnar1Dined on 10/14/2014We love coming to this restaurant. Last night we met an out of town friend and were able to dine and visit at our own pace. The food was fantastic, we especially enjoy the way the calamari is prepared. The food and atmosphere entice us to come back again!Special Features:
- Delicious !skanerVIPDined on 10/11/2014Went to the restaurant from a list of recommended ones from our hotel during a recent visit to Houston. The atmosphere was very nice, we actually sat in the lounge area which had a much better view and was surprisingly quieter. The food was exceptional from my lamb chops, my husbands steak with a mushroom reduction and my daughter's chicken dish. All were presented beautifully and tasted better. Will return when in Houston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealAspelinDined on 10/11/2014The reviewers are right... the calamari appetizer is a must. Also had the lamb which was perfect. Special was rabbit and it was also very tasty. Service was very personable and attentive without being overdone. Wines are a bit on the expensive side but overall it was a lovely evening.Special Features:
- Excellent Experiencelovegr8foodDined on 10/8/2014Masraff's was recommended. The entire experience was fantastic. The wait staff was efficient and had a great sense of humor. His recommendations were spot on. The owner stopped by our table and thanked us for dining with him- that added a very personal touch that you don't see very much anymore. The food was absolutely amazing and the portions were perfect. 2 of us had the salmon and it was (as the waiter said) one of the best salmon dishes we had ever tasted. Prices were reasonable and added to the overall satisfaction of the experience. Well done Masraff's. We will be back.Special Features:
- Always good...MugsyDined on 10/8/2014Risotto Risotto Risotto... the BEST in Houston! Everything is always fresh and the environment is always vibrant... excellent bar... just a great place to eat...Special Features:
- Great food, way too loudSalesLadyDined on 10/8/2014I took some clients to this restaurant for an important business discussion. Unfortunately we ended up intermittently yelling across the table, while also not trying to speak too loudly for everyone to hear. Everyone's food came out perfect and the staff was on point, but I would not recommend taking someone here that plans on being able to easily understand what other people at the table are saying without raising their voice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well Run RestaurantDealmakerVIPDined on 10/7/2014This was the 1st visit and was impressed with the impeccable service and great food.Special Features:
- Yummy Food, Poor ServiceJennieBDined on 10/6/2014It has been sometime since I have been to Masraff's. I recently met a friend for lunch. We typically have a fun cocktail when we lunch. We arrived before noon and were advised Masraff's didn't have a bartender who could make the drinks on the drink menu. Shortly before noon, we were served the drink we ordered, but it was clear the bartender who made it was not qualified to do so. Even our food service was spotty, not what I expect or have experienced from previous Maraff's visits. Our food was delicious, the chicken lime soup and salads (crab avacado and tempura yellow tomato) we ordered made our visit successful. I will return, but hope for better service, both food and bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent diningsusieQDined on 10/3/2014The service is always great at Masraff's. Of course, the food is excellent. The location is booming with construction and I LOVE the valet parking.Special Features:
- Perfection!KatellaVIPDined on 10/2/2014Tony Masraff's restaurant is by far one of the best in Houston. The space is sophisticated, the waitstaff is totally professional, the food is incredible. There is nothing NOT to like about it. Mr. Masraff is always visable and stops by briefly to say hello and to thank patrons for dining there. If you want a fine dining experience, this is one you don't want to miss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK but no gem!ComidabuenaDined on 10/1/2014The food was fine, but nothing really special. Good service albeit a little robotic. Did not live up to the rating.
- DedoDined on 9/26/2014Excellent Menu. Food is well prepared and the service is friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/24/2014enjoyed excellent food, good service and a wonderful eveningSpecial Features:
- Great Venue for Clients and FriendsChrisKDined on 9/24/2014The owner stopped by just to say hello. Waitress was engaging and right on target for time as we wanted time to talk. Never felt bothered. A little noisy but once you sat down and got talking it seemed to fade off into the background. Food selections are wide and all of them good. This was my second time and it was a hit with my guest.Special Features:
- Special nightBigdude1Dined on 9/23/2014I had the grouper special and it was fantastic. Masraff has an expansive wine list And the sommelier was happy to help with pairingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014Had a great meal food was tasty service was excellent portions were good. We ate at the number one place in Houston...peli peli and our group thought this place had better portion and better service.Tastes of food was comparable. Would definitely eat here again.Special Features: