MASH'D/ Food, Moonshine, Life
3401 Preston Rd.
Frisco, TX 75034Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
MASH'D/ Food, Moonshine, Life
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mashd.com/
- Phone: 2146189440
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00 pm - 11:00 pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00 pm - 12:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Creole / Cajun / Southern, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from MASH'D/ Food, Moonshine, Life
Mash’d is an original American concept featuring a scratch kitchen with playful Cajun and regional influences, set in a high energy interactive atmosphere perfect for sports & life, serving hand constructed moonshine infused cocktails, and an extensive beer and wine program.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
MASH'D/ Food, Moonshine, Life - Best Restaurants in Frisco ›
MASH'D/ Food, Moonshine, Life reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
vibrant bar scene (20)good for groups (19)fit for foodies (17)great for outdoor dining (16)great for lunch (15)hot spot (14)neighborhood gem (13)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (6)late-night find (6)special occasion (4)notable wine list (2)scenic view (1)romantic (1)Show More
- KathVIPDined on 9/29/2014This place is not just about the alcohol. The food is seriously delicious! We loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do you like your food extra salty?!RecruitingDallasVIPDined on 9/26/2014This was my 3rd time coming here and the first 2 times were good enough for my wife and I to try it again. However, the first 2 times we experienced this same issue and thought it might have gotten better. The food is WAY too salty. I believe they make their own dressings, sauces, etc...which is great. However, they really need to dumb it down a bit on the salt. I mean, I was gulping water the rest of the day just to stay hydrated. Some of the items are okay, like the fried stuff. The salads that I have gotten have all been too salty, etc. I have never come for happy hour or drinks, but I think the next time I do come it will only be for the alcohol...not the food unfortunately.
- Great fun!mspfoodieDined on 9/23/2014First time to this restaurant. .went with a group from work..the moonshine bbq ribs were the best!! Ask for the moonshine sampler..you get to choose 4 different flavors which is a great way to try several different kinds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very interesting food,AWFUL serviceTilly2104Dined on 9/20/2014We had the queso, which was interesting enough to be memorable, the bruschetta (forgettable), bulgova tacos (awesome) shrimp tacos (boring) mixed seafood shake (fantastic) and salmon salad (fantastic). We love eclectic food and this place delivered on that score. Also, the drinks were unique and very tasty. However, the service was horrible. We had to remin our waiter the reason one of us wasn't eating was because our entree didn't show. A beer took 30 minutes and three reminders to arrive, even though the other three drinks arrived promptly. May be back, but only maybe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!NygirlintxDined on 8/31/2014Unique menu for both food and drinks!! Plenty of healthy choices too. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- better for after workCAfoodieDined on 8/27/2014Went here for lunch, had a burger and left full. Not a complaint - the burger was big and good - but not what you want when you have to go back to work. My fault, not theirs. Have been there for happy hour and dinner before and loved it. Definitely try the moonshine.
- Great PlaceMarisa1foodieDined on 8/19/2014I've been meaning to come to this place for some time, I decided to bring some family from out of town. The food was delicious, and our waiter (Craig or Greg) was amazing. He recommended moonshine drinks that would appeal to my taste, and was very knowledgeable about the menu. I would definitely go back again, and plan on it soon!Special Features:
- Fabulous!TxCowgirlVIPDined on 8/15/2014Fabulous food, wonderful ambience. Will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place and conceptcjerniganDined on 8/3/2014Server was awesome. Food was great. Loved the atmosphere and the creative drink infusions. Great place to eat and hang out. Very nice patio and bar open to the outside!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TOO LOUD!RogerBVIPDined on 7/17/2014The waittress actually apologized for her voice when she realized we couldn't hear her to take our orders; I shouted that it wasn't her voice . . . Don't go here if you want to have a conversation with your dining companions.
- Great lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/14/2014Met up with a colleague for lunch here. Staff is always nice here. Food is delicious as usual, always a good variety to choose from and nice drinks to add to your meal as well. Avocado bomb is our favorite salad and my friend ordered the fried chicken, which she said was very good. Always a treat to come here! Will be back.Special Features:
- Fun for CustomersSteph7WebbDined on 6/30/2014The staff members were very welcoming and appreciative. The food was great and the restaurant's concept is new and fun. I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 24 reviews are from the MASH'D/ Food, Moonshine, Life reviews archive.
- Great for afternoon drink & snackrcmasonVIPDined on 6/22/2014Checked this place out because, frankly, we wanted to see what a 'moonshine' bar is like. The drinks were amazing... the bartender is working up some fantastic concoctions with this new liquor. The appetizers were also great, but the main courses left us wanting. We'll be back because the location and drinks were perfect on a hot Texas evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Poor ServiceSquintDined on 6/18/2014The hostess was friendly, but the server seemed to think only one table in the restaurant needed attention and we were not it. The appetizer we were able to order was excellent. The drinks were good as well. After waiting too long, plus a few more minutes, we had to get up from our table and ask the manager for our check so we could go to a restaurant that would take our order. The manager apologized and comped our appetizer.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014our first time at this restaurant, overall our experience was a good one. only criticism would be that we waited a little too long for our drinks. we are definitely planning on returning however.Special Features:
- ShineRedmanDined on 6/6/2014The moonshine cocktails were the draw to Mash'd but the food was excellent.Special Features:
- Questionable service, decent foodNicoleDined on 6/6/2014We were seated immediately however were not acknowledged by any server for close to 5 minutes. Then it took a while to get our drinks. We ordered the guacamole and it was good but the chips tasted stale. We had the rib sandwich and cheeseburger - both were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TXDiningDined on 5/31/2014Good food and drinks. Wait staff friendly and explained entrees in depth, along with the drinks.Special Features:
- Yummy Mother's DayzsmomDined on 5/11/2014We had Mother's Day brunch at they restaurant. Our table was ready for us when we arrived, so there was no waiting time! However, the service left something to be desired. We had 9 in our party, & we often felt like we were begging for refills. We waited an hour for our food to get to the table. Once we got our food, it was delicious!! Everybody loved what they ordered! I'm sure the bad service was because it was Mother's Day. Nobody complained about the wait for our food, but our waitress still gave us $10 vouchers to make up for it! We'll give it a shot on a less hectic day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome bar with great foodTexMoDined on 5/7/2014Awesome food. Great selection of off the wall treats with a twist. Alcohol selection was outstanding! Service was a bit lacking but we may have gone in between shifts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SelectionStumpedVIPDined on 5/1/2014Was looking for more of a selection especially coming from Dallas to a suburbia resturant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a culinary surprise!TomSVIPDined on 4/26/2014Fun twists on basic American good! Very nice job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place, good food!ChrisHHVIPDined on 4/26/2014Overall our experience was very good; we went for an adult double-date. The food was good, but portions were smaller than we all expected for the price (for example: only 6 babyback ribs for $19). The house slaw was interesting and the mashed potatoes very good! The moonshine drinks were also very good, but again, on the expensive side for the smaller size and minimal alcohol content. Good place, glad we tried it...not sure if we'll be back though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good. But no greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/11/2014We tried Mash'd for the first time last week. Service got off to a slow start but gradually picked up. The food was good, but not great. Didn't have anything that I am ready to go back and have again. The place is big and has a great patio. I'd recommend sitting in the bar area. The main dining area has picnic tables and it is a little bit of a tight fit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun findgirlsnightoutDined on 4/6/2014We had a moms night out at Mash'd and the drinks are super fun and the food was really tasty. It was so helpful to be able to make a reservation and not have to wait and hour to be seated with a large party. We will all go back there soon! The service was very slow even thought the restaurant was not very crowded but I will give it a second chance for sure!Special Features:
- Moonshine MustapheterDined on 4/5/2014We tried Mash'd on a Saturday evening. The other couple in our group got there before us, and were seated when we got there. (Woohoo for seating incomplete parties) Our waiter was a bit frazzled due to a large party he was also working with. He took a while to get our drink orders but was informative on the options. We all ordered the Pineapple Bomb which was tasty. We also started with the queso. Another delicious dish. I ordered the Fried Chicken, two at the table ordered the Babyback sandwich, and the last person got the burger. I loved my plate and the Babyback sandwich was a hit as well. The burger eater was not impressed but not sure why. Overall, a great dining experience-good food and good drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food with a Very Diverse MenuDFWDaveVIPDined on 3/30/2014This is a great restaurant with a wide variety of food options. Kind of a comfort food menu, and everything we have tried has been excellent in the five times we have eaten there. Definitely recommend the Pot of Goat appetizer, any salad, and pretty much everything else. Service was not quite as good this time since our waiter seemed to be new and didn't really know the menu at all, or even that they had a gluten free menu available, but otherwise it was a good dinner experience. If you are looking for quiet dining, this probably isn't the place for you. Much more of a bar atmosphere, even though the restaurant side is separated from the bar side. It's a great vibe overall, just don't expect quiet dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food but kind of priceyScarlet1401Dined on 3/27/2014Drinks and food were great but $15 for my salad seemed a little unreasonable. I will probably stick to HH drinks and appetizers in the future. Our server was incredibly slow and inattentive but friendly and knowledgeable about the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good NEW restaurant in FriscoStanVIPDined on 3/16/2014Had a great dinner at Mash'd. Drinks are delicious!!!! Favorite was the Pineapple Bomb! Also, enjoyed Grilled Chicken sandwich with great, crispy fries, BBQ Sockeye Salmon and Chocolate Pot-de-Crème.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food...ChristiDined on 3/15/2014The food was excellent. We had the hummus by suggestion from our waiter and it was DELICIOUS! We also had amazingly tender ribs which fell off of the bone and and a wonderful chopped salad. The only complaint was it was super loud and the service was a little slow. However, that being said, it is worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pot of goat (gold)CajunFriscoDined on 2/18/2014Love the theme, food and drinks (Moonshine)! i had more than few drinks of moonshine it was great, they have a sampler of Moonshine ask for that :) Their Poboys were really great had the chicken and baby back!Special Features:
- Great food & atmosphere, bad drinkBrianDined on 1/15/2014The queso, iron cow, and chicken were great. Big portions, too. I was hugely disappointed in the moonshine sangria. This place looks like it's trying to gain fame from their drinks but mine was awful. Short, watered down from all the ice, and not a good flavor, at all. Our server was pretty bad. Disappeared for a very long time when it was time to order. Also, we asked a question about a drink and he came back with the drink -- I was just asking a question...I didn't order it. In all fairness, he seemed uncomfortable (and was very nice) -- maybe he wasn't an experienced waiter(?). I would definitely return -- just maybe order a beer next time.Special Features:
- Moonshine MadnessKinaDined on 1/11/2014Their moonshine infused drinks are amazing, try the pineapple bomb. I had two drinks and a turkey po boy and spent 30 bucks. A little pricey, but everything was so good that it was worth it! You can see a TV from any spot in the place. Amazing food. The skinny fries come in a frying basket, very cute presentation overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/29/2013Great food! The entire staff was great. Enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/23/2013It was dark inside, so dark my group and I had a hard time reading the menu. Our service was terrible. The food was great. Large portion and quite flavorful but when dining out, I am there for service as much as food. Our server was slow, seemed put out when we asked questions and was just not enthusiastic at all.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 12/5/2013Went in when it was Ice'd over. They treated us great and the service was outstanding. We had the Ribs and the were Great. Love this Place. Will become " My Place "Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.