236 Lincoln Center
Stockton, CA 95207Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 2099328001
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:00am-5:00pm
Dinner: Su-Th 5:00pm-9:30pm
Dinner: F-Sa 5:0pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Contemporary American, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Nicolas DiArenzo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have two Designated areas for Private Dining. Library Room is for up to 12 people. Fireplace Room is for up to 40 people. Please contact us directly to arrange for private dining.
- Private Party Contact: Jeff Berretta 2099328001
A word from Market Tavern
Market Tavern features farm-fresh ingredients across all menu items from our wood-fired pizzas, all natural pork chops and steak, and signature meatballs. Our Bar features craft beers on tap and a modern take on classic cocktails using fresh squeezed juices and in-house infused liquors. The Grab & Go Market offers fresh baked bread, salads and sandwiches, free-range premium meats and select produce, as well as beer and wine for sale.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Market Tavern - Best Restaurants in Stockton ›
Market Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (34)fit for foodies (31)good for groups (25)great for lunch (24)vibrant bar scene (24)special occasion (23)romantic (15)hot spot (15)great for brunch (13)kid-friendly (11)notable wine list (10)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (3)Show More
- Service Very Good - Food FAIRDHillVIPDined on 10/17/2014Outstanding service from our waitress while sitting in the bar for dinner. Great vibe in restaurant & bar Food was below average ~Lettuce Wedge - no blue cheese or bacon ~Mushroom Pizza - SOGGY, SOGGY, SOGGY crust. Drinks - OK
- Excellent place!G8tDine2014Dined on 10/13/2014Celebrated our daughter's 21st Bday & we all had a wonderful time. Thank you for making our evening a special one!Special Features:
- High end but casualtericatDined on 10/7/2014At a time when restaurants in Stockton are closing, Market Tavern is a great addition with outstanding and innovative food that makes it a trendy place. They need to work on their service a bit---we had taken only a few bites of our salads when the entrees (which we promptly sent back) came out. Otherwise, service was fine. With the bar area unenclosed, it could get extremely loud at times, but the food is worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice DinnerRichardVIPDined on 10/3/2014Market Tavern was extremely busy the night we went. The food was good, not a lot to choose from when it comes to starters. The waitress was a little slow and not overly attentive however she did a nice job. Over all it was a good dinner nothing to really jump for joy but the food was good and the waitress did her best with a busy night. We would come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A surprise in StocktonTwinMomDined on 10/2/2014My husband and I were in Stockton for a concert and hit Market Tavern for dinner before the show. We were very impressed by the hip vibe - once you walk in the door, you'd never know you're in Stockton. The bar and restaurant are both a bit noisy - we were initially seated in the bar area but asked to be moved to the dining room and the staff was very accomodating. The drink menu is extensive - it is a liquor lover's delight. The food was above average. My salad was overdressed, but other than that no complaints. Dessert was fantastic. If you're in Stockton, you'll be very pleasantly surprised!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- alexDined on 9/25/2014reservation made for dining area, we were seated in bar area, told dining area not open til 5pm, we were there @ 430. never advised of this til arrived and not given the option to wait til dining area opened, (which would have done)-'oh well' attitude from greeter and manager- is how it came across. been there on previous occasions at same time and were seated in dining area, we were there for good food and conversation-bar area to noisy for decent conversation. will not return due to attitude of management staff, even at a later time.
- good restaurantBobbyDined on 9/13/2014We like the salads and the small/large choice of entrees. Food is always fresh and tasty. Azoo, the bar manager, is very friendly and helpful. Good wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FOOD MOODMinionchikDined on 9/11/2014It was refreshing to find this restaurant in Stockton. Most of the time we have to travel to SF to find decent food that we don't regret paying for. This food is a little pricy for most but if you love food the way we do, its well worth the money. If the service was a little better they would be a top notch dinning place. The only complaint we had was that the server forgot to refill the water a couple of times and that the water glasses were a bit small for someone who is primarily drinking water as their main drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rare combination of food and fun!stishDined on 8/30/2014This place is awesome- every dish was not only delicious and perfectly cooked, but fun to eat! And the prices are right on target.Special Features:
- Food is Good!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2014Tasty squash pancake appetizer, and no one disappointed in what they ordered for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!SiciliansWifeDined on 8/23/2014Took a party of 9 here for a special occasion and had the Library room. Everyone loved the food, the ambiance, and the service. I will definitely come here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another enjoyable dinner!shoppingshyDined on 8/18/2014My girlfriends and I are finding Market Tavern is our "place of choice" for special ocassions. The mushroom spinach pizza is wonderful! The bar area is a bit too noisy, but a booth in the back affords us an opportunity to hear our conversations. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Lousy ServiceCDB13Dined on 8/16/2014This was our second visit to Market Tavern; both times we were told that our table would be ready in a few minutes, and the hostess would find us in the bar. Both times we were forgotten by the hostess, who needed to be remembered why I was there. No one ever looked for us in the bar, and our reserved table may have been given away. As for the bar, there were no menus available; they have a nice beer and wine list, but it would be nice to be able to read through my choices before ordering. Once we arrived at our dinner table, the waitress ignored us once she realized we already had drinks from the bar. She served every table around us, but neglected to come back and ask for our orders for quite some time. Great food, but poor service.Special Features:
- One if our favorites!shoppingshyDined on 8/12/2014We really like this place for casual dining. The food is delicious. The staff us accommodating. It can get a bit pricey because there are so many options on the menu and you may be tempted to try many!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!!DevineDined on 8/9/2014One of the best restaurants I hVe ever eaten at! This restaurant always exceeds again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Too Noisyluv2dineDined on 8/9/2014My wife and I dine out on Saturdays. The Market Tavern is new to the area so we decided to give it a try. We began our meal with a Cesar salad. The salad was crisp, fresh, and the dressing was good. They had no problem accommodating our request to include a few anchovies in the salad. My entrée, braised short ribs, was tender and cooked just right. My wife's wood oven baked pizza was excellent. The service was OK. I asked that my beverage of tonic water and OJ be served in a tall class-it was in a bucket instead. Also, there was a small water spill on the table. The waitress forgot to take care of it so I used my napkin to absorb the spill. Due to the noise level, this is not a place for romance, but more suited for groups and families.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food!JoedinerDined on 8/8/2014From the moment we sat down until final tab was paid it was an overall outstanding experience and our first time at Market Tavern. Our server was very attentive and helpful in helping us choose cocktails and entrées and we were not disappointed. The classic old-fashioned was served perfectly as well as the jalapeno infused margarita. The iceberg wedge salad was the best I've ever had and my wife and I both ordered the skirt steak, which our server recommended, and we were sure glad that we both ordered it because it was to die for. The skirt steak was incredibly tender and extremely delicious. We are both now big fans of this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous 32 ounce cut of the day!brunchVIPDined on 8/2/2014When we heard the cut if the day was $75 for the 32 ounce rib eye, we were a little taken back. But we said, what the heck, we'll split it. It was wonderful! And the sides - steak frites (to die for) and creamed spinach (apparently substituted for the heirloom tomato gratin that we were told about) were excellent. As was the wedge salad. Well done, Market Tavern! We are glad you came to Stockton!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, decent service.BeerMeDined on 8/2/2014Came for dinner, pork chop was great but a little pricey. Lasagna was also really good. Impressive beer selection, bottles reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food!MerryVIPDined on 7/27/2014Market Tavern knows how to cook fish!! My halibut on corn and couscous was scrumptious!! My husband was very happy with his ribeye, and our granddaughter loved her child's pasta. Our favorite Stockton restaurant!Special Features:
- Always wonderfulCorfinogalDined on 7/22/2014I really never gotten anything that wasn't good at market tavern. Their salmon especially is perfectly cooked- totally done with no rare center with the seared outside and very tender. Sauces are always good. My sister was visiting from New York and said that it was comparable to the good restaurants thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PizzaCanuck1Dined on 7/15/2014Best thin crust, wood fired pizza in town! Good service and nice to be able to watch good prepared in the open kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Job!JimBobDined on 7/6/2014We've come here several times since it was recommended to us by friends. We have yet to be disappointed. We have recommended Market Tavern to several friends who have also been very delighted. I really like the wine list, which is grouped by price point. I can afford x amount for wine. Here are the wines that fit that price point. Same with beer. Very user friendly. We had another great server the other night. When you don't have to ask for anything, it means that the server is paying attention to your needs. My number one point in reviewing a restaurant is service. No matter how good the food is, if you've had poor service your meal was ruined. We've always had great meals at Market Tavern. Keep up the great work!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HI HOPES DASHED QUICKLYShellyNDined on 7/3/2014I have eaten here twice. Each time the food is good, but the service is poor. The drinks are fair. The decor is nice and interesting. The menu changes with the seasons, but also has some consistent items. If you cant enjoy the experience because the waiter or waitress is clueless, then forgot it. I would like to see better service as an incentive to go back, otherwise I give up. Might as well just be a bar to go have a beer.Special Features:
- what a great discoveryEastMeetsWestDined on 6/30/2014loved their deviled eggs and squash pancakes. a true gem in stocktonSpecial Features:
- The following 50 reviews are from the Market Tavern reviews archive.
- Best in StocktonJamesDined on 6/20/2014This is the best food in Stockton, which isn't saying much. In a bigger city they would probably just be okay, but again, it's Stockton, and it doesn't get any better than this.Special Features:
- YUMMsFritz18Dined on 6/18/2014This was my first lunch visit and I ordered the Mushroom pizza...it was huge and extremely yummy!!!! I took what I was unable to eat which was actually 3/4 of the pizza and we had it for dinner with a salad! I will totally be back and recommed Market Tavern to everyone!Special Features:
- JohnnyboyDined on 6/15/2014I think this place is a diamond in the rough. Being from Stockton over 30 years ago and finding this very cool, hip, great interior and of course fantastic food. I had the Huevos Rancheros yummy. My dad had the skirt steak he said it the best he has ever had.Special Features:
- DinnerHomebodiesDined on 6/14/2014My husband and I had dinner here and had never been here before. We shared a small spinach salad which was fabulous. He had the sausage pizza and I had the skirt steak. The skirt steak was good, but his pizza was one of the best I have ever had. It had a thin crust and wasn't loaded with 'stuff' to obscure the taste. The seasonings with the cheese and sausage was superb. I would definitely recommend this pizza! He also had a strawberry margarita which had basil (?) or something in it ... I would not recommend this drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place for lunch in Stockton!!Momof3VIPDined on 6/11/2014I travel to Stockton for work and when I do I always try to eat at the Market Tavern. It never disappoints- this time I had the squash pancakes to start and the fish tacos with a cup of soup. Everything was delicious!! Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MimiBabaDined on 6/10/2014Excellent vegetarian burger. Everything is prepared to perfection. Our server was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Market Tavern!FromTracyDined on 6/7/2014The food is fresh and mostly sustainable and/or organic. Their menu has a great selection for anyone's food choice. The atmosphere makes you feel like you are in Napa, with the wood tones and Olive trees! Great service, we will be back again soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GREATbrunchVIPDined on 6/2/2014always a wonderful experience. Great food! But i am very disappointed the Porchata is no longer on the menu. Please bring it back.Special Features:
- LushMrsAlphabornDined on 6/1/2014With a dark interior and synthetic music playing I felt like I was in a SF lush hotel. The food lived up the reputation very good and very rich. We had brunch with some pretty amazing bloody maries the classic and southwest were both fun and delicious "its all about the garnish". Our main course was the eggs benedict. The eggs were poached perfectly and the hollandaise that was definately made from scratch on top of a toasted brioche...perfection. Along with mix green salad and roasted potatoes made our morning full. We ended the meal with house made donuts with lemon curd. Perfectly sweet and tart the donuts were not greasy or over cooked and the lemon curd was splendidly sour. A great place to share with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Changing menutericatDined on 5/24/2014We were very pleased to find new items on the menu from the last visit. It is nice when menu choices don't get stale. The choices are very creative, nicely presented, and tasty. This is a restaurant that we won't easily tire of.Special Features:
- You DecideFrancescaDined on 5/21/2014I found my dining experience lacking. I had dinner on Sunday, and lunch on Wednesday. One of the Sunday special's was Sturgeon, which I chose. The preparation and presentation left much to be desired. My luncheon choice was the Cobb Salad with green goddess dressing. The Chef/cooking staff should contact me for the recipe for authentic green goddess dressing. For diners who possess a sophisticated palate, the recommendation to Market Tavern would be there is much room for improvement.Special Features:
- Creative and sexy food!geoblewisDined on 5/17/2014I am a foodie. I live in the Central Valley of California, where EVERYTHING grows, and have struggled to find creative restaurants that meet my foodie, needs. I am happy to have found the Market Tavern in Stockton! Excellent cocktails, inventive vegetable dishes, and beautifully-cooked meats and fish. I like the open kitchen plan and the booth seating. The cinnamon gelato is a must-try!Special Features:
- Market Tavern a must in StocktonScottVIPDined on 5/16/2014Had a very good meal at Market Tavern with very good service. The kale chips appetizer is excellent and I have not had a better tasting skirt steak. This place is popular so make sure you reserve!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Retirement DinnerCanuck1Dined on 5/16/2014The best pizza this side of Parma! Prompt seating in quieter area in the back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An unexpected gemGardenersdelightDined on 5/16/2014A beautiful elegant restaurant in the middle of a shopping center. Tastefully decorated though the back room is somewhat closed in and dark. Delicious food with wonderful presentation but rather small portions. I was there with friends, but my husband would have been hungry -- the total entree was the size of a salad plate. Wonderful service, helpful and knowledgable waitress. Not for kids but perfect for couples. Will definitely return but will keep the portion size in mind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.