Market Garden Brewery
1947 W 25th ST
Cleveland, OH 44113Neighborhood:
BreweryPrice: $30 and under
Market Garden Brewery
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.marketgardenbrewery.com/
- Phone: 2166214000
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM; Lunch: Friday - Saturday: 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM; Dinner: Daily: 4:00 PM - 2:00 AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Andrew Bower
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact the restaurant for more details.
- Private Party Facilities: 20-350 people. Our private dining room, with views of all the action inside the brewery, can hold 50 people for a formal sit down dinner or 75 for a cocktail party. We also have our outdoor beer garden, the largest in Cleveland, which can hold up to 100 for dinner and 140 for cocktail party. Soon we will be opening our spacious party room that will have seating for 120.
- Private Party Contact: Michael Berkowitz 2166214000
- Entertainment: Although we don’t offer a set entertainment schedule, Market Garden regularly books bands, dj's, and other forms of entertainment. For an up to date schedule, please check out www.marketgardenbrewery.com
- Cross Street: W. 25th St. and Lorain Ave.
- Public Transit: Visit www.marketgarden.com for a map of the brewery location and detailed public transportation information. We are across the street from the West 25th Rapid Transit stop and are off of many of the busiest bus routes.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Visit www.marketgardenbrewery.com for a map and detailed parking information. Free parking is available directly behind MGB with entrances from Lorain Avenue and Bridge Avenue. There is a pay lot around the corner on West 26th and Market Avenue. Also, there is ample metered and free parking on West 25th Street and the surrounding area.
A word from Market Garden Brewery
Market Garden Brewery features a 3,000 square foot "American beer garden", three fireplaces, two indoor bars, and private dining space for up to 400. The brewpub features a modern American pub menu featuring local and organic ingredients sourced primarily from our historic neighbor, the West Side Market, and the wonderful farms that dot our community. This dynamic menu is brought to you by Executive Chef Andrew Bower. Market Garden is home to a 10 barrel brew house that has brewed up a menu of a dozen beers that span the flavor spectrum from easy drinking session lagers to big beasty ipas and porters. Noted brew master Andy Tveekrem, formerly head brewer at Dogfish Head, is at the helm. We also carry an exciting guest beer list highlighting the ever-changing American craft beer scene along with an extensive liquor & cocktail program focused primarily on American whiskies and spirits from the nation's top Micro-distilleries. Hope to see you in Ohio City soonContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Market Garden Brewery - Best Restaurants in Ohio City ›
Market Garden Brewery reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (32)great for outdoor dining (32)vibrant bar scene (30)neighborhood gem (25)fit for foodies (23)hot spot (19)special occasion (10)great for brunch (10)late-night find (9)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (5)romantic (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Zero serviceThatcherTDined on 8/2/2014I made reservations for my wife and I for a night out. We don't often get to go out due to work and family obligations. I've been to Market Garden a few times and always had a great experience. This time however we were seated and never once did a waiter come to the table. People around is were seated and served, I tried to get the attention of a couple waiters but never got anyone to come over. After waiting 45 mins we just walked out. It's one thing to not notice, it's another to make blatant eye contact and just walk by as I'm trying to wave you down. Don't think I'll be returning here anytime soon.
- Good experienceNat8990Dined on 8/1/2014I made OpenTable reservation 20 mintues before I showed up. When I got there, a table was reserved. Our waitress was friendly and attentive, but not overbearing. Food was good. Only drawback is parking in the area, but the restaurant does have offer valet parking. Overall good experience.Special Features:
- blah brunchPickyVIPDined on 7/27/2014We checked this place out for brunch on my daughter's recommendation (with her). She read about it and thought it sounded interesting. The food was fair, at best. Same for the service. It seems like a great place for 20 and 30-somethings to hang out and watch sports on TV. Not for me!Special Features:
- Go there only for the beer!GaffiganFanDined on 7/23/2014Pro's: The beer selection is excellent. The pours are not true "pint" glasses, more like 14 oz, but I did sample a few and they were all at the perfect temp and tasted great. Con's: Don't eat here. Maybe my expectations were WAY too high after seeing the prices on the menu. The descriptions sound incredible - a very ambitious, eclectic menu, but the execution was poor. Duck sliders were dry and had a strange flavor. Shrimp tacos were so-so and the fish tacos were bland. I had the bratwurst and pierogies, and the brat was the size of my index finger. Mac n cheese with chorizo and kale was 'meh'. All 8 of us were disappointed - esp me I b/c i picked up the tab! I don't get why the place was packed on a Wed nite - all first time diners?Special Features:
- Both great beer & great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/13/2014There are more & more brew-pubs to choose from in Cleveland, especially in Ohio City, but MGB remains my favorite because of its combination of excellent beers & excellent locally - sourced food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go to spot for out of town guestsRustBeltBarbieDined on 7/11/2014Market Garden is a favorite of mine for out of town guests. The beer is some of the best in Cleveland- thoughtful, local and not as heavy or intellectual as many of the breweries nearby. The food is a great take on classic comfort food- with fresh local ingredients and an eye for detail that makes it special. Great prices and even better service! Nothing like the smell of a campfire as hot summer days turn to cool nights. A perfect, relaxing place to take out of town guests who want a taste of real Cleveland-style food and drink.Special Features:
- Wedding After-Reception PartyCallaghanVIPDined on 7/5/2014We had a great time with about 35- 40 people - our server did an incredible job. Management should have provided us another server, given the size of the group and the fact that just about everyone ordered food and drinks. Our friends made the reservation ahead of time. My only recommendation if you reserve a room for this large a group is to request at least two servers. Otherwise, we had a blast and appreciate their hospitality and hard-work.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014They lost our order and it took over an hour to get our food after we ordered. Waitress was dodging us because she knew we were upset. Atmosphere was cool, though.Special Features:
- Great family night outFoodiesitbeDined on 6/20/2014We took our teenaged kids to Market Garden Brewery and loved it! Everyone has a tasty meal and my husband and I enjoyed good beer. Fun location, great food, great service!Special Features:
- Fun and good beerEBI2Dined on 6/15/2014This is a place to meet the gang before the game, after the game, or to watch the game. Good sports bar food and really good beerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful OC daytoots756Dined on 6/14/2014The staff was very accomodating to our growing table size and allowed us to pull up stool after stool we could find to our table. Melody provided great service and attention to our large group with a smile! Thank you!Special Features:
- Great PlaceJoeDVIPDined on 6/1/2014This was our first time to this restaurant - in fact, even though we have been to Cleveland a number of times, we did not even know this area existed. Had brunch here - was absolutely fantastic. Good selection of brunch items. Service was good and the food was excellent. Would definitely recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shu8910Dined on 6/1/2014Brunch was amazing! The bagel sandwich was awesome. Everyone in our party enjoyed their meal. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great PlaceKozyDined on 5/30/2014We we're looking for a place to eat before heading to the comedy club. A friend suggested Market Garden Brewery. So we tried it out and we are all glad we did. Made out resevations on Opentable, arrived at the Brewery and we were seated right on time. Beer was excellent and the food was excellent too! Great service ! We will be back!Special Features:
- Multi-cultural ClevelandClevelandBornNRaisedDined on 5/17/2014I took two foreign colleagues to Market Garden, so they could sample a diverse selection of American cuisine - from BBQ to fried chicken, to Polish, German, and Mexican-influenced dishes indicative of the multi-cultural heritage of the city. They loved the food and Market Garden was a great place to give a good impression of the city. The service was great, and though it was a busy Saturday night the kitchen's timing was perfect.Special Features:
- Mother's Day BustColumbusfoodiesDined on 5/11/2014We took a group of 5 on Mother's day and were hoping to show mom a great night out at a place of her request. We drove nearly 50 minutes to get here, paid $6. for parking on a Sunday, and thankfully were seated right away. The service was terrible. All of us were set to drink multiple rounds and seeing as we could barely flag our server down when needed, we just gave up after our initial order. The food was overpriced and not very good. If going at all, just sit at the bar for drinks and go elsewhere to eat. At least the beer was good.Special Features:
- Somewhat dissapointedMissBDined on 5/11/2014We had a group of 7 for Mother's Day Brunch. Waited an unusually long time for our meals to arrive - the server brought us a bag of popcorn to share and said they were backed up in the kitchen. I love their breakfast poutine - which I often order when we go for brunch. Normally it is served with breakfast potatoes - this time it was served on French fries. Might not seem like a big deal - but it was a disappointment. I don't complain or send things back - will just rethink dining there in the future.Special Features:
- Worst Mothers day BrunchasedDined on 5/11/2014We had a reservation, the restaurant still had open tables upsrairs, but we where seated in the basement area. It was cute, placed our orders and they pretty much forgot about us. Took over an hour to get our food. Then it was cold to top it off. We where told they where busy. Yet the basement dinning was only us at that point, and there where a lot of open table in the main area. They pretty much lost our order.
- Great Fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/10/2014Food and service were excellent. Not very conducive to having a conversation but loved the atmosphere for a late night bar!Special Features:
- The following 275 reviews are from the Market Garden Brewery reviews archive.
- Love to eat outLoveFoodDined on 5/5/2014Market garden was OK. Too Expensive for what the amount of food you received.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindSkairt2Dined on 5/3/2014We were very pleased with Market Garden Brewery! The food was amazing! The beers were very good. There is a large outside area that can be used most of the year because there are propane heaters. The atmosphere is great. It was a great addition to our "go to" list!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Too crowded to get great service. We were seated downstairs with a number of large groups, while we had only 3.Special Features:
- Fun placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/20/2014Market Garden Brewery was a fun place with a great atmosphere, but service was not the greatest. Waitress helping our waiter was rude, and we hardly saw our waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeshu8910Dined on 4/11/2014Always a great spot. Our go to place when we have a kid free night. Great beer and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After the departure of Michaelthe109Dined on 4/6/2014After the departure of Michael Nowak I thought the food was a bit off mark. New executive chef Maggie Scwenk has turned that around and put her stamp on some new favorites - Scotch eggs being one of them! As always the beer didn't disappoint and the entire wait staff was friendly and knowledgeable!!! Kudos to Sam and his entire crewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shift Changethg765VIPDined on 4/4/2014We had a reservation and got there around 3 on a Friday. We were seated right away. After waiting a bit we had to go to the bar to get the first two rounds. No one wanted to serve our table which was right by the bar. Around 4 the shifts changed and we had excellent service. The beer is always excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Opening Day- Fun FUn FUN!AgoodtimesDined on 4/4/2014Had a great time hanging out at MGB on Indian's 2014 Opening Day. Awesome service, food, and drinks. Always a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Open air dining on a warmJSM7100Dined on 4/1/2014Open air dining on a warm (for Northeast Ohio in April) evening. Service was fast, friendly and knowledgable. Food was excellent as always. The menu is always changing, which I love, so I had chorizo tacos and a soft pretzel appetizer....both were fantastic! Wahoo Wit beer is a great spring/summer beverage!Special Features:
- Typical brewery w atypical foodWannaBfoodieDined on 3/29/2014Located in Ohio City, Market Garden Brewery is a great stop for dinner, lunch, appetizers, whatever. The atmosphere is pretty "brewery-normal" but the menu is not. The food was fantastic. On a whim, we stopped in for dinner w/ our 8 yr old. Typically we do not take him to a brewery, but they had an opening & we were starving. Its not a GREAT place for kids, but not out of the question. I would take him again w/o concern. They do not have a kids menu but they obliged us by making plain mac n cheese that he said was amazing! I had the adult mac n cheese. It was out of this world. The cheese and noodles were phenomenal but then they add chorizo, shredded sweet potatoes, and kale. I can honestly say it was the BEST mac n cheese I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch!JessDined on 3/16/2014I took my parents here on their first trip to Cleveland and it was their favorite place they ate at!Special Features:
- Good vibe, beer selectionZoekeDined on 3/15/2014Excellent selection of craft beers brewed on site, and the server was very knowledgeable about items on the beer list and menu. Very good service, even on a busy St. Patrick's day weekend night. Food seemed slightly overpriced but overall enjoyed it. Noise level was high, but they were playing good blues music which seemed to set the right mood. This place is definitely worth checking out, especially if you are a beer lover.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We continue to return to thisOldManandSonDined on 3/8/2014We continue to return to this fun, comfortable restaurant/tavern. The service is outstanding. The service is a major asset. The servers are energetic, knowledgeable and fun to be at your table. My wife and I drive nearly an hour to have the pleasure of a weekend dinner here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great bar, food only ok.Laudee46VIPDined on 2/22/2014Since I don't drink beer or particularly like bar food and typically like to eat healthy, there weren't a lot of choices that appealed to me. I ended up getting the soup of the day which was ok, but too salty in my opinion. To be fair the burger looked delicious and someone with me enjoyed the duck sliders. The cheese board was nice, but it was also about twenty dollars, rather high for lunch. The bar itself was very nice, the employes were very friendly and the service was good. There was live entertainment which was great and I can say that I have never seen that during the day, so another plus! I saw a lot of young kids there and they seemed happy,so good for kids!Special Features:
- guardedquietdinner42Dined on 2/15/2014We made reservations based on other reviews-thinking that it would have some more private dining options. This is an establishment for young people I think - the 20-30 crowd- which we are not. We had to fight our way to the table. Then people hung around our table and we were in a corner. The spaghetti squash dish was good as well as the steak-wouldn't recommend the mussels or scotch eggs- not notable. Pricey for what you get and the quality of the food.Special Features:
- Electric went out waited forlenci0407Dined on 2/15/2014Electric went out waited for a hour nothing was done to keep our business
- Great Evening!LaurelDined on 1/31/2014We had a great time and the food was fantastic. The noise level was a little loud for our dining pleasure but it didn't get in the way of our good time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fast and Tasty20SomethingFoodieVIPDined on 1/19/2014My first time eating brunch here and we left happy. The two entrees ordered were the Mustache Hash and the Chicken and Waffles. Both were great dishes and we will certainly be back.Special Features:
- Market gardenmkocmitDined on 1/18/2014Shrimp tacos were outstanding. Nice place. Good food and beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was awesome! We had ajsumDined on 1/17/2014Food was awesome! We had a big group so we were able to try several different items. Mac N Cheese was delicious and unique, the whole table decided the Fried Chicken was the best of everything we tried. All meals were delicious and we did not leave disappointed! Great beer selection and fun atmosphere! Will definitely go back and have already recommended to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big Bang TheoryOU90Dined on 12/31/2013The food was good although could have been presented in a more favorable fashion. The Festivus beer is tasty. The basement seating was a bit of a medieval banquet, but I still enjoyed the whole experience. Thank you. Happy New Year.Special Features: