Mariposa at Neiman Marcus - Ala Moana
1450 Ala Moana Blvd
Honolulu, HI 96814Neighborhood:
HawaiianPrice: $31 to $50
Mariposa at Neiman Marcus - Ala Moana
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/info/restaurant.jhtml?rest=200074
- Phone: 8089513420
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Saturday 11:00am-3:00pm; Light Menu: Sunday-Saturday 3:00pm-5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday-Wednesday 5:00pm-9:00pm, Thursday-Saturday 5:00pm-10:00pm; High Tea: Sunday 3:00pm-5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Hawaiian
- Executive Chef: Marc Anthony Freiberg
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Selective upscale catering; please call for information.
- Entertainment: Jazz Trio plays Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday 6:00pm-9:00pm
- Special Events: Breakfast with Santa - Enjoy a holiday breakfast and entertainment from the performers of Diamond Head Theatre's Shooting Stars. Prices are $48 for adults, $32 for children (ages 3 to 11). Reservations are required; for more information, call 808.951.3420.
A word from Mariposa at Neiman Marcus - Ala Moana
Located on the 3rd floor of Neiman Marcus, the Hale'aina Award winning Mariposa Restaurant boasts a spectacular ocean view. The menu created by Executive Chef Marc Anthony Freiberg features a blend of Neiman Marcus’ famous heritage cuisine fused with Chef Marc original pacific bounty cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Mariposa at Neiman Marcus - Ala Moana - Best Restaurants in Honolulu ›
Mariposa at Neiman Marcus - Ala Moana reviews from OpenTable diners
230 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (165)great for lunch (164)special occasion (114)great for outdoor dining (106)fit for foodies (81)great for brunch (80)good for groups (64)romantic (49)neighborhood gem (31)notable wine list (26)kid-friendly (17)hot spot (14)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/17/2014I felt that the menu was a bit short on selections of main dishes. Our waiter was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful! Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/16/2014The food was delicious, the service impeccable and as always, the view was outstanding!!Special Features:
- It's always goodnelsonVIPDined on 9/15/2014Consistent good food and service. Great views of the harbor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014This visit was a bucket list moment, and very pleasant. High surf made the view extra interesting. People watching is also good. How do they create such yummy consomme? Popovers delightful. Splurged on lilikoi dessert. Yessir, a great luncheon, and the AC was appreciated on the hot day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They had a bad dayEatEatEatVIPDined on 9/14/2014Usually we have exceptional experiences here. I think it was an off day. Really off. Sat 15 minutes after our reservation. Asked to be seated inside. We were seated outside. Manager and server offered to move us but we declined. We did receive a free appetizer. Food took a while but they were busy. My sandwich came out with the wrong fries. My friend asked for no tomatoes, she got tomoatoes. My friend asked for her burger medium, it was well done, very well done. Just a trainwreck and it was the first time I brought my friends here. Again, an off day, because usually they are on point. I'll still return tho.
- Great for Special LunchLuvOfTeaVIPDined on 9/13/2014We came here for a birthday lunch and are glad that we had OpenTable Reservations or we would not be able to get a seat on a Saturday at noon. The food is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too busy restaurant for relaxing.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014My wife requested to go this restaurant for lunch when we went to Alamoana center for shopping. Reserved thru open table, it was easy, but we were asked for table more than 10 minutes in crowded entrance. The outside terrace table was not so bad if sunshine did not burn my back. This restaurant helped me to forget we were in Hawaii. It is really good place to visit whenever you are boring Relaxing Hawaiian vacation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUR FAVORITE PLACE TO EAT AND RELAXkauaidineDined on 9/9/2014We live on Kauai and now usually only come to Oahu for doctor appointments or medical procedures that can't be done on Kauai. The one bright spot in the long day trip to Oahu is Mariposa. We ALWAYS are able to have a wonderful lunch or dinner before we catch the flight back to Kauai. The hostess works around the uncertain doctor appointment schedule and fits us in when we are early or late for our reservation. The food is never a disappointment and the service is excellent. We never feel rushed and enjoy the time to have a drink or two and an always great meal. Wish we had Mariposa on Kauai...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, service a little slowtravelingguyDined on 9/9/2014Five people each had different entree, including the specials. All enjoyed the flavor, quantity and presentation. Service a little slow, perhaps not wanting to interrupt a business luncheon. Would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply WonderfulMurieDined on 9/2/2014Really great restaurant inside Neiman Marcus. Food is always fresh, delicious and beautifully plated. Service is professional and friendly and the view of the ocean from the outside tables is great. Generous pours of interesting and reasonably-priced wines.Special Features:
- Oasis at the mallYukyukVIPDined on 9/1/2014An airy, bright, comfortable restaurant. Great for brunch or lunch. Reservation is highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/30/2014Highly recommend making reservations shortly before sunset. The view is phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great As UsualVisitorDined on 8/29/2014We always enjoy lunch at Mariposa. The room is lovely, the view is bright and cheerful, the popovers are amazing, the salads are healthy and delicious, the service is efficient and friendly, the environment always conducive to good conversation, the setting always special and first-class. My wife and I had two guests. Our friends split a soup and sandwich entree and we split a salmon entree. Our server Jeremy and the kitchen staff were so thoughtful to split both entrees for us onto separate plates, with healthy-sized portions on each platter. More than enough for all of us. Thank you, Mariposa, for being the go-to place with elegant ambience for special luncheons and reunions!Special Features:
- As usual everything was greatJeanMW12Dined on 8/29/2014It is rare to find a resturant that does not hurry you and allows you to talk with your friends and respects your privacy and yet provides great service, including sharing entrees, salads and desserts. Bravo!Special Features:
- ReliableDeniseDined on 8/29/2014Food, service and view excellent. Nice for lunch to take a break.Special Features:
- Not my best meal there.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/28/2014Waitress was very friendly and did her best to expedite the service.Special Features:
- Worst service everOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014I have enjoyed many lunches here and have seen the menu and food improve over the years. Prior to this visit I have always had excellent service from caring and pleasant servers. I took my mom and 2 of her friends to celebrate her 89th birthday and our server, Oliver, argued with our requests, he forgot it was a birthday celebration (I mentioned 89th birthday in my online reservation and mentioned it to our hostess and I heard her tell our server this) and initially said he didn;t know but later changed this to saying he forgot, he blamed another employee for a mistake, didn't offer water or drink refills until the end of our meal...I could go on and on but the bottom line was that Oliver's attitude was horrible. The food was delicious!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Food came out for one person in a few minutes, the rest of the table waited 10 more minutes. Server blamed us for ordering wrong??Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another nice experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/26/2014I really appreciated the fact that they made another lunch for my grandmother after one of the servers accidentally took away what was going to be leftovers.Special Features:
- A lovely place to lunchNuuanuResDined on 8/25/2014After our table was moved to an indoor location, lunch was wonderful. All 3 of us had different salads, and corn chowder starters. As usual, the popovers and consomme were delicious!Special Features:
- foodiedentistDined on 8/25/2014The food and service was outstanding. We loved the endless popovers, great food and attentive servers. Everyone is so friendly and welcoming.Special Features:
- Reservations via open tableFriendDined on 8/24/2014Just FYI- even though you made a reservation on open table, you will have to wait your turn in line at the door. The hostess sorts out guests with and without reservations. Once we got to the hostess, we were seated immediately. Glad that reservations are on open table!! BTW, I made the 12:15pm reservation via my iPhone at 10:15pm. Happy Dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pacific SunsetcvwrescueDined on 8/22/2014Beautiful place to enjoy a wonderful meal and a great view of the Pacific as the sun goes down.Special Features:
- Simply DeliciousMurieDined on 8/22/2014Took a friend here for her birthday and it couldn't have been nicer.Special Features:
- One of the best place in Honolulu!DoraDined on 8/22/2014Although this restaurant is very famous among Japanese tourists, I have never been before. This time I booked a table at terrace and it was definitely a place I would recommend to my friends! The locations was perfect, food was also nice, and service there was excellent. We only had a light lunch this time, we'sd like to try dinner at the next visit to Ala Moama.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch SpotSteakPlaceDined on 8/21/2014Good to have lunch with friends or even a business lunch is good as well. Great menu selections.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/21/2014The food was excellent and the service was outstanding. Our waitress went above and beyond to insure our satisfaction.Special Features:
- WHAT no birthday acknowledgemen?OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2014Choose Mariposa for a birthday luncheon. Greeted by very friendly staff. A bit disappointed with the serving staff. Waiter decided to let us know the special when he was ready to take our order. A salad was ordered with no cheese but came with it. Waiter not around to tell so had to remove cheese out of salad. Asked for chopsticks but none came. Couldn't wait any longer since my food was shouting "eat me". Are your delicious popovers limited to one per person cause no one came back to offer seconds. We noticed that the table next to us had such wonderful service and we felt left out of your great service. (not my first time) AND sadly my friend received no special treatment for a birthday celebration. Shame on this experience.Special Features:
- Great eggs benedictieatfoodDined on 8/17/2014We were early for our reservations but the hostess accomodated us. Our waiter was cordial, but not most attentive. We had to ask for water to be refilled. It took a long while before the popovers were served. The food was delicious! Eggs benedict with smoked salmon was flavorful. Husband's hamburger was cooked just right, not dry. Atmosphere is very relaxing and love the view of the ocean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service for such high-end spotHappyDinerVIPDined on 8/15/2014Sadly, the last few times I've been to Mariposa, I have been really disappointed at the attitude and service at the Hostess stand. They are cold, rude and full of attitude. I think this time will be my last :(Special Features:
- Always a classicfreedomfighter808Dined on 8/14/2014Mariposa never disappoints. I had the seared ahi and Kona kampachi salad while my friend had the burger (they grind the steak on premises). Excellent food, excellent service and always consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/13/2014Great location & foods! Try their Ahi and Kanpachi soba salad. soooo yummy!!! Service was wonderful*^^*
- AnonymousDined on 8/12/2014Did not received a return email that my reservation was accepted, had to call the restraurant to confirm reservation was received. They seated us as soon as we arrived. There was no mention of the note I posted in my email that it was a special occassion. Food choices were very good, bread person only came around one time and did not refill. Water and drink were refilled promptly. We had to return to work and the time after food ordered and arrived was great. I would return again, it was a very nice lunch for me and my guest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful as well as reputationhiroterraDined on 8/11/2014Beautiful viewing from terrace table and delicious menu is same as well as reputation. Furthermore, drawing-kits were given to my kids, for waiting time. Extra bread service order was accepted.Special Features:
- lunchdinerDined on 8/11/2014My guest requested butter for their bread three times before receiving it. The salads we ordered had hardly any dressing mixed through. Another guest ordered a side dressing and this was not understood by our server so she needed to ask for this again. The servers seemed preoccupied with other things and not as helpful as past times.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Serviceeveapt51Dined on 8/9/2014Great food with great hospitality especially from the waiter. Love their monkey bread and the strawberry butter. Love their appetizer, the entrees and of course the wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting sandwichesJulieYVIPDined on 8/6/2014The roast beef sandwich with brie and arugula was excellent. Like a French Dip, but comes with onion jus, like French Onion soup, instead of plain beef jus. The lobster sandwich was disappointing. We ordered it because the table next to us had it and it looked amazing -- very thick layer of big chunks of lobster. But ours came with a thin layer of tiny pieces of lobster. We mentioned it to the server who explained that the lobster is portioned ahead of time for consistency and all the sandwiches have exactly the same amount. Sorry, I can't believe it...the difference between the sandwich at our table and the one at the next table was too great. Service was good although we could tell our server was rushed due to lunchtime crowd....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedKonandadDined on 8/4/2014Expected the food to be more special, especially as the food is on the pricey sideSpecial Features:
- Is it Denny’s there?HotateDined on 8/4/2014We've enjoyed dinner ｔhere when we went to Hawaii for several years. However, I was disappointed this summer. I put it together at the time when the setting sun set and made a reservation and should have enjoyed dinner peaceful. But a baby who cried all the time by the table, the child of the table in front ran around, danced and ate with standing. I did not have dinner calmly, too. I was ashamed that there were such families as the same Japanese. There had not been such a terrible visitor and thought that it was the restaurant of adult so far. I will be at a loss next year when I went to Hawaii whether I should make a reservation. The food is delicious, but is too expensive to eat in Denny's.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014Excellent service, with excellent food. Mary, our table server was outstanding and very knowledgeable of all items on the menu.Special Features: