1327 Beach Dr
Victoria, BC V8S 2N4Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.marinarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2505988555x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 9:00am - 1:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Jeff Kennliside
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Marina Restaurant can accommodate groups of up to 40 people in the dining room. The Marina Coffee House is available for private event and parties in the evenings, fully serviced and catered by the Marina Restaurant. Booking of The Marina Coffee House also provides access to the expansive deck.
- Private Party Contact: Guest Services 2505988555x
A word from Marina Restaurant
Enjoy the fresh tastes of the West Coast in a spectacular waterfront setting at the Marina Restaurant. The award-winning Marina Restaurant is a local favourite for delicious seafood, regional cuisine and Sunday Brunch. If you’re in the mood for sushi, our sushi bar can’t be beat.Continued
With sweeping views of Mt. Baker and the Straits of Juan de Fuca, the Marina Restaurant at the Oak Bay Marina offers a feast for all your senses.
With sweeping views of Mt. Baker and the Straits of Juan de Fuca, the Marina Restaurant at the Oak Bay Marina offers a feast for all your senses.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Marina Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Victoria ›
Marina Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
149 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (132)special occasion (94)great for brunch (53)great for lunch (50)romantic (44)neighborhood gem (42)fit for foodies (41)good for groups (38)notable wine list (33)kid-friendly (10)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Amazing BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Thank you for a great brunch. The food was amazing and the service was outstanding! We had a wonderful time celebrating our friend's birthday!Special Features:
- Good food, beautiful viewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/19/2014Wonderful place for a Sunday brunch. We have never been for a dinner, but the staff and food likely would be very good.Special Features:
- BrunchIslandVCDined on 10/12/2014This was our first trip to the Marina Restaurant. We took our US visitors there for Sunday brunch. The service was friendly and helpful, and the food at the buffet good to very good. We would recommend the omelettes, which are made to order and brought to your table. The view from our window table was excellent as it looked across the marina and to the ocean beyond. We will be back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty Good BrunchnonicknameDined on 10/12/2014Food was very good for the most part; lots of options, and buffet kept well stocked. Would recommend you offer butter/jam and other condiments accessible by the food area, since when I ask about those at the food service area, I was redirected to ask our server, who, for some reason didn't come to the table for a good 15 minutes after we sat down with our first course. Servers where polite, but maybe because there were only two of us, they seemed to spend more time serving the bigger groups. I do recall a more splendid buffet for less $$ a few years ago, so it's a little disappointing to see the service/quantity/options go down while prices increase. After this last visit, I am more apt to go check out other brunch options next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch for guestsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/5/2014Had a wonderful brunch here on Sunday morning - all that you could wish for in terms of food: typical b'fast items plus roast beef, curries etc. and an amazing array of desserts. Only improvement could be heated plates.Special Features:
- Excellent - except for one thingDelightedVIPDined on 10/1/2014We come from 'down under'. Wow!!! They had lamb on the menu. Our mouths watered. . . . The lamb was very good, except when we asked if they had MINT SAUCE to heighten the taste of the lamb we were told that this restaurant does not have mint sauce . . . . we couldn't believe it. . . A high class restaurant with lamb but no mint sauce!!!!!! . . . . . we shall return and recommend others to enjoy the great ambience, fabulous view, friendly service and very good food (except lamb). . . . a great restaurant.Special Features:
- Dining PleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014Oak Bay Marina Restaurant is a wonderful experience. friendly people, excellent food and service. I would recommend Marine Restaurant to all my friends. Congratulations to all the staff for creating such ambience.Special Features:
- Awsome Food & Awsome ServiceBellaDined on 9/27/2014So glad I found this restaurant. You can find outstanding food in many other restaurants but combine with outstanding service, it's been a long time coming for my husband & I. We were extremely impressed with every staff we encountered ... friendly, helpful, knowledgable and everyone knows how to say "Thank you" as we leave. Complements to management and ownship for training the best staff ever!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014My food arrived cold. It took a very long time to get our meal, yet it was not very busy. Our waiter was stymied when we asked him to give us seperate bills, which he did eventually, but he was not happy about it. I was not that impressed with the place. The view was about the only thing I would rave about.
- Exceptional Birthday BrunchMax11Dined on 9/21/2014Party of 5 for Sunday brunch was enjoyed by all - presentation, variety and quality of buffet was as outstanding as the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food should be better for the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014Like most buffets, it is in the restaurant's best interest not to have outstanding food. For this price however, I expected better tasting food. It was rather bland. I appreciated the variety and the service, however better tasting and executed food is in order to charge that much money per person. Great views, friendly service, and lovely for a grandparent outing. Likely not returning.Special Features:
- A perfect eveningEvaprawnDined on 9/20/2014We had a fabulous dinner and evening for our first anniversary! The staff are always friendly and accommodating. We requested a booth which was saved for us as we enjoyed a special champagne cocktail at the bar. The food was outstanding, and the view on the last summer's eve was spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bit disappointingGrazerDined on 9/17/2014Waitress was stretched, partly from chatting with diners, partly from too much territory. Very limited entree selection. Halibut dish was only so so. Other 3 were good but beef tenderloin portion was tiny for the cost. Nice place though. Would return.Special Features:
- Bacon?quailridgersDined on 9/13/2014We recommended that our overseas guests order the chanterelle mushrooms as their appetizer. The subtle flavours were completely drowned out with the goat cheese and bacon which completely overpowered the mushrooms. Two of us then ordered halibut cheeks and again a very salty bacon drowned the flavours of the delicate fish dish. Yes, it was certainly tasty and we ate it all, but the lack of subtlety with the dishes was not what I was expecting from this restaurant based on previous visits. The service was beyond reproach, as usual.Special Features:
- Very good!WilldDined on 9/12/2014Jeremy, our waiter was top notch! The food was as expected---very good. It Paid to not put our full faith the whinny review's on Yelp!Special Features:
- Delicious and unqueNewtoVictoriaDined on 9/9/2014My husband and daughter went to the marina to celebrate a special occasion and enjoyed three different delicious meals, wine and appetizers. The service was friendly and the view was nautical.Special Features:
- Enjoyable BrunchVictorianewbiesDined on 9/7/2014Very nice selection of food, tasty and nicely prepared. The view is of course relaxing and beautiful, right over the water watching the boats coming and going. The only flaw is the usual one for large buffets. The roast beef was done too well. Rare was not available which might have helped with the problem. We will certainly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014The Marina Restaurant is a restaurant for special occasions, the location, service and decor are amasing. The major problem is though it could be a very romantic restaurant, it is not because the noise level is pretty high .. Their starters are delicious and original, however, entrees are pretty ordinary, not a lot of research or originality, even though fresh and tasty. I would recommend for a special occasion, preferably with a group than a couple.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!MarinaDined on 9/5/2014Everything about this place was great: the atmosphere was relaxing and comfortable, the food was fresh and delectable, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the view from our table was incredible!Special Features:
- View great, food OKOpenSeaReviewerDined on 9/1/2014Justly renowned for the view, the Marina is a good place for dinner but could be even better if the food moved up a notch. It is fine, some of it is even good, but I find they slightly overlook the fish- and this has been a consistent theme over the last two years or so - so it doesn't quite have that moistness it should, and they tend to throw one additional "odd" item on the plate as part of the dish. In many other places this works fine and the contrast of flavors enhances. In the Marina's case it just seems "odd" and doesn't quite work for some reason- as if they are trying to add something to be different just for the sake of it. However that doesn't overshadow the view and the service which has been consistently attentive and timely.Special Features:
- Wonderful Dining ExperiencejimandDined on 8/31/2014The food on the Sunday Buffet Brunch was outstanding and very high end. Even the whipped cream was excellent. No skimping on the quality with any dishes. Service was excellent and the table I reserved was ready for us.Special Features:
- Do not miss this experience!!!foodloverDined on 8/31/2014This restaurant is consistently fantastic for many reasons... the food, the atmosphere and views of the marina, Mount Baker and the strait. It is one of our very favourites in Victoria.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- staffOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/28/2014Holly our server was great food was better than the last time, that was lunch not as much care that time of daSpecial Features:
- Beautiful marina viewsGerpVIPDined on 8/24/2014The setting in Oak Bay Marina is lovely. The circle bi-level restaurant provides great views from every table. There is a raised bar in the center and a sushi bar in the back ( no views from the sushi bar). The primarily fish menu has interesting selections tha t you don't see everywhere. The food is well prepared and the service was friendly, helpful and efficient. An excellent experience - nice to get away from the tourist crowds in downtown Victoria.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For the price - not good enoughAnonDined on 8/24/2014First off the service is stellar. Food however needs improvement. For $36 for the tenderloin,it really needs to be cooked to perfection. Mine was over done.Special Features:
- Mixed reviewkayakDined on 8/24/2014Sturgeon was delicious, but the lamb no so much. There appeared to be very few servers and as a consequence rather slow service. View as always lovely.Special Features:
- The Brunch Spot in VictoriaRonsieDined on 8/24/2014Whenever we visit Victoria, we schedule a visit to the Sunday Brunch. Food is very good, our service has always been exceptional and of course the view of the marina and bay is outstanding. It is a relaxing time and such a fun time with friends. A high light of our visits here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seaside findLoveitVIPDined on 8/21/2014The Marina Restaurant never disappoints. The interior design is comfortable and artistic, capitalizing on the spectacular view of the marina and ocean. The menu is fresh and creative, featuring a good variety of fish and seafood and daily specials. There are other good choices for those who don't eat seafood. Service is professional and courteous. Definitely a wonderful restaurant to have in the neighbourhood!Special Features:
- our guests were very happyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/18/2014we selected the marina for a good view for dinner for special and discerning guests on the event of a birthday; our guests were very happy with the quality and presentation of the food selections and the wine offerings; we were not disappointedSpecial Features:
- Quiet, West Coast ElegancealwaysluckyDined on 8/18/2014The Marina is one if those restaurants that is hard to pigeon hole. It isn't pretentious, bot it is elegant. It isn't noisy, but it has a sense of vibrancy. It simply'is'. The menu is not extensive nor particularly innovative, but every item seems to be well thought out and nicely balanced with the rest of the menu. You get the sense that management and kitchen figured out what works and are wise enought to stick with it. The portions are good and the food is tasty. There is plenty of space between tables so it is ideal for a private conversation between friends or a business lunch with an important client. The wait staff are unobtrusive. Food and beverages arrive at the table and dishes are cleared almost by magic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointingTartanDined on 8/17/2014We ordered the grilled halibut dish, and it was tasteless, as was the sauce, the vegetables were indifferent, and the crime brûlée was not cartelized, but burned. Next time well stick to the shushi, which is always excellent.We certainly were disappointed as we had brought guest from out of town to our favourite restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014Visited for our wedding anniversary. Food was wonderful, flavourful and delicious. Our server was great, polite, helpful and on point. Overall, a great experience and would recommend this place to my friends.Special Features:
- Repeat guest again happy!SusanDined on 8/15/2014We were given an appropriate choice of tables given our request for a window table. The service was appropriate - we were asked regularly if we required anything but the service staff were not intrusive. The service staff were appropriately friendly and professional. The food was very good and the menu has a reasonable range of options. All in all a great experience! I thought that the service and responsiveness to the table request was better than I have experienced as a dinner guest booking directly through the restaurant and therefore would book through Open Table again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brilliant waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014We live in England and were visiting Victoria for the day to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary. We chose this restaurant because it served seafood and also because it was located away from the main touristy areas. The food was good and our waitress was exceptionally pleasant, helpful and attentive.Special Features:
- Chowder disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2014Chowder was not that good versus competition and well below the other food that night.Special Features:
- DisappointingferikovDined on 8/10/2014Despite the nice location and pleasant view the overall experience fell short of expectations; food quality was only OK - marginally and service was very poor. Server seemed like she didn't want to be at work; did not introduce herself and had no name tag. Was slow in tending to table after seating. Salmon had a strong fishy smell and was overcooked; dry even. Also not sure rice is the best side for salmon. Will not return to the restaurant.Special Features:
- Always a pleasurewwmarieDined on 8/8/2014We love to go to the Marina to celebrate birthdays. It is just that extra special setting overlooking the Marina and the waterfront facing the Olympic peninsula. The service is good, the food is always good and the view is wonderful.Special Features:
- good food priceyKENALANDined on 8/6/2014Very good food, but pricey for what you get. Where out of some main courses which was bad for a Wednesday night. Very busy place, need reservations. Great views of marina and ocean.Special Features:
- The Marina maintains its excellencePatersonDined on 8/6/2014Dining once again at the Marina, it is reassuring to find that they are maintaining their standards of excellence. Great views, great food and great service. Deservedly, it has a great reputation for seafood, but their other dishes are wonderful. My guests dietary concerns will efficiently dealt with. I unhesitatingly recommend the Marina.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shrimperDined on 8/3/2014we are repeat customers for lunch and brunch. this time we had table 24 and found it cramped as we were physically brushed by people and servers on both sides. our plates were changed in timely fashion but we were not offered a drinks menu or asked if we would like juice with our meal. the coffee was inferior and the bacon too salty. otherwise the food choices were excellent, especially the seafood. the buffet staff were wonderful but we felt somewhat ignored by our table waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.