134 Reade Street
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
TriBeCa - Downtown
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.marcforgione.com/
- Phone: 2129419401
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Marc Forgione
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The private dining room can accommodate up to 40 guests & offers a private entrance.
- Private Party Contact: Brielle 2129419401
A word from Marc Forgione
Marc Forgione features Chef Marc Forgione’s laid-back yet high-style approach to New American cuisine in a comfortable and energetic atmosphere. Menus change frequently to showcase fresh ingredients and new twists on seasonal American favorites.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Marc Forgione - Best Restaurants in TriBeCa - Downtown ›
Marc Forgione reviews from OpenTable diners
195 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (159)special occasion (112)romantic (95)neighborhood gem (95)hot spot (67)good for groups (48)notable wine list (47)vibrant bar scene (38)great for outdoor dining (36)great for brunch (30)late-night find (12)great for lunch (6)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- ExceptionalDanielVIPDined on 10/17/2014The "chicken under a brick" was quite probably the best chicken I have ever eaten. Everything was wonderful, well worth the cab ride from midtown.Special Features:
- DeliciousJen24Dined on 10/17/2014Went for a birthday and had the tasting menu. Waiter was very good and food excellent. Not only delicious but an experience for the mouth the way items were paired. One small critique is they assume everyone is a couple on how they served some food in a bowl to share instead of your own bowl. Further they'd give an odd number of food items for two ppl. Eg. 5 small pasta noodles instead of 6. We had to cut one on half. Would recommend and go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rosequartz7VIPDined on 10/16/2014really enjoy dining at this restaurant. Have been several times and find the food to be really consistantly good.Special Features:
- Amazing Array of TastesWendyVIPDined on 10/16/2014Great night all around. I loved the rustic and lively atmosphere. The service was top notch. Amazing use of truffles in the main dishes. Favorites included the kampachi and lobster appetizers, and I loved the 10 minute cookies and milk as well as the coconut semifreddo. Can't wait to come back here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!KarenLeeDined on 10/16/2014The tasting menu that my husband and I has was amazing -- not merely a meal but quite a culinary experience. There were about 8 dishes to sample and although we were hard up pick our favorite, in the end we decided we both liked the tuna carpaccio and the chili lobster the best. And the service was impeccable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrific experience overalllJediDined on 10/15/2014Nice contrast of log cabin atmosphere and high end food.Special Features:
- AMAZINGLenka1283Dined on 10/14/2014One of the best meals of my life was at Forgione's. Not a single complaint.Special Features:
- impressedfoodgasmVIPDined on 10/14/2014I have the pleasure of dining with clients and both times I dined here it was very much appreciated by all. I was impressed and appreciated Marc coming to the table to see his guests.The lobster toast was on my mind for hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dopeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/14/2014one of the best restaurants in America , chili lobster , chicken under a brick , and everything else , youre welcome
- PhenomenalBkFoodDined on 10/13/2014Everything here was top notch starting with the specialty cocktails, which we had at the bar, before heading back to the restaurant area. We ordered the tartare and the caviar topped foie gras (special) as appetizers, and were blown away. I had the black bass for dinner and my friend had the duck...and once again blown away. I don't usually get desserts, but had to since everything thus far was so amazing. Yep...blown away. I'm a big ambience person, and this restaurant is chic and rustic, edgy and charming. Great atmosphere and super inviting staff. There was another iron chef dining at the table next to ours. So cool!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Brunch4everonvacationDined on 10/12/2014We had a great experience at this restaurant. Bottomless mimosas for $16.00( not your everyday Mimosas, not orange juice sweet or sour, just perfect taste Mimosas) and very tasteful food, the courtesy biscuits are delicious . The service was impeccable what made our Sunday brunch a very especial one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great decisiongmomonayDined on 10/8/2014We had a great dinner! In New York visiting friends, I chose Forge because Marc is one of my favorite chefs to watch. Our experience was great from start to finish, I called and added another guest to our reservation and it was no problem. Drinks in the lounge, then dinner at a quaint table. Our service was awesome, the whole staff seemed to work as a team, we didn't want for a thing. Great experience, beautiful decor and gorgeous and delicious food. I almost went back the next day for Kampachi and those cookies!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it here!ilonaDined on 10/8/2014We are neightbors to the Forge and love it. We have been here for both brunch and dinner and both are outstanding. The ambiance is wonderful and the food is very creative.Special Features:
- Another Hit!thewallsDined on 10/6/2014We had another wonderful anniversary dinner! Food was spot on as usual, and our waitress, Ashley made the night so special. We love dining at Marc Forgione and cannot wait to go back!Special Features:
- Special placeGreatDined on 10/5/2014Napa valley in TriBeca! Just without the airfare and hotel billSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood FindNYCfoodyDined on 10/4/2014Very tasty offerings coupled with exceptional staff - a winning combination. The design of the dining space makes it a noisy albeit happening locale - just know that isn't a quiet getaway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/2/2014Excellent meal and service. We arrived late as the kitchen was closing (flight problems) and we were treated like regular guests. They kept the kitchen open and the meal was superb! A new favourite for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the chickenHungrycat23Dined on 10/2/2014I could eat the chicken under a brick every night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfocused StaffLiddyVIPDined on 10/1/2014This restaurant has a great menu with well-prepared dishes. There are plenty of staff on for service, but they seem to do a lot of unfocused rushing about. Response time seems unnecessarily slow, with items arriving well after you think they've forgotten about you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch recommendationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014My girlfriend and I went her for brunch and the good was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much less than expected...OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/27/2014Read some mixed reviews, but after our daughter and husband raved about Forgione's; we decided to go there for our 46th anniversary dinner. We found several of the elements of our dishes overly salty. I had the Berkshire pork chop which was tasty, but nothing to write home about. My wife's swordfish was mushy/mealy and overcooked, and lots of the beans served with the dish were hard. In hind sight she should have sent it back, because she was up most the night with an upset stomach that lasted well into the next day. We're thinking now that perhaps the fish was spoiled. I guess what was most memorable about the dinner, was that it was the first time I ever spent over $300 for what I would consider a mediocre meal!Special Features:
- Brunch!!!BinaCVIPDined on 9/21/2014We've gone to Forge for brunch two Sundays in a row now and sat outside both times. It's absolutely lovely, the service is always spot on and the food is fresh and reliable, we'll be back! Dinner is also great too, make a res!Special Features:
- Great Meal Unforgettable Experience2BFrankDined on 9/20/2014Going to the restaurant of an Iron Chef, I expected the food to be amazing (and it was), but what really made the night was the extremely hospitable staff. Claire, our server, really made the whole meal enjoyable from start to finish. Providing us with tasty little extras in-between courses and even rising to my (joke) challenge of finding us one more treat before we paid the bill (delicious mini-muffins). Food just tastes better when there's great service delivering it to you. And Clarie turned what could have just been a memorable meal into an unforgettable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal on the planet (twice)Joe3Dined on 9/20/2014I just went back for my second dinner and Marc Forgione did not disappoint. If anything the meal was even better the second time. Such incredible attention to detail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousihavenodoubtDined on 9/20/2014Took a friend here for her Birthday and it was amazing. We had the tasting menu with the wine. Great food, wonderful service and best of all, my friend had a very happy birthday due to the kind and professional staff at the restaurant. Going again in a month.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Restaurant has nice atmosphere and interior design. The veal porterhouse was amazing.Special Features:
- thank youbobbyoDined on 9/14/2014always a great experience, start to finish. servers are very knowledgeable. Food is very innovative and delicious.Special Features:
- HenrysmammaDined on 9/13/2014What a wonderful meal! We entered the restaurant and were so pleasantly surprised by how spacious it was...for a city spot! The service was excellent the whole meal with a very knowledgable, friendly waitress and an entire group of staff that seemed to work seamlessly together. The food was so interesting and tasty. The duck was out of this world as was the fish! Don't leave without getting some cookies and milk and the mini ice cream cones...all made in house and all AMAZING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Iron Chef doesn't disappoint!FiDiLadyVIPDined on 9/11/2014Everything was perfect, from the bartender's recommendations, to the sommelier's friendly approach that was warm and welcoming, to the dishes being split on two plates in the kitchen so we could share everything. The peach shortcake was the best shortcake I have ever eaten. The only regret was not being hungry enough to indulge in the tasting menu. I'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazinggoodfoodDined on 9/8/2014went here for a special dinner and it did not disappoint! great service, amazing food! overall great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most Delicious as AlwaysMeaxlingVIPDined on 9/8/2014This place never disappoints. The food it terrific, imaginative and local. I love the atmosphere and the wait staff are top notch. I can't say enough good things!Special Features:
- As always, amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/7/2014My wife and I have been here 4 times, all for special occasions, and all 4 times the food and the service made them just that - special occasions. Marc Forgione isn't just dining - it's an experience. I highly recommend both the time, and monetary, investment of the tasting menu. It's a 3 hour palate explosion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superbamijDined on 9/7/2014Superb wait staff, ambience, food of course. Best restaurant I've ever had the pleasure to patronize. I've been coming into the city to eat here for 4 years. Never ceases to amaze me!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Yummy!CliententertainerDined on 9/5/2014Such a great wait staff as well as scene and the food, well the food was so awesome! It was definitely a fun dining experience!Special Features:
- lived up to expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/4/2014We had high expectations for this restaurant and they were met - great food, ambiance, and service. Great to see Marc himself walking around the restaurant too. We went on a Thursday night and it was just a lively as you would expect a restaurant on a weekend night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary eveningTribeca30Dined on 8/25/2014My wife and I were recommended Marc Forgione's as a great dinning experience for special occasions. We were in the city for our 30 th anniversary. The waiter, Mark, was fantastic. Everything was wonderful. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for the gold standard of a great dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could not have been betterSarahDined on 8/22/2014Amazing food with friendly and attentive staff. One thing I wasn't expecting was how dark the restaurant was, which I suppose is a plus if you're self-conscious and don't like people watching you eat :p The halibut was deliciously cooked on its own, but a different kind of delicious when mixed in the sauce it came with. If I could change one thing, it would be to ask for more chocolate items on the dessert menu; though, those 10 minute cookies did an excellent job at satiating my chocolate craving.Special Features:
- Very GoodDigitalBuffaloDined on 8/19/2014We had the tasting course. Service was attentive but at times we could have used fewer interruptions for water refills - refilled every five minutes or so! A couple of hiccups, we asked for the cheese supplement but never got it (and it wasn't on the bill). A cocktail was ordered and by the time they inquired if we had received it, it had been more than 20 minutes so we declined it. The food had some big hits - the cajun oyster, curry chili lobster and the strip steak were all very good, others were fine if not spectacular. Tasting menu for 2 plus about 5 cocktails came to $325 plus tip. I don't fee bad about paying that much but wouldn't necessarily rush back since there are plenty of choices in that price range.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 8/17.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014Went on a Sunday night for my mothers birthday. She was welcomed at the table with a 'personalized' birthday letter from the chef and a glass of champagne to commemorate. We did the tasting, which was wonderful. Service was always attentive, glasses were always filled, and the explanation of every dish was thorough and relevant. My only complaint was that 2 of the 3 portions of the dry aged strip did not seemed to be butchered properly, as some of the silver skin was still in tact, leaving the meat a little chewy and hard to cut...but such a hiccup was not reason to complain about an otherwise wonderful meal. The kampachi was perfect, and we cant wait to go back to try the a la carte options.Special Features:
- Never DisappointsKika77Dined on 8/16/2014I have eaten here 5 times and I have never, ever, been disappointed. Food and service are Fantasic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.