660 Cannery Row
Monterey, CA 93940Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://louielinguinis.com/
- Phone: (831) 648-8500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM; Dinner: Daily: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Pedro Barroso
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private banquet room with a capacity of up to 100.
- Private Party Contact: Lance Koehler 8315367904
A word from Louie Linguini's
Louie Linguini's is the finest Italian and Seafood restaurant on historic Cannery Row. We offer a large variety of food from seafood to pastas and pizzas. Louie Linguini's provides a fun and family friend atmosphere that is located directly on the water and has some of the best ocean views in the Monterey area. Come and enjoy great food and great service while you learn about Louie's wonderful life.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Louie Linguini's reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (7)kid-friendly (3)good for groups (2)great for lunch (2)fit for foodies (2)great for outdoor dining (2)romantic (2)neighborhood gem (2)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- TGI Fridays meets Monterey2wheelsdownDined on 11/8/2014Not what I was expecting... more of a Chili's or TGI Fridays with respect to decor, food and environment.. not a fine dining restaurant that's for sure. food comes out very quick, wait staff is great.. just not what I was expecting but overall not bad for what it is.
- Nice placeKstopDined on 9/20/2014This has always been a favorite of ours. Casual laid back dining with good food.Special Features:
- Great Food and CharmluvlocalfoodDined on 9/11/2014First of all are table reservation was perfect with an ocean view. The service was excellent!! The food was great, my Flat Iron Steak was cooked to perfection and melted in my mouth!! The manager was very professional and walked the floor to check on every table to assure everyone was satisfied with their experience!! My wife and I will certainly be repeat customers!!Special Features:
- Easy going and comfortableCrjcwDined on 8/1/2014I enjoyed the low stress homey feeling. Service was fast and enthusiastic, and the food was good. Prices more than resonable, for the area, and the window seats have great views of the bay. I had the Jambalaya, and it was a different take on the traditional, but I rather enjoyed it. And they were very generous with the shrimp, which was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 22 reviews are from the Louie Linguini's reviews archive.
- Family vacation diningTripletplus1DadDined on 7/24/2014We came to Louie Linquini's after reviewing the available restaurant's on Cannery Row on our second night in Monterey. The view of the bay is beautiful from inside the dining room and it could only be better from their outside dining area. We actually saw a whale in the bay while eating dinner. All six of us had something different. We had the fettuccine alfredo, chicken gorgonzola, chicken Milano, fried shrimp and the penne pomodoro with meatballs. Everyone enjoyed their food and the sourdough bread served with dinner. We would definitely come back if in the Monterey area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Caper SaucesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014Outdoor dining is a must as everyone is saying. The caper and picatta dishes are very nice. Desserts weren't so hot. Service was excellent. Friendly atmosphereSpecial Features:
- not what I expectedGFgirlDined on 7/9/2014The clam chowder is good but that is all that I could recommend. We ordered the pasta pomodoro and house salad topped with shrimp. The shrimp were awful, the kind you get frozen and thaw. I expected something like bay shrimp or something much fresher for the money. The salad was just a spring mix that seemed out of a bag and very small portion but that was OK since the quality was so poor I would not have wanted more. A disappointment Im sorry to say.Special Features:
- Rush, rush, rushluvmontereyDined on 6/25/2014My wife and I enjoyed the sample of clam chowder on the street so much we made reservations for dinner. She sat down at our table by the window with a great view of Monterey Bay. Before I could sit down a basket of bread was tossed on our table. That set the tone for our experience. It was a Wednesday night and there were many open tables but we were rushed the entire time as if they needed our table. We were seated at 8:00 and had paid the bill and heading out before 8:45 pm. The pace of the meal experience was disappointing but the chowder experience was worse. They run a bait and switch. The sample served on the street is not the same chowder served in the restaurant.Special Features:
- s2artrVIPDined on 5/14/2014The restaurant was very quiet when we arrived and it was almost like semi-private dining. Service was good but the food was mediocre. Pasta dish was dry and we were charged an extra charge for extra tomato sauce. Snapper Piccata was a very large portion, but the restaurant wanted to charge an additional charge for all vegetables instead of mashed potatoes. They did substitute pasta but is was served plain without any sauce and again there was an additonal charge for tomato sauce. During our 5 day stay in Monterey, this meal was our most disappointing.
- We sat down and took aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/19/2011We sat down and took about 20-30mins for our waiter to even stop and say good evening. And when he finally did, he just asked if we were ready. Took our order and left. I understand busy, I work in the food business and have for 15years, but service without even a "Im sorry for the delay" is unacceptable. Other than that the food is amazing and the views are fantastic. I would recommend to a friend only on the foods behalf not the service.Special Features:
- A local fan.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/19/2011I have been going to Louie Linguini's for a number of years, and often take visitors from out of town there. The location is ideal; the food consistently good. Prices are reasonable for Cannery Row, and the staff has always been polite and helpful. I hope it doesn't change, and have no problem recommending it to anyone looking for a good meal and a terrific view.Special Features:
- Great view of Monterey Bay.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/14/2011Great view of Monterey Bay. True Spaghetti Carbonara.Special Features:
- we ordered CIOPPINO large,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2011we ordered CIOPPINO large, was expecting "seafood extravaganza", only to see 3 piece of mussel,2 piece of clams in a large bow, 2 thin slice of toasted bread, bearly enough to feed one person. Will not go again.
- The food was ordinaryThe viewOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/19/2011The food was ordinaryThe view was not great but it was a cloudy, overcast day, so that did not help.
- I've loved every visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2011I've loved every visit to Louie Linguini's. This trip we took our son for his birthday. I was disappointed they didn't have anything in place to make him feel special--a little cake, small scoop of ice cream, or the like. It ended our birthday dinner on a sour note.Special Features:
- A great spot to take the kidsLarryVIPDined on 8/10/2011A great spot to take the kids after a day at the Aquarium. The wait staff bends over backwards for kids. The food is ample and tasty. The waiting time is short. A great place!Special Features:
- The food was pretty good butcailinsDined on 7/29/2011The food was pretty good but over priced. The service was not good. The waiters were disruptive to the meal and not very friendly.Special Features:
- I love oldie 's but not whenFoodguyDined on 6/26/2011I love oldie 's but not when I'm having a rantic dinner overlooking the ocean. Most of the tunes were suitable for dancing the twist, not dining. Otherwise , good restaurant.Special Features:
- Great location right on MontereySFtravelerDined on 6/10/2011Great location right on Monterey Bay and very good wait staff, but the food was uneven. Some things like the minestrone were flavorless, but the seafood risotto was very good.Special Features:
- We were there during off-season,OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 3/29/2011We were there during off-season, so it was quiet. I can imagine on the weekends that it is very busy. Very much tourist-oriented, but great if you have young kids. Menu is very seafood heavy, but their pastas were very good. The view is gorgeous, and our server was very good with recommendations and service was paced perfectly.Special Features:
- A true gem!BirdofparadiseDined on 2/23/2011Never disappoints! The best chowder we have found in the area and we've tried several. Service, food and view simply can't be beat! We visit Monterey a couple times a year, and this is THE one place we return to, time and again! Don't miss this gem!Special Features:
- we asked for the linguiniBlaineSVIPDined on 2/18/2011we asked for the linguini and clams to be prepared spicy, and it was delicious. It was a huge portion. The clam chowder was delicious and our waitress was very nice and accomodating.Special Features:
- Perfect Valentine experienceGr8turkDined on 2/14/2011We had a very pleasant meal and service at your restaurant on Valentine's day. Our waitress was very friendly and very attentative to our needs during the evening. We have friends that recommended your restaurant and the experience was as they described. Thanks for a fun evening!!Special Features:
- Great service, unpretentious,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2011Great service, unpretentious, casual decor. Awesome bayviews. Excellent food. Eat there. If you're not hungry now, you will be.Special Features:
- Great casual anniversary lunchtwitterheadDined on 1/29/2011We had a great time at Louie Linguini's. We celebrated our 6th anniversary with a weekend trip to Monterey & our lunch at LL's was fabulous! The food was very tasty, the service good & we loved the view of the bay. We especially liked the crazy stories about Louie, the funny photos around the restaurant & the life-sized policeman & Bruce Lee statues. We took several goofy photos w/ them & laughed at ourselves taking them.Special Features:
- I ordered the jalapeño seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/23/2011I ordered the jalapeño seafood pasta, had no flavor whatsoever... But the garlic bread was very good and the bowtie chicken pasta was pretty good...I also had to flag the waiter atleast 3 time and still didn't come over ...so I had to get up and get my waiters attention....Special Features: