Loccino Italian Grill & Bar
5600 Crooks Rd.
Troy, MI 48098Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Loccino Italian Grill & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.loccino.com/home.htm
- Phone: 2488130700
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00 am - 10:00 pm
Friday: 11:00 am - 11:00 pm
Saturday: 3:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Sunday: 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout
A word from Loccino Italian Grill & Bar
Loccino's Italian Grill and Bar offers authentic and unique Italian cuisine. Dine at Loccino's for a delicious, relaxing experience. We pride ourselves on our warm, friendly atmosphere, impeccable service and fine food. Look for a wide selection of fresh seafood, steak, chicken and veal, traditional as well as unique pasta dishes, chicken picatta, Parmesans, numerous salads and much more. Enjoy Loccino's for lunch, dinner, dessert, drinks, banquets, happy hour, events and catering. We also have two private banquet room, contact us to book your next private party!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Loccino Italian Grill & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (17)good for groups (14)neighborhood gem (13)romantic (11)fit for foodies (9)notable wine list (5)great for outdoor dining (3)great for lunch (3)late-night find (2)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Delish!YummyDined on 8/20/2014Food was amazing. Portions large enough for leftovers therefore a great deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so socurtiplasDined on 8/9/2014The food wasn't bad, but it wasn't notable either. The ambience was good, but overall I probably wouldn't come back.Special Features:
- A very pleasant experience!WolverinemanDined on 6/22/2014The ambiance is pleasant. There aren't a lot of distracting TVs. It was generally quiet, so good for conversation. Both our dinner entrees were delicious. Our server was attentive without being intrusive.Special Features:
- Great italianJimboDined on 5/30/2014A fun night out on the patio.had lobster ravioli and a pasta dish, shared. Both were great. Salads were good also. Heide, our server was very attentive alsoSpecial Features:
- bistrobro1Dined on 5/25/2014one of five enjoyed dinner quality. Wine list is pedestrian. It is very nice insde. Service is pleasant but not professional; they do seem to try to be accommodating. Food is very mediocre if that is possible.
- Great experienceEricDined on 5/11/2014We needed a place for brunch to hold about 13 people. We could not schedule a place until a week before and many places were full. We were able to reserve this restaurant thru OpenTable! The brunch service and food were outstanding and everybody commented about the great service and food. Loved it!Special Features:
- Not very happyLisamrDined on 5/10/2014My husband visited on a Saturday, May 10, for our 23rd wedding anniversary. Although the ambience was romantic, it was very loud because of the dinner parties that were present. Our waitress was not at all friendly or efficient at refilling our drinks or checking on us. The food was just average. Certainly disappointed in the overall experience that we had. Will not go back or recommend.Special Features:
- The following 45 reviews are from the Loccino Italian Grill & Bar reviews archive.
- Another enjoyable mealVisitorDined on 4/26/2014This is a comfortable restaurant with a pleasant ambience and great menu. The service is attentive and professional. Thanks for another enjoyable evening!Special Features:
- Wonderful BrunchRochesterFoodieDined on 4/20/2014My family and I enjoyed a wonderful brunch for Easter here. The food was fabulous - from the breakfast offerings to the squash ravioli and roast beef carving station- all for a very reasonable price. The wait person who attended to our drink needs was very friendly and helpful. I personally can't wait to try Loccino for dinner! From the samplings of food during brunch, I'm sure that it, too, will be wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful discoveryWolverinemanDined on 4/12/2014We visited this restaurant for the first time due to a discount offer and were very pleasantly surprised. The food was outstanding and the service attentive and efficient. The atmosphere was pleasant, and the restaurant was packed. We will return here in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very friendly staff, Vinnie'sTroy2Dined on 4/5/2014Very friendly staff, Vinnie's a gem! large portions. large menu selection.Special Features:
- Good times great foodDateNightRoyalOakDined on 3/28/2014Dinner and a play. What a nice meal for 4 people. We sat in a booth and has great service. We all tried something different and no meal was a wrong meal to try. Will be going back again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time won't be our last!PrimeDined on 3/26/2014We booked the restaurant because it next to our hotel (The Troy Met) and what a good stroke of luck that was! The restaurant was a perfect place to celebrate a birthday and the food and service was terrific but the unexpected highlight was Dave the waiter who saw we had not finished our bottle of wine and said we could take it back to the hotel with us. We asked if we could borrow two wine glasses and he promptly brought back two glasses wrapped in table napkins and told us to "Enjoy the rest of your evening!". This was totally unexpected and much appreciated. We will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimemeandmineDined on 3/24/2014Our son was in town on business and wanted to go out for dinner so we suggested Loccino's because we had never been there and wanted to try it out. We were all very impressed and do plan to go back; however, it will be special occasion dinning for us as our budget does not allow for frequent visits to this caliber of restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Service - Okay FoodamazinggraceDined on 3/22/2014Lousy service. The food was okay, but nothing special. Nobody greeted us and the hostess looked at me like it was odd that I told her that we had reservations. Then, she abruptly turned to seat someone else and we were left standing there confused. (I wondered if I would get my points for keeping the reservation) When my husband got his salad, it was the wrong one, but the server was nowhere to found to return it. Then, his dinner order was wrong and had to be redone. Servers seemed more interested in larger groups and tables that weren't ours. Honestly, the valet seemed the most interested in whether we got good service. You can get better service and food for the same price elsewhere.Special Features:
- Enjoying loccino'sTanyaDined on 3/15/2014Had a great time, we where celebrating my sons 21st b day, he stated he enjoyed the food and the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerShubidooDined on 3/15/2014We happened by here a couple years ago and were very impressed, so when it was time to choose a place for my birthday dinner, I chose Loccino's again. We enjoyed the experience so much, we plan to return for my husband's birthday next month! The booth was quiet, like we had requested; the service was friendly, warm, and prompt; the food was looked beautiful and tasted delicious. And the decor is lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good venue earlier in the eveningBKfoodieDined on 3/8/2014The restaurant was very low key and quiet right before 6PM. It got crowded and progressively louder as the evening went on. The food was very good and prepared well.Special Features:
- Great for GroupJennBDined on 2/25/2014I'm travelling in the Detroit market and needed a reasonably priced restaurant to dine with my local team, Locinnos was perfect! Good food, relaxing atmosphere, not too loud, great drinks, attentive staff, wide variety, yummy desserts. Dined on a Tuesday night where crowds are usually lighter than normal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surpriseTreemanDined on 2/23/2014This cultured place for weekday business meals maintains its standards surprisingly well on weekends too. The food ranges from superb to fine and the service is excellent. Make use of this office park gem on weekends for a high quality meal without a crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Service / Mixed FoodJohnDined on 2/15/2014Service was really slow. Hostessess were slow to acknowledge and seat us (we had reservations). Waited 10+ minutes for even water. Waited 10 more for bread - waiter forgot the oil. Then we waited some more to place our order. The waiter left as soon as we picked our appetizer. When we finally got to order, he never asked my salad preference - my wife and I were served my wife's salad choice. The portabello/seafood appetizer was quite good. My salad was so drenched in dressing that I tipped the plate sideways and pushed the salad to one side to drain about 1/3 cup off. My veal was fair-good. My wife's prime rib was fair-good. The waiter asked if we wanted our check without ever asking us if we wanted desert. The chocolate bomb was fair.
- The service was awful - itno2modgeDined on 2/15/2014The service was awful - it took way too long to receive our food and bill - the food portions were small
- Good Food, Great Friendly ServiceSrv3Dined on 2/15/2014Went here for a belated Valentine's Day dinner. The bread was fresh & hot. The ravioli was meaty with just the right spices. The wife's gluten-free eggplant was also very good. We didn't have an appetizer or dessert, but we're look forward to dining here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a pretty good placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014I have not been here for years...but on Valentine's day we gave a try...and it was great considering that it was busy day we wait in the bar area for 5 minutes...great food and service...you couldn't ask for more...easy to get in and out...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Nightchandler33Dined on 2/14/2014I had high expectations going into the meal. The waiter didn't bring us bread and salad until we had already received our meal and after he practically forced us to buy an $13 appetizer consisting of 5 fried shrimp. I figured at $20+ a plate the food would be better than decent. I couldn't have been more wrong. I have had better Alfredo at a cafeteria. The meat in the lasagna tasted like fast food hamburger meat. When I got the bill, I paid and was supposed to get 21.76 back in change. The waiter, Steve, only gave me 21 dollars back all in one dollar bills and I didn't even get my 76 cents. I wouldn't get angry over 76 cents, I just think it's poor service to expect that money is included in the tip. I will not be going back.
- Much more than expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014Came in with average expectations for a Valentine's dinner and came out a huge fan of Loccino's. The food was good, ambiance was fun and waitstaff was attentive. Neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceSundarDined on 2/14/2014We had reserved a table for the Valentine's Day and the waitress made our day. She suggested a wine for my wife which was really good and also, when we asked for a few changes in our food selection, she readily obliged. We ordered Eggplant Parmagiana and Margarita Pizza and both were of top quality. In fact, Eggplant parmagiana served here is one of the best in metro Detroit area. The ambience is romantic and we had a very good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and customer serviceVastellDined on 2/14/2014Love this place for their Italian food and customer service. You have to try the limoncello cake....to die for!!. Have not had any dish that we did not like...always plenty for leftovers also. We come here about every month or so...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great overallPanchoDined on 2/14/2014pricey but not too expensive. Good service and atmosphere. Bathrooms were beyond neglected and parking availability was poor on a busy night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Worth It!LaurDined on 2/14/2014Wow, I was disappointed! We figured we'd try a new place and I'm not happy that we did. Felt rushed the entire time I was there. You could tell they were trying to get us in and out the entire time which I hate. We didn't get our bread (which you're supposed to get right away) until we got out dinners. Bread and salad were both just average. Dinner..ick! I had pasta and it was not good. It was so liquidy and runny. Did not taste good at all. My boyfriends filet was average, but his mashed potatoes were cold. Didn't even ask if we wanted desert before handing us the check! Seriously, spend your money elsewhere. The food is way overpriced and I would have rather gone to Olive Garden.
- Pros: Complimentary ValetPeterCharleyDined on 2/14/2014Pros: Complimentary Valet (accepts tips) Friendly staff Fresh good food Cons: Waits on busy days can be very long. Doesn't accepts coupons (Groupon) on all days and no warning.Special Features:
- Disappointed2222Dined on 2/14/2014Thought we could use coupon, but found out after that they were not accepting on valentines day. Nothing in The fine print or on website. Lesson learned.Special Features:
- So So for the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Overall this is an okay place to eat. Good service but I noticed my plate and drinking glass was still dirty and the food was okay. Salad soup bread, Good lasagna not anything special especially for the price. It tasted like wedding food. It seemed all pre-made. With a little lower food prices it would be a better overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent placeAshleymarie47Dined on 2/14/2014Place was overall decent. Nothing to rave about. The food was cooked well and tasted pretty good. The service was sub par to say the least. From the moment we walked into the door, the hostess was in a hurry to seat us even though it wasn't busy in the restaurant. She didn't wait for us to check our coats in and pretty much ran to the table before we even had a chance to grab our coat check tickets. Once We were seated bread was brought to is but then we weren't approached by a server for a little while. Seemed as if everyone was in a hurry. The ambiance was pretty blah. You basically stared at every table as they ate. Not romantic. First time here for us. Food was good but Would not go out of our way to dine here again.
- Something was missingbmarDined on 2/14/2014The prime rib was tough and the potatoes were cold. The dish that I had my heart set on ordering was not on the menu. The service was good. Just a few disappointments on this trip. I have another Groupon so I will be going back to give them another chance as the trip before this one was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining experienceasantiDined on 2/7/2014I enjoyed my dining experience. The food and the staff were excellent. The only downfall is that it was incredibly noisy. It was hard to hear the person I was dining with across the table.Special Features:
- Great Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/25/2014I made reservations here for my birthday celebration with my family. The food was delicious, the service was good. I would definitely recommend this place as well as visit them again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Night OutSaturdayDinersVIPDined on 1/11/2014Our evening started with the valet kindly welcoming us in from the cold, and seeing the nicely decorated and rich interior of the restaurant. Steve then welcomed us with delicious hot bread and olive oil with cheese and balsamic vinegar. It is easy to make a meal out of the delicious bread at Loccino, but leave room for the great entrees and sides! We started with a smooth red Italian wine that Steve recommended that we enjoyed very much. My husband (who is very picky) gave the red seafood chowder rave reviews, and my arugula salad was very fresh and tasty. We would also highly recommend the beautifully presented and tender lamb chops and cheesy lasagna. When we return, we will ask for Steve. He is very friendly and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightJHDHDined on 1/9/2014I took my wife to the restaurant for our date night and found the food and service to be excellent. We had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian RestaurantPickyEaterDined on 12/31/2013I had not been to the restaurant since it housed the Palm many years ago. I was very impressed. The room is beautiful and the booths are quite private -- nice for an intimate evening. The service was very good -- prompt, but not overly obtrusive. The room has a formal feel to it and my wife and I were "dressed up", but most people were casually dressed. The food was delicious and there was enough to take some home. My wife and I both had pasta (I had a pasta sampler) and all of it was prepared perfectly. This has become my new "go to" Italian restaurant in the area. Very nice!I would recommend this to a friend.