1 South Wacker
Chicago, IL 60606Neighborhood:
Downtown / Loop
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lloydschicago.com/
- Phone: 3124076900
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Bar Lunch: Monday - Friday: 3:00pm - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 8:30pm
Dinner: Saturdays For 7:30 Opera
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Areli Valencia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Lloyd's delivers within 4 blocks with no delivery fee & 8 blocks with a deliver fee.
- Private Party Facilities: Lloyd's offers a large private room accommodating up to 140 guest. It can be divided, accommodating up to 70 guests each side.
- Private Party Contact: Melanie Yoeckel 3124076900
- Special Events: Lloyd's can accommodate up to 400 guests with their entire facility.
A word from Lloyd's
Lloyd's Chicago offers an upscale casual dining experience with an eclectic Midwest American influence & comfort food for that unique Chicago experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lloyd's reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (41)good for groups (27)special occasion (19)neighborhood gem (15)fit for foodies (15)vibrant bar scene (12)great for outdoor dining (9)hot spot (8)notable wine list (5)scenic view (5)romantic (4)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Great recommendation by Lyric OperaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014I've never been to the opera with my wife before, so I called Lyric Opera for general questions: dress code, what time doors open, food suggestions, etc. The woman from Lyric suggested Lloyd's saying many opera goers go to Lloyd's for diner. We were very impressed with the food and I very much appreciated the table by the window that I asked for while making the reservation. Food was both savery and hearty. Service was good- very busy so we weren't looking for miracle service. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent pre-opera diningMattVIPDined on 10/17/2014We enjoy dining at Lloyd's before attending the opera. Food is very good and service quick and excellent. This time one of us had the rib eye steak which came medium rare as ordered and the other the salad with chicken which was very good. Food arrived quickly. We started with soups which came immediately and were warm and ready to eat.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and Great ServiceLKSullivanVIPDined on 10/16/2014After an issue we had withthe restaurant not receiving the on line invitation from Open Table they seated us promptly. We had a great lunch. Our server, Calvin was attentive without being intrusive.Special Features:
- Pre operajerryDined on 10/15/2014Great setting for a pre opera dinner. Wonderful service from the moment you entered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- night at the operaOpera1Dined on 10/14/2014we stopped for sinner before attending the opera. the food was great and delivered fast. the servers were available and anticipated your requests. they did not rush you out the door but were aware that you had a time deadline to meet. everyone was friendly. you felt quite relaxed and comfortable while there - almost like being at home with service.Special Features:
- Convenient and GoodjannieDined on 10/14/2014It was raining when we got out of the train station and this restaurant was close enough to walk across the street to. The inside of the restaurant was warm and inviting. The waiter was attentive. I gave Food 3 stars because there were varying opinions. I had the filet madalions with a blue cheese crust, which were excellent , done exactly asjek ordered. The accompanying mashed potatoes were very tasty. Another guest had a fish dish which she said was very good. The 3rd patron ordered a steak well-done. It came and was pink and had to be sent back. When she received it again, it was well-done, but she said it was just ok. For dessert we split a hot fudge sundae with extra hot fudge. It was very good. We had a great time and I would go back!
- All-Around Good Dining ExperienceTealDined on 10/11/2014Lloyd's offers an all-around good dining experience. The food is very good and the menu offers a reasonable variety of choices; the ambiance is pleasant with white table cloths and located in a nice part of the city (the financial district). Our service was excellent, friendly and efficient, but not overbearing. Lloyd's is located very close to the opera house and Willis (Sears) Tower, but is also an easy walk to the other theaters downtown. It is also a good spot for a business lunch or dinner. I know my firm hosts numerous business lunches there. Not too loud, but still a vibrant atmosphere.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/11/2014Food and service were better than expected for a pre-opera dinner. And the location couldn't be more convenient.
- Lyric Season BeginsCP1012VIPDined on 10/11/2014Lloyd's is an excellent find when you are looking for dining before a Lyric Opera event. Close by, very good food choices and preparation, and accommodating to its customers. We have gone to the restaurant for five years and it has held up to our expectations.I would recommend this to a friend.
- lilyDined on 10/9/2014The salad was so good and we will coming back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HassDined on 10/9/2014Lloyd's is overall a pleasant place to eat, with excellent food and good service.Special Features:
- BillDined on 10/8/2014Our favorite post opera option. $6 cocktails. Prompt seating and attentive service.Special Features:
- curmudgeonDined on 10/8/2014Lloyd's is our "go to" place after the opera. Table always waiting, good service, tasty fare, relaxing ambiance, convenient. I almost don't want to let others know about this gem of a place lest it be the destination of the hordes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't rush me!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/7/2014This is a great place for lunch, but the server and staff were trying to rush us to order, eat and get out. The food was terrific, the location convenient, but the service was so distracting, I must consider other options.Special Features:
- Pre-Opera dinnereatfastDined on 10/6/2014The food and service for pre-opera dining at Lloyd's is always spot on. The menu is varied from salads to burgers to wonderful fish with several nightly specials. There has never been a problem eating at a comfortable pace knowing that opera starts punctually. The servers know their kitchen. The tables are comfortable and a little close in areas but still offer privacy. Parking is available in the same building and the walk to the opera is directly across the street. We would recommend this highly for any opera attendees.Special Features:
- food & service great & friendlyOpera1Dined on 10/6/2014the wait staff and their service was great and timed perfectly. the food was delicious. the waitress was so friendly and helpful. she made sure that we made the opera on time. we are definitely using this service again and coming back to this restaurant again. thanks so much for your app to be able to make the reservations that met our schedule.Special Features:
- solid lunch establishmentDinerLSCDined on 10/2/2014Lloyds is a solid lunch establishment which is good for taking clients and colleagues to lunch near loop offices. Compared to other comparable restaurants nearby noise level is more tolerable at Lyyods and tables are more spread out.Special Features:
- deebeeAVIPDined on 9/27/2014We only go there before the opera, and it's become our standby for those evenings. To be honest, if more places were open in the area on Saturdays, we might not seek this place out, but it's been reliable, and it's just across the street from the opera. The food is good, adequate choices, and they offer discounted parking for dinner and opera. That's a good deal. And a shoutout to our server Robert, who gave us superb attentive service on 9/27 for opening night. Thanks!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/19/2014Go to spot for business lunches in the loop. Good menu, attentive serversSpecial Features:
- Great spot for lunch or dinnerJimSparksVIPDined on 9/18/2014Food was good, service was outstanding, perfect atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great Loop Diningwe4foodVIPDined on 9/16/2014Both the food and the service were terrific! We experienced High quality professional service from start to finish. The restaurant was full of lively business professionals, creating a dynamic atmosphere. Located across from the Lyric Opera House, Lloyd's is also a great choice for opera night. The blackened salmon and crab cakes are excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MargeDined on 9/11/2014We were taking a co-worker out to celebrate a promotion who had never been to Lloyd's. She loved it. We all loved it. Our lunch was so delicious! The waitress we had was friendly and offered recommendations that were spot on. The entire meal was so fresh and inviting. We weren't going to have dessert, and then did. She recommended the chocolate sour cream cheesecake which others had and loved and I had a hot fudge sundae that was out of this world. I was the queen for the day for having made the restaurant choice. The ambiance is particularly nice. Always full at lunch but never crowded, never noisy, always well managed and prompt service. My new favorite all over again and I've been coming to Lloyd's for years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LeDotDined on 9/10/2014Mac and cheese was great topped with pulled pork! Service was very attentive.Special Features:
- Great Food, Price, and ServiceLadyDDined on 8/12/2014Went for there for a birthday celebration not knowing what to expect. It was a very nice size space to be in the middle of downtown. I really liked the fact that it wasn't overly crowded and we were seated right away. The food and service was beyond phenomenal. And surprisingly, I expected the bill to be much higher than it was...but it was very reasonable. Can't wait until my next visit.Special Features:
- Great Lunch2fromtheburbsDined on 7/24/2014Lloyd's was the perfect place to meet friends and business associates for lunch. Its location is convenient being close to the Loop and to Union Station. The food quality was outstanding and the portion sizes ample and the service also very good and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinnig before the showKinda0fpracticalDined on 7/9/2014Food was average to good. I had Mac and Cheese dish that was good but I just expected or had a vision of more bacon and peppers in dish per the menu description. My wife's white fish was good as well. Witer was good. The menu was a disappointment. There are so many good eateries downtown that I would take a pass on returning. Lyoyd's was good for a quick dinner before our show.Special Features:
- Before theater spotPoohDined on 7/8/2014Nice location, great food. Enjoyed watching World Cup and found friends stopping by for a couple drinks and food before the show. Will be back again.Special Features:
- Quite pleasedGoodchoiceDined on 7/2/2014We chose Lloyd's for its location and price point. We were between arrival at Oilgive and a later Broadway in Chicago performance. Lloyd's location was great and we didn't want to blow-the-bank on the meal. The bar was packed but we were one of four tables seated during the early 5 - 7 hour in the dining area. The decor is stark, but the food and service were beyond our expectations when we discovered the lack of dining customers at that hour. Our waitress was attentive and very lovely to us. The price/value ratio for the cocktails (on special for the evening) and our dinner was excellent and we were very pleased and enjoyed a leisurely meal with perfect timing for the rest of the evening.Special Features:
- It's okmonica404Dined on 6/25/2014I don't think the ambience or food is anything special here. It's all fine, but I feel like it's stuck back in the day. Not in a hurry to come back really.
- The following 1000 reviews are from the Lloyd's reviews archive.
- After work with a friendRFHKVIPDined on 6/19/2014I wanted to meet a friend after work that was convent to both of our jobs, and Lloyd's was the place. It's usually quiet after work, a spot where friends can catch up over dinner. We both started our meal with the split pea soup, which we have to say was outstanding, just like grandma. For our main course my friend had the walleye special and I the cedar plank salmon. Both entree's were very delicious. We would recommend either entree.Special Features:
- I love lloydseclecticDined on 6/19/2014Surprisingly inventive and tasty menu. One of my favorite lunch spots.Special Features:
- solid downtown luncheon servicemactheknifeDined on 6/11/2014want to meet for lunch, talk a little business, eat a decent meal and get good service? here you go... LLOYDSSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for pretheater at Civic Operahappy2findDined on 5/24/2014This is a real find for those attending Civic Opera. The location, just across the street, is perfect. The food was just delicious and the service was some of the best I've experienced.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/24/2014Excellent prior to performance at Lyric Opera. Wide menu selection, good value, separateSpecial Features:
- Theater convenienceAnnabelleDined on 5/24/2014We stopped at Lloyd's before going to the Lyric opera for a performance. The entire staff was friendly and the food was good and served quickly so that we would be in time for the performance. Parking was tricky to find the lot below the first time, but was worth the discount parking for the night. Would recommend for a quick bite.Special Features:
- Pre Opera only, but good value40Couplew8yroldtwinsVIPDined on 5/24/2014There's not much open on this end of the loop Saturday night for dinner within walking distance to Opera House. Next time I'd go with more lunch type food, sandwich or salad. Crabcakes were disappointing. Found them very bready, minced crab vs lump. Thought it would be a safe bet being a Catch 35 sister restaurant, maybe should've tried the fish. Service got backed up but still fine on time. Comp'd 2 cappucinos. Surprisingly reasonable prices. Entrees came with vegetable and a starch.
- great foodkitchDined on 5/24/2014If your looking for a nice restaurant near the opera house or just looking for a new place to eat downtown try LLoyds .prices are reasonable for the quality of food and a very ample wine and beer list.I noticed there were people with children and they (the staff) were very friendly to them .In all we enjoyed our evening outSpecial Features:
- UnderwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2014Good location for seeing a show at the Civiv Opera House, but the food overall wasn't very good. For having a 'notable' seafood menu, the seafood cobb salad was full of mediocre fish. Overall pretty disappointed with the experience.
- WaitressFoodDined on 5/23/2014When we first arrived, the service was excellent. As more table filled up, our waitress was nowhere to be found. I asked for more tea and finally had to fill my glass with water. By the time she arrived with my tea, I was over it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before the LyricPundaddydineDined on 5/23/2014Good food, reasonable prices, attentive service and non-rushed while still guiding us toward finishing with ample time to walk to the shown in the next block. I would definitely dine here before the show next time. Sashimi tuna was great as was my wife's Talapia. Server enjoyed his profession without being too comfy with us.Special Features: