13 Eagle Street
Asheville, NC 28801Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.limonesrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8282522327
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Hugo Ramirez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Limones Restaurant
Around the corner from the Fine Arts Theater in downtown Asheville, Limones Restaurant provides an inspirational mix of Mexican and Californian cuisine along with inventive bar selections served by a warm, professional staff. Long before working and training under some of San Francisco’s most talented chefs, Hugo Ramirez was raised on the intense and varied flavors native to his hometown of Mexico City. In fact, he still calls on his mother for the secrets of traditional Mexican dishes, which he reinvents in innovative and surprising ways. At Limones, Hugo’s love of Mexican food is combined with his training in french-influenced California cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Limones Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Asheville ›
Limones Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
383 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (307)special occasion (205)neighborhood gem (194)romantic (127)hot spot (97)notable wine list (42)good for groups (40)great for brunch (40)vibrant bar scene (31)late-night find (25)great for lunch (10)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- MAKE A RESERVATIONOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Even after making a reservation and arriving on time my party still had to wait an additional 20 minutes. I wouldn't have an issue with this if there was a place for us to sit besides on the curb outside. Overall, the food was wonderful. The prices are high but there are low cost items. Expect for your bill to be around $20-30 if you get a drink. Service was good. Do be aware that it can get loud when they're at full capacity.Special Features:
- Great restaurantCharlesDined on 9/17/2014The only negative comment would be the neighbors next door. Looked like a homeless hangout and some were standing in the doorway as we approached, as well as while we were eating. Not a favorable scene for out-of-town clientele.Special Features:
- Nice dinnerOncmanDined on 9/14/2014Food was excellent. Good variety of selections. I recommend the three cheese chile relleno appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely wonderfulSportsmomDined on 9/13/2014From the moment we arrived it was flawless. Our waiter was fabulous, kind, attentive and extremely knowledgeable. I told him it was my daughter's birthday and he never passed up an opportunity to wish her well, and ended up giving her a special pieced of tres leches cake was not on the menu and only in the kitchen for special occasions. It arrived with a candle and a smile. We had a scallop appetizer which was out of this world as well as a ceviche sampler. Terrific. Then we split the lobster tacos which were simply perfect. He guided us in our choices along the way and was spot on always. One of the nicest dinners I have ever had.Special Features:
- My Favorite Place in AshevilleJharveyDined on 9/13/2014Great food, wonderful service. Definitely worth a visit!Special Features:
- Fabulous Restaurantdaor1elttilVIPDined on 9/13/2014We have eaten at Limones often and it remains one of our very favorites. We recommend Margaritas and Lobster Nachos (and anything, in fact). If you make an early reservation, it is less crowded, but because it is so good, it is always full.Special Features:
- DisappointedAshevillefavsDined on 9/12/2014We have never had a bad dining experience her ever; however are latest visit was a big disappointment. The chips with our ceviche were stale, and the flavor was underwhelming. Our main dish were the sea scallops which we have had before(one of the better dishes I have had here), but again flavor was not there and scallops were on the raw side. I think the kitchen has forgotten how to taste and quality check food before it goes out to the customer. This restaurant has always been on the top of my list, but now I am not sure what to think.Special Features:
- Uneven foodLissDined on 9/12/2014Uneven food best describes our last visit here. Apps and salad were great but the Tuna wasn't cooked properly even after being sent back. Kinda important when you're paying $26. for it. We never said a word but our server was paying attention and removed it from our check. Nothing's perfect but to get the same thing twice means someone wasn't paying attention or didn't care to prepare it to our liking. Limones had moved into our best dining spot surpassing the Admiral and Curate, but sadly will drop a few notches after this visit. We like the energy here, although at times it can get really loud. Prior to this trip, we've always had good food. We'll return to Limones again but it will be awhile before we do.Special Features:
- food fit for a king and queenlimonesDined on 9/12/2014limones is one of the best restaurants in asheville the food was awesome the atmosphere was romantic yet casual the mixed drinks from the bar were very different this was our third time eating there and we will always go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DlouDined on 9/11/2014Th, we love is was not our first time to Limones... we have been here many times before. It was AMAZING as ususal!!! The Artichoke Ravioli were delicious and so were the mushroom nachos. The food is always so good and always different..... we love this place. The Blood Orange Margaritas are also one of our favorites!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meals - so so servicePackerbackerDined on 9/10/2014Lamb shanks - outstanding!! Tuna, Shrimp and Tacos were excellent also. I visit Limones several times a year and their food is always top notch. Service was not equal to the food this trip. Our server was generally slow. Very slow to take our main course order. I have experienced this in the past with same server. Other servers have been great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always ready to eat at Limones!!!!!MemawDined on 9/10/2014Have eaten there several times. The food is amazing! Service is superb. Have taken many guests and this Restaurant is always a hit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!sophieDined on 9/10/2014Referred by foodie friends. Did not disappoint. Fab mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistantly creative and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014I like the small cozy atmosphere. I always get the ceviche to begin with. Always fresh! Interesting menu that is unique (though this is Asheville!)Special Features:
- Amazing every timeCdeidesDined on 9/6/2014This is our favorite restaurant in Adheville. Great service, incredible food and a fun, relaxed environment. Did I mention the food was phenomenal? Can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/6/2014Matthew was our server, very knowledgable knew the menu extremely well. Told us about the history of the restaurant and the local area and what has been their best on their menu. The nice thing about this it let us know what the locals liked and what the traveler liked summing it up to a home run. If we ever have the opportunity we will be back.Special Features:
- Treat yourself. Eat here.OpusDined on 9/4/2014Seared scallops with porcini and crimin mushrooms, fennel, tomato ( just a bit) , over grits. Ceviche with guacamole , sea bass. Lobster nachos. If you're a margarita purist, go for the lemonade margarita. He liked the blood orange margarita Great food put together in a very different way but it all works. True American. To say fusion would be a waste of words. AmericanSpecial Features:
- EnergeticJamesVIPDined on 9/3/2014The crowd has fun, enjoys the food and is noisy. Our ceviche, chili releano, scallops and beet salad were all perfectly prepared and well served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious drinks and food!GrammasNightOutDined on 9/3/2014From start to finish everything was a "Wow!" The mojito was refreshing; chili relleno was large appetizer with well matched flavors; lamb shank burrito and shellfish coconut milk stew were both delicious combinations of wonderful flavors. Tres Leches cake with peaches & pecans was a light & tasty dessert. The complimentary cayenne-spiced truffle was the perfect finish. Small, intimate dining room. Server was helpful & appropriately attentive. We love Mexican food, and these dishes were wonderful flavorful extensions of traditional flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodies loved itFoodieInWallingfordDined on 9/2/2014We're foodies, so Limones was at the top of our list to go to while visiting, and it did not disappoint. Loved it! Owners of the house we rented told us it's their favorite, and we can see why. Nice atmosphere, good and friendly service, and wonderful food. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Excellent dinnernaterdayVIPDined on 9/1/2014We had a fantastic dinner here with fantastic service. One of my favorite places in Asheville.Special Features:
- What a find!!martDined on 9/1/2014Great food! Great atmosphere! Great waiter! Not your typical mexican food. Great flavors put together to make a beautiful presentation. Classy joint!!Special Features:
- Excellent cevicheOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/1/2014The ceviche was as good as it gets. For those who enjoy ceviche, you must not miss this at Limones. We had the trio of ceviche which allowed us to try all three. Needless to say they were all excellent. Note that the shrimp ceviche is a bit spicy. The other entres were also very good but not as special. Service was ok but not overly attentive. Also note that this restaurant is a bit pricy for Asheville without the atmosphere and service to go with it.Special Features:
- wonderful food, but low on spaceklp0723Dined on 8/31/2014Outstanding food, service and atmosphere. If you are looking to get a drink before dinner and the bar is full, you might be out of luck though. Other than that this is a definite must for excellent Latin inspired fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely would go againFoodandwinegaloreDined on 8/31/2014Great food, pleasant and professional staff , ambiance fit for either business or romance. It's even kid friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LimoneEricLizDined on 8/30/2014Limone is nice spot for solid food, but it is noisy and can be chaotic. Lively bar scene and we enjoyed our meal - HOWOVER - the kitchen needs to learn that there should be a space between appetizers and main course. We no sooner had our appetizer served, and our main course was there - lickidy split we had a pile of food on our table. I would recommend this restaurant however, and we enjoyed the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!Cath198Dined on 8/30/2014Food was the best Mexican we have ever had. The drinks were amazing and the desserts was outstanding.Special Features:
- Always wanted to try this place.LuvgoodfoodDined on 8/29/2014Glad that we reserved ahead of our trip to Asheville at this always busy restaurant and It was Friday and Labor Day weekend. The tequila drinks are outstanding & the Knowledgable and cheerful wait staff add to the upbeat feel of this cozy restaurant. The menu changes weekly and it shows in the freshness of the ingredients and the current season's produce.I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Asheville's bestLakegirlDined on 8/28/2014Outstanding food and atmosphere! The ceviche sampler was delicious, the salad so fresh and flavorful, and the sea bass will definitely be one of my all time favorite entrees. The blood orange margarita was worth the high price, and there is a nice selection of wines and beer. Only problem...not enough room to try more of these very creative dishes. I guess my husband and I will have to come back to Asheville very soon.Special Features:
- OutstandingycarneyDined on 8/28/2014Truly a fabulous restaurant. Must haves: Margarita Caliente, if you like spicy, this is the drink for you. The lobster nachos are out of this world, the scallops, the best ever, the ceviche, excellent, and our waiter Brad is a gem. Professional, efficient, attentive, a pleasure. Love this place.Special Features:
- An excellent experience.Ontheway2LyleDined on 8/28/2014We were very impressed with the unexpected and delicious use of cucumber in our mixed drink. The beet salad was exceptional as was the chili relanos appetizers. The waitress was very helpful with our entree selections and the mixed seafood stew was excelelnt. The chocolate tort for dessert overshadowed it all - light and uber addictive - which says a lot from a "savory not sweet" person.Special Features:
- Limones for a preconcert dinner42JagsDined on 8/28/2014A creative and eye-pleasing riff on Latin-themed food in a cozy atmosphere with knowledgeable and attentive service. A clear winner in a town filled with great choicesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Asheville Gem!BabsRNVIPDined on 8/27/2014I have never written a restaurant review, nor do I think I am a good writer. But, I had to write about our recent experience dining at Limones on our recent visit to Asheville with our family. Everything was perfect from the hospitality of the hostess and all the staff, to the extensive margarita/specialty drink menu, to the utterly amazing meal we enjoyed. There is not a children's menu, but the waiter did accomodate our picky eater and everyone was happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great cocktails!KLaneDined on 8/27/2014We chose Limones for our one night in Asheville due to its great foodie reputation, and it did not disappoint. We started with the lobster nachos, which are absolutely incredible! The tequila lime beef tacos are really lovely, but nothing could top the nachos. We tried a few of the margaritas and they're all fantastic (some of the best I've ever had). The restaurant is noisy, but it has a great vibe and is a real gem in Asheville. Service was excellent and I think the prices are fair for the quality of food.Special Features:
- gazelleDined on 8/27/2014Good service--very good food, and centrally located in Asheville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun menu, tasty foodKmhydeparkDined on 8/27/2014And very good traditional margaritas. We were delighted to have our first dinner at Limones on our last night of our first visit to Asheville. Hoping to return before long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Fare!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/26/2014You will not be disappointed--one of the best dining establishments in Asheville NC. Best Margarita (I ordered the traditional one) superb! Husband said the duck was the best he has ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EyeofamyDined on 8/26/2014Excellent food,cooked perfectly made for a wonderful birthday celebration ! Attentive service added to our wonderful evening. A job well done!! We enjoyed the scallop appetizer, the sea bass and the grilled shrimp.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDesertdanDined on 8/23/2014We read the great reviews and recommendations and couldn't wait to try it out. We opted to try their signature dishes- the LobsterNachos and their Taco entree. Still looking for the lobster and the tacos had little taste, all that we could taste was the cabbage. Even the guacamole disappointed. Should have gone with the Sea Bass.
- Innovative MexicanDeniseDined on 8/23/2014Ate here for third time on Saturday. Had lamb shank nachos which were great. Hubby had chili relleno, which I have had in the past. Never disappoints. I had shrimp chimichurra which was shrimp on top of pearl cous cous and topped with tasty sauce and mango. It was creative and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.