Limoncello - Chester Springs
499 Uwchlan Ave
Chester Springs, PA 19425Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Limoncello - Chester Springs
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.limoncellowc.com/
- Phone: (610) 524-3112
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Limoncello - Chester Springs
Limoncello is run by a family that is loyal to its customers. We want to ensure that every time you come in you feel part of something special. The Mingrino family is faithful to their customers and are always bringing you good food, good drinks, and good times. Limoncello caters to private functions and banquets such as bridal and baby showers, anniversaries, birthdays and other social events. Our award winning team brings legendary Italian cuisine and exceptional service to your home or your preferred venue.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Limoncello - Chester Springs reviews from OpenTable diners
236 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (115)good for groups (103)special occasion (93)fit for foodies (92)great for outdoor dining (50)vibrant bar scene (48)romantic (47)hot spot (46)notable wine list (45)great for lunch (41)kid-friendly (23)great for brunch (15)late-night find (8)scenic view (2)Show More
- Patience required, but the food is worth it!JustaFamilyGuyDined on 11/21/2014Arrived to poor greeting staff who took our name, then starred down at a computer screen, finally turning away to another screen behind, and never said anything else. We had reservations and were about 5 minutes early. We waiting until 15 minutes after, as many parties after us had been seated and were told the people at our table were still there and we had to wait till they left. Finally seated about 25 minutes after our reservation time. The waiter was great, apologizing, and later in the evening offer complimentary dessert to take home for the trouble. Would have liked to see a manager to discuss our greeting, but it was a nice gesture. Food was outstanding, although initially my wife was given the wrong meal, but by the time we got the waiters attention and he acknowledged the mistake, a kitchen staffer was right behind him with the correct meal. Overall with some patience, I would say the meal was worth it, but at the price point of this restaurant I expect better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great againJbcjrfDined on 11/20/2014Only been to this location a few times and the service is outstanding. Food is great. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GWK1VIPDined on 11/15/2014I heard nothing but good things about Limoncello (Chester Springs), even though we live in West Chester we made the drive to CS for dinner. I indicated in my reservation under special note, it was our Anniversary. We got the table for (2) closest to door, my wife ordered the fish special of the night and the fish was under cooked, service was slooow all night long and then to top it off the dessert we ordered (5 mins later) we were informed they ran out! Needless to say we went to another resturant in WC for our Anniversay dessert. I think everyone has a choice all their own, I am just saying this location will not be mine!Special Features:
- Another great night out at Limoncello!LewisDined on 11/15/2014My wife and I really enjoy Limoncello. We’re so glad there is a place around the corner from us and we don’t have to travel into West Chester. We’ve been here a number of times and will continue to go back so long as the Lobster Ravioli plate stays on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service needs some workMattDined on 11/15/2014Waiter wasn't that great this time. Forgot the bread, was slow with drinks. 3 of us got the same dinner and one of them came out looking much smaller than the other 2. He was quick with the limoncello shots at least.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/15/2014We celebrated Mom's birthday. The food was outstanding -- fresh, flavorful and attractively presented. Mom raved about the Lobster Ravioli. Our server also helped to make the evening special with her attention to detail and helpful suggestions. Thank you, Limoncello! We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at the restaurantTonyDined on 11/15/2014This was my first time to limoncello. Everything about my dinner was excellent. We had a table of six, three adults and three children. All of us had a stellar meal. The waitress and her help were above and beyond all other restaurants. Food is excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/14/2014Pasta is very good, however, the pizza has no flavor at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Exceptional Service, ComfortableGreatDined on 11/13/2014We came in at 8 sat in the bar and had apps and drinks, then moved to a table to get a quieter environment. The bar is lively the dining room better for conversation. I have the veal and it was a bit dry but it was late, we were some of the last meals prepared that evening. Even with that the flavor was excellent and the service was outstanding. If I would have said something they would have taken care of it. I have gone to both locations several time and find them both excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DfromDelawareVIPDined on 11/12/2014great food great service wonderful atmosphere every visit better than the lastSpecial Features:
- foodie mommommommomDined on 11/11/2014Food was good, long wait, came home with wrong left overs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/10/2014Large portion size Fish over cooked Potatoes cold Presentation very good
- Great Italian!StephDined on 11/9/2014Great food and free limincello shots for dessert! The waitress was a little slow to attend to us at the start but did a fine job otherwise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!MaggieDined on 11/9/2014Great Ambience. Great service. Great food. An all around wonderful experience! I would definitely recommend this restaurant to family and friends.Special Features:
- noiseLafayetteHillLawyerVIPDined on 11/8/2014Great food but at 7:30 on a Saturday night it was too noisy for me to hear anyone at my table. It started to quiet down around 9:00.Special Features:
- Dinner with kidsgingswingsDined on 11/7/2014The food and services were outstanding. Our teenage children had large portion sizes and there was lots of choices for all stages of the meal. Activity level in the restaurant was high, certainly would return. If you are looking for quiet this is probably not the place unless you get a table in the corner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place to eatrolledacesDined on 11/1/2014The restaurant has a vibrant scene on a Saturday night. The ambiance and decor are very nice. The food selection is decent with good portion sizes. Our entrees were significantly delayed due to some issues with the kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Felt rush during dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 11/1/2014We were a table of two and it seemed like dinner was rushed. We were in and out in under an hour. The entrée of the limoncello chicken was not really hot when it came out and the linguine was not cooked even to al dente. The gnocchi's were average at best and the sauce was not a red one but in a brown type of sauce. I have eaten several times at the other location and the food is always good. I wonder if the chefs are not of the same calibre as the location in West Chester.
- Two times a charmDaveDined on 10/31/2014We ate at the West Chester site first and then here at Chester Springs to compare. I'm happy to say the same high standard of food applies and here you have the added delight of a very comfortable environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a visitGNOorganizerDined on 10/31/2014Food is great. Ordered from happy hour menu and the choices are perfect. Great prices and selection should meet most diners needs. Try the calamari it's enough to share. The seared scallops were excellent. Will be visiting again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- karmarDined on 10/28/2014The food is always good and fresh. The service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Buffet Lunch DisappointingJCextonDined on 10/28/2014We arrived only 15 minutes after the start of the buffet lunch began and most of the food was cold. Cold pizza and just warm entrees. We even asked the person manning the pizza oven to heat up a couple slices. The salmon was very tasty, but only warm. The chicken was only legs and thighs, no white meat, and again.. only warm. How can the food not be warm at the begging of the lunch? Nice place, good service.. disappointing food.
- Fun birthday dinner!KinPhillyDined on 10/26/2014Several acquaintances recommended this place to me. I told my husband that I wanted to go there for my birthday. The meal completely lived up to those recommendations! We shared the clams oreganata appetizer and had different veal dishes. Everything was delicious and well-presented. We also enjoyed the complimentary bruscetta that started our meal and the complimentary limoncello that concluded our meal. We expect to return in the future!Special Features:
- Good food and good servicemelombaDined on 10/25/2014Our table for 4 was put in a room with two big parties. Luckilly one of the parties did not start while we were there. The party that was seated was 10 plus two babies. Would have preferred not being put in a room with babies. Other than that our table was okay and the food and service were above average. Will come again at some point.Special Features:
- dinetimedinetimeDined on 10/24/2014Dinner was fantastic as usual and Dan and Mike's service was outstanding.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014Food and service very good Had a table by the bar and service center noisy and little atmosphereI would recommend this to a friend.
- service great food okkuppieDined on 10/24/2014Service we got was very good, very attentive. I ordered lasagna, tasted rubbery. Friend had mussels, smelled very offputting. Deserts were very good. Overall I think it was a bad night for the kitchen.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food - Bad ServiceRancineCDined on 10/24/2014We were at Limoncello Chester Springs at 6:30 PM on a Friday night- place was fairly crowded already, took forever to get bread - had to ask 2 times for it - even for a seconds. Got the complimentary brushetta they usually give you when you first sit down halfway into the meal. Out of 6 diners, 4 of us got our entrees - had to wait a good 10 minutes for the other 2 entrees to come out. Hard to flag our waitress down to even say we didn't get the rest of our party's food.Food is VERY good and they give you plenty of it - so that is always a good thing. Not sure why our experience was so bad this night - at 6:30 pm on a FRIDAY! We will go back to the restaurant but will pull a manager over next time if we have the same experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay experience, okay foodcasualdinerDined on 10/24/20144 of the 5 of us had the special and it was dry. The key lime cheesecake wasn't good but the limoncello cake was divine. Service was good, despite how crowded and noisy it was.Special Features:
- Never DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014We frequent Limoncello as a family and have never been disappointment with the service or the food. Fresh pasta, fresh seafood, good drinks and a nice atmosphere. I would rather spend a bit more and get this level of service and food than take our family to a chain restaurant and get less of both.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014The food and service was outstanding. The portion size was large. You will not leave hungry! The lobster mash potato's were excellent. As well as the whole dinner! For a Tuesday night it was vibrant hot spot. A little hard to hear above the noise of others but it seem to be a happening place. Can't wait to eat there again. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wait for your ReservationKecLVIPDined on 10/18/2014Great Italian food, but even with a reservation you're going to wait 45 minutes for your table. And, forget about waiting with a drink in your hand. They form a line at the bar because they do not have the staff to handle 3 deep of all who are waiting for a table. Really! Single file please.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, even during peak hours!MichaelVIPDined on 10/18/2014Dining at 7:00 PM on a Saturday night can be a challenge, but they somehow pull it off. Don't get me wrong- there are some minor hiccups. The Caesar Salad was served on a hot plate just out of the dishwasher, and my shoes stuck to the floor in spots. All signs of folks moving at the speed of light. Somehow it works.Special Features:
- Excellent food and servicehowardpoVIPDined on 10/18/2014We never have to return food at Limoncello. Tonight, though, one of us ordered the Pork Chop which, while presented well was a bit dry. The manager came over, was apologetic and immediately removed it from the bill. He explained that they may be removing it from the menu because others have complained as well. All in all a great experience.Special Features:
- First time at Chester SpringFoodie520Dined on 10/16/2014We always eat at the West Chester location. It has a little more of a home-like feel. The dinner was better but the apps tasted the same. The service is a bit more attentive but Chester Springs had typical service. We'll keep it on the list for when we don't want to drive the extra 10 minutes to West Chester.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/15/2014We have eaten in both Limoncello locations and, while we prefer the ambiance in their West Chester restaurant, the food is excellent in both places. We generally eat in the Chester Springs location for lunch and have never been disappointed! The salads, pastas, sandwiches and pizza are always top notch and even though I'm not a huge fan of buffets, their selection is always delicious and varied. Our server yesterday was Deborah and even though she had many tables to "juggle" she was courteous, prompt and helpful. We will continue to count Limoncello as one of our favorite restaurants.Special Features:
- Delicious But RushedAnnDonDined on 10/11/2014We had a delicious meal on October 11th. This was our first time at the Chester Springs location. We had reservations and were seated within 5 minutes of arrival. Service was prompt, the drinks were refreshing, and the food was exceptional. Limoncello's is the type of place you would select for a special occasion such as a birthday or anniversary. Fine dining for those occasions should be slow and relaxing: we were left 1:15 after we walked. Tables are close and the interior materials do not absorb the sound of hundreds of voices, so the inside is noisy. For these reasons, we did not rate it "romantic".Our preference is the West Chester location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodjajhDined on 10/11/2014Always enjoy our visits to this restaurant. The food is excellent, but the night we were there it was extremely noisy, and very crowded. This was at a 6PM reservation time. But we will definitely go back again. Our waiter Ben was very good but seemed to have too many tables to wait on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good mealDiningOutDined on 10/11/2014We have been to Limoncello many times and always have had great service and a good meal. Great specials and large portions. Love the calamari!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014I asked via open table for a quiet table to celebrate my mother's 75th birthday. My father is hearing impaired. They did not disappoint! They even remembered it was her birthday and put a candle in her pie without being asked!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.