4021 Beltline Road #101
Addison, TX 75001Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.leftyslobster.com/
- Phone: 9727749518x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Francisco Panales
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Gus or Chris 9727749518x
A word from Lefty's
Lefty's is Addison's only "East Coast" seafood restaurant and regular hangout for sports figures, celebrities and chefs. Lefty's serves the freshest fish, superb hand cut steaks, live lobsters, king crab legs, cold water oysters, clams, pasta and the chef's fabulous daily specials. Lefty’s offers an excellent wine list and a cozy well stocked bar. Lefty's "a neighborhood joint with world class food" operated by the Papageorge family renowned for the finest food, service and atmosphere since 1910.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Lefty's - Best Restaurants in Addison ›
Lefty's reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (56)fit for foodies (33)special occasion (30)good for groups (25)hot spot (17)great for lunch (17)notable wine list (12)romantic (12)vibrant bar scene (12)kid-friendly (11)late-night find (7)great for brunch (6)scenic view (3)Show More
- luvthisplaceluvthisplaceDined on 10/20/2014Lefty's has superb food, excellent appetizers, soup is great, entrees are delicious and great value. The desserts are fantastic and homemade.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood DinnerKKdineoutDined on 10/17/2014I love the Lobster at this restaurant. It's cooked just right. My Mother had the crab legs which were also good. The only thing I don't like about this restaurant is the smoke from the bar area and the noise level.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeluvthisplaceDined on 10/15/2014the food was served hot and promptly. the service was absolutely outstanding. Bruno was our server and he was fantastic. We all had lobster and it is succulent and tender, perfectly cooked. I have eaten lobster at much more expensive restaurants, but they could not surpass Lefty's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top of the game!MikeyGDined on 10/13/2014Although one of my favorites, distance and cost (although very reasonable) make our visits somewhat infrequent. When I read that lobster (favorite) was on special on Mondays in October, I couldn't resist and made the trek to Addison to satiate my crusto-addiction. Always fresh, succulent lobster served with great baked potato, corn on Cobb or broccoli priced in low $20 range. Outstanding lobster bisque too! Others in party have enjoyed seafood pasta, fish etc. Not fancy by any means, the food, great service and casual ambience make for a favored experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/13/2014Food & service great as usual...Lobster Madness is an outstanding value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boil vs Steamed LobsterITryNewRestaurantsDined on 10/13/2014I guess I prefer steamed lobster and Lefty's obviously chooses to boil. I cracked open the first claw and immediately my plate was inundated with the boiling liquid. Luckily the side plates are like a small bowl and I was able to drain it all off into that container but my potato was still soggy! That said, the taste was good and the price was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and funcolonial815VIPDined on 10/11/2014Lefty's is a little hidden gem. I would have never found this place but for the reviews online and that they take opentable reservations. The server was friendly, genuine, and helpful. He made some awesome recommendations and really seemed to care about our food quality and our satisfaction. He was attentive without being too stressy. The food, wow. We had the lobster bisque, crab fingers, Lefty's pasta, and the filet. The pasta was a standout. Huge portion and so, so delicious. The steak was cooked a perfect medium and cut like butter. When in Dallas, go to Lefty's! They will not disappoint.Special Features:
- Back from the pastviperDined on 10/8/2014I moved back to Dallas and wanted to go to one of my past favorite places. It was just as I remembered 15 years ago. The lobster was excellent and the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not quite a good as I expectedfishfoodieDined on 9/28/2014I was a little disappointed with our dining experience after reading the rave reviews. It was good, but not the best I've ever had. Several dishes were just a little "off" The lobster was tasty, but a little tough. The Ahi was cooked, not rare. We had a choice of corn on cob or broccoli with our baked potato as sides-not much of a choice. The lobster bisque didn't have any lobster. Some very good items-crab cake was wonderful. Stuffed lobster and stuffed snapper-very good. We will try again, but maybe make different choices next time. Very friendly staff and fun neighborhood feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemShaySVIPDined on 9/26/2014This place has been in business for over 19 years and they have never advertised. It's truly word of mouth! Both the service and food are OUTSTANDING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentSueChimneyDined on 9/19/2014The food and service was awesome. It was the best from the crab cocktail to the lobster to the key lime pie. We had such a great time and we weren't rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ggoodlin3Dined on 9/19/2014Excellent Seafood at very reasonable prices with excellent serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemkinserzDined on 9/19/2014Saw great reviews on Yelp and thought it was worth a try. Went with a group for company lunch and was very impressed with the quality of food and service. Location is not very good and their was construction happening near their parking lot, but it was very much worth it! Would go again.Special Features:
- Great food, service & wineBiloniousVIPDined on 9/18/2014We had a great time chowing on fantastic sea food! Our waiter, Brendan, was very charming and helpful, accommodating a few special requests, and his wine recommendations were spot on! Our group ordered a range of entrees from both the specials and regular menu, and we were all very pleased! On the table, we had lobster, shrimp, halibut, chicken parmesan, chowder, lobster bisque and Lefty's pasta, and everyone was very excited to share bites and show off the quality of each selection. If you want great seafood and great wine to match, without pretension, this place is a friendly, comfortable spot that you'll want to come back to again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!MacandCheeseDined on 9/18/2014We had been meaning to try Lefty's for a time. Finally got to try with friends of ours- the wife is from the Notheast and is used to exceptionally fresh seafood. We were not disappointed in the selection and the quality of the seafood. Will definitely be returning to try more of the menu.Special Features:
- Top 25 for sureuniqueinindyDined on 9/13/2014Excellent food, excellent value. I had scallops - which were prepared perfectly! My son had the "cull" lobster (his first lobster) and really enjoyed the meal. Great local "feel" and ambiance. Service was great, and complete staff were welcoming, friendly, and helpful. Would suggest to all for sure.Special Features:
- Date night first time thereDiningoutDined on 9/12/2014We went on our date night and found it perfect. We will be back to try the other dishes on the menu. We will be telling our other (couple) friends about it and also going with them for an evening with them to visit, hangout and enjoy the evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster, Lobster, Lobster!!!!!LobstaLuvvaDined on 9/6/2014If you can't get up to Maine, then this is the next place around here to get a real lobster fix.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great overall!ChuzeeDined on 9/6/2014Third time to Lefty's. Food is always great. Service is always great. It has an east coast feel. We love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, but smokyMikeVIPDined on 9/5/2014We went to Lefty's based on the reviews and the food was pretty good. The steak and lobster were both better than average and the service was very good. However, there is a bar inside the restaurant and smoking is allowed at that bar. The evening we ate there had a fair amount of smokers and that somewhat ruined the meal.
- I Lilke Lefty'sscauseyDined on 8/31/2014Price was reasonable for lobster. It was cooked right and tasted good. Not the best I've had but good. Lobster Bisque was average. Good atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistentdoug123Dined on 8/28/2014We eat at Lefty's a few times a year and always wonder when we are leaving why we don't come here more often. The food is always great and the service is excellent. Our last visit we had Brent and he was a charmer. Quick service, professional demeanor, and most importantly a great personality. And he gives you honest feedback on the specials. We always get annoyed when the waitstaff just says everything is great. And of course he stated "in his opinion" which is what we are asking for. Fun night and a relaxing dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodLlbbtx1Dined on 8/28/2014Lefty's has been around for a long time and continues to serve good food in a nice, friendly environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great!TxpupsDined on 8/23/2014Always great food and service. Friendly neighborhood hidden gem. Fresh seafood and delicious steaks and chicken. Generous portions and great weekly/daily specials on fresh catch items. One of our favorite weekend dining spots for years.Special Features:
- Great Service!ShaySVIPDined on 8/20/2014Lefty's has the absolute best customer service with a smile. They are always glad to see you and welcome you to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemShaySVIPDined on 8/19/2014Lefty's in a hidden gem in Addison! They don't have to market, word of mouth in working for them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dedaDined on 8/17/2014Eat here often and are NEVER disappointed in the food! Service can be slow at times ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservation is meaninglessOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/16/2014The food is great, but we were seated an hour after out reservation time. Very enjoyable meal, but just be ready to wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnonymousDined on 8/16/2014Fun place with great food and service! Coconut pie is the best! Noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014Perfect anytime, especially for a romantic dinner. Very personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014Every time we go to Lefty's it's delicious. The best clam chowder and crab claws.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemCarlaGeeVIPDined on 8/12/2014Lefty's is really a hidden gem. GREAT food; and a very friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lefty's is greatss66Dined on 8/8/2014Great seafood at a reasonable price. Stuffed snapper was outstanding as was Lefty's pasta. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way too noisykirkwobDined on 8/8/2014This place started off wrong from the beginning. We could not hear each other from across the table. Waiter even had problem hearing us. They didn't have my wife's first two drink choices and while they had one of my favorite wines, I would not say they have a "notable" wine list. It was not a good place to take my wife after being out of town for two weeks. After all that, the food was OK and the service was adequate.
- Zack19ZackDined on 8/2/2014I love it here. Everything is always good. Be sure to try the puff pastry appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoxyDined on 8/2/2014Food was great and they accommodated the special seating request which was much appreciated. It's a small, very busy little restaurant, and thus the noise level is pretty high so where we were seated on the outer part of the dining area was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014will eat here again. great lobster bisque and snow crabSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindBillDined on 8/1/2014We've eaten here twice, both special occasions and will continue to go back. Our favorite, the lobster. It is loud, and sometimes quite busy especially on a weekend.Special Features:
- Best casual seafood in townCelebrationDined on 7/29/2014Wouldn't go anywhere else for lo BBC ster. O t steps even out of season were amazing. Owner and chef are very particular about what they bring in. I had soft shell crab. Out of this worldSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good FoodSkyGodSamDined on 7/27/2014I recently went to Lefty's because everywhere was packed. Had been before, but it's been a while. Was reminded again of the outstanding food. Will definitely have to start going there again...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.