Le Club Chasse et Peche
Montreal, QC H2Y 3B6Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: CAN$51 and over
Le Club Chasse et Peche
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://leclubchasseetpeche.com/
- Phone: (514) 861-1112
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Counter Seating, Full Bar
A word from Le Club Chasse et Peche
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Le Club Chasse et Peche - Best Restaurants in Old Montreal ›
Le Club Chasse et Peche reviews from OpenTable diners
139 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (113)fit for foodies (108)notable wine list (89)romantic (81)neighborhood gem (31)hot spot (23)good for groups (14)late-night find (11)great for lunch (4)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Excellent RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014Very good restaurant. The food was excellent. The service was wonderful. Great menu of wine. I recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't judge this Resto by its name20penniesDined on 11/18/2014A gem well hidden at the old port. Very romantic ambiance and food are delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!FamilyGodinDined on 11/15/2014The service was classy, discreet and always effective. The food was exceptional and awesome with a particular attention to the presentation of all dishes. The dining room is beautiful. The wine list will satisfy all lovers of good wine. Special thanks to the master hotel Mr.Lambert and the server Jean-François.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/14/2014Great place, great food, great service! Don't need to say more...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best I've found in MontrealOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 11/12/2014In a city where one would anticipate wonderful food, this restaurant stands out for the quality of everything on its menu. This was my second visit, and it was every bit as pleasurable as the first. The menu isn't large - perhaps 8 appetizers and 8 entrees - but there is sufficient variety within those choices to pick a personal winner. The waitstaff is excellent - friendly and casual but knowledgeable (especially about the stellar wine list) not intrusive or inappropriate. Highly highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Un coup sûr!DannyDined on 11/11/2014Toujours une expérience formidable ...accueil, menu, service, ambiance, c'est toujours parfait! Merci à Lambert et à son équipe extraordinaire. Natacha&DannySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but lacking somethingWoncoVIPDined on 11/8/2014I've been to Club Chasse & Peche a couple of times now. This would be my least favorite experience. The food was good, but I felt fairly ignored by most of the staff. It just seemed like the other tables were more fussed over and taken care of. Despite ordering appetizers, entrees, and desserts, we didn't seem that important. I'm disappointed as this is one of my husband's favorite restaurants and we were celebrating his birthday.Special Features:
- Excellent food in quiet settingsbartdagDined on 11/8/2014The food was excellent: the way the meat and fish are cook is really amazing. The cerf/veal/lobster were all perfectly cooked.Special Features:
- Amazing place!LovetheplaceDined on 11/7/2014Great food, great service, great wine, great atmosphere, an all around winner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine DiningReachinDined on 11/7/2014This restaurant gave me one of the finest dining experiences I have ever experienced.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/4/2014I guess sugar on scallops, cold bread and desert without much taste and with less sugar than scallops had - was just not my thing. Service was outstanding and excellent wine list.Special Features:
- michaelDined on 11/1/2014Menu was not so easy for understanding. But stewards were able to explain, what is inside each of the dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- World classMMCAVIPDined on 11/1/2014One of the best restaurants anywhere. Risotto with fois gras shavings was ridiculously good. Venison was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014repas et soirée remarquables en compagnie de collègues européens qui se sont déclarés absolument enchantés de la qualité des mets et du service.Special Features:
- Beautiful foodNMRenglandDined on 10/25/2014Food was outstanding and service impeccable. Good choice of wines by the glass. Altogether a memorable dining experience- highly recommended.Special Features:
- Favorite RestaurantMdostieDined on 10/25/2014The risotto and scallops starters are to die for. This is hands down our favorite restaurants in Montreal. Service is outstanding and food is out of this world.Special Features:
- Excellent meal in Old MontrealOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/25/2014Went with my husband and 21 year old daughter. The room was perfect for us; club like atmosphere with very comfortable leather chairs and feeling of enough room between tables. Only negative comment is that the hostess was very brusque and not very welcoming but once in all was wonderful. Our waiter was very knowledgable and attentive and friendly. Our food was spectacular, most notably the Chasse at Peche which was lobster tail on veal that night. The best lobster I have ever tasted. I was a wonderful experience for the three of us. We have to opportunity to dine in Montreal a couple of time throughout the year and will definitely come back to this restaurant.Special Features:
- PerfectAnikDined on 10/24/2014Tout était parfait ! Au delà de nos attentes! Tous nos plats étaient delicieux et le service incroyable. Nous avons déjà passé le not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodieDined on 10/24/2014Very nice restaurant with good environment. better try the special of the day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner to never forgetBassamDined on 10/23/2014This was our 1st time visit. Excellent menu choices and wine list. Service is impeccable, merci Philippe for making our night memorable. The food is close to perfection and desserts too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellent!MadisonDined on 10/18/2014High standard of food and service. One of the best in Montreal!Special Features:
- 14 on a scale of 1-10MizJanieVIPDined on 10/17/2014Our private tour guide was dumbstruck over the fact that we had found this property on our own and that we had actually been able to secure a table! As we dined we understood why. From the time we were seated until we passed over the threshold back to the street, we were mesmerized by the service and the food. We were prepared for an incredible adventure and we were not disappointed. From the foie gras to the Bomb dessert our taste buds had a most hedonistic excursion. I was heady between my martini and the wine but, I am sure that we had no less than 8 attentive servers. I have never experienced anything like this before. If you are in Montreal, get in and experience this culinary masterpiece for yourself.Special Features:
- DanielJDanielJDined on 10/17/2014Great presentation and ambiance. As main course, my wife and I had the "surf and turf" special - lobster over a slice of filet with a very delicate sauce - excellent and a little different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A "Must Do" ExperienceSOCandKOCDined on 10/11/2014Le Club Chasse et Peche was one of the most wonderful dining experience we've ever had. The food was superb and perfectly prepared with a stylistic presentation, service was excellent and overall dining experience a 10 out of 10. The wine list was extensive and impressive. The atmosphere was comfortable and romantic, perfect for a special occasion. You must make a reservation in advance, otherwise, it will be impossible to get in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Da BombTorontoFoodie101Dined on 10/10/2014Le Club Chasse et Peche delivered a great meal. Appetizers, mains and dessert were all creative, top quality and absolutely delicious. Save room for dessert - the Bomb was the best I've had in a while. Wines suggested for pairing were all great too. Service was excellent throughout the night. Busy enough to have high energy but not loud - perfect for conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExtraordinaryPtownmanDined on 10/9/2014The food and service here are outstanding. Everything was delicious and our waiter was clearly a well seasoned professional aided by a young staff that was equally good. Everything was delicious and served at a nice pace. The restaurant is below ground so the dining rooms are fairly dark with low ceilings. We were seated in the bar dining room which was still quiet and pleasant although I would request another dining room on my next visit. Will surely be back next time I visit Montreal.Special Features:
- Special anniversary dinnerHankDined on 10/8/2014Delightful once you get there. Between the road works and a cinema shoot session in the neighbourhood, getting there and parking was not easy. Service was friendly and ambiance quite noisy with several business gatherings. Would return for a very special occasion. Wine list was extremely expensive and affordable wine for those not on an expense account was hard to find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OMG! Amazing!TanyaVIPDined on 10/4/2014I went to this restaurant last Saturday. It was so delicious! We both had the specials on the menu. He had surf and turf and I had lobster cakes (like crab cakes). The portions were very good as I didn't get an app and I was full afterwards (but I don't eat a lot to begin with). Everything from my husbands apps to dessert ... oMg, the dessert ... was incredible! I'm from Toronto and I would go back to Montreal just to eat here again. Can't say enough great things about this place.Special Features:
- sanjuanDined on 10/3/2014A wonderful experience with outstanding food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Value for money.rynieDined on 10/2/2014The food was fantastic with great attention to detail. My waiter had great knowledge of the menu item which is rarely seen in most restaurants these days. Great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/27/2014Location in Old Montreal was perfect. The service was top notch. But the show stopper was the food. It was out of this world fantastic. The piglet risotto with foie gras shavings was the best I've ever tasted! And the surf and turf......i wanted to lick the plate it was so good. The downside....it's pricey but worth every penny.Special Features:
- AmazingFOODLOVERVIPDined on 9/27/2014Food and service were everything we were promised by previous reviews. Seated promptly. Service was outstanding. Very small menu but good, solid choices and execution. Must have the scallops and lobster ravioli. Servers were friendly and efficient. Innovative presentation and use of sauces. We will be back...Special Features:
- Memorable meal!torontofoodieDined on 9/26/2014We just visited Le Club Chasse et Peche on Friday night. The service, food and atmosphere were outstanding. We were celebrating a special birthday and couldn't think of a better spot to celebrate. Thank you!Special Features:
- Great Food As AlwaysryanDined on 9/26/2014The food was SPECTACULAR as always (about my 8th or 9th time here) as was the service. The waitress was helpful with the wine list, and the portions were perfect. In a rare event the electricity went out at the end of the night due to what I believe was an accident down the road, but as we had already finished everything except for our bottle of wine, it didn't really take away from the experience. In fact, the staff was very nice and helpful seeing us around the dark restaurant and it made for a entertaining end to the evening. I would highly recommend C&P to anyone. Great for a special occasion, or if you're just in the mood for some of the best food the city has to offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was impeccable, cuisine & staff!TopKatDined on 9/25/2014Impeccable your staff's warmth & professionalism almost exceeds the cuisine !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A terrific restaurantLucyAtableDined on 9/23/2014My husband and I were in Montreal for the week and were very fortunate to learn about the place on TripAdvisor. The meal was superb, as was the service. My husband had the foie gras and said it was marvelous. I had the hamachi and was subtle and perfect. We both had the Arctic char and it redefined the dish. Mt MY husband had a terrific maple bombe with berry sauce and chocolate shavings - terrific. All in it was a memorable evening!!!Special Features:
- luxury experiencefishfaceVIPDined on 9/23/2014great food, not the typical menu, with service attentive without being overbearing, a special placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food, super friendly staffopamusician81Dined on 9/20/2014We totally lover this cozy place, where food is taken to supreme level of art! Very romantic place and the server we had was so amazingly warm-hearted and just so helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the partridge and stay a whileAmberVIPDined on 9/20/2014Love the vibe – effortlessly intimate and sexy with enough space between tables so that you feel a part of the restaurant while still maintaining your privacy. Our waiter was excellent and we enjoyed our meal. Desserts were a little lackluster, but the stuffed partridge – a special for the evening – was flavorful with perfectly crisped skin, very representative of the "Chasse" part of the restaurant. I loved their salad too – beautiful greens simply dressed with candied pecans and fresh figs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectBrooklynDined on 9/18/2014A kind welcome, prompt seating, respectful but not overbearing service, and of course - over-the-top food was topped off by a very sweet, surprise after-dinner drink to help us celebrate our engagement. A great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.