La Trattoria Oceanside
3593 S Roosevelt Blvd
Key West, FL 33040Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
La Trattoria Oceanside
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.latrattoria.us/
- Phone: (305) 295-6789
- Hours of Operation:
Open 7 nights a week
5pm to 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from La Trattoria Oceanside
Serving Authentic Italian Cuisine in Key West. Overlooking the beautiful and neverending Atlantic Ocean enjoy the ambiance as all of your entrees are prepared to order using only the freshest sesfood and quality ingredients available. After you've had any of our specialty desserts enjoy a romantic stroll along the Atlantic seawall as you watch the beautiful sunset or gaze at the beauty of night, Stars everywhere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
La Trattoria Oceanside - Best Restaurants in Key West ›
La Trattoria Oceanside reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (50)special occasion (39)romantic (36)fit for foodies (22)neighborhood gem (16)good for groups (15)notable wine list (14)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014Great service, wonderful view, and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was trattor-terrible!SusiegeeDined on 11/16/2014I usually don't write reviews but this restaurant is the exception. My husband took me there for my birthday dinner while we were visiting Key West. The service was great but the food was terrible We ordered the bruschetta, chicken parm and linguine ai vongole. None of the dishes were worthy of an Italian restaurant. My husband promised me a 'do over' birthday dinner in Miami the next evening
- It stands out in Key WestHowardDined on 11/15/2014There are too many restaurants catering to the tourist and locals, but only a handful that make it a delight to return time and again. I am never disappointed by "La Trot".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal/service. Questionable seating practice.larryDined on 11/13/2014The food and service were excellent. The pricing was reasonable. Great atmosphere. However, I made reservations for 6PM and requested window seating with ocean view. Arrived a few minutes early and were the only customers in the restaurant. We were taken to a 2-person table that met our requirements but was in a cramped configuration near a divider wall. When we told them we would like another, roomier table they immediately complied with an excellent 2-seat table. 15 or 20 minutes a second customer couple arrived and they were placed at a similar cramped ... but not the same table ... on the opposite of the restaurant. The 3rd customer couple who arrived were seated at the table we rejected. At this point there were a total of 6 people in the entire restaurant and two were at cramped tables with several much nicer tables empty. I know restaurants tend to do this but this seemed an extreme on a very slow night. There were still several empty window tables when we left. So ... if you go make sure you insist on a good table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely rendezvous-vousFreddyVIPDined on 11/12/2014La Trattoria Oceanside has become a place where our family heads to spend relaxed evenings and enjoy one another's company. The food is far anove what that expression often means, but it is our comfort food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!Davie123Dined on 11/10/2014We were in Key West for business and staying at a nearby hotel. We chose the restaurant based on positive reviews as well as proximity to the hotel and we were not disappointed. The hostess was very friendly and professional and deftly accommodated our unexpected additional guests so we had a nice table for six. Service was good as was the food. Noise level was low enough that we could all hear each other and converse. Would definitely eat there again.Special Features:
- Top NotchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014La Trattoria Oceanside is an excellent relatively upscale but reasonably priced restaurant overlooking the ocean. Food, service, and ambiance are all excellent. We are local to the area and recently took some visiting friends for dinner. They were blown away. If this isn't the best Italian restaurant in the lower Keys, I certainly don't know what is. The seafood ravioli is a particularly noteworthy dish.Special Features:
- YolyOVIPDined on 10/29/2014Absolutely gorgeous view of the ocean! The food was all delicious and the service perfect. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- DisappointedlocaldinerDined on 10/15/2014Beautiful views of the ocean. Staff was most cordial. Prices would be acceptable if the food was okay. It was not. Our waiter never even bothered to ask if we were happy with our meals.Special Features:
- Phenominal Dinnernavi8orDined on 10/13/2014We picked this restaurant at the last minute to celebrate and we were pleasantly surprised by what we found. Excellent service, amazing food offerings, and an excellent wine list. The pasta dishes my wife and friends ordered were all excellent, and the rack of lamb I had is simply the best I've had in a long time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 70th birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Wonderful!!! They were most obliging and helped me celebrate a traumatic birthday. The waiters were very pleasant, and the hostess was charming. The food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite date nightKeywestfredDined on 10/9/2014As usual, La Trat was a wonderful experience. Food, service, and ambiance - everything was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Liked it a lot!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/7/2014The food, service, and setting were all wonderful. A nice change from the tumult of Duval Street area.Special Features:
- My favoriteOdetteSBVIPDined on 10/5/2014We were visiting Key West for a week and researched trip advisor and open table for dining spots. Our friends expect the best when dining out, and La Trattoria Oceanside did not disappoint. We shared the bruschetta to start, and then all moved onto salads. The main courses for the four of us were yummy! Wine selection was wonderful. Definitely would return and would recommend.Special Features:
- staff overwhelmed, food mediocrecm4755Dined on 10/4/2014We had a disappointing visit to this restaurant, which I've liked in the past. First, the servers were overwhelmed on a busy Saturday night. Consequently, the meal took a long time -- two hours for three courses. My hogfish was dominated by its bacon cream sauce. My husband enjoyed his fra diavolo. Mom's filet looked good. The caprese salad is oddly accompanied by olives and the tomato was supermarket quality. The view is great so make a reservation to sit in the front room and go early to enjoy.Special Features:
- I love ItalianSuzyqVIPDined on 10/3/2014I love their Italian food and the other dishes looked wonderful too. Our waiter was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never FailsJayeDined on 9/30/2014The food is always superb with no off nights no matter how many times I dine - Special Birthday dinner and you guys made the night memorable. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food with a viewBibliobabeDined on 9/28/2014Excellent higher end Italian food - very good service. The food is always well-prepared & delicious. And the bread - sinful! The dessert menu is routine, but again, well-prepared. A down-side is the noise level can be unpleasant. Like most Key West restaurants little attention was given to acoustics. That being said, the fabulous ocean view and the food make us regulars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome sauce!SugarLoaferVIPDined on 9/18/2014La Trat Oceanside is a beautiful room, and the view of the Atlantic Ocean is unparalleled. The service was quick, but we never felt rushed; the appetizers and dinners were superb. Spaghetti Bolognese and Tortellini Romana did not disappoint. The servings are generous; we both took home enough for lunch the next day.Special Features:
- Nice eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014Wonderful Italian food. Service a little slow. Think we got there just a s they got Slammed. We are locals, and we go there often. Always great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Key ItalianjojomasDined on 9/11/2014Bread with olive oil and cheese was delicious; slow to bring our drinks had to remind waiter. Also asked for linguini side and got penne , forgot green bean side also. Menu had 1 price for veal and we were charged another priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/8/2014Great martinis to start, and consistently great entrees and desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy birthday to meJayeDined on 9/3/2014It was the best! I don't think I even got older! And the birthday dessert was a great surprise and incredible presentationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef isn't ItalianLuvitalianDined on 8/31/2014Certainly below average food quality. Go anywhere else.Special Features:
- Very very special!KeysgramDined on 8/28/2014We always enjoy this setting, with lovely ocean views, great service, great food. Whether we share with friends or dine alone, we always enjoy our dining experience.Special Features:
- A wonderful dining experience...mjOnTheBayDined on 8/18/2014We are from Rockport, Texas and vacation in Key West every couple of years... On our last visit here we "discovered" La Trattoria Oceanside and loved it. Now that we're back in Key West again we knew where we wanted to go for fine dining. The restaurant did not disappoint! Our waitress was excellent and the food was sublime! We would highly recommend La Trattoria Oceanside and plan on coming back ourselves time after time. Thanks for a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite SpotdezigDined on 8/16/2014We had early reservations, and my husband was disappointed that his favorite dish , scallops, was not available so early in the night. After he finished pouting, he ordered the nightly fish special, the night was saved.Special Features:
- An excellent dinnerKeywestfredDined on 8/13/2014Once again, we had an excellent evening at La Trat. Food, service and ambiance- all excellent.Special Features:
- FoodSNOOKUMS1Dined on 8/8/2014We have been going to La Trott for over 20 years downtown. This location is a joke in the consistency of the food. Great amostphere and great staff but food isn't as good as the downtown location. It is a disappointment. I am in the food business all my life and the food really needs to improve or I cannot feel comfortable recommending it to others. C'mon new owners. Have some pride in the food.!
- Family gatheringKwtrifectaDined on 8/4/2014We were a party of 6 locals and had a great time. Food and dessert were amazing but it must have been a very new bartender because the drinks were terrible. Both dinner drinks and dessert drinks weren't anywhere near close. Also our server was very hard to understand and didn't come by often. The bus boy was better and more caring than our server.Special Features:
- Worst food and servicekeysgirlDined on 8/2/2014We were a party of 2. The app was not edible. The mushrooms in the app left an unidentifiable taste in our mouths that was not pleasant. The eggplant had a layer of grease on the top. The spaghetti and chicken portions of the chicken entrée were tiny. Unfortunately, the waitress did not visit the table after taking the order. The bill totaled 72$ and we mostly saw the bus boy the entire dinner. We live and work on the island so we choose not to complain.
- Excellent italianNeurobladeVIPDined on 8/2/2014Such good food! Very reasonibje prices, so popular with locals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 119 reviews are from the La Trattoria Oceanside reviews archive.
- RustyDined on 7/25/2014La Trattoria Oceanside is the seaside sister version of its counterpart downtown on Duval Street. Both offer excellent Italian cuisine and service. We favor Oceanside because of its great ocean views and its updated decor. Oceanside has a small bar area which is tucked away toward the back of the restaurant. It is cozy but lacks the great water views. We had the special of the day recently - a wonderfully prepared grouper that was fresh and delicate. It was also a birthday event and they came with cake and a traditional Italian sparkler in the middle. The service was attentive without being intrusive. This was a great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I expected moreRotterdanDined on 7/21/2014Based on their Duval St. Location I expected much more. Honestly the food was great and the waiter was very good, the server that delivered the food was very awkward and clearly uncomfortable interacting with people. The view is amazing however it was not enough to distract me from the numerous plastic plants and unattractive led rope lighting neither which I find appropriate in a fine dining restaurant.Special Features:
- My first bad experienceKeywestfredDined on 7/5/2014I"ve been to La Trattoria many times and I've always had wonderful dinners there. This time, I mistakenly ordered Linguini Aglio e Olio, which I truly love (I order it at Salute's regularly). This was the first time I ordered it at La Trat. The entree came out absolutely laden in burned garlic. I tried a few bites, but the garlic was stronger than anything I have ever experienced. I have a degree in Hotel & Restaurant management and know when a dish is not prepared correctly. When the waiter cleared our table and picked up my almost untouched dish his first question was "Do you want to take this home?", and when I said no, his second question was "So, did you save room for dessert??". Unfortunately, I said no (I had lost my appetite).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sub parConsieur032Dined on 7/3/2014Everything was average at best. Tomatoes on caprasi salad were still green. Carpaccio was thick and fatty. Entree was decent but still average. I wouldn't recommend the restaurant to anyone
- FestiveDie4GodivaDined on 6/29/2014Once again we had a festive dining experience. Great food. Great view. Great Waiter. Who could ask for more?Special Features:
- EllieDined on 6/24/2014Delicious food,very nice and attentive staff..we will be back! :-)
- Great foodAwesomVIPDined on 6/20/2014First visit. My wife and I both had the fish dinners. Snapper and hog fish. Both were fantastic!Special Features:
- ALWAYS A SPECIAL OCCASION HEREDie4GodivaDined on 6/19/2014DINING AT LA TRATTORIA IS ALWAYS A FESTIVE, SPECIAL OCCASION HERE. GREAT SERVICE, EXCELLENT FOOD AND GREAT VIEW. WE LIKE IT BETTER AT LA TRATTORIA OCEANSIDE BECAUSE IT IS QUIETER AND A GENTLE WAY TO SAY GOODBYE TO THE SUNSET WITHOUT ALL THE BUSTLE OF DOWNTOWN KEY WEST.Special Features: