La Galleria 33
125 Salem St.
Boston, MA 02113Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
La Galleria 33
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lagalleria33.com/
- Phone: 6177237233
- Hours of Operation:
Nightly: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Chef's Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a private dining room that seats up to 40 guests.
- Special Events: La Galleria 33 is more than happy to help you plan and accomodate you and your guests for any occassion.
- Public Transit: Take the Orange Line to Haymarket, follow the signs into the North End. We are the last restaurant on the right on Salem St.
Look for the teal neon sign :)
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: We validate parking at Parcel 7 parking garage.
There is also a parking lot on Cooper St. about 2 blocks away from the restaurant.
A word from La Galleria 33
Join Us for Lunch On Saturdays & Sundays from 12 to 4:00 PMContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Galleria 33 reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (33)special occasion (31)romantic (28)fit for foodies (17)good for groups (14)notable wine list (10)scenic view (7)hot spot (4)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- PASTA e FAGIOLI!eatdrinkbemerry5Dined on 9/12/2014The best pasta e fagioli I've ever had and comes in a good portion. Service was good and the inside was nice. Took my parents here for a nice dinner and they loved it. Shrimp parm was very good as well.Special Features:
- EmmaVIPDined on 9/6/2014We always enjoy our evening at La Galleria 33 - consistently very good food and service.Special Features:
- La Galleria 33 is a great findEatwellVIPDined on 9/6/2014My wife and I and two friends had a terrific meal at La Galleria 33 on Salem Street last Saturday evening. The room is very interesting and lovely, the service is outstanding (friendly, knowledgeable, and attentive), and the food is terrific. Moreover, the prices are very reasonable. I am very glad that we "discovered" it, a mere block away from too-busy Hanover Street.Special Features:
- Great experience & valueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Prices are fantastic for the quality food and wine. This is a great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian resturantBillDined on 8/30/2014The food was great. But for an Italian resturant to give about two tablespoons of pasta with their veal was poor!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelishwallpaintsDined on 8/19/2014Always a great spot in the north end. The antipasto is fantastic. I love the gnocchi and the risotto, and it's great that you can get half-plates... it means you don't have to carry the other half around when you don't finish it. Diverse wine list, and lovely atmosphere.Special Features:
- Gem of the North EndOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014We have dined on several occasions at La Galleria 33. It's one of our favorite restaurants in the North End. Our waiter "Matt" was superb and extremely attentive. The meal as always was superb!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Awesome food, and great service! For the North End, they do a great jobSpecial Features:
- Great group dinnerHolyMoleDined on 8/13/2014They accommodated a large group of us with really good food timed excellently with a great attitude.Special Features:
- You want North End, eat on Salem StBosFitDined on 8/12/2014We wanted to check this restaurant out because we saw in on Gordon Ramsay's show. We also really liked the women who run the place as they are Bostonians as we are, and well, we have to support our own. I took an out of town friend here for lunch and my family a few days later. I was very impressed with the food and I can see why Ramsay liked their Tiramisu. You can tell the food is fresh and not microwaved. You can smell it as it is being made. The service is not too bad. The waitresses are very nice. I think they are slower to tend to tables because the location is short staffed. We got seated by one of the owners which was fine with us. :) In the past we have eaten on Hanover Street, but clearly the tasty places are on Salem Street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unbiasedwelltravelledfoodieDined on 7/29/2014Arugula salad was very good . My Seafood ravioli was ok but not great. Too much sauce and temp of food was cool. My guests both agreed their chicken dish was very good. Good portions. Service ok.
- AWESOME!EmmaVIPDined on 7/26/2014As usual, we had a wonderful dining experience at this great North End restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food as usual, but...moz88Dined on 7/20/2014the service this time was not very good at all, waited 5 minutes at the hostess stand before we were even acknowledged. One seated not much better..... In the past the service has been much better.
- CHEESE!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Absolutely amazing food, the atmosphere was fun and vibrant, and the service was great! I took my mom here when she came to the city to visit me and we had an amazing time and food was the tip of the iceberg!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellentmrspink1979Dined on 7/16/2014Went here with a group from work; the place is easy to find (though parking in the North End is a challenge), really nice ambience and fantastic food. Good wine selection and food was fresh and delicious-Gluten Free options available! Our server was awesome; had great knowledge of the food and made solid recommendations. Would definitley go back!Special Features:
- Excellent Food and ServiceAlitwanDined on 7/16/2014Went with a large group and they were very accommodating. Made us feel welcome and like we were the only table they had. Food was excellent and reasonably priced. Wish I could remembers our waiters name, he was a character!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceFoodieDined on 7/12/2014Poor service/ it took over half an hour for them to take our drink order! Then another twenty minutes for our food order! We had 8pm reservations and didn't eat until 930. Terrible. Food was good at least..
- chloebuttsVIPDined on 7/10/2014We have lived in Boston for 20+ years and have only found maybe 2 restaurants in the North End that are not pedestrian and tourist centric. In fact we hope to find more we can frequent since we eat out 2-3 times a week. Unfortunately La Galleria 33 is not one of them. Service was very spotty and the food was rather generic to be honest. Perhaps for a tourist it is more about eating IN the North End than enjoying the food. That is too bad. Oh and I also found the bathrooms to be a bit dirty as well. So there is definitely room for improvement.
- Best in the North EndFoodmattersDined on 7/8/2014I have been to La Galleria 33 for countless special occasions, birthdays, graduations, etc. I order the same pasta dish every time (happens not to be on the menu because I am vegan). They cater to my diet, and the dish is delicious each time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- absolutely phenomenal!BeccaGDined on 7/5/2014Me and my husband took our visiting friends here - so great! Very authentic Italian, absolutely crazy good service, beautiful ambiance. Get the calamari! For the love of all that is holy... get the calamari.Special Features:
- NOTHING SPECIAL100DDDined on 7/5/2014Cute ambiance and nice server but that's about it. We went there because out of town friends had seen it on Kitchen Nightmares and were keen to check it out. Wish we could give it a thumbs up, but can't. Had linguine with clam sauce and it was flavorless, the clams huge and rubbery. There was not a stand out dish among us. It also took forever for us to get our meals. Definitely not worth the wait. There are so many great places in the North End but Galleria 33 is not one of them.
- englishfoodieDined on 7/5/2014while the wait was long the atmosphere was vibrant and the food simple but delicious, after swearing to eat only half of a large portion of perfect chicken marsala I found myself shocked at the one morsel of potato that remained on the plate!Special Features:
- FABULOUS!EmmaVIPDined on 6/21/2014As usual, we had a wonderful dining experience at La Galleria 33. We started off with the calamari -- the best we've ever had. We got lasagna and chicken, broccoli, pasta for our entrees - both were delicious. We are already planning our next trip into La Galleria 33.Special Features:
- Great food, bad serviceMich214Dined on 6/14/2014This was my 2nd time at LaGalleria33. The 1st time was good. This time, the service wasn't. We asked for bread and it took so long it came after the appetizer. She asked if we wanted more soda and we said yes but she never said that they didn't offer free refills. If I had known, I wouldn't have let her take my glass when it was still half full. When I ordered the eggplant parmiganna, she said it came with pasta. But when the food arrived, it came without the pasta and I just decided not to bother and started eating. Then the pasta came when I was half finished. It was just ziti in plain tomato sauce with no seasoning and it didn't go with the main dish. The rest of the food was great but I probably won't be back.
- Good find in the North EndOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/14/2014This was our first time dining at this restaurant. We were seated promptly for our reservation even though one of the couples had not arrrived. The restaurant was full but we were not pressured about the couple who ended up being a half hour late. The antipasto was excellent. The prices are moderate and a very good value. The food was very good. Our waitress was attentive but not overbearing. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- Good but basicCatfishDined on 6/13/2014Everything was fine, food, service, ambience. Just nothing special or remarkable about the food. Just good middle of the road Italian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/13/2014Food was good and a quite reasonable price. I had a reservation for four and was seated immediately even though the other three members of my party hadn't arrived yet. Would go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- quiet oasis amid the bustleCarolVIPDined on 6/7/2014Dined here last Sat night - had a group of 4. I chose this restaurant hoping that it would be a little less noisy and packed in as many North End restaurants are, and thankfully, that was what we found. The two men in our group are hard of hearing, and when there is a lot of background noise, dinner conversation is impossible. Dining here was a very comfortable, enjoyable experience. 3 of us had the seafood risotto special - outstanding! The chicken parm was OK, a little heavy on the cheese, but that is a personal taste. The caesar salads were fresh and perfectly dressed. The pasta fagiole soup was a meal in itself. Service was relaxed, we didn't feel rushed to turn the table over. Overall great experience, we will be back.Special Features:
- favorite Italian foodcheatonpDined on 6/4/2014This is our favorite spot in the north end. Always take guests here when people come to visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/4/2014I was entertaining a group of 9 work colleagues from across the country and selected La Galleria 33 based on other positive Open Table reviews. When we arrived a long table was set for us. We requested a round table to enjoy better conversation and the team set us up quickly. The evening was perfect, with great, friendly service and, with everyone selecting a different meal, all meals were hits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great North End Spotmandm03431Dined on 5/29/2014Open Table and Yelp guide me to selecting this wonderful spot. My wife and I met our son and his girlfriend here during a business trip to Boston. The food and the atmosphere were terrific. The waiter, Patrick, did a terrific job guiding us to make the proper selections. It was a great value for the price. La Galleria 33 is on Salem Street. This is not on the main North End thoroughfare. This helped to remove some of the hubbub. We will certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous little gemWinnDined on 5/28/2014Great find! Very small and intimate restaurant with fabulous and attentive wait staff and the food was outstanding. No rushing here...you can relax and enjoy a great meal at a leisurely pace with your friends. Highly recommend this little efficient restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 591 reviews are from the La Galleria 33 reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/18/2014Group of 15 family members on Saturday night to celebrate a college graduation. Everyone loved the food and wine, the service turned out good after a sluggish start (last-minute waiter change seemed to throw off the arrival of menus, settings, bread). Very friendly and helpful staff and management!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightedAshley2014Dined on 5/18/2014We arrived early for our dinner reservation (1hour) and we were a group of 12. They were quick to accomodate us and everything was perfect. The waiter "Matt" was knowlegable and helpful, the hostess and manager? were wonderful and pleasant. The food was amazing, bill not nearly as much as I had budgeted for and everyone was happy.... THANK YOU.... Highly recommended..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerjonnogogoDined on 5/16/2014Had a great dinner here. Mussels were excellent. Seafood ravioli was great, although not very seafoody. Veal paradiso was indulgent.
- Good Service, but Skip to DessertOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/15/2014I came here with a group of friends and some thought the food was good. I, along with a fellow diner, felt that the food wasn't bad, but it wasn't anything special. The tiramisu though, sooo good! I should just come back for that.
- ServiceCarpeDiem1Dined on 5/11/2014Our waitress was very attentive, friendly, and pleasant. She made the evening experience wonderful. I was in search of cannelloni and found it here! The veal spinach dish was well prepared. Personally, I would have preferred a lighter pasta, but overall it was very good.Special Features:
- La Galleria 33OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Everything was great until it was time to pay. The waitress charged us twice our balance then questioned the tip she recieved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well Done!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2014Everything was great - food - service - ambiance. A great dinner!Special Features:
- Rude, unknowledgable waitressOrange1Dined on 5/10/2014I asked the waitress about a pasta item on the menu and she didn't elaborate or explain the dish to me, she just answered "yes" to my question. When the dish arrived to my table it was not what she said it would be. She then asked how everything was, I told her it was not what I had expected and she snapped back, telling me she had explained it and basically putting the blame on me. SO unprofessional. Her lack of knowledge about itallian cuisine and her rude, inappropriate remarks have made this restaurant one I will never return to.Special Features: