La Caille Restaurant
9565 Wasatch Blvd
Sandy, UT 84092Neighborhood:
Holladay / Midvale / Sandy / Union
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
La Caille Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.lacaille.com/
- Phone: 8019421751x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Sunday Brunch 10:00am - 3:00pm
Sunday Dinner 4:00pm - 8:00pm
Saturday Brunch 10:00am - 2:00pm (beginning May 10th)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Billy Sotelo
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: La Caille specializes in well-executed corporate events, spectacular weddings and perfect private parties from 15 - 600 people. We look forward to creating a unique event that will exceed your expectations. Please call or email us to start planning your next gathering.
A word from La Caille Restaurant
La Caille is Utah's premier luxury dining experience. Located on 20 acres of Salt Lake's most coveted Little Cottonwood Canyon property, La Caille's grounds offer breathtaking views, manicured gardens, canyon rivers, lush vineyards, winding brick lanes and authentic French decor. La Caille itself is housed in an 18th century French-inspired Chateau. Guests dine in one of three unique dining rooms and, during summer months, on one of our three spectacular patios. La Caille is a twelve-year AAA Four-Diamond Award recipient and our contemporary French menu and service has earned praise nationwide. La Caille is also a destination restaurant for wine lovers, offering over 850 selections alongside its extensive list of liquors and inspired cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
La Caille Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Holladay / Midvale / Sandy / Union ›
La Caille Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (47)romantic (38)scenic view (31)great for outdoor dining (29)great for brunch (22)notable wine list (18)fit for foodies (17)neighborhood gem (15)good for groups (14)great for lunch (4)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014I went to La Caille for a girls night out. Wonderful food and ambiance (definitely try the duck). Generally, I believe the restaurant would be very quiet and romantic but on the night we were there it was storming, which forced a large party indoors. Unfortunately, we were seated directly below the party so the music was thumping and our previously peaceful dinner ended up feeling like we were at the club. That being said, the manager was horrified by the noise level and comped our desserts to try to make up for the intrusion. Despite the party, the type of which I believe is a rarity at La Caille, I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent Executive ChefCulinary2luvDined on 8/17/2014The staff is well trained and attentive. We enjoyed the food and the beautiful surroundings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant was beautiful..OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014My wife and I came in to celebrate her birthday. The service was fantastic...the food was over the top.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/15/2014Excellent dining experience!! Can't wait to go there again!!will definitely recommend to my friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over and Above!NikkiDined on 8/13/2014We went for our anniversary and Shannon, our server was AMAZING! Really it was a grand team effort, where everyone worked together to pull off a special dinner. Before we sat down someone had placed a Happy Anniversary card on our table. We were presented with several 'extras' that we had completely unexpected including, several little side dishes, and Baked Alaska with a sparkler on a plate that had "Happy Anniversary" written in chocolate. Everyone was wonderful and it was a great night! The grounds are beautiful and such an oasis in the neighborhood, with stunning views of Little Cottonwood Canyon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MemorableDickDined on 8/3/2014We selected LaCaille for the beauty of the venue as we were celebrating our anniversary. Our request for a specific table was honored. The servers were very attentive. We did not expect great food and were not disappointed.Special Features:
- Very romanticGLanternDined on 8/2/2014This restaurant is the most romantic restaurant in Utah I believe. Everything was perfect, the food, the staff, and the ambiance.Special Features:
- Wonderful for any occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2014La Caille is a little gem where you can enjoy great wine and food in a beautiful, peaceful environment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/27/2014We LOVE La Caille! Brunch is never a disappointment and the ambience is awesome! Tomas was our server and he did a great job. Thanks again!Special Features:
- Romantic SettingNotthesameVIPDined on 7/15/2014Amazing grounds and great staff. Food is getting better but still needs some attention Foie Gras was yummy but very small portion The Artisan cheese plate was amazing Salad with avocado and steak tomatoes very fresh with well balanced dressing Herb crusted beef Tenderloin melted in your mouthSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real JemStldixieDined on 7/3/2014This is incredible due to the unique dining experience. Unfortunately due to a wedding we couldnt sumit on the back patio. The staff was wonderful and did set up a table outside. Food was ok as usual. It tries to be gourmet but it just never rises to the occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Sunday BrunchTB5962Dined on 6/29/2014We were celebrating our 4 year engagement also at LaCaille after brunch ...... It was great, delicious food , great service , beautiful atmosphere ! Can't wait to go back :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeautifulNsmakDined on 6/29/2014Beautiful setting, great wait staff, food very good, love the croissants.Special Features:
- Lindsay our WaiterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014She made it her mission to see that we had everything that we needed, even if the kitchen didn't have it, she found it at the bar. Thank You, LindsaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La CailleimurDined on 6/22/2014We went for Sunday brunch. The servers do have new uniforms so the they no longer look like medieval paupers wearing rags and the service has improved, although not to the level one would expect for the supposed quality of this restaurant. The food was disappointing. The coffee came out luke warm. The croissants were not as good as I remember. I had the crepes and the filling had a bitter taste which lingered with me all day. My husband had the wild mushroom omelet which he felt was just average. Several other members of our group felt the quality of the service and food did not reflect the high prices. The grounds and ambience are worth a visit if you've never been there. Better food and service can be had elsewhere.Special Features:
- Special placeLuvlandDined on 6/21/2014I love La Caille for it's over all ambience. I call it my fairy land and the people there take such good care of customers. To me it's a great place for going out and relaxing. Puts one in a great mood instantly. It's family friendly, love & romance friendly..... Just a very special place :) . I would love to see more vegetarian choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An unforgettable nightdshearerDined on 6/21/2014I reserved a table at La Caille to propose to my girlfriend, and they did not disappoint. They called the day before to ask about the occasion and offered to have roses on the table. The staff and server were very friendly and helpful, while also leaving us to have a romantic dinner. The ambience is great, and the grounds beautiful. Everything works together to create an experience that won't be forgotten.Special Features:
- I've wanted to eat here for years!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/19/2014La Caille lived up to every outrageous expectation I've had for years. Meg, our server was first class. She knew exactly how to be extremely attentive and helpful without being obtrusive at all. The food and atmosphere also exceeded all of many expectations. I can't wait to come back to La Caille!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day BrunchNoclamsandotheringredientVIPDined on 6/15/2014We went to La Caille for father's day brunch. We were contacted by the restaurant informing us that it'd be a buffet brunch. Not a big buffet fan, but it was too late to book elsewhere as we only had a few days notice. Anyhow, it was ok. BUT certainly not work paying $59/head for adults and around $29/kids. There were eggs benedict (soggy), French toast (too sweet), and some hot food (roast pork, stringed beans etc), and deserts (mini sweets, fruits etc) certainly not worth the price. However you are paying for the scenic view and its location as it is absolutely gorgeous. You'd expect that they'd clear the dirty plates away promptly as it was a buffet. Not ONCE my plates cleared away by the time I got back with my fresh plate. Average.Special Features:
- Service was great food not so muchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014I have now had lunch and brunch here and neither have been good. The lunch I can say was awful. It had been a few years so I thought I would give it another try for Father's Day. We have been to many brunches and for how expensive this one was I thought it would be the best. It had the smallest selection and everything that was there I could have easily made at home. By far snowbirds brunch is 90 times better. There wasn't really anything immpressive for me here.Special Features:
- Folding table legs blocked my ownOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/14/2014Just wish the folding table we were sitting at had been turned 90 degrees so my shins wouldn't have gad to fight with the table legs all night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service disappointed.CityPatDined on 6/8/2014That said, the ambiance will bring us back. We've dined here before and were made to feel special. Not so this time. Our selections arrived and then the croissants for the table were served after the fact. Timing was rushed and should not be in a restaurant like this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Problem With Meat DonenessCarlaVIPDined on 6/6/2014We keep coming back to La Caille because of the ambiance & the food is mostly very good. For some reason, every single time we order a meat that is to be cooked to a particular doneness, it is never done correctly. It's either way over or under. The management is very good able apologizing & then takes it off the check, but still when one of you is sitting there waiting while the other finishes their meal, then that one has to wait while the other eats theirs. It kind of spoils the dining experience. We are thinking to order fish or something that is suppose to be cooked all the way through next time. So, yes, we'll go back.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience1DiningTreatDined on 6/1/2014Food was wonderful and the setting beautiful. The staff was very attentive and the service was delightful. The little "extra" treat to celebrate our occasion was a pleasant surprise. Walking the grounds and checking all the little extra touches we noticed was an added treat. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensive for what they offertomberDined on 5/30/2014The ambiance, the fake French chateau with the mountains in the background and the rushing brook is great. "The food: we had chicken, Mary’s Free Range Duck, $39 and I had the sole "vegetarian" offering "Mushroom Herb Gnocchi" $28. My wife's chicken "Mary’s Free Range Roasted Chicken" $36 was very good. My gnocchi was in a soup (?) very fatty, my guess it was chicken broth. It was too little in any case. The helpings are very SMALL, the bread was good however. I think charging $28 - $56 (Herb Crusted Beef Tenderloin) is not acceptable, even though the ambiance in the place is great (it was a bit windy). Strolling around is very pleasant, but worth while may be once a year only These prices do not even include salad.Special Features:
- Fairy tale blissRavensburggeistVIPDined on 5/24/2014Eating a well prepared brunch in this fairy tale castle, I would have never guessed I was 30 minutes from downtown Salt Lake City in Utah! It was one of the highlights of my trip! I highly recommend la Caille and I live in NYC so you know I am exposed to all kinds of wonderful cuisines and beautiful dining experiences. This rates highly as far as I'm concerned!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magically Mystical...luv2wineanddineVIPDined on 5/23/2014A magical place that gives a new meaning to a dining EXPERIENCE... walking the grounds before and after are a must to totally understand and appreciate this establishment's "time and space travel aspect" that can virtually take you to another dimension/world plane, if you are open to it... a must for anyone who loves mystique and has an appreciation for life in all its flavors. We've been here before but each time offers another SPECIAL experience... You can not RUSH this. If you are in a hurry in any way - forget about it. You MUST make the time to fully take in this experience. Sit in one of the many chairs and just say THANK YOU. You will receive in kind, ten fold. and YES, "We'll be back"... THIS, is THAT Good! ;-)Special Features:
- labreezVIPDined on 5/22/2014Food was average at best. For appetizers, my wife's foie gras was almost inedible due to softness. We have never before seen this texture in 30+ years of eating foie gras. My scallop appetizer was tasty, but cold. The main courses of halibut and duck were mixed. The halibut was very good, but the duck was tough and stringy. Service was satisfactory, but not to standard for the price class. Sorbet came while appetizers were still being eaten and entree silverware was not on table prior to entree being delivered. There was a large wedding party that was noisy and intrusive ruining the ambiance. All together disappointing.
- Our anniversary dinnerGPC5VIPDined on 5/18/2014We enjoyed our dinner here, a month after visiting for brunch. The outdoor seating was wonderful, the service impeccable and the food was excellent.Special Features:
- True Romantic Oasisskrussell5Dined on 5/17/2014You cannot truly appreciate this restaurant unless you visit yourself. Absolutely magical. The gardens and grounds are simply spectacular. You may as well have stepped into the French countryside. Food was impeccably displayed, the service was wonderful, and the food itself was, each item, the best I had had thereof. I would recommend this place to anyone. Note: it is pricey but worth it.Special Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchsoulewomanDined on 5/11/2014What a wonderful place! Took Mom for Mother's Day Brunch and had superb service and food. The cozy rooms create a really nice atmosphere. Loved it!Special Features:
- Beautiful & ElegantDarHartDined on 5/11/2014Very busy for Brunch. Food was delicious, not a lot of choices however. What made our experience disappointing was our server. She only came by our table twice during the almost 2 hour brunch. We had to to ask another server for drinks, and eventually our table was cleared of our dirty plates but not before an hour went by of staring at them. Disappointing service for the price you pay to eat there!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food should be better for the priceMoverDined on 5/11/2014LaCaille has always been known for their scenic views and romantic setting with a fantastic menu to match. Now, the food is just so-so. The server was friendly but the waitstaff weren't diligent about clearing away plates during Mother's Day Brunch. Other than that, that experience was okay. We probably won't keep this on our list of special places to dine.Special Features:
- Very impressed!nadams1114Dined on 5/10/2014Took my wife here for mothers day. We were very impressed and the food was excellent. I got the rack of lamb and it was the best I've ever had. The grounds are gorgeous probably the best scenic place in the salt lake area. We will definitely be returningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gr8 for 'experience' - not for foodSullycakeDined on 5/7/2014Ambiance and wait staff are lovely, warm and charming. However, the food leaves little to be desired. If it weren't for the artisanal cheese board, the whipped butter, the pallet cleanser, and the surprise baked Alaska at the end we would've been sorely disappointed. The main courses were amateur at best. But those are the most important to make a lasting impression. I've simply had far more savory and complex foods at places like Eva's and caffe niche. So really you're paying for the romantic ambiance. The main courses we ordered were - rack of lamb, and potato crusted halibut.Special Features:
- The following 773 reviews are from the La Caille Restaurant reviews archive.
- CarolynDined on 5/2/2014We were celebrating an anniversary and couldn't have picked a better place for atmosphere and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellencecoopmmDined on 5/1/2014Food, service, setting were unique and superb. I had been there years before and it was just as I remembered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing meal...MrSmithDined on 4/25/2014I brought my wife here for our Anniversary, it was my first time and she had not been since she was a little girl. The grounds surrounding LaCaille are beautiful and the ambiance of the restaurant was exactly what I had hoped for. -The Onion Soup is the best I've ever had anywhere. -The Duck is incredible, if I had been told it was filet mignon, I would have believed it. -The strip loin was fantastic -The ambiance was perfect While the whole dining experience took over 2.5 hours from the time we were sat at our table, to when we paid the check. It was worth every cent. Kim, the manager, was a very gracious host, she went the extra mile to make sure our anniversary celebration was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/20/2014The buffet was very small and most of the food was gone. For $49 each I would have liked to see more food choices. The shrimp was gone and pretty much every dessert was gone too! There was one cookie left so our whole table shared it and each took a bite! The sundance brunch is way better. Our reservation was at 2pm so yea it's later in the day but i expect to get the same buffet that the earlier guests received.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!GPC5VIPDined on 4/20/2014Pricey but well worth it. Sunday brunch was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.