La Bettola Osteria
106 Victoria Street
Toronto, ON M5C 2B4Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
ItalianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
La Bettola Osteria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.terroni.com/
- Phone: 4165049998
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Patti Shaw 4169254020
- Entertainment: DJ Friday and Saturdays
A word from La Bettola Osteria
Traditional southern Italian cuisine. Think of it as Terroni’s greatest hits where you’ll find all the classics in rotation plus a tightly curated selection of Terroni-exclusive wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Bettola Osteria reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (48)neighborhood gem (37)great for lunch (31)good for groups (27)notable wine list (22)special occasion (20)romantic (19)hot spot (14)great for brunch (10)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (5)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Always a pleasure!BellyBlissDined on 8/26/2014My husband and the friends whom we've brought to La Bettola Osteria since finding this little Italian inspired gem always love it! The food is exquisite and never disappoints. The wine menu is extensive and wonderful. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable. The restaurant is not uber quiet but my husband and I have enjoyed many a romantic dinner here (seating is the key! ;-)) and we have also enjoyed our time with a larger group of friends. It's a great place to go before seeing a show at Massey Hall, the ACC, and the myriad of other venues in and around this area. Try it; you'll like it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overall very good experienceMerlotDined on 8/23/2014The food was great. Service was excellent. We had a very pleasant server and the flow of service was excellent. I would definitely come back and recommend to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cena fantasticaRobmalDined on 8/16/2014Piatti italiani di qualità superiore sia nella scelta della materia prima che nella esecuzione. Pizza ottima e dolci stupendi. Serata fantastica per chi ama la cucina italiana in Toronto.Special Features:
- No ReservationladyjDined on 8/16/2014I booked the reservation for 5 through OpenTable , but when I got to the restaurant there was nothing in their system, even though I had gotten the confirmation email. So there was no table for us. Luckily the staff was great and they moved some things around to get a table for us while we waited at the bar - which still took almost half an hour. So needless to say, although I am impressed with the restaurant I am NOT impressed with OpenTable and am not likely to try an online reservation with them again.Special Features:
- OliveOylDined on 8/13/2014All meals were excellent though they were not accommodating to making any changes to menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- local gem!cocopuffDined on 8/7/2014Perfect for a quick upscale lunch. food is always fresh, authentic, and delicious. easy for group outings or just for 2! Waitstaff very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RecommendedCocorotsieDined on 7/30/2014I was staying near by so booked online as it was a fashionable recommendation. The service staff was good but a little confused in terms of different servers coming to serve the same environment from waters & wine to the main and then again for dessert. But the food was very good and the atmosphere very nice. I could see it a very good choice for a birthday etc. I had the Ravioli con Scamorza Affumicata - Homemade Ravioli Stuffed with Ricotta and Smoked Scamorza with Asparagus and Prosciutto, recommended by the guy who took my main order and the very well recommended Cannoli Siciliani - Traditional Sicilian Cannoli with Ricotta and Pistachios by the woman who took my dessert order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usualPppsDined on 7/29/2014The quality of the food is only surpassed by the great staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/28/2014Discovered this spot on Zagat and reserved a table through Open Table. My party of 4 had a great meal and service and I would return without hesitation.Special Features:
- Casual on the CornerTorontoFoodieVIPDined on 7/25/2014From the people who brought us Terroni, La Bettola is a fun, easy, casual Italian restaurant on the corner of Richmond and Victoria. If pizza and pasta are what you crave, this is a fine spot in the heart of downtown. All the wines are custom imports so trying something not available at the LCBO is interesting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/24/2014Great atmosphere, food and the service was outstanding. I'll be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Italian RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014Very consistent and charming (staff actually speaks italian) place ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well Located for Mirvish TheatresarahDined on 7/9/2014The service and ambiance was good. The pizza was chewy and the fig salad was tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!JUlienDined on 7/5/2014Going back for sure. Excellent food...pasta, pizza & wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taste of ItalytravellingdinerDined on 7/5/2014Authentic cuisine and wine list - truly the best Italian food outside of Italy!Special Features:
- BeneRiccardoDined on 6/13/2014Excellent "casalingo" food. Real taste if Italy, rustic but urban interior.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerBarneyDined on 6/13/2014Spent a fine couple of hours enjoying the food and drinks. This was my wife's second visit and my first. Both of us enjoyed the meal very much. Thanks for a wonderful evening. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Excellent!PeterDined on 6/13/2014Both my guest and I thoroughly enjoyed our lunch. The calamari was melt in your mouth good. Our respective mains were excellent and the service great. I did find the tables too close together, but it is what is that way. I will 100% eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very engaged serverDGEATSDined on 6/10/2014Had a celebration dinner for my wife and invited another friend along. Mostly shared dishes which were savoury and delicious. Nicely nuanced flavours in all but one of the dishes. The black truffle pasta was a bit "in your face" with the truffle infused oil. Server was FANTASTIC with a strong Italian accent which contributed to the experience. her knowledge of the menu was also very good and she took (and had) the time to take us through the special menu item by item. It wasn't too busy so may have been a different story otherwise. I'd go back in the future.Special Features:
- ACMWDined on 6/7/2014Great food and very good service. The daily menu limited but a good selection -- my husband had the pasta with seafood and I had the halibut which was also very good. Our pre-theatre dinner was relaxing and so conveniently located to Ed Mirvish Theatre and Massey Hall. Wine selection was limited but the Italian Pinot Noir was a good choice for our menu selection . Highly recommend it -- and we will go back.Special Features:
- Service was SubPardeedeeh202Dined on 6/6/2014Was excited to go to this Terroni property however though the food was good, the service reeked and we had to keep waiving the server down, she was polite but didn't really engage us. We would have stayed for a dessert however by the time the server came back we opted to go elsewhere. Staff need more training and could talk more about the menu to give us a better idea of the food.Special Features:
- Great food!CupcakeQueenDined on 6/5/2014This is my favorite restaurant for an after work dinner before the theater.Special Features:
- ExcellentTonyDined on 5/31/2014One of the best Pizza's in Toronto. In addition to that the appetizers are deliciousSpecial Features:
- UnfortunateJohnDined on 5/16/2014I went to this restaurant 2-3 years ago. It was smaller and cozier back then. They opened it up with more seating and it looks phenomenal. Went on a weekend night. They placed seats right next to the dish pit / kitchen. I couldn't hear my girlfriend talk over the constant clanging of plates. Main Good Points: 1. Looks great 2. Food is pretty good 3. Potential Bad Points: 1. Slow service (received water after finishing our appetizer and plates cleared/received cheque 40 minutes after finished eating with plates sitting there in front of us) 2. Bar only makes menu drinks despite being stocked full. ie Can't make an Old Fashioned.... in 2014. 3. Food was bland and bread was stale. 4. Extremely unnecessarily noisySpecial Features:
- Fantastic service and foodJumaDined on 5/13/2014La Bettola is a great spot for a very nice lunch. The service is usually top notch and friendly.Special Features:
- Can't get the timing rightLyndaTDined on 5/10/2014Arrived early for our reservation and was seated right away. Food was good and help with our wine choice was right on. Server knew we had theater tickets, we started early, but still had to run to make it to the show. If you are going to dine here pre-theater, manage the time yourself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dayPizzaPartyDined on 5/9/2014It was a treat to celebrate our elopement here over lunch. The service was perfect - the mood was laid back and there was no rush to get us out after almost two hours at our table. Because we always enjoy our time at Betolla we thought it would be perfect to celebrate with a few friends such an important day over lunch at this restaurant! A hidden gem in an area of Toronto that is in such a rush!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchdinersdriveinsdivesDined on 5/9/2014Lunch with co-workers. Great service. Food was excellent. Calamari was light and crispy - not at all oily. Also shared the cured meat/cheese appetizer. Had the pappardelle and duck ragu - it was excellent. Others had the Nizzarda and seafood pasta - both very good. All at reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Lunch SpotCabbagetownerDined on 5/7/2014Wonderful lunch today, the mixed appetizer platter was superbe, as was my salad. The waitress was adorable, let alone gorgeous, and her beautiful Italian accent just added to the whole experience. She was attentive without being obtrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 94 reviews are from the La Bettola Osteria reviews archive.
- Delicious food!ontarioDined on 5/4/2014Our party of five thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at La Bettola. All food groups were covered, including fish, meat, pasta, cheese and vegetables. The service was great with helpful suggestions on the wine choice. Definitely a restaurant we would visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot!ChuckDined on 5/3/2014Great SpotGreat SpotGreat SpotGreat SpotGreat SpotGreat SpotGreat SpotGreat SpotGreat SpotGreat SpotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wouldn't ReturnFoodforthoughtDined on 5/2/2014We went to this restaurant as it was recommended to us. We were a group of 5 , the server we had was not pleasant nor helpful . The restaurant was not that busy and she couldn't be bothered with us . Limited menu especially the pasta selections . Good location to the theatre but not worth the money
- Date Night DinnerdiceydiceDined on 4/29/2014Planned for a Romantic Date Night dinner and Osteria Fit the bill. Food, service and ambiance were great.Special Features:
- overall a great ecpdriencebertDined on 4/27/2014Food, service, ambiance were all great. Went there on a date and was presently surprised for my first visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, nice atmophere!MaryteDined on 4/26/2014We enjoyed our dinner. I had spaguetti with seafood and my husband swordfish. Wines are a little expensive but the lady who helped us gave us a very good suggestion. Nex time we are in Toronto we will be back! Ahhh I forgot grilled octopus for apetizer, excellent!.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantDebbieDined on 4/25/2014We had a great time and in 2 years time it was the first time we ate real good food in Canada. We are Argentine and it was the closets food to the one we had back home. Still I think you should have more options for dessert. We will definitively recommend the restaurant!Special Features:
- Best Italian around!FoodieNB60Dined on 4/21/2014Vibrant atmosphere with good service & awesome pizzas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2014We loved the atmosphere of the restaurant. It was refreshing to hear great music but also have the ability to carry on a conversation. The octopus was a big hit as was the ravioli! We will definitely return!Special Features:
- Consistently goodUrbansuburbanDined on 4/18/2014Rarely disappointed by the food here. Similar to Terroni, it could benefit from a few different dishes. Only one issue with a friend's pizza being so tough she couldnt eat it. Went as a large group and service was solid, until the end when the server was visibly annoyed with a few people changing seats before she brought the bills.Special Features:
- Food very good, however, meatFoodforthoughtDined on 4/12/2014Food very good, however, meat eaters not being catered to. Our waiter, Christopher, was excellent, but please advise help removing plates to check with patrons to see if they are finished if they are not aware of the knife/fork placing on plate to indicate as such. The room is quite pleasant, however the noise level does not allow for much conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.