La Bettola Osteria
106 Victoria Street
Toronto, ON M5C 2B4Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
ItalianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
La Bettola Osteria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.terroni.com/
- Phone: (416) 504-9998
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Patti Shaw 4169254020
- Entertainment: DJ Friday and Saturdays
A word from La Bettola Osteria
Traditional southern Italian cuisine. Think of it as Terroni’s greatest hits where you’ll find all the classics in rotation plus a tightly curated selection of Terroni-exclusive wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Bettola Osteria reviews from OpenTable diners
143 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (71)good for groups (52)neighborhood gem (48)great for lunch (48)notable wine list (41)hot spot (23)romantic (17)special occasion (17)late-night find (14)great for outdoor dining (7)kid-friendly (7)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014Had a super tasty beet salad and pasta with sausage. Vibe was energetic and bustling - perhaps partly b/c it was a Friday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Massey HallTorontoAnnDined on 11/21/2014This is our go-to restaurant pre-Massey Hall. Service is friendly and efficient, although it can suffer if they get too busy. The food is lovely - simple and tasty. Wine selections are a bit expensive. On Friday night, my companion and I shared a salad, a pizza, and a half-carafe of wine - perfect!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and ambiance.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/20/2014Always busy and the service doesn't skip a beat despite the crowds. Food is absolutely delicious and well presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shelly3Dined on 11/15/2014The food and wine were excellent. But our waiter was horrible. I actually pulled him aside to ask if we did something to upset him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/14/2014Some very fine food--lovely pasta, good thin crust pizza, great beet salad. My wife said the thick strand spaghetti with sausage and truffle pasta was the best she'd had; I think I agree. But the price for our meal seemed high. Still, well worth another visit.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Terrible ServiceMarissaDined on 11/12/2014The food was amazing, but the service was absolutely atrocious. I had dinner with 2 friends on a Wednesday evening. We weren't seated until 30 minutes after our reservation time, and instead were seated at the bar to wait. No one approached us to ask if we'd like a drink for 30 minutes, and when we finally ordered a bottle of wine, it came 15 minutes later. Once we were seated at our table, I felt like our waiter forgot about us and that we were a nuisance to him. The food was amazing and I would consider going back, but I would hope to have a better experience from a service perspective.
- AccomodatingNBDanDined on 11/7/2014Due to an accident on the Don Valley whereby we were 70 minutes late, they still managed to find us a table and get us out in 35 minutes as we had a performance to go to at Massey Hall. Food menu somewhat limited in general and even though they focus on pizza, you can't order one without Mozzarella and can't "build your own". Would recommend this place if you have tickets to Massey Hall and want to have a short walk there.
- great foodcocoDined on 11/7/2014the food is always delicious. It would be nice if the kitchen were accommodating of substitutions i.e.. for vegetarians or other allergies. The lack of flexibility is unfortunate. We had requested additional lighting at our table as it was too dark to see the menu and were told there was nothing they could do. again, not customer focused. Lucky for them the food is so good!Special Features:
- lunch at la bettolameatguyDined on 11/3/2014as usual, great spot for lunch with an interesting menu and knowledgable staff...always have an new wine to try that they recommend at the back of their daily menyu..they always have an interesting wine and some really good ones from sicily....all in all, my favorite downtown lunch spot..and the beer is nice and cold tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014Everytime I go, Eimilio is a great server. Always happy, suggestive on what to order and it makes it a fun and friendly environment! The food also is always amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SplendidTable42Dined on 10/27/2014I was pleasantly surprised by La Bettola. With so many Italian restaurants in the city I was not expecting much. But I really enjoy the meal from start to finish. The pasta was fresh and just the right amount. The pizza is one of the best I have tasted in the city. The prices are also very reasonable. You don't have to break the bank to get a great meal here. I will definitely be returning to this restaurant and will tell others about it.Special Features:
- Great experiencewilrodocDined on 10/23/2014Great spot pre-theatre, very close to Elgin/Winter Garden. Excellent wine list for Italian, many reasonably priced. Food well prepared, the squid appetizer was outstanding. Smaller portions and ideal for sharing. Attentive and knowledgeable service person.Special Features:
- Brought back memoriesnotfishDined on 10/22/2014I used to go to this location when it was an "original" Terroni with a simple pizza, pasta and panini menu. It was great back then and it's better now. Food is a little more ambitious But still stays true to the simple ingredients Terroni was known for. Our server kept apologizing for the service, which confused us because we thought it was fine. Only downside was its a little pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typical Terroni with Different NamefairNsquareDined on 10/21/2014Curiously my companion and my table neighbors guest both went to the Adelaide Terroni first because this location isn't listed under most restaurant searches for 'Terroni'. Stipulate the Bettola Di part when advising unfamiliars with this downtown iteration of the Queen West staple. Service is typically better than the other locations. I've eaten here atleast a dozen times, if not more, and the food is consistant with all the greatest hits from the Terroni menu. My only real beef is with the pizza whose crust is so thin that the centre of the pie is often swimming in a soupy pool of vegetable sweat and sauce making it hard to cut and consume. The door is at grade but the washroom lacks an accessible stall as I recall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too rigid with menu "rules"AngieDined on 10/20/2014Could not get balsamic vinegar for the table/ or grated cheese as requested because the server said they do not provide vinegar and the grated cheese would ruin the taste of the dish. Also no adjustments at all were permitted. Even for a pregnant customer that asked for medium well steak instead of medium rare... Not recommended for the safety of babies!!Special Features:
- ExcellentTedmanDined on 10/17/2014Love the food! Love the knowledgable staff! Love the location! Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great thick crusted breadCoralDined on 10/17/2014Duck prosciutto was excellent. The pistachio ice cream is delicious. There are vegetarian choices. We were 3 and our dishes did not get to the table at the same time. 2 were served, and we had to wait 10 mins. for the 3rd person's food to arrive before we could start eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ExperienceLDeeVIPDined on 10/15/2014We are lucky enough in this city to have many choices of where to spend our restaurant dollars. There are, however, very few places who know how to treat a customer well. The staff at La Bettola is an example of how to do it right! The manager is just outstanding and the floor staff takes her lead. The food here is always very good and the service just gets better. For these reasons, this has become my go to restaurant. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- underwhelmedDowntowndinerDined on 10/15/2014I am a long time fan of terroni and have long ago accepted their unique approach customer service and feedback) mainly because the food is consistently so darn good USUALLY excellent quality and very reasonable prices. So I was surprised to find the food just not up to the request level if quality .... perhaps an anomalySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!AdamDined on 10/14/2014Great food. Fantastic Italian dishes. Great starters. Scallops and calamari were both delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- datBraisedBeefThoDined on 10/11/2014Took my girlfriend here for our 6 month anniversary last night. We shared the callamari and Agnolloti di Manzo, both were absolutely top notch. The agnolloti was one of the best dishes I've eaten in a long time, creamy, savoury and delicious. We each had a beer. I had the pilsner, she had the blonde ale. Both were EXCELLENT. Service was attentive, courteous and super pleasant. We will absolutely be back.Special Features:
- Communal wide table is terribleTorontotwosomeVIPDined on 10/9/2014Booked as pre- theatre date night with husband. Restaurant was packed. Seated at communal table which we would have been fine with but it is so wide and guests so close, we could literally not hear a word without yelling. I asked if we could at least sit beside each other and were told no. We asked if any other seats at bar or for 2 but nothing. We left. Not likely to return
- Always Enjoyable!table4twoDined on 10/9/2014We eat here often and rarely can I say this, but this little gem never disappoints us. Sometimes we dine here as a couple, sometimes I dine with just a friend and sometimes we dine here as a family - our kids are university age. The food and service are always perfect and it has just the right level of noise; being lively but not so loud that we can't enjoy a good conversation over dinner.Special Features:
- Great pre-show dining!NoOneCaresDined on 10/8/2014We made reservations here to take advantage of the location - steps from a parking garage and just down the street from Massey Hall. The Service was a bonus! Our waiter was very helpful with the wine selection- I generally know what I like, but I don't know my Italian wines at all. The meal arrived while we were still nibbling on the hearty bread - it was unexpectedly quick - which was great because it took the pressure off whether we would have to rush to make the show. The wine was great, the service was quick and friendly and the food was excellent. We would come back here in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An excellent findBillHeathDined on 10/6/2014We came across this restaurant a year ago when we didn't have much time so it was good to return and try the menu in full. It was well worth it. The menu isn't long but it is uncompromisingly Italian with some very interesting choices. All the pasta is homemade. The service was very pleasant and professional with sensible advice for wine. We would seriously recommend it to anyone who wants good food at excellent value.Special Features:
- Good, but I was hoping for moreGothligDined on 10/2/2014The food is good and a reasonable approximation to an Osteria except the portions are too large for a complete meal. They tried to do that when they opened but the market didn't get it. A shame. The dishes were well conceived with pretty good ingredients but they came off like the execution of someone who didn't really know what the dish was to be like. A little more like a thali plate than the melding of flavours and ingredients you'd expect at an Osteria. Beyond that, the only complaint is the rapid fire service and miniature tables that pretty much make an enjoyable evening impossible. Given the price, its too expensive for a quick meal. A few apps shared at the bar with a good glass of wine is the best way to enjoy this place.
- Ignored for 25 minutesLydiaDined on 9/27/2014A group of five of us ate at the restaurant on Saturday night. We arrived in stages (first one person, then two, then two more) and we were ignored for quite awhile and were not offered drinks or appetizers while we waited for the rest of the group. We were squished into a table for four. My raviolis were cold. The staff was pleasant and the wine was good, but I wouldn't rush back.
- It was louder than the concert!MikeVIPDined on 9/25/2014Chose La Bettola for the location - down the street from Massey Hall. It was BUSY when we arrived. When seated, we were leaning over the table to talk. Service was good. Food was pretty much what we expected - very good italian. But wow was it loud. People are packing together, don't plan on intimate conversation. But was fun.Special Features:
- VongoleTripleSDined on 9/23/2014I was really looking forward to my clam pasta but once I took my first bite I wished I had ordered something else. The meal was salty. I know to expect clam pasta to be a little on the salty side but this was overkill. I drank 2 glasses of water just to get it down. I also thought the portion was small. Was very glad the server brought over huge slices of bread. For $21, I received a small portion of pasta and approximately 10 baby clams. If/when I return, I'll order a pizza...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealexsouthernxDined on 9/20/2014Our food was uniformly excellent. Calamari was perfectly prepared and interestingly presented. Pizza was excellent - thin & tasty crust. Halibut cooked to perfection. Service was attentive, helpful with suggestions and very friendly. We were seated exactly on time per our reservation. Wine list was interesting, without being extensive - you'll find something for every taste. The room is noisy (Saturday night), but not overwhelming. Tasteful, modern decor. All around the evening was perfect!Special Features:
- Now that's Italian!SimonDined on 9/20/2014Warm and inviting, communal as well as individual tables. Very acceptable choice on the set as well as 'special' menu; all properly prepared, plated, and delivered (2 of the 4 mains were uncomfortably late - served with apologies but no offer of compensation).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Our server Claudia was absolutely amazing! She was super accommodating and extremely helpful. The food was fast and delicious! Love this restaurant and will come back frequently.Special Features:
- Lunchlove4foodVIPDined on 9/17/2014The food here is great 100 % Italian delicious appetizersSpecial Features:
- Great Italian fare!BuonappetitoDined on 9/15/2014Amazingly good food. Consistent quality. Authentic Italian flavours. Friendly and knowledgeable service staff. Great all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner before a showOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/15/2014Excellent dining experience. Friendly waiter, reasonable price and the food was very good. I will definitely return.Special Features:
- NoFoodPoisoningDined on 9/14/2014Didn't had the chance to eat, the restaurant accepted a reservation for 4 at 8:30 and when arrived there told us the kitchen closes at 9. Had wine and then we left.Special Features:
- OliveOylDined on 9/13/2014Service and food were great. Pizza, however, was not as crisp and tasty as in the past. Initially seated by window - cold draft. Hostess moved us to a more comfortable table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunchmeatguyDined on 9/10/2014becoming my favorite new spot for luch when downtown..interesting and varied menu, knowledgable servers and a real gem of a wine list with many good wine specials offered to expand your tasting experiences. pizzas and pastas all interesting and much different from the usual offeringsSpecial Features:
- good pre theatreMarkVIPDined on 9/9/2014Very fresh salads and good menu options. Waitress seemed uninterested, but we enjoyed our lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- they carenjoyingitDined on 9/8/2014Great care given to my wife's dietary needs, very fine food preparation, amazing daily specials and a small but very fine wine list make this a standout find.Special Features: