Kona Grill - Boise
3573 E Longwing Lane #140
Meridian, ID 83646Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Kona Grill - Boise
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.konagrill.com/restaurants/boise-id.aspx
- Phone: (208) 922-6511
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Kona Grill - Boise
Kona Grill offers diners freshly prepared food, personalized service, and a warm contemporary ambiance that creates an exceptional, yet affordable dining experience. The diverse menu includes a wide variety of mainstream American dishes, as well as a variety of entrees and appetizers with an international influence. Specialties include Baked Sea Bass in a miso-sake marinade, Filets, Almond Crusted Pork Tenderloin, and Kona Grill's signature dish - Macadamia Nut Chicken. Kona Grill also features an award-winning sushi menu containing all of the traditional favorites plus several unique dishes created by talented sushi chefs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Kona Grill - Boise - Best Restaurants in Meridian ›
Kona Grill - Boise reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (31)special occasion (30)hot spot (27)great for outdoor dining (22)great for lunch (16)fit for foodies (15)romantic (14)neighborhood gem (12)vibrant bar scene (12)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (6)notable wine list (5)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Overall a good experience and quality food.DariusDined on 11/15/2014Entrée proportions are average (adequate but not large) and food quality is above average. Deserts are very good and huge in proportion. They are literally about double what you would get for desert at any other restaurant (and the price isn't double). Server was attentive, if not a bit over-energetic. Kid's meals were a good value - pretty good proportions for the money. Overall the experience was a good one. The prices are high enough that we will probably not be "regulars", but we would consider returning again for a special occasion or nice dinner out. The setting in the Village area is a nice bonus as there are some fun shops and activities in the area to explore before or after dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nicepoisonivy1Dined on 11/8/2014It was the first time we visited Kona Grill. The food was outstanding and the wait staff was very attentive. The only downside was the amount of time it took to get our food, a little long, but the overall experience was great. The value of the meal was very reasonable and the portion size was huge!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great family experienceUnfortunateDined on 11/8/2014In terms of offerings for children, it is hard to beat Kona Grill. Both our children were very excited about getting to pick 2 sides to accompany their main dish. My five year old loved the presentation in a bento box! The only critique is on the cocktail offerings, I understand trying to be true to your theme, but I would add a few actual adult cocktails. I commented to my wife that the cocktail list looks like it is suited to people that don't normally drink cocktails, plenty of fruity and sweet offerings. Service was great. My side salad didn't make it out until I reminded the server upon arrival of entrees, the server immediately rectified the error, the manager came to our table, the salad was removed from tab, very classy!Special Features:
- ServerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/3/2014We had one server and 12 people at out table. She took very good care of us. Never had to ask for anything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Dinner That Never WasPheasantchasrDined on 11/2/2014We came here for the first time. Our reservation was honored and we were seated quickly and received menus....and that was the end of our dinner. The individual who i assumed was the waiter for our section was engaged in conversation upon our arrival with another table and was busy with that for the next 15 minutes. When he was done with that social engagement he proceeded to assist the next parties seated after us and have frank discussions about their lives, general happiness, etc. At the half an hour mark I attempted to flag someone down and was told our waiter would be with us shortly. The waiter then leaped into action and disappeared for the next 10 minutes at which point we walked out. Looks like never again for us.
- Not Up to ParNightfeatherDined on 11/1/2014Our waiter might have been new, never told us what the special fish of the night was, I had to ask, He wasn't friendly meaning he didn't communicate with us. We had to wait for him to come back to our table longer than usual.Special Features:
- Lobster Mac & CheeseDizzybrdDined on 10/23/2014This dish was the reason for the 2 stars for food. I actually had the macadamia crusted chicken dish which was very good. My friend had the mac & cheese. It was a disappointment. The pasta was piled pretty high with a cheese crust on top but the pasta underneath that was very dry. It needs more cheese & creaminess. The lobster in it was fine. Just disappointing to someone about to splurge on cheesy goodness when they rarely get to do it. Maybe it was a restaurant specific thing. The waitress had even gently tried to dissuade my friend from ordering it but like I said, they had their heart set on cheesy goodness. If I do recommend the restaurant, I would definitely tell them not to order this dish & why.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great time!ShannaPattonDined on 10/12/2014Enjoyed our time there. Has a great server, she was very attentive! Looking forward to coming back! Food great like always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Favorite Dining SpotSurpriseMeDined on 10/11/2014Plain and simple the food is exceptional. A little noisy at times, but the menu and the service make up for it. Had no actual complaints about any part of the experience. Will be back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable, good foodWilliamtwoDined on 10/8/2014Good selection of sushi, steak, sandwiches, salad and desserts. Its reliable and comfortable. Place is loud inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itSuz98Dined on 9/26/2014The service was fabulous and the food was incredible! You never had to wait for drinks to be refilled and the food was served quickly and the food presentation is incredible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014Disappointed by management and the lack of Communication between the host to servers. The food wasn't very good and the over all experience was a bummer. The server was very nice and helpful!!
- excellentluv2dineDined on 9/20/2014Loved it! Def coming back! Food was excellent our server was super friendly and the ambiance was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!RegularDinerDined on 9/20/2014I had the sea bass and my husband had the cedar plank salmon. Both were fabulous, as were the sides that came with our meals. The main meal was served quickly.... No complaint. We ordered key lime pie for dessert. It took 20 to come to our table. Maybe they couldn't find a knife. One more complaint... It is incredibly noisy. Despite our complaining, we will return another day. Our waiter was very friendly.Special Features:
- Steak was really tough for mediumOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014Nice atmosphere, they were 10mins late from our 7:15 reservation but Steak was really tough for medium, and they did nothing to comp the meal or nothing as when the manager asked us our meal was $100.56 for 2 people and our 18 month old
- Great Friday Night SpotSarahDined on 9/5/2014Went here for a work girl's night out and as always, it was a great dining experience. Perfect for non-sushi eating friends who are always complaining about how sushi restaurants never offer anything besides rice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014Food was pretty good and the service was ok. The food took forever and the server did not come back to refill our drinks. First time and probably the last time there. High Expectations, low results.Special Features:
- Great FoodCBP4VegasDined on 8/29/2014Incredible food! Kona however needs to teach their wait staff how to deliver food. We ordered cocktails, appetizers and dinner. While waiting on cocktails for a considerable amount of time the appetizer showed up, within 20 seconds they then served our entrees and finally our cocktails showed up unfortunately it would be the only one we would have. Now our entrees sat getting cold while we ate our appetizers. Maybe they don't understand the definition of an appetizer being a small plate served and eaten prior to entree being served. If Kona wants to be considered an elite restaurant much more training is required. With all that being said our entree food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ExperienceAudry1990Dined on 8/29/2014My engagement and birthday dinner was awesome I love kona grill!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Haven't lived up to the prices yet.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014The atmosphere and design of the place is spectacular. This was my second visit and so far I would label this is mediocre. The service and food are okay. I have yet to be amazed, especially considering their prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dissappointing serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Our first visit to Kona Grill. Wait person seemed distracted, certainly not present, didn't listen. I find it interesting regardless of the restaurant if you order water with your cocktail/beer/wine 9 out of 10 time you don't get it. Order a sushi roll as an appetizer we were impressed she asked if we wanted low sodium or regular soy sauce (we asked for low sodium), but then she never brought it, when she asked how the roll was I reminded her we need water and soy sauce, and she brought us the regular soy sauce, of course. Over all the food was okay/good. BBQ chicken flat bread was good. Cuban sandwich was good a little too much mustard, this is coming from someone who loves mustard. Suchi roll special w/sea bass was very good.Special Features:
- BaileysmomDined on 8/8/2014I was there for lunch with 4 other ladies for a birthday. The Manager came by and asked if we had a special event and said she noticed we had a birthday perhaps? and we said yes. She said they would do something at the end of our meal for the birthday lady. We paid our bilss and that something never came.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014Had a very good experience! Great food, service, environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatMickDined on 8/5/2014I eat here with friends and business groups usually once or twice a month. We have always been well served and the food is great. The wait staff has always been attentive and the manager checks our table at least once. Almost always at least one person in our orders the sea bass and they are never disappointed. The salmon is great as well. The Butter Pound cake is an absolute must; a signature dessert for Kona Grill. I have tried many items on the menu; the pad thai noodles have been the only entrée not to my personal preference.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad ServiceBrynwallDined on 8/2/2014I have had horrible service here [multiple times] when there is more than 4 people dining with me. We had 12 people with us this last time, the place was pretty much empty, and it took about 1.25 hours to get our food. Ordering drinks was a nightmare because they kept making them wrong, and because it took about 15-20 min to get our drinks (even if just one was ordered)... This shouldn't have been an issue considering there were not many people in the building. It was also extremely unprofessional to have the employees eating their dinner out with us. We were in the side room, and were the only group in there, but 4 employees decided that they would have dinner at the table next to us instead of an employee break room...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014The food was ok but nothing to write home about. The garlic/lemon pasta tasted like garlic (no lemon). The ceasar salad had very little dressing on it. The chicken macadamia was good. Sushi was good. We were seated as a table of 6 right next to the door. Very noisy. We also had a HUGE fly that attacked us and our food the entire meal. It made for a very unpleasant dining experience.
- Reservations a must even weekdaysLaurihDined on 7/29/2014I highly recommend making reservations even for week nights Service was good as well as the food. We'll be back to enjoy, I hope outdoor dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'd like my drink & bring a lighterYumYum7Dined on 7/26/2014We had a Saturday night reservation for two. It took over 30 minutes to get our two "signature cocktails" to the table. Every time we asked where they were it was going to be "just another minute". Even our appetizer, which was fondue with a sad excuse for a tea-light candle trying to heat it (that quickly blew out), arrived before the drinks. If you go on a Saturday, don't order a drink and if you order the fondue, be prepared to have your lighter ready.Special Features:
- The following 226 reviews are from the Kona Grill - Boise reviews archive.
- Fine but cold airOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/22/2014We enjoyed the dinner, but were at a booth where cold air was blowing directly on us. The waiter said he'd have it turned down, but we asked to be moved, which we did. It was still very cold.Special Features:
- not happydinerDined on 7/21/2014We waited 1 1/2 hrs to get our food. I wished I was joking, but I honestly am not. Had to get the manager involved. Once we got it, no one was extremely impressed. Chicken and broccoli was so over cooked that the chicken was hard, sandwich was not as good as the one my friend had at another restaurant in the village, supposedly the jambalaya was going to be HOT. Not even close. Got to try four different desserts free from the manager because of the long wait. Creme brulee had passion fruit in it. Not good. Why mess up a good recipe? Butter cake was so so dry. Key lime pie was extremely tangy. No one liked. Brownie was the only thing that was decent. Won't be back.Special Features:
- Love Kona GrillIdahoanDined on 7/19/2014It is definatley worth what I paid for, great enviroment even though it is a little noisey. Our waitress was okay, could have been a little friendlier.Special Features:
- Nice night outTheRaeBDined on 7/19/2014Our time here was lovely we were able to catch up and have a good laugh together. Our food was great except for the sushi which was not as authentic as we were expecting, mine personally was disapointing but you cannot let $12 go to waste... we will defenatly be back for appetizers and entrees, however the sushi really ruined the meal.Special Features:
- Tasty but loudPatrickDined on 7/18/2014I thought the food was tasty and average priced. Extremely loud but it was a Friday night so I suppose that is expected. Very attentive staff until it came time to pay, then we just sat there for a while. Nonetheless, good visit overall.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014My husband and I celebrated our 7 year anniversary at Kona Grill and the food was delicious! It went above and beyond our expectations. Our waitress was wonderful, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!VickieDined on 7/12/2014Our second time there and absolutely wonderful. Everything was tasty. The presentation perfect. The skinny Cosmo Rita was over the top.Special Features:
- New ExperienceStellarSpudDined on 7/5/2014We were visiting Idaho and came across this place in Meridian. We heard from other locals that this was the place to be. The server... Super friendly and polite! She was chatty and she maintained wonderful repertoire. We were made to feel welcomed in Idaho. We had just drove in from Arkansas and her level of empathy was out of this world. The sea bass was divine. Tender. Tasteful. Seasoned. It was a wonderful dining experience for us. We recommend this place if you live in Boise or are visiting Boise. This place reminds us of Zona Rosa in Kansas City. Reminds us of home and the staff reminds us of home! The best feeling ever to walk in there and have an entire restaurant greet you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service, below average sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014Cool restaurant, but not good enough to make up for service and food. Spinach and art dip appetizer was really good, the only positive. Don't go for the sushi, someone with no knowledge of sushi must have put that menu together. Service was soo slow and it wasn't even busy. Drinks are ok, definitely need to upgrade your choice of alcohol in the drink if you don't like well. It was just too expensive for the quality of drinks and food.Special Features:
- We love water! This is it!BrunocatsDined on 7/2/2014Our folks were in town and for the occasion we had a great experience dinning at the Kona grill, tastes so healthy different and fresh, just incredible. My folks are still going on about how beautifully decorated they have managed water with dinning. Service was very genuine and fun, everything our server suggested was a smash hit! Wonderful gem to have right in our backyard! We'll be back, reservations recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014It took 40+ minutes to get our food and about as long to even check out with our waitress. I took my parents there for my moms birthday and the waitress didn't even offer a complimentary dessert after knowing about it. Food was good, but bad service and horrible wait time killed this visit to Kona. A very disappointing experience since I've been there a few times and it usually was satisfying.Special Features:
- Good lunch choicesIdahoDinerDined on 6/28/2014I had a sandwich and sweet potato fries and a margarita. The food was good but overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.