Kona Grill - Boise
3573 E Longwing Lane #140
Meridian, ID 83646Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Kona Grill - Boise
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.konagrill.com/restaurants/boise-id.aspx
- Phone: 2089226511x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Kona Grill - Boise
Kona Grill offers diners freshly prepared food, personalized service, and a warm contemporary ambiance that creates an exceptional, yet affordable dining experience. The diverse menu includes a wide variety of mainstream American dishes, as well as a variety of entrees and appetizers with an international influence. Specialties include Baked Sea Bass in a miso-sake marinade, Filets, Almond Crusted Pork Tenderloin, and Kona Grill's signature dish - Macadamia Nut Chicken. Kona Grill also features an award-winning sushi menu containing all of the traditional favorites plus several unique dishes created by talented sushi chefs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Kona Grill - Boise - Best Restaurants in Meridian ›
Kona Grill - Boise reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (41)hot spot (32)great for outdoor dining (31)good for groups (29)fit for foodies (21)vibrant bar scene (20)great for lunch (20)neighborhood gem (17)romantic (17)late-night find (16)scenic view (10)notable wine list (9)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (7)Show More
- Steak was really tough for mediumOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014Nice atmosphere, they were 10mins late from our 7:15 reservation but Steak was really tough for medium, and they did nothing to comp the meal or nothing as when the manager asked us our meal was $100.56 for 2 people and our 18 month old
- Great Friday Night SpotSarahDined on 9/5/2014Went here for a work girl's night out and as always, it was a great dining experience. Perfect for non-sushi eating friends who are always complaining about how sushi restaurants never offer anything besides rice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014Food was pretty good and the service was ok. The food took forever and the server did not come back to refill our drinks. First time and probably the last time there. High Expectations, low results.Special Features:
- Great FoodCBP4VegasDined on 8/29/2014Incredible food! Kona however needs to teach their wait staff how to deliver food. We ordered cocktails, appetizers and dinner. While waiting on cocktails for a considerable amount of time the appetizer showed up, within 20 seconds they then served our entrees and finally our cocktails showed up unfortunately it would be the only one we would have. Now our entrees sat getting cold while we ate our appetizers. Maybe they don't understand the definition of an appetizer being a small plate served and eaten prior to entree being served. If Kona wants to be considered an elite restaurant much more training is required. With all that being said our entree food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ExperienceAudry1990Dined on 8/29/2014My engagement and birthday dinner was awesome I love kona grill!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Haven't lived up to the prices yet.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014The atmosphere and design of the place is spectacular. This was my second visit and so far I would label this is mediocre. The service and food are okay. I have yet to be amazed, especially considering their prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dissappointing serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Our first visit to Kona Grill. Wait person seemed distracted, certainly not present, didn't listen. I find it interesting regardless of the restaurant if you order water with your cocktail/beer/wine 9 out of 10 time you don't get it. Order a sushi roll as an appetizer we were impressed she asked if we wanted low sodium or regular soy sauce (we asked for low sodium), but then she never brought it, when she asked how the roll was I reminded her we need water and soy sauce, and she brought us the regular soy sauce, of course. Over all the food was okay/good. BBQ chicken flat bread was good. Cuban sandwich was good a little too much mustard, this is coming from someone who loves mustard. Suchi roll special w/sea bass was very good.Special Features:
- BaileysmomDined on 8/8/2014I was there for lunch with 4 other ladies for a birthday. The Manager came by and asked if we had a special event and said she noticed we had a birthday perhaps? and we said yes. She said they would do something at the end of our meal for the birthday lady. We paid our bilss and that something never came.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014Had a very good experience! Great food, service, environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatMickDined on 8/5/2014I eat here with friends and business groups usually once or twice a month. We have always been well served and the food is great. The wait staff has always been attentive and the manager checks our table at least once. Almost always at least one person in our orders the sea bass and they are never disappointed. The salmon is great as well. The Butter Pound cake is an absolute must; a signature dessert for Kona Grill. I have tried many items on the menu; the pad thai noodles have been the only entrée not to my personal preference.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad ServiceBrynwallDined on 8/2/2014I have had horrible service here [multiple times] when there is more than 4 people dining with me. We had 12 people with us this last time, the place was pretty much empty, and it took about 1.25 hours to get our food. Ordering drinks was a nightmare because they kept making them wrong, and because it took about 15-20 min to get our drinks (even if just one was ordered)... This shouldn't have been an issue considering there were not many people in the building. It was also extremely unprofessional to have the employees eating their dinner out with us. We were in the side room, and were the only group in there, but 4 employees decided that they would have dinner at the table next to us instead of an employee break room...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014The food was ok but nothing to write home about. The garlic/lemon pasta tasted like garlic (no lemon). The ceasar salad had very little dressing on it. The chicken macadamia was good. Sushi was good. We were seated as a table of 6 right next to the door. Very noisy. We also had a HUGE fly that attacked us and our food the entire meal. It made for a very unpleasant dining experience.
- Reservations a must even weekdaysLaurihDined on 7/29/2014I highly recommend making reservations even for week nights Service was good as well as the food. We'll be back to enjoy, I hope outdoor dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'd like my drink & bring a lighterYumYum7Dined on 7/26/2014We had a Saturday night reservation for two. It took over 30 minutes to get our two "signature cocktails" to the table. Every time we asked where they were it was going to be "just another minute". Even our appetizer, which was fondue with a sad excuse for a tea-light candle trying to heat it (that quickly blew out), arrived before the drinks. If you go on a Saturday, don't order a drink and if you order the fondue, be prepared to have your lighter ready.Special Features:
- Fine but cold airOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/22/2014We enjoyed the dinner, but were at a booth where cold air was blowing directly on us. The waiter said he'd have it turned down, but we asked to be moved, which we did. It was still very cold.Special Features:
- not happydinerDined on 7/21/2014We waited 1 1/2 hrs to get our food. I wished I was joking, but I honestly am not. Had to get the manager involved. Once we got it, no one was extremely impressed. Chicken and broccoli was so over cooked that the chicken was hard, sandwich was not as good as the one my friend had at another restaurant in the village, supposedly the jambalaya was going to be HOT. Not even close. Got to try four different desserts free from the manager because of the long wait. Creme brulee had passion fruit in it. Not good. Why mess up a good recipe? Butter cake was so so dry. Key lime pie was extremely tangy. No one liked. Brownie was the only thing that was decent. Won't be back.Special Features:
- Love Kona GrillIdahoanDined on 7/19/2014It is definatley worth what I paid for, great enviroment even though it is a little noisey. Our waitress was okay, could have been a little friendlier.Special Features:
- Nice night outTheRaeBDined on 7/19/2014Our time here was lovely we were able to catch up and have a good laugh together. Our food was great except for the sushi which was not as authentic as we were expecting, mine personally was disapointing but you cannot let $12 go to waste... we will defenatly be back for appetizers and entrees, however the sushi really ruined the meal.Special Features:
- Tasty but loudPatrickDined on 7/18/2014I thought the food was tasty and average priced. Extremely loud but it was a Friday night so I suppose that is expected. Very attentive staff until it came time to pay, then we just sat there for a while. Nonetheless, good visit overall.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014My husband and I celebrated our 7 year anniversary at Kona Grill and the food was delicious! It went above and beyond our expectations. Our waitress was wonderful, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!VickieDined on 7/12/2014Our second time there and absolutely wonderful. Everything was tasty. The presentation perfect. The skinny Cosmo Rita was over the top.Special Features:
- New ExperienceStellarSpudDined on 7/5/2014We were visiting Idaho and came across this place in Meridian. We heard from other locals that this was the place to be. The server... Super friendly and polite! She was chatty and she maintained wonderful repertoire. We were made to feel welcomed in Idaho. We had just drove in from Arkansas and her level of empathy was out of this world. The sea bass was divine. Tender. Tasteful. Seasoned. It was a wonderful dining experience for us. We recommend this place if you live in Boise or are visiting Boise. This place reminds us of Zona Rosa in Kansas City. Reminds us of home and the staff reminds us of home! The best feeling ever to walk in there and have an entire restaurant greet you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service, below average sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014Cool restaurant, but not good enough to make up for service and food. Spinach and art dip appetizer was really good, the only positive. Don't go for the sushi, someone with no knowledge of sushi must have put that menu together. Service was soo slow and it wasn't even busy. Drinks are ok, definitely need to upgrade your choice of alcohol in the drink if you don't like well. It was just too expensive for the quality of drinks and food.Special Features:
- We love water! This is it!BrunocatsDined on 7/2/2014Our folks were in town and for the occasion we had a great experience dinning at the Kona grill, tastes so healthy different and fresh, just incredible. My folks are still going on about how beautifully decorated they have managed water with dinning. Service was very genuine and fun, everything our server suggested was a smash hit! Wonderful gem to have right in our backyard! We'll be back, reservations recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014It took 40+ minutes to get our food and about as long to even check out with our waitress. I took my parents there for my moms birthday and the waitress didn't even offer a complimentary dessert after knowing about it. Food was good, but bad service and horrible wait time killed this visit to Kona. A very disappointing experience since I've been there a few times and it usually was satisfying.Special Features:
- Good lunch choicesIdahoDinerDined on 6/28/2014I had a sandwich and sweet potato fries and a margarita. The food was good but overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NancyfromMountainHomeDined on 6/27/2014Enjoyed our dinner and drinks! Service was good...however, we had a hard time hearing the waitress and she had a hard time hearing us...it was so loud in there. We finally just gave up on trying to hear her. Sea bass was considerably smaller than the last time I had it. Every meal comes with carbohydrates...didn't see a way to substitute veggies or salad. But, it was nice and we will visit again!Special Features:
- Good food, bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014Went there for the first time and the food was fantastic. However the service was horrible. Took forever to get our food and drinks when they weren't very busy. Hardly saw our server. Then it took over 20 minutes to get our bill figured out cause they charged us for things we didn't get. The place was beautiful and the food was good but way overly priced. Don't know if I would go there again.Special Features:
- Hot night life-See and be seen208nativeDined on 6/25/2014Beautiful Kona Grill, new on the Village, offers a fun, exciting, vibrancy that has been missing in this valley for decades. The four times I have visited Kona have taught me that unlike past local restaurant experiences, if you want a table, make reservations. (Yes, even on weeknights!). The food, sushi and Asian, are good and priced surprisingly well for such. The ambiance, is beautiful but mostly table seating, so little privacy. And the noise level is so loud my husband and I were relegated to lip reading and left after our meal with ears ringing. The service on both occasions we were seated was excellent. Wait staff was friendly and knowledgable and food arrived at a pace you would expect at a new, packed, hot spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodLeslieDined on 6/21/2014Service was pretty good, although our waitress didn't check on us quite enough. Food was good. I had the chili lime shrimp salad and it was wonderful.Special Features:
- UnimpressedboisefoodDined on 6/21/2014We weren't sure what to expect but the menu online looked appealing. Our waitress was very soft spoken and it was hard to hear anything she said over the noise of the restaurant. We ordered drinks and the calamari appetizer. The drinks were good and so was the calamari. We ordered sushi and soon after finished our drinks. The waitress did not return until our food came out at which point we ordered more drinks. They of course did not arrive until our meals were nearly finished. The sushi was mediocre at best. It had a fishy smell and a slimy texture. The presentation was bland and left a lot to be desired. Overall we felt the experience did not merit the price tag. We have no plans to return in the future.
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/19/2014Enjoyed a birthday celebration dinner. Requested outdoor reservations but was told upon arrival it was first come. However very nice atmosphere and no waiting for our table. The service was a bit slow mainly in getting drink orders, I guess the bar was backed up. Our waitress was very attentive however. Overall a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbNightfeatherDined on 6/13/2014As always the food was fantastic, service was phenomenal and the managers were very friendly and courteous. I love Kona Grill.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceLuvthevillageDined on 6/7/2014Our waitstaff was excellent. The food was great we had a group of eight and everything was really really good.Special Features:
- Fun time!eatthetownDined on 5/30/2014Three couples met to dine and the food was good. Our waiter was patient with our indecision and splitting the ticket. My only issue was the noise level for an old lady like myself meant we didn't do much visiting. We sat by one of the fires in the plaza after dinner and could visit there. Great environment. Congrats to Meridian for this surprise setting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't eat the sushiMrsJJ3Dined on 5/25/2014The place was pretty. The staff was friendly and the drinks we good. The sushi was a complete waste of time and money. Everything we ordered seemed fresh but there was no fish?? Where's the fish if it's sushi? We were basically eating seaweed wrapped in rice. The only fish we got was a specialty roll and it was three pieces and the fish was so small that we were pretty much eating salad and cream cheese. All the other food looked good but not sure if we will go back to try it. Maybe they need new sushi chefs who actually know how to make sushi.Special Features:
- Third time...not a charmHeatherDined on 5/25/2014I had a reservation for last Sunday night and was not nearly as impressed as my other two times for dinner. Service was slow, food was off (and I order a repeat dish). It was just bad all around. Took forever to get a drink. I am on hte fence with going back.Special Features:
- Will never go back!DinelocalDined on 5/23/2014For what you pay, you are much better off dining at a local restaurant. Very loud, food is so-so, and service is lacking.
- Reminded me of CruisingFoodistoexperienceDined on 5/22/2014We've been on a dozen cruises and love experiencing things, I think going out should be a fun experience and so should food. I'm not a quantity person but more of a quality. I want to experience good food, new tastes, that to me is fun. You have a wonderful place and we will be back.Special Features:
- The following 201 reviews are from the Kona Grill - Boise reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014I had requested a secluded corner for our party as we were celebrating my daughter's graduation from college. Unfortunately, the other party that they put in with us were also celebrating a graduation and were extremely rude. They interfered with our conversation and I feel on purpose tried to push us out of our dinner. They continued to hold conversations very close to us and at times were practically on top of us. The waiter we had did an excellent job, but this party also made it hard for him to do his job in servicing us. The other party was upset that we were there and made sure that we knew it. Unfortunately, we made the reservations first and we were there first.Special Features: