Koa's Seaside Grill
839 Front St.
Lahaina, HI 96761Neighborhood:
HawaiianPrice: $30 and under
Koa's Seaside Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://koasgrill.com/
- Phone: 8086677737
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Breakfast
Daily: 9:00am - 3:00pm
Daily: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Hawaiian
- Executive Chef: Andre Clark II
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wine
A word from Koa's Seaside Grill
Beautiful open air & rooftop dinning.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerHawaiian
Koa's Seaside Grill - Best Restaurants in Lahaina ›
Koa's Seaside Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (22)great for outdoor dining (20)fit for foodies (10)romantic (10)special occasion (9)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (4)neighborhood gem (4)hot spot (3)notable wine list (3)good for groups (2)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2014We had a very enjoyable experience dining here. The food and atmosphere were very nice and our waiter was attentive and knowledgeable. We would return and recommend Koa's to friends.Special Features:
- DisappointingStanoDined on 10/8/2014The service was adequate but the food was subpar. Fish was over cooked and the potatoes were cold. Replacement potatoes were only slightly warmer. Too bad, it's a nice location.Special Features:
- Koa's HideawayBucksDined on 9/25/2014Koa's is a hidden gem in Lahaina. First of all when you arrive at the location..there is the sign that says "KOA's but where's the restaurant? Walk through the little variety story that's at the address and suddenly you're in a restaurant that's out over the water in another world. The hostess was friendly as was our server. I picked her recommendation of the snapper and was not disappointed. The food was presented in a reasonable amount of time. Our server was mildly attentive just the way I like them. I recommend eating near sunset. The views of the sun setting near the end of Lanai are beautiful. Did I mention that Koa's is owned by the people who own the very crowded Gazebo up in Napili? I will be eating here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceBenfitzDined on 9/24/2014Was looking for a place last minute for a executive casual dinner to discuss future business as a client. I remembered Koas and though of Awesome Staff, Food, Views and Fun and it was/is again and again. Thank you for impressing every time with great food and service.Special Features:
- Local OhanaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/23/2014Our seating was great right next to the water...food wasn't what we expected for the price and our waiter was pleasant but took forever to bring us our pupus, food and drinks and the bill. He kept stopping and talking story with these 2 ladies. Needless to say not sure if we'll go back..our first choice was Kimo's and should have gone there but wanted to try some place differentSpecial Features:
- great new findrlernVIPDined on 9/18/2014What a great place to have a nice meal. Rooftop dining and great service and food at very reasonable prices. Will be sure to put this on our list for next time.Special Features:
- Nothing BafMauinokaoiDined on 9/12/2014I have nothing but good things to say. Actually one word sums it up. WOW!!! Prime Rib and the "PDG" Short Rib were excellent. Also the Surfing Goat Dairy goat cheese and beet salad was incredible. We will be back before we go home!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening2travellersDined on 9/2/2014We had a very nice evening with a beautiful view and a great dinner. The fish was one of the best we ever ate. Everything was excellent. We would like to come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunset spotMauieveryyearDined on 8/28/2014Enjoyed the outdoor views right on the water. Food was better than expected but not outstanding....good value for the money. Service was adequate. Since it's next to Kimo's, we could faintly hear the live music.....can see why Koa's doesn't have any as it would be too noisy due to proximity. For Lahaina, an uncrowded restaurant. Of course, parking was 10.00 and was 2-3 blocks away. If you are in Lahaina, worth a visit.Special Features:
- Expected moreDenverTravelerVIPDined on 8/13/2014Having been to their other restaurant many times for breakfast I expected better food, especially for the price point. First bad Ahi I've ever had in Maui. It has the same vibe it had under the previous name -- too bad because it is a great location.
- GreatElizabethVIPDined on 8/5/2014Great view, great service, yummy food. Would definitely recommend this restaurant to our friends and family.Special Features:
- Best New West Maui for a reason!mom2pwdDined on 7/31/2014Our waiter (Adam?) was the bomb!! Very attentive, making sure everything was great, but not in an in-your-face kind of way. My mom had to send her meal back, and they brought her a complimentary replacement immediately. The side salads are enough to split for 2-3 people (which we did). Food portions are large and great for splitting. Make sure to sit on the rooftop for excellent sunset views. Live music spills over from Kimo's (next door). This was by far one of the best meals on West Maui for overall ambiance, service, and food. My daughter had the mac-nut pesto pasta and loved it; it is loaded with fresh veggies. I had the special that evening (ono?) and it was very tasty. Mom had ahi and I even liked it (not usual). Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Very nice restaurantDeanoinNewOrleansDined on 7/30/2014We had the Korean ribs and beer battered shrimp, spiced rubbed hawaiian fish, and the scallops and all were good. Had the calamari appetizer which was delicious. The waitress was nice and attentive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- happydinerVIPDined on 7/26/2014Great place in Lahaina. Ask for table on the roof, overlooking the water. Sunsets are great, and food is great.Special Features:
- Great view but that's about itFoodFanDined on 7/15/2014We decided to try this restaurant after seeing it from the street view, and it did deliver on an amazing rooftop dining experience complete with a beautiful sunset. Unfortunately the food was not anything special, and the way it arrived even less so. Our waitress was pleasant, but didn't offer to tell us about any specials (which I later heard other waiters mention). Our appetizer came out in a timely manner, but was followed immediately by our salad, so space on the table became an issue. Not more than 5 minutes after the salad came out the dinners came out, so we had a cold appetizer to deal with, a salad to try to get through, and two meals getting cold as well. Food was okay, fish was way too spicy and short ribs were mush.Special Features:
- A must go!ElissaDined on 7/5/2014The service and food were both great. We got there when it opened for breakfast and had a great ocean view. I definitely want to go back to try their dinner, but I will also be back for breakfast. Our waiter was awesome too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous Ocean ViewBeckyJVIPDined on 6/29/2014If you visit Koa's, be sure to ask to sit on the roof - and go at sunset. The view is amazing and the sound of the water adds to the perfect ambience. Our waiter was friendly, efficient, and attentive. We both had snapper, and it was nicely prepared, moist and flaky. The wine list is fairly small, but with a range if choices that should satisfy everyone. Koa's is in Lahaina, a charming town in west Maui, with lots of shopping and restaurants. It is a gem of a restaurant.Special Features:
- Sunset viewsimacharmerDined on 6/28/2014Good food and service at this hopping Lahaina restaurant. Ask to be seated "on the rail" for best sunset views but any seat upstairs is great. Super desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 34 reviews are from the Koa's Seaside Grill reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014This restaurant was a great impromptu stop to catch a quick bite prior to an evening out. The staff was extra nice and attentive to our needs. The food came fairly quickly. It was not that crowded when we first got there but pickup by the time dinner was served however we still had great service. The culminating event was the fantastic view of the sun setting. This was awesome! So be sure to ask for rooftop dining. You may have to reserve this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service and viewMedineDined on 6/13/2014Nice to see this resturant back in business with successful experienced owners. The location has always been fabulous but the quality of food and service has been unpredictable under the various previous operators. Food this time was excellent as was service. Try the Calamari for a real treat. You get 5 hot dog sized pieces with a nice crispy crust. They make their Calamari using slices of Calamari filets rather than using the little squiggly tentacle end pieces that seems to be the norm with other restaurants. You can easily make a meal with the Calamari appetizer and some soup or salad. Either way, just order it and be amazed.Special Features:
- First dinner of our honeymoonLizinlifeDined on 5/28/2014We ate here on the first night of our honeymoon. The view was gorgeous, we watched the sun set while sipping on mixed drinks (that were delicious!). We had the Jambi ribs appetizer, which was really good. My husband had the ahi entrée, which was amazing. It melted in your mouth. My local spiced fish was also incredible. The entrees were about $25-30 each, which is pretty standard in Maui (and not a shock to us; we're from DC and used to those prices). It's honestly worth it, and I definitely recommend Koa's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best new find!Love2eatDined on 5/18/2014You have to have the PDG Spareribs (pretty darn good; I would say the best I ever had) Our waiter was so courteous & knowledgeable! Knew his menu items. Drinks were very good. Make a reservation to sit up top or down by the water. Excellent!Special Features:
- Need to improve service808ladyDined on 5/12/2014Many local such as my self enjoy dinning out.. However gets treated second class . Big disappointment ! I work in the hotel industry and share my experience to guest. Last impression walking out to KOA was a look of unfriendlyness due to my local skin tone!Special Features:
- quiet night, but great dinnerYarnyVIPDined on 5/4/2014We come to Maui quite often and have our list of "favorites", but we have not been to Koa's even though they have been open a year+ now. It was relatively quiet for Maui, so we got right in. We started to go to the rooftop which was beautiful, but way too windy that night, so we sat downstairs which was just as nice. The service was quick, the drinks were good and the food surprisingly delicious! I had the short rib which was all meat, no fat. I couldn't even finish it! My husband had the burger which was large and juicy. I can't wait to try their breakfast. I am always a little skeptical of the new restaurants on Front street, but this place does a great job. Keep it up!Special Features:
- great view, good food, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/2/2014last night on Maui, read good reviws on this place and decided to go. Sat up stairs with great view. Food was good, but service was poor for a party of 10. Asked twicw to see manager, but never didSpecial Features:
- Walked out before orderingOutandaboutDined on 5/1/2014We were escorted to the upper deck where a very large party was happening. We were shown a table for two but there was four of us. The waitess asked if we would mind dining downstairs inside. We said we would and left.Special Features:
- Our nicest meal in MauiAustinfoodDined on 4/30/2014This was my husband & I's favorite meal while on Maui. We made a reservation via Open Table and got a table on the water. What an amazing sunset. Many restaurants are on the water but the food is not that great. This is not the story at Koa's. We got a starter of Clams. They were great and fresh. My husband got the Ahi Tuna dinner. It was cook to perfection. I got the seafood crusted fish that came with white rice and it was extremely tasty. We also got a side of mushrooms. The manager came by and made sure we were doing well. It was a great night and experience. Not as crowded as some of the other restaurants on front street but I am not sure why. Highly recommend. Not as expensive as some places but the quality it there.Special Features:
- Great Water Views, Good FoodCTtravelerDined on 4/25/2014We dined at Koa on our last night staying in Kaanapali. It was perfect for what we wanted. We walked around Lahaina a bit then enjoyed a great table looking directly out on the water with island, boats in background. Got a couple of sunset photos. I had the prime rib with mashed potatoes and baby green beans...all cooked perfectly. My husband had a pasta dish with clams, scallops, and shrimp which he said was very good. Reception and waitstaff were prompt and friendly. Nice atmosphere...not too casual, not too fancy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our last night on MauiKimberDined on 4/18/2014We had a delicious dinner here on our last night. The server suggested an ahi special for my hubby that was swoon worthy! The flavors were spectacular on the ahi and my daughter's Mahi Mahi! I had the pulled pork which was better than any I had ever had! Absolutely wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing service and foodFoodieVIPDined on 4/17/2014Best view, food and service in Hawaii. Felt at home :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view of the ocean. HadOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/10/2014Great view of the ocean. Had the option to sit inside....who would?? Food was awesome. Crab salad sandwich a huge hit around the table. Awesome service. WE will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- oceanview dining for breakfastHBfoodieVIPDined on 4/10/2014A good breakfast location on Front Street with views of the ocean, Lahaina harbor and the island of Lanai to the west. The breakfast menu has a large selection of their famous omelettes and delicious pancakes (the same menu as their sister restaurant the "Gazebo" in Napilli).The special fried rice is a delight with an assortment of meats and veggies. Request a table next to the water either on the roof patio or downstairs and you may catch a glimpse of the local fish swimming below.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent seafood by oceanMakemedinnerDined on 4/7/2014This gem is located on the shore and directly overlooks the ocean for spectacular views at sunset. The service is outstanding, quick, responsive and makes you feel welcome. The seafood is clearly very fresh and cooked very well. Only criticism is that range of seafood dishes on menu is not as broad as would have expected but makes up for this by a mixed menu that includes meat- based dishes. Definately worth a visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningKatleeDined on 4/6/2014Enjoyed a delicious meal on the roof top with nearby restaurant music accompanying our meal. We tried some items off the regular menu and some specials. Server was attentive and we also had the owner stop by a few times to visit with us. Good selection of food and a gorgeous view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just okaydeguckenDined on 4/4/2014An okay choice for front street, just okay no eagerness to return server knew the menu shrimp clams scollops pasta was disappointing, several very small clams several-6 shrimp and one sea scollop I do better at home myself
- We had a wonderful diningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/2/2014We had a wonderful dining experience. The staff was friendly and effecient. Would go back for sure on our next visit to Maui. Our food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food-Awesome viewDeanVIPDined on 4/1/2014Right on Front St with an incredible location over the water this rooftop restaurant really delivered! Food was excellent and tasty. We had the herb crusted catch of the day and the Molokai stir fry. both very good...the stir fry was very spicy! The manager was extremely friendly...our server...not so much....overall a wonderful meal.Special Features:
- Great Breakfast!!KitkatDined on 3/25/2014We sat on the rooftop dining area....fabulous views. The breakfast was wonderful...great price...plenty of food! Service was excellent. Will go there again and definitely will recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View and PriceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/24/2014Service was excellent. Ahi was just OK but price was very good for Front St restaurant. Wine selection was weak,but beer and mixed drinks were very good. Wait staff was very helpful and friendly.Great deserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A MustRHDanvilleDined on 3/21/2014This was an exceptional meal in many ways - 1/ we were looking for a restaurant that was upscale inventive and not stuffy. To be clear we got there on the recommendation of another party. This resuraunt is connected to the gazebo in Nipaoli as well-a Maui landmark. The Young Chefs at Koa's are tied to SF and Santa Cruz Ca - Wonderful Taste, food, Service, View and Wine -especially Chardonnay for East Bay customers Lyodd, Rombauer etcSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.