Kitchen Notes - Omni Nashville
250 5th Ave S
Nashville, TN 37203Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Kitchen Notes - Omni Nashville
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.omnihotels.com/FindAHotel/Nashville/Dining/KitchenNotes.aspx
- Phone: 615-782-5300x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern
- Executive Chef: David Harker
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Chef's Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine
- Special Events: Make your Mother's Day delicious with a specially prepared brunch at Kitchen Notes in the Omni Nashville Hotel. We'll take care of everything; sit back and enjoy.
Served from 9 am to 2 pm
$44.95 for adults, $20.95 for children
Space is limited. Reserve your spot today by calling 615-761-3700
A word from Kitchen Notes - Omni Nashville
Enjoy traditional Southern dishes handed down from generation to generation at Kitchen Notes, offering farm-fresh, sustainable dishes made from treasured family recipes. Don"t miss our Biscuit Bar, serving biscuits throughout the day from well known Southern chefs and celebrities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerSouthern
Kitchen Notes - Omni Nashville - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Kitchen Notes - Omni Nashville reviews from OpenTable diners
97 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (54)good for groups (46)fit for foodies (38)great for lunch (29)special occasion (28)neighborhood gem (19)kid-friendly (12)romantic (11)notable wine list (9)hot spot (9)scenic view (8)late-night find (5)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great room, Fun plating, TastyshayDined on 9/19/2014We ordered the pot pie which was served in a mini cast iron pot and had lots of chicken - very flavorful. Also ordered the fried chicken which was a generous portion. Cauliflower was not memorable, but desserts were definitely something to write home about. Loved the banana pudding. Service was terrific, so we will definitely return. My only complaint about this restaurant is the wine selection and pricing. $15 for a glass of Kendall Jackson is way too high when you can get in the grocery store for $18 per bottle. All of the glasses of wine are 12 bucks for a six ounce pour and $14, 15 for a nice ounce pour. I wouldn't mind paying $13 or 14 if they offered high quality wine. I won't order alcohol at this restaurant unless they change it.Special Features:
- Reservations Come EasyGiveitatryDined on 9/19/2014When all your other choices are not available, you can get a reservation at Kitchen Notes. But, be warned the food is just okay and the service sure lacks the "Southern Hospitality", you would expect from a restaurant that is trying to be "Southern"! Somehow, the interior has this ultra-modern/Cracker Barrel theme, that simply does not work. (Come on guys, the battery powered lights in the kerosene lamps - without globes, I might add - simply looks tacky! The food was okay - heavy on very non-southern spices and way to over priced. I do not mind paying a higher price due to location but - unless you are going to a concert at The Schermerhorn or an event at the Convention Center, a bucket of chicken from the Colonel might be better.
- ElliotDined on 9/14/2014Nice place! Comfortable seating and the staff were very friendly. Not much of a vegetarian menu but the sweet potato tots were really good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014$25 per head is not cheap, but the Sunday Brunch is worth every penny. Add another $5 for bottomless mimosas. I was surprised as how wide open and airy the restaurant was. It can accommodate multiple large (15+) groups easily. We'll definitely go backSpecial Features:
- New Omni locationHarrimanDined on 9/14/2014Excellent location and really nice brunch and a first class facility. The service and the food was great!!!Special Features:
- Expected more at the OmnioutandaboutDined on 9/13/2014Made a rez for a special Sat night out for a party of 4 and it was very disappointing. The best items we ate during our entire meal were the sweet potato tots and biscuits! Everything else was ok or blah. Chicken pot pie was more like chicken mash with stuffing on top; mac & cheese was like out of a Kraft box; salmon was overcooked; meatloaf was edible; and coconut cake was more cheesy than coconut flavored? Service was slow or lacking. Luckily we ordered a nice bottle of wine... sad to say we will not be back.
- Let Down after reading reviewsAnnieGirl822Dined on 9/13/2014I was excited about trying Kitchen Notes before a concert last Saturday night. I brought my 14 year old daughter who is a picky eater but since KN had mac and cheese I knew I could go for a foodie experience and she would still be well fed. Her Mac and cheese was actually very good. It was very creamy, which she loves, and seemed to have multiple cheese flavors. Just what we would expect with a solid southern themed restaurant. I ordered a soup that had cabbage, bacon and blue cheese that was actually pretty good. My rub was with the main course. I ordered the bass. It was served with in season roasted vegetables and had several colors of cauliflower that I thought was fun. It was just a huge portion that needed more sauce and flavor.Special Features:
- Great place!RcjloooDined on 9/12/2014Great place within walking distance of many downtown attractions. Good for large groups, several big tables in main dining area. Clean lines, great decor!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lele86VIPDined on 9/12/2014Great dinner at Kitchen Notes. This was our third visit and by far our best. Service and food had been ok on past visits, but they seem to have improved in all areas. Biscuits are wonderful. We had the beet salad, shrimp and grits and the Carolina Rice. Coconut cake for dessert. Service was excellent- attentive but not obtrusive. We are locals- good place to eat before concerts, Titans or Predators games or just checking out downtown.Special Features:
- Better than I had hoped for!FlowerDined on 9/11/2014Took a dear friend for a birthday lunch wanting as well to check it out. Was more than pleasantly surprised! Everything was delicious and the bisquits and jam selection the bomb! Started with deviled eggs and some of the best fried green tomatoes with a beautiful homemade ranch dressing that I have ever had. Southern flair but also possible to have healthy as we both ordered the kale salad with blackened prawns. Delicious! The prawns had no tails which is very rare but I love as they are not as troublesome to eat. So impressed I am taking a large group for an upcoming birthday lunch! Would recommend in a heartbeat :).Special Features:
- Great find!JamiDined on 9/10/2014We needed reservations beforea concert, my local go to was already booked, so I stepped out aND got us a reservation here! BEST DECISION! Service was prompt, food was incredible and our experience was fantastic! The bucket of chicken was some of the best chicken I have ever had! Word to the wise, it's enough for two!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Southern HospitalityLucyDined on 9/10/2014Saw other reviews recommending this place & decided to give it a try. Glad we did. Ordered the fried chicken and so glad we did. The best we've had! Our server could not have been more friendly & on top of things. Highly recommend this restaurant for anyone visiting Nashville...good service, great food, nice ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kim was be very helpful inCNB13Dined on 8/28/2014ordering, made great suggestions and attentive to all out needs. My out if town guests felt right at home. Plus the good was once again tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Lovely ambiance, yet brand new luxury decor. Food was very good. I had the cheeseburger. Great deal at $14. Husband had the sirloin, a tender cut, cooked to perfection. Nice location, easy access, downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great, server not so muchJDknoxDined on 8/24/2014The brunch at kitchen notes is fabulous, but our server was not on top of things. And because it's a brunch buffet, all he had to do was drinks. He forgot my coffee and never brought a cream refill even after requesting it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointingnotsogood1Dined on 8/23/2014Gorgeous restaurant, knowledgeable staff but really sub par food for the price. We live local and feel the prices are higher b/c it's in a hotel and caters to out of towners. We ordered the sweet potato tater tots and they had a decent flavor though not anything exciting. I had the shrimp and grits and we also ordered the golden rice. Large portions but flavor was lacking.Special Features:
- 2LocaleatersDined on 8/23/2014Random choice after a movie on a sat night. The staff were all exceptional, from hostess to our server they were all super. We both had the special rib eye and the food was really good, not your typical hotel restaurant food at all. Decent wine list and nice menu selections. We skipped the dessert menu and had biscuits and jam from the biscuit bar instead, that was a great choice!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very solicitous staff!Angel1VIPDined on 8/12/2014The staff here are great! They aim to please. We had a nice window table as requested. Food was quite good but fairly limited menu. The biscuit bar is absolutely worth the trip - as are the crabcakes and the beet salad. Greens were very fresh. Parking is free if you valet but we didn't know that so we parked in the Music City Center garage on our own - when the staff learned that, they gave us a discount coupon. Nice large pours of wine and really cold beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had to wait, but food was greatSTL2014Dined on 8/12/2014We had a reservation booked in advance, upon arrival at our reservation time were told it would be another ten minutes. Normally would not be an issue, but since we were conducting business over breakfast, and on a somewhat tight schedule this was frustrating since we had made a reservation to avoid any delays. Waiter was great and food was delicious.
- Poor dinnerQuadcitiesgirlDined on 8/9/2014The service was so bad. Biscuits were very dry. I have had better ones at Cracker Barrell.
- Needs a Southern touch with serviceTravelbearVIPDined on 8/9/2014This was my second time to Kitchen Notes. It's a very cute restaurant, lots of local touches that go with the country music theme of hotel. It misses big in Southern Charm. The food might be southern with pimento cheese, biscuits, etc. but the staff seems to be from somewhere else. They have no clue what Southern hospitality is. They just want to serve the food and get on with it. This place is great need of a Nashville manager who "gets" southern food and service.Special Features:
- Kitchen Notes at the OmnimclaypoolVIPDined on 8/5/2014We really enjoyed the setting the service and the food at Kitchen Notes. This is really a neat spot to eat in a gorgeous setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved Kitchen NotesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/1/2014This was a party of four but only one had been there before. We were there for dinner and had delicious food:chilled peach and mint soup, scallops, crab cake, fried chicken, and the chicken pot pie. We live in the Nashville area so when we sent our compliments repeatedly to the chef, he sent us two complimentary desserts, peach and blueberry pie and blueberry cobbler. The meal began with a basket of fresh biscuits and cornbread from the biscuit bar with jams and butter. Wonderful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent spot for visitors.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/27/2014We are local but caught wind of the "biscuit bar" and gave the breakfast buffet a whirl. The decor, staff and food are all great. It was noisy because of the layout, but that is why I determined it's "good for kids" because there's no pressure to keep kiddos quiet. The food was excellent for vegetarians and carnivores alike... lots of options without skimping on quality. Make room for dessert!Special Features:
- not worth the moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2014I found the food to be overpriced for the quality.
- Can you say free gourmet biscuits?MelanieVDined on 7/18/2014Okay this place is waaaaaay under-rated... 1st—you get free parking at Omni, so you can stroll around downtown before or after & the restaurant is huge so it's easy to get in to. 2nd—they start you out with FREE gourmet biscuits that are to die for. 3rd—I've been there twice now & all of the dishes me & my guests have gotten were fantastic...from the hot chicken to the kale salads...there's something for everyone. They have lots of 6-top tables too, so great with a group.Special Features:
- Everything was great except...alenabakesVIPDined on 7/17/2014The fried chicken is sooo good, we ordered half regular and half hot chicken. Having Nashville hot chicken many times, we were not afraid. But this hot chicken is way too hot, neither my husband and I could eat it. It's kind of nuclear hot! Everything else was wonderful and large portions which was not expected for a hotel restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummy brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014lot's of really good food! great selection on everything, except dessert… there was nothing chocolate! however our great server did check with the chef to see if there were any chocolate desserts he didn't know about and the chef sent out 2 chocolate candy bars for us to take home...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and experienceNashNateDined on 7/5/2014This was my 2nd visit to Kitchen Notes and this time I chose the restaurant for my Father's birthday dinner. It was a great choice that left my parents, who were visiting from out of town, very impressed. The restaurant was not packed with people, despite it being a Saturday night, so it was quiet and the wait staff was especially attentive. We had multiple people coming by to check on us to ensure a good experience. The food has a definite southern comfort feel to it. The decor also has a southern, yet modern charm. I had the shrimp and grits, my mom the striped bass, and my father the chicken pot pie. All of us were pleased with our selections. The shrimp were seasoned to perfection. A very enjoyable evening!Special Features:
- Nice casual dinner for in-townJRHMDined on 7/4/2014Food was timely and tasty. Would return with guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll go again.karengDined on 7/4/2014The food was quite good. Dinner included a Meat and 3 option that was affordable while it allowed you to try their wonderful southern cuisine. The wine list was goof for our group as well. The only negative thing I can say is they needed more wait staff. Our server was working very hard to keep up with his tables but we waited far too long to get our check. Everyone was without a beverage (including water). We had to ask the hostess to get our check. Hopefully they will fix this glitch and next time we'll be more on track.Special Features:
- Here on July 4th for fireworksOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/4/2014We just absolutely loved this place, the biscuits were heavenly. Just a short walk to view the spectacular fireworks. Waiter was amazing.Special Features:
- Great food & good serviceSuzanneVIPDined on 6/28/2014I thoroughly enjoyed my Nashville hot cracklin' pork shank, spicy but supposed to be!! It was nice of the manager to bring us samples of local TN red wine. Disappointed our waiter did not say nothing about the special drinks offered at the bar but we returned the next night to try 2 of them.Special Features:
- GREAT first visit!RiverwoodDavidDined on 6/28/2014First time there & I WILL be back. Picked it for convenience to Hall of Fame & Hatch Show Print. Easy to park. When mentioned to other friends I was told I'd love it. I did & so did she! Fine value for the money.Special Features:
- wonderful food selectionherbladyDined on 6/22/2014Well presented and very tasty. Wish our recent cruise buffet was this nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerJuddDined on 6/21/2014We had an excellent experience. From being seated to leaving everything was fantastic. Our server was way beyond excellent. Definitely recommend. Have also been there for brunch. Again, outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty comfort foodchubchubyumDined on 6/20/2014A good array of classic southern comfort foods - fried chicken was delectable, mac n cheese was creamy, mashed potatoes and gravy were flavorful and rich, chicken pot pie was excellent! The only comment I would have about the food is the fried quail on a waffle - fun to eat, but a little odd. Quail was delicious, but I didn't really need the stiff bland waffle underneath it. Biscuits were perfectly good biscuits, with quality butter and jam. Decor was very soothing and chic. Definitely plan on coming back!Special Features:
- Awesome Fathers Day brunch!Montana99Dined on 6/15/2014We went for Fathers Day brunch and I was pleasantly surprised. It was affordable and had a huge variety of food. Bottomless mimosa's were a plus. 3 hour parking was validated which was great. I will defiantly go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day BrunchgoldenfoodieDined on 6/15/2014I went to Kitchen Notes for the 1st time on Father's Day. They had a special brunch buffet that was really outstanding. My husband and i were very pleased...we'll go back again to check out their "normal" brunch...& also give dinner a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING BRUNCH!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2014My twin sister was in town so we went to brunch there with my neighbors...I was a bit apprehensive that they would not enjoy it as much as I did my first time. BUT they did! And then some! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.