Kimo's Restaurant Maui
845 Front St. , Suite A
Lahaina, HI 96761Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Kimo's Restaurant Maui
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kimosmaui.com/
- Phone: 8086614811
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner 5-10 PM daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Hawaiian
- Executive Chef: Alfonso Acevedo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Chris Almeroth 8086675466
- Entertainment: Hawaiian music nightly
A word from Kimo's Restaurant Maui
On the water in the heart of historic Lahaina Town, Kimo’s offers a casual, quintessentially Maui dining experience. This landmark restaurant is renowned for its fresh Hawaiian fish, prime rib, prime steaks and Original Hula Pie. Kimo’s has been regarded as a Maui “must do” for over 35 years. Visitors and locals alike return again and again for generous portions, reasonable prices and lively atmosphere. Lunch and dinner are served daily along with ocean breezes, spectacular views of the islands of Lana’i and Moloka’i, fiery sunsets, and friendly, gracious Island hospitality. At lunch time we offer a more casual menu and do not accept reservations. Lunch seating is on a walk-in basis only.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kimo's Restaurant Maui reviews from OpenTable diners
132 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (101)great for outdoor dining (93)romantic (54)special occasion (48)good for groups (35)hot spot (32)vibrant bar scene (30)kid-friendly (30)fit for foodies (27)neighborhood gem (23)great for lunch (17)late-night find (11)great for brunch (5)notable wine list (5)Show More
- Beautiful sunset!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/16/2014We have dined here twice before so knew what to expect. Great food, beautiful setting and great service.Special Features:
- AmazingTravelingcoupleDined on 9/15/2014My husband and I loved what we both had for dinner and you couldn't have picked a better view of the sunsetSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent always a favorite in townLAdinerDined on 9/14/2014Did not dissapoint. We always make time to visit Kimos when on Maui. One of the best sunset views while having dinner. The bread , food and drinks were simply marvolous. Highly recommend it for the dining experience with someone special. The seafood is fresh and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- juppeats3.5starjuppeatsVIPDined on 9/14/2014Our group had a top notch experience at Kimo's. The highlight was our server Jim. This was THE best service I can ever remember from any restaurant. He was friendly but not in an artificial way. When he brought food out for other tables he'd show it to us to give us an idea of what we might order. Our wine and water glasses were always full. He showed us a neat cork trick, among other fun things he did to make our time truly memorable. Food was great as well. I had the marlin with the Thai sauce and it was perfect. Blue cheese wedge also excellent. One guest had the prime rib. Done just like he wanted, but too much meat (14oz is enough). Nice music playing in the background and view of sunset always a treat.Special Features:
- Dinner on Sept 13, 2014CrusaderDined on 9/13/2014I was very disappointed with our last visit to Kimo's on Maui. I had put in a reservation 5 weeks in advance of our arrival to ask for a table by the rail (or close) and even called to verify the time. When we got there, they told us there would be a short wait. After 20 minutes and seeing several people be seated who came in after us, I went up and asked. It turned out they had written the wrong "code" down so our marker did not "flash". They immediately said they had a table and then stuck us at a large table in the back of the restaurant with no view. It got worse as the waiter kept forgetting about us and we to keep asking for water or whatever we needed. It was a disaster for our last nite on Maui. Duke's is 10x better!
- Great menu & a killer viewCaliFoodGirlDined on 9/13/2014The food was amazing. The sunset view was priceless. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We had the prime rib an dopa, they were both succulent. The prime rib was like velvet. The fish was flavored superbly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Been going to Kimo's for 30 years, and plan to make it the next 30. Great fresh fish, prepared by gourmet chefs, and served by skillful servers. Can hardly wait for the next visit, right in the heart of Lahaina town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScottScottDined on 9/11/2014Had perfect dinner, seats, view, weathers, server, and amazing desserts. Fish dishes are special and perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and viewalkoiv24VIPDined on 9/5/2014We ate here for lunch and dinner on our trip and the food was very good both times. They also made a very tasty lava flow!Special Features:
- When Can I Go Back?DeliciousDined on 9/4/2014This place was pretty amazing. I ordered the ribs, which was pretty awesome-just had a little bit too much sauce on it. The Strawberry Virgin Pina Colada is SPECTACULAR! A must try. I almost finished it in one gulp. It caught my taste buds off guard The waitress was so kind. This place is out of this world: my group and I arrived, ordered, ate, paid, and tipped within 30 minutes. Crazy, right? Well, we were pretty hungry... For a late night dinner, this place hit the spot, beautifully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good seafoodCostaDined on 9/2/2014Nice spot. Good view of the water and close to nearby shops and bars. Seafood and dessert was very good, but the service was amazing. Server went through all details of the menu and gave good recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kimosvetKimosvetDined on 9/2/2014My wife and i have been to Kimos many times. We love the ocean views. This years visit didnt disappoint. Food was great. If you like prime rib get the Kimos cut.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PRIME RIB!lovesushiDined on 8/30/2014The best prime rib I ever had! I will never eat prime rib anywhere else.Special Features:
- Lahaina ClassicMVHuskyDined on 8/27/2014My wife and I make plans to have dinner here every time we get to Maui. Again, the food was great. Blue cheese salad had great zest. My prime rib was a perfect medium rare. The Molikini cut was plenty big. My wife enjoyed her steak. And the location and staff can't be beat. Now my kids love coming here too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kimos is okayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Can't say I had a great dining experience as both of our dishes were overcooked. Nothing worse than dry opah and swordfish. The sauces made up a for some of the dryness. The dessert was good making up a little for the main course. The service was good. Since we came in at night it was pitch black looking out.Special Features:
- rakgkDined on 8/23/2014food was delicious. we were seated promptly at our reservation time. the serving sizes were perfectSpecial Features:
- vacation paradisebirdfoodDined on 8/22/2014Kimo's is a great place to enjoy a Maui sunset. The service staff are all friendly and incredibly attentive. The fresh Hawaiian fish selections are wonderfully prepared. Try the Ahi tuna. It is spicy hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Service & FoodJennyleilaniDined on 8/22/2014Took my mom here for her 60th birthday. She is not much of a foodie person and she is very simple so this type if thing makes her uncomfortable. She totally enjoyed herself and the food. The service was extremely excellent as it seems everytime I drank my water it was refilled. Very attentive staff. The food was very presentable and delicious. At the end of the meal they surprised us by singing Happy Birthday to my mom. They also were good to catering to our 7 & 2 1/2 year old. MahaloSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience ay KimosSouthBayGirlLovesToDineDined on 8/16/2014Really enjoyed the overal experience. Serive was great. Our food server took time to explain well all of the dishes and fish. He was funny and interacted with my 8 year old niece. The food was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KimosOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Me and my best friend went to Kimos for what we thought was a nice evening out. The food was great and the view was fantastic. Our server ruined our while night with zero personality and couldn't care less about the table.Special Features:
- Not as great as hopedFuninthesunDined on 8/15/2014Almost too hot to sit at the Oceanside a few hours before sunset. Service was good. Food was what was expected. Restaurant needs updating. Hard to find parking.Special Features:
- Always great dining by the Ocean1RayDined on 8/14/2014Great food and great service with a gourgoes ocean view.Special Features:
- Memorable Anniversary DinnerKBoPDXDined on 8/11/2014We made a last minute trip to Maui for our wedding anniversary. Kimo's was recommended by a family member so we made reservations via OpenTable, mentioning we'd love a table with a view for our anniversary, if possible. We showed up early, hungry from a long afternoon of shopping and walking to see if anything might be available prior to our 8:30 reservation. We didn't have to wait long until our table was ready on the deck, yay! Our server was fabulous, greeting us by name and wishing us a happy anniversary! The food and drinks were great, I highly recommend the pulled pork lettuce wraps-heaven wrapped in lettuce! Great ambiance and attentive service, even a dessert on the house. We will be back, thank you for a perfect experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best meat I ever taste,primeRibMartaDined on 8/9/2014The best meat I ever taste, prime Rib, good cocktailsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable restaurant, great locationJTfrHBDined on 8/2/2014You can't beat the location of this downtown Lahaina restaurant. The food and cocktails are consistently good, and the service is good, but the view is the best thing about this restaurant. Good restaurant for groups and kids too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyFIshVIPDined on 7/29/2014We had a great dinner at Kimo's. Our server was in training and she did a great job. Her name was Jenna and we didn't see her trainer, but she seemed to be quite knowledgeable about the menu. The brussel sprout hash was amazing! You must order this for dinner!
- nothing specialeatoliveDined on 7/29/2014The fish and steak were both good tasting but the portions were small. I got rice and veggies with my meal. The asparagus was blanched then served cold along with a tomato and some shreds of cheese. That was all very good. The rice was seasoned and rather salty. The bread was good. We finished with their famous hula pie which was just okay. We shared it and still didn't finish it because it was so much ice cream. We were in the restaurant from 5:30-6:50 and sat upstairs which is both inside and outside seating with no partition and the sun was beating in. They have sunscreens but it was still hot in the" inside" seating. The service was very good and you are waited on by a variety of people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambience!OpenTable Diner Since 2000Dined on 7/27/2014Our food was okay, but the view and ambience and great service made it a memorable experience.Special Features:
- Great meal and location!MicroDined on 7/17/2014We had a great meal at Kimo's. It was our 20th anniversary and the staff made us feel very special. Our table had a great view of the ocean and the sunset. The food, from appetizers to the Hula Pie, was outstanding.Special Features:
- Not as we rememberedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/14/2014We have always made it a point to put Kimo's on our must dine when we are in Maui. Unfortunately on our last visit - overall experience was a let down. Service was spotty. And food portions have gotten smaller. Fish entrees were good except vegetables were bitter. Kids meal food quality was mediocre. Yes, the view is beautiful, however feel there are much better restaurant options in this price range.Special Features:
- Kimo's RestaurantnefoodieDined on 7/11/2014We went to Kimo's as our last dinner in Maui, we were flying home that very night. I would recommend people get there early, it was quite busy and we had a little bit of a wait. We had previously made reservations using open table, but we wanted preferred seating so we waited a bit longer. The hostess's were extremely friendly and energetic and got people seated as quickly as possible. The wait staff were wonderful and friendly. The drink selection was creative and I choose the Lave Flow and it was phenomenal!! The fish is fresh daily and both of our selections were beyond wonderful!!! We were very pleased with our last dinner in Maui!Special Features:
- StaffCbullockuncDined on 7/8/2014Staff was excellent and very accommodating. I dined alone and was not made to feel like I was an inconvenience. Would definitely return and recommend to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tiny Tots and Tiny TablesOldManDined on 7/8/2014The food we ordered was actually pretty good. We ordered two salads to share between four people and the staff brought them out on four plates for us. The marlin was prepared quite well, not soggy and.soft nor dry and hard. My only complaints are that the outdoor tables are so small we could barely fit all of our plates and and drinks, they were edge to edge. There were a lot of kids; the two beside us knocked the bread and muffins (yes you served muffins with bread) off there own table after five minutes of being seated. Some other kids were taking "selfies" the entire night. Thankfully there were no screaming babies and tantrum toddlers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner experienceSTISTIDined on 7/5/2014Got a Table Downstairs, by the sea, and while downstairs is a bi tore pub-like and fast paced The waiter was excellent and always there. Food was really good. It is just great island food, period. It is priced accordingly too. Enjoy the Fresh Fish : :Lehi, Mahi Mahi or Wonchong. Kimo's style Baked is really the best :). I suggest getting a reservation that will be about 60 to 90 minutes from sunset time, that way you get the timing of Sunset for dessert. PS the Sunset was really nice to watch over Coffee and the HUGE Luau Pie Ice-cream!Special Features:
- Great foodGregDined on 7/5/2014Had a great dining experience, drinks and service. Would recommend if in LahinaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okaypattygVIPDined on 6/30/2014The food was good but we were not a fan of the dark nautical decor. Might have felt differently if we got a waterfront table. Dark and drab inside. Too many other great choices to go here again.Special Features:
- Awesome viewGrumpyDined on 6/28/2014I come here for dinner every time I come to Maui ! It's a "MUST HAVE" dinner place with a beautiful sunset view !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kimo's Is A Maui Must!MangiaMadnessDined on 6/26/2014We had the last reservation for the night and had a wonderful experience. Food was delicious and the portions perfect! The drinks were never empty and our server Jim was a GEM! Looking forward to coming back!Special Features:
- Special kind of place.GrumpyDined on 6/23/2014Every time I come to Hawaii, I make it a point to dine at Kimo's at least once. It's a very special place with good food and a great sunset view !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.