Ken's Steak House
95 Worcester Rd
Framingham, MA 01701Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Ken's Steak House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kenssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 5088754455x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 1:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Rick Brown
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Ken's Steak House
With Age comes great things..Ken's steak house has been serving Metro-West since 1935. Ken and Florence Hanna had a sound formula for success: Good quality food at reasonable prices, an honest drink and a good cup of coffee. Guests always receive prompt, courteous, attentive service. The prime and choice cuts of beef and the fresh seafood found at Ken's has set a standard of quality that is unparalleled.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ken's Steak House - Best Restaurants in Framingham ›
Ken's Steak House reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since April 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (36)good for groups (22)neighborhood gem (21)romantic (21)great for lunch (9)kid-friendly (9)fit for foodies (9)notable wine list (6)great for brunch (6)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (2)Show More
- Old schoololdschoolDined on 8/12/2014Ken's has been around a long time. It's signature meals are better than good and comfortable. Don't plan on dancing.Special Features:
- KrisADined on 8/11/2014I hadn't been to Ken's Steakhouse in years and was wonderfully pleased that it was as delicious as I remember. It's such a classic and a little like going back in time when dining out was an "event." We were not rushed through our meal -- which was exceptional. We did not have time for dessert ... So will have to comment about that next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NomsCoupleinloveDined on 8/9/2014It was very romantic. Our waiter was attentive to us and didnt come when we were mid-bite. Food was verrrryyy good. My bf didnt like the béarnaise sauce and asked for steak sauce instead. Good thing our waiter suggested the sauce on the side. Place was very relaxed, it was our first time there and def plan on going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!RickVIPDined on 8/9/2014We had clams casino as a first course and they were yummy. The interesting thing about Kens is that they are known for steaks, yet my girlfriend had cod an d I had swordfish and they were Both great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dump the new menuDhbrDined on 8/3/2014They changed the menu recently. Removed steak tips which were one of their best dishes. Their chicken parm had the consistency of a cooked sponge. Yuk. Young server kept forgetting what we ordered. Got the main meal ok, but forgot my side dish.Special Features:
- Pleasantly Surprisedmaryellen01754Dined on 8/3/2014I had not eaten at Ken's for about 30 years and was wondering if they had kept up with the times. I must say the food was quite good (the Filet was perfect and melted in my mouth). Others in our party had the Chicken, pasta and broccoli and commented that it was the "most flavorful that he's ever eaten". The service was great, also. One downside is the smell when first walking into the restaurant. One would expect the tempting aroma of steaks broiling but instead are confronted with a strong musty smell. Not a great way to begin a dining experience.Special Features:
- GREAT FOOD GREAT ATMOSPHERE.goodeatsDined on 7/29/2014A famous New England restaurant! Known for their steaks and salad dressings, their prime rib was wonderful too! As was their baked scallops. White Linen tablecloth, but casual dining. Warm onion bread was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch at KensFloridagalDined on 7/28/2014The menu was very limited - there was no one in the place - maybe 2 other tables occupied - The waitress was blah. There were no specials like before. I would not go there again.
- Ken's Steak Hs - Framingham, MAOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014First time back in several years - had forgotten how lovely Ken's is furnished and how great their food is. Well worth the trip and will definitely be back. Hours may be a negative to late night as they close at 9:30pm but overall a very pleasant experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so goodVegasVIPDined on 7/11/2014My husband and I have been there three or four times this past year. Every time was much better then this. It was a slow night. The food was mediocre at best. The waitress appeared to have no training. At dessert there were empty glasses, cocktail sauce from the appetizer, salad plates etc...in my opinion, having waited table for years this should never happen. She was back and forth several times because she forgot things, just look around and clean your table! SOGGY salad, no excuse. Ken's was always famous for their ""included" crisp iceberg salad with their famous dressing which is still delicious. Not the worst food but tasteless. Sadly, we probably won't be returning.
- Special DinnerDonnalb48Dined on 6/29/2014We took our friends out to Ken's for dinner. It was the perfect "special" dining experience. The waiter could not have been more attentive. Our meals were delicious. I am not a steak eater so I ordered the fish and it was perfect. The steak eaters were also very pleased with their meals. Our friends were very pleased with the experience and it definitely felt special.Special Features:
- What happened to Ken's?MassDinerDined on 6/28/2014My ribeye was overcooked and about 1/8 thick. Ken's used to be known for excellent steaks. I told my waitress (Katherine) that my steak was a bit gristly and I would need a steak knife. No problem. This went right over her head. I hate sending food back, as do most people, so the chef should get it right the first time. If management is telling them to serve 1/8 ribeye's, one of the most expensive meals on the menu, then the problem isn't in the kitchen. I always loved eating there and we were very disappointed. What happened to the old Ken's?
- Great mealRobertVIPDined on 6/24/2014The salmon and steak were wonderful. We will be back.Special Features:
- always a favoritemuffietinpanDined on 6/23/2014The prime rib was excellent, and our server Dominique was very attentive.
- winoDined on 6/18/2014very nice , server was excellent, had prime rib for lunch, and it was cooked as ordered, would have liked more juice with it, but other 2 guest had plenty, generally nice visit. would recommend for lunch. plenty of parking, just off rt.9 .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice family restaurantodinerDined on 6/15/2014Ken's steakhouse is a traditional American steakhouse. The setup is great for family gathering and special occasion; not really for romantic outings. Service is good. Good steak and seafood but the price is not cheap. I like their coffee.Special Features:
- Good thing for grouponMLM76Dined on 6/15/2014We went here in a Groupon and it's a good thing. I would most likely not return and have to pay the full price. The food was ok. Appetizer was delicious, however being a steak house, I was very disappointed in my meal. It's almost as if the steak tasted freezer-burn?!
- Great for large groupsmom1964Dined on 6/14/2014We had a group of 11 people with a mix of adults and teens. The menu was broad enough to accommodate the varying likes of everyone. The food was very good and the service was excellent. Everyone left full and satisfied.Special Features:
- This was NOT worth the drive.likes2eatgoodfood2Dined on 6/14/2014The only food that was acceptable even though it was the size of a half dollar was the crab cake as the appetizer. My husband and I both got the special of the day "Land and Sea". It was suppose to be steak cooked to your desire with a demi-glaze and a stuffed lobster tail. The "steak" was pot roast. The "demi-glaze" was very runny gravy and the stuffed lobster tail was a frozen stuffed lobster tail. The salad that was suppose to be "the bomb" was swimming in dressing. The waitstaff were fantastic though.
- Old-fashioned family celebrationjjmjjjDined on 6/6/2014Great spot for Grandpa to take the family to celebrate a big event (in this case, graduation). We enjoyed every minute of it. The food is very good and nicely priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Choice for Lunch or DinnerMaryLouDined on 6/6/2014The service was very good from apps to entree's we had six dining and everyone was satisfied with their choices. I would recommend Ken's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gggirlDined on 5/31/2014We were the last customers in the Cafe 5 room and were very pressured to leave at closing time. Food was amazing but the way we were greeted by the wait staff was beyond unacceptable.Special Features:
- Ken's good food fair decorRonMacVIPDined on 5/30/2014We had dinner at Ken's on a Friday night. No problem getting seated on time, service was excellent, and food was very good. The ambience and decor is in desperate need of an update - it's basically the 60's in the room. Add to that the karaoke quality singer on the bar and it brings the score down. Not a bad night, but Ken's could be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodslr1400Dined on 5/27/2014My friends and I had great meals and service. Extensive menu. The wine was not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best nightDougRVIPDined on 5/24/2014I've has better there. It can be just the piece of meat I had that wasn't outstanding. It was all pretty good except the actual steak. It's not that it was bad it just wan't particularly good.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2014For a $30 filet mignon there was absolutely NO seasoning!
- best prime ribcutes1125VIPDined on 5/21/2014we love the prime rib!!! my god-mother loves the end cut prime rib and she said it's the best place ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good meal, MSGAnonymousDined on 5/17/2014Six of us went to Ken's for the dinner graduation of our niece who wanted "steak"!! One person on our party has MSG intolerance. Apparently all the steak options were out except for the prime rib. Many of us had the prime rib (including one King cut), and they were all delicious and cooked as we wished. Ken's will have high marks for that. The wine list was limited but we found an acceptable Pinot Noir. Overall a good meL and evening especially since we were staying in the Framingham area.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinning ExerienceHappyDinerDined on 5/17/2014Great steaks cooked exactly as we ordered....that's a big plus, rarely does that happen! Customer service was top notch and a very nice atmosphere. Prices were a bit toward the top end, but the quality of the meals was well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OK.Likessteak2014Dined on 5/17/2014We went to Ken's Steakhouse to celebrate my son's college graduation. Our reservation was honored and we were seated at a nice roomy table. The service was good. The decor is dated but not so bad that it would ruin a meal. The problem here is the food. My salad was drenched with dressing-ordering the dressing on the side would be my recommendation. I order the filet and was cooked ok but it was tasteless. It had no seasoning at all and it was not a flavorful piece of meat. The fact that it came with sides is better than a lot of other steak places but the green beans used were frozen and served mushy. The baked potato was fine and my sons liked their mashed potatoes and fries. I do not live in this area but if I did, I would not go back.Special Features:
- Disappointing7seniorsDined on 5/17/2014I had a fish and scallop dinner scallops were good fish tasted like it was right out of the freezer with a mixture of whatever. Didn't taste like fish. We were a total of 7 diners. Most were not happy with the quality of food. We will take this restaurant of our list of yearly places to eat
- Ken's SteakhouseKT1955Dined on 5/15/2014Ken's has the reputation of having great food. The prime rib was not exceptional, nor were the side vegetables. The stuffed mushrooms were the bright spot on the menu, but not enough to warrent a return trip.
- ProutsDined on 5/11/2014We were a group of 6 for a 4pm Mother's Day dinner. We like Ken's for that special occasion dinner. Everyone in the party enjoyed the food and drink. Waitress was very good but also very busy. Interior has that old school charm and feeling. Only downsize might be that when crowded the noise level is high. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014It was my son's graduation day and mother's day. I looked at the website and picked this restaurant because of the menu. They never indicated on the website or when I made the reservation that there was a limited menu that day. Very limited options.
- Just BlahBostonBlondieDined on 5/11/2014We needed a place in the Framingham for Mother's Day and wanted to make sure we could get a reservation, so we chose Ken's. The website made no mention of Mother's Day, so after viewing the regular menu we made a reservation. It turned out all we had to choose from was an overpriced menu with 6 entrees. Items were at least $5 more than n the regular menu. The "infamous" salad was a major letdown w/ iceberg lettuce, one tomato and 3 onions. Sides were portioned into small ramekins. Literally, three spoonfuls of butternut squash is all you can spare? The chicken saltimboca was listed with proscuitto and cheese, neither of which were on the entree when it arrived. And be prepared to pay $9 for a piece of birthday cake. We won't be returning!
- great deal on prime ribcutes1125VIPDined on 5/7/2014celebrated early mother's day since my mom love the prime rib here and Wednesdays when they have the special deal. the Delmonico steak comments from the other guests were okay since it had gravy on it as a sauce when it should just be grilled until cooked to the customers order.Special Features:
- Overall disappointmentPenny219Dined on 5/7/2014We were so looking forward to our dinner at Ken's. Both had not been there for several years. Still a kickback to the 80's, but besides, it is a "Steak House" and the steaks disappointed to a point where we both agreed, a chain restaurant would have been a better choice. The first steak of one diner had to be returned, 1) overcooked; 2) was definitely wrong cut and the waiter pushed off as it shrunk due to overcooking, not the case. Companion diner ended up eating alone. The service was very slow. From the beginning it took much too long for someone to greet us at the table and at least offer water. A reservation was not necessary this evening. We will not be returning to Ken's as there are better choices in the metro west area.
- Fabulous FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/4/2014Our family recently celebrated a Birthday at Ken's on a Sunday. We made reservations for 1pm when they opened. Though initial service was a bit slow, the waitresses were very pleasant and helpful, and more than made up for it with quick service and lots of attention for the rest of the meal. Onion rings a must! Home made and juicy hot!! Clam chowder, the best. My father is a fussy person and hasn't been able to find a really good Prime Rib anywhere in a long time...WOW, they made the grade! He was VERY PLEASED. Also, the Chateaubriand, Baked Scallops, and Swordfish Kabobs, were perfectly cooked and served piping hot. Atmosphere was old world but cozy, and leather chairs were a comfortable surprise. We'll definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not kid friendlyOutwithkidsDined on 4/27/2014When booking my reservation online, I stated that I would need a high chair and that it was my husband's birthday. Upon entering holding my 1 year old, I was asked if I would need a high chair. I feel that I took the time to write that, the high chair should have already have been at the table. My husband and I then had to move the chairs around, removing one to a corner ourselves. That is something the staff should have taken care of. After we were done our meal, we sat for a lengthy time with our plates in front of us before our server finally came over to box them up. Not a mention of the birthday. The food was fantastic but I would not go here with a child. There was also nowhere to change my son in the ladies room.Special Features:
- The following 137 reviews are from the Ken's Steak House reviews archive.
- Oldie but goodieleslie37Dined on 4/22/2014A little dated, but great steak & seafood in traditional atmosphere. Excellent service although waitress was a little chatty. Excellent salad dressing as expected! Can't complain - will return!Special Features: