Ken's Steak House
95 Worcester Rd
Framingham, MA 01701Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Ken's Steak House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kenssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 5088754455x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 1:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Rick Brown
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Ken's Steak House
With Age comes great things..Ken's steak house has been serving Metro-West since 1935. Ken and Florence Hanna had a sound formula for success: Good quality food at reasonable prices, an honest drink and a good cup of coffee. Guests always receive prompt, courteous, attentive service. The prime and choice cuts of beef and the fresh seafood found at Ken's has set a standard of quality that is unparalleled.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ken's Steak House - Best Restaurants in Framingham ›
Ken's Steak House reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (34)good for groups (25)neighborhood gem (21)romantic (18)fit for foodies (13)great for lunch (11)vibrant bar scene (7)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (6)notable wine list (5)late-night find (3)Show More
- jesse was great serverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Hi we visit ken's often and have had a great experience each time. Our server Jesse was very friendly, poliite and made a very nice experience for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic SteakhouseSeafoodpaloozaDined on 9/14/2014We've been to Ken's on a number of occasions and have always been pleased with the food and service. The menu has a selection to please anyone's food preferences so it's a great place to take the family. Service is attentive and pleasant. Prices may appear to be high but the portions are large. We always end up taking some of our food home.Special Features:
- PassableBalloongirlDined on 9/13/2014Weate in Cafe V. Much better than the rest of the restaurant, but it is tired and not up to whHat it once was
- A classic.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014Perfectly done steaks, prime rib, and scallops. Really impressive wait staff. Wine selection is decent but the markup is 300-500% which is just way too much. I like a nice cabernet with a good steak, but I'll be having beer at Ken's from now on.Special Features:
- KensdrhcVIPDined on 9/10/2014Excellent service, friendly wait staff, food great, luncheon specials great valueSpecial Features:
- Ken's - Tried & TrueRSKIDined on 9/6/2014You always know what you'll get here. Done w/ quality & class. An "old school" place, definitely not a chain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ken'sJR747VIPDined on 9/1/2014Quite nice, first visit, son attends Framinhgam State and we are from Illinois and it was recommended by his friends who live in the area. Was not very busy (we were there on the Monday of Labor day). Food was excellent, service was very good. Would suggest a moderate facelift of interior decor, nothing extravagant but some of the furnishings were a bit dated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a ThrowbackRickDined on 8/30/2014Ken's is a decent restaurant that has stood the test of time. It seems to attract a sixty plus crowd. They have a nice lounge with live music. The food and drinks were good, didn't have room for desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit of a let down.BirthdayGirlDined on 8/26/2014I want to start off by saying the staff was very nice however, our meal was disappointing. The rolls were not fresh and I have had a better steak. It was cooked to the right temperature but it really was flavorless. I had to add salt to give it some taste. It was my birthday, so at the end of my meal we were excited for the free desert. Turns out it was real birthday cake that wasn't very fresh drizzled with chocolate sauce. Not impressed. Plus my $24 steak came with one side (I got asparagus-very tasty) but I felt like a baked potato and I had to pay an extra $3 for the potato! I think I meal should come with a choice of potato and a veggie. Tried it once won't go back unfortunately and wouldn't recommend it either.
- Old schoololdschoolDined on 8/12/2014Ken's has been around a long time. It's signature meals are better than good and comfortable. Don't plan on dancing.Special Features:
- KrisADined on 8/11/2014I hadn't been to Ken's Steakhouse in years and was wonderfully pleased that it was as delicious as I remember. It's such a classic and a little like going back in time when dining out was an "event." We were not rushed through our meal -- which was exceptional. We did not have time for dessert ... So will have to comment about that next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NomsCoupleinloveDined on 8/9/2014It was very romantic. Our waiter was attentive to us and didnt come when we were mid-bite. Food was verrrryyy good. My bf didnt like the béarnaise sauce and asked for steak sauce instead. Good thing our waiter suggested the sauce on the side. Place was very relaxed, it was our first time there and def plan on going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!RickVIPDined on 8/9/2014We had clams casino as a first course and they were yummy. The interesting thing about Kens is that they are known for steaks, yet my girlfriend had cod an d I had swordfish and they were Both great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dump the new menuDhbrDined on 8/3/2014They changed the menu recently. Removed steak tips which were one of their best dishes. Their chicken parm had the consistency of a cooked sponge. Yuk. Young server kept forgetting what we ordered. Got the main meal ok, but forgot my side dish.Special Features:
- Pleasantly Surprisedmaryellen01754Dined on 8/3/2014I had not eaten at Ken's for about 30 years and was wondering if they had kept up with the times. I must say the food was quite good (the Filet was perfect and melted in my mouth). Others in our party had the Chicken, pasta and broccoli and commented that it was the "most flavorful that he's ever eaten". The service was great, also. One downside is the smell when first walking into the restaurant. One would expect the tempting aroma of steaks broiling but instead are confronted with a strong musty smell. Not a great way to begin a dining experience.Special Features:
- GREAT FOOD GREAT ATMOSPHERE.goodeatsDined on 7/29/2014A famous New England restaurant! Known for their steaks and salad dressings, their prime rib was wonderful too! As was their baked scallops. White Linen tablecloth, but casual dining. Warm onion bread was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch at KensFloridagalDined on 7/28/2014The menu was very limited - there was no one in the place - maybe 2 other tables occupied - The waitress was blah. There were no specials like before. I would not go there again.
- Ken's Steak Hs - Framingham, MAOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014First time back in several years - had forgotten how lovely Ken's is furnished and how great their food is. Well worth the trip and will definitely be back. Hours may be a negative to late night as they close at 9:30pm but overall a very pleasant experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so goodVegasVIPDined on 7/11/2014My husband and I have been there three or four times this past year. Every time was much better then this. It was a slow night. The food was mediocre at best. The waitress appeared to have no training. At dessert there were empty glasses, cocktail sauce from the appetizer, salad plates etc...in my opinion, having waited table for years this should never happen. She was back and forth several times because she forgot things, just look around and clean your table! SOGGY salad, no excuse. Ken's was always famous for their ""included" crisp iceberg salad with their famous dressing which is still delicious. Not the worst food but tasteless. Sadly, we probably won't be returning.
- Special DinnerDonnalb48Dined on 6/29/2014We took our friends out to Ken's for dinner. It was the perfect "special" dining experience. The waiter could not have been more attentive. Our meals were delicious. I am not a steak eater so I ordered the fish and it was perfect. The steak eaters were also very pleased with their meals. Our friends were very pleased with the experience and it definitely felt special.Special Features:
- What happened to Ken's?MassDinerDined on 6/28/2014My ribeye was overcooked and about 1/8 thick. Ken's used to be known for excellent steaks. I told my waitress (Katherine) that my steak was a bit gristly and I would need a steak knife. No problem. This went right over her head. I hate sending food back, as do most people, so the chef should get it right the first time. If management is telling them to serve 1/8 ribeye's, one of the most expensive meals on the menu, then the problem isn't in the kitchen. I always loved eating there and we were very disappointed. What happened to the old Ken's?
- Great mealRobertVIPDined on 6/24/2014The salmon and steak were wonderful. We will be back.Special Features:
- always a favoritemuffietinpanDined on 6/23/2014The prime rib was excellent, and our server Dominique was very attentive.
- winoDined on 6/18/2014very nice , server was excellent, had prime rib for lunch, and it was cooked as ordered, would have liked more juice with it, but other 2 guest had plenty, generally nice visit. would recommend for lunch. plenty of parking, just off rt.9 .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice family restaurantodinerDined on 6/15/2014Ken's steakhouse is a traditional American steakhouse. The setup is great for family gathering and special occasion; not really for romantic outings. Service is good. Good steak and seafood but the price is not cheap. I like their coffee.Special Features:
- Good thing for grouponMLM76Dined on 6/15/2014We went here in a Groupon and it's a good thing. I would most likely not return and have to pay the full price. The food was ok. Appetizer was delicious, however being a steak house, I was very disappointed in my meal. It's almost as if the steak tasted freezer-burn?!
- Great for large groupsmom1964Dined on 6/14/2014We had a group of 11 people with a mix of adults and teens. The menu was broad enough to accommodate the varying likes of everyone. The food was very good and the service was excellent. Everyone left full and satisfied.Special Features:
- This was NOT worth the drive.likes2eatgoodfood2Dined on 6/14/2014The only food that was acceptable even though it was the size of a half dollar was the crab cake as the appetizer. My husband and I both got the special of the day "Land and Sea". It was suppose to be steak cooked to your desire with a demi-glaze and a stuffed lobster tail. The "steak" was pot roast. The "demi-glaze" was very runny gravy and the stuffed lobster tail was a frozen stuffed lobster tail. The salad that was suppose to be "the bomb" was swimming in dressing. The waitstaff were fantastic though.
- Old-fashioned family celebrationjjmjjjDined on 6/6/2014Great spot for Grandpa to take the family to celebrate a big event (in this case, graduation). We enjoyed every minute of it. The food is very good and nicely priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Choice for Lunch or DinnerMaryLouDined on 6/6/2014The service was very good from apps to entree's we had six dining and everyone was satisfied with their choices. I would recommend Ken's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gggirlDined on 5/31/2014We were the last customers in the Cafe 5 room and were very pressured to leave at closing time. Food was amazing but the way we were greeted by the wait staff was beyond unacceptable.Special Features:
- Ken's good food fair decorRonMacVIPDined on 5/30/2014We had dinner at Ken's on a Friday night. No problem getting seated on time, service was excellent, and food was very good. The ambience and decor is in desperate need of an update - it's basically the 60's in the room. Add to that the karaoke quality singer on the bar and it brings the score down. Not a bad night, but Ken's could be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodslr1400Dined on 5/27/2014My friends and I had great meals and service. Extensive menu. The wine was not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 152 reviews are from the Ken's Steak House reviews archive.
- Not the best nightDougRVIPDined on 5/24/2014I've has better there. It can be just the piece of meat I had that wasn't outstanding. It was all pretty good except the actual steak. It's not that it was bad it just wan't particularly good.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2014For a $30 filet mignon there was absolutely NO seasoning!
- best prime ribcutes1125VIPDined on 5/21/2014we love the prime rib!!! my god-mother loves the end cut prime rib and she said it's the best place ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good meal, MSGAnonymousDined on 5/17/2014Six of us went to Ken's for the dinner graduation of our niece who wanted "steak"!! One person on our party has MSG intolerance. Apparently all the steak options were out except for the prime rib. Many of us had the prime rib (including one King cut), and they were all delicious and cooked as we wished. Ken's will have high marks for that. The wine list was limited but we found an acceptable Pinot Noir. Overall a good meL and evening especially since we were staying in the Framingham area.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinning ExerienceHappyDinerDined on 5/17/2014Great steaks cooked exactly as we ordered....that's a big plus, rarely does that happen! Customer service was top notch and a very nice atmosphere. Prices were a bit toward the top end, but the quality of the meals was well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OK.Likessteak2014Dined on 5/17/2014We went to Ken's Steakhouse to celebrate my son's college graduation. Our reservation was honored and we were seated at a nice roomy table. The service was good. The decor is dated but not so bad that it would ruin a meal. The problem here is the food. My salad was drenched with dressing-ordering the dressing on the side would be my recommendation. I order the filet and was cooked ok but it was tasteless. It had no seasoning at all and it was not a flavorful piece of meat. The fact that it came with sides is better than a lot of other steak places but the green beans used were frozen and served mushy. The baked potato was fine and my sons liked their mashed potatoes and fries. I do not live in this area but if I did, I would not go back.Special Features:
- Disappointing7seniorsDined on 5/17/2014I had a fish and scallop dinner scallops were good fish tasted like it was right out of the freezer with a mixture of whatever. Didn't taste like fish. We were a total of 7 diners. Most were not happy with the quality of food. We will take this restaurant of our list of yearly places to eat