Katsuya - Brentwood - SBE
11777 San Vicente Blvd
Brentwood, CA 90049Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $31 to $50
Katsuya - Brentwood - SBE
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.katsuyarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 310-299-2058x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Mon-Fri 11:30am-2:30pm
Dinner: Sun-Thu 5-10pm, Fri-Sat 5-11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Katsuya Uechi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: sbe Catering offers Katsuya's award-winning Japanese cuisine by Master Sushi Chef Katsuya Uechi at any location, for intimate dinners at home, meetings at the office or elaborate parties just about anywhere. Customize your event with tray-passed service, seated dinners or chef’s stations. sbe Catering can do it all! Visit www.katsuyarestaurant.com or call 323.525.2400 to plan your event today.
- Special Events: From intimate to grand, let sbe Events + Catering plan your perfect event at Katsuya. Katsuya Brentwood accommodates up to 250 guests with design by Philippe Starck, on-site and off-site catering, custom menus by Master Sushi Chef Katsuya Uechi, and premium mixology and specialty cocktails. Visit www.katsuyarestaurant.com or call 323.525.2400 to plan your event today.
A word from Katsuya - Brentwood - SBE
Upon its debut, Katsuya Brentwood was named one of Travel + Leisure's "Best New Restaurants," and it continues to garner acclaim as one of OpenTable's "50 Hottest Restaurants in the U.S." and the Los Angeles Times Readers' Choice "Best Sushi Restaurant" in Southern California. Featuring the dynamic pairing of Master Sushi Chef Katsuya Uechi and design impresario Philippe Starck, Katsuya by Starck is truly a feast for the senses. With specialty cocktails, unique rolls and spectacular sushi and sashimi platters, Chef Uechi skillfully translates Japanese flavors to the American palate.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerJapanese
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Katsuya - Brentwood - SBE - Best Restaurants in Brentwood ›
Katsuya - Brentwood - SBE reviews from OpenTable diners
113 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
hot spot (64)fit for foodies (64)special occasion (49)neighborhood gem (46)good for groups (43)great for lunch (21)vibrant bar scene (18)kid-friendly (17)romantic (17)late-night find (9)great for outdoor dining (6)great for brunch (5)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- First class SushiShowbizLizVIPDined on 10/27/2014One of the best Sushi places in LA, a city known for great Sushi. Outstanding daily specials, friendly staff, great cocktailsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLisaVIPDined on 10/26/2014The food was very good . . . but . . . The restaurant was very cold, very noisy, and although the servers were friendly and attentive, it took too long to get our food.Special Features:
- DeliciousKarenPDined on 10/25/2014We went as two couples. The food was delicious as well as interesting and fresh. Great grapefruit martinis! It's a bit pricey but we felt it was worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UncomfortableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/24/2014Tables are too small, too low, ackward and uncomfortable. Need round tables & booths that are more comfortable for groups of 4-8. We come only for the high quality of food. They forgot our 8 year old daughters order, ordered early but brought it after everyone had finished their meal. Manager was very apologetic and gracious. But they probably should have comped her desert or something a little extra? The wait staff could have been more attentive, restaurant was not that busy; but they were very accommodating to move us to another table (2x) as our group grew as more friends joined our party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, drinks & serviceFoodieVIPDined on 10/23/2014I love this place. The food is great, the service similar and the drinks are wonderful. The only drawback is that they don't yet serve brown-rice sushi and they only serve french-press coffee, no espresso. Sitting in the room towards the back right is preferred for me as the front room can be quite loud when busy.Special Features:
- My kids like the food but not meFrequentdinernycDined on 10/20/2014I like this place since it's kid friendly but find the food overpriced and close to what I pay at Nobu. This ambience is nice, bit dark, and think the price doesn't warrant what one gets overall.Special Features:
- You can never go wrong at Katsuya!!FabFoodieVIPDined on 10/2/2014Katsuya NEVER disappoints! The food and staff are exceptional! Great happy hour "sips and bits"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerShellyVIPDined on 9/28/2014We love the food and enjoyed the booth they gave us! Can be noisy but it wasn't too loud when we dined.Special Features:
- Nice food and service, table OKFrequentdinernycDined on 9/28/2014I booked through OpenTable but found the restaurant seems to have put me right in front what seemed to be a walk-in table next to a storage area. So the seating was not thrilling. All the food is very good, had to ask two people for utensils for the main dish, and ask for a spoon for the miso soup which took a few minutes.Special Features:
- FineItalianRealDined on 9/21/2014This place is fine. Nothing that special. It is definitely hyped up. Waiters try to upsell you and when you get to the restaurant, they will suggest the most expensive dishes as the best and tell you, you need to order multiple dishes to fill up and that is not accurate. The hostesses are sooooo rude and on a Sunday night when no one had a reservation but me, they gave me a terrible table and I had to complain to get a better one. Pretty sure I was one of the only people who have a reservation since every time slot was available on opentable and everyone else I saw just walked in without reservations. Poor service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Class RestaurantMTG777saysDined on 9/10/2014Always a special place. Great fish. Ambiance electric. Service fast. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Kathy SKathySDined on 9/9/2014I was at Katsuya for lunch with a friend. It was a great time to arrive since it was early and very few diners had arrived. The ambiance is wonderful, service was great and the food was delicious. The lunch was very enjoyable and it felt very special! I would definitely recommend it to friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodDCPorterDined on 9/2/2014Katusuya is consistently outstanding. The sushi is always fresh and the highest quality. They have a good selection of raw and cooked rolls. The brussel sprouts appetizer is a "must order". Do yourself a favor and finish with the baked crab hand roll!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/30/2014Expectations exceeded as always. Excellent meal, exemplary service, overall great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Addicted to Creamy Rock Shrimp!NikkiLizDined on 8/22/2014This is my all time favorite place!!! It's just 5min from my house and I don't have to worry about the crazy scene you get in Hollywood with all the tourists and paps. I absolutely LOVE the creamy rock shrimp! I love it so much, I even got it for my main course as a roll, along with the bsc roll. I went with a non sushi eater who ordered the Miso-Marinated Black Cod with a side of Teriyaki chicken and loved it! For me it did not compare to the sushi. I never really have desert, but the waiter convinced us to try the bread pudding and it was to DIE for!!! Our Bradley Cooper look alike waiter also recommended the Eastern Raspberry Sidecar drink which is my new favorite. I definitely will take that over the Watermelon mojito from now on ;-)Special Features:
- TaninoVIPDined on 8/21/2014A consistent surprise with how good everything still is. The grilled Brussel sprouts, blk cod and tuna w crispy onions are to come back twice in a day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodPoggioloDined on 8/21/2014Food was great, service a touch on the slow side this time. Patrons are good looking mix of people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mariannaDined on 8/21/2014We had a great time and the food was heaven. Too bad some screaming kids were nearby but they mercifully left soon after plus that wasnt the restaurant's fault. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but goodmac1VIPDined on 8/19/2014When our party of 6 turned into 8- the staff was very accomadating and after a short wait, moved us to a more comfortable table. Food was a bit pricey but delicious. The Sautéed Brussel Sprouts and Spicy Tuna on Crispy Ricecakes are must haves. The cooked salmon roll was a bit disappointing. All in all a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A mustOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Great food, great service, and nice ambiance. Definitely a hotspot in LASpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatSushilove3Dined on 8/17/2014Food was delicious , ambience was pretty. Best sushi around I recommend it very much. It is a bit pricey. But worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousLba1Dined on 8/15/2014Perfect for every occasion. We always start with appetizers and maybe fill in with the chicken salad. You can't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RAINADined on 8/12/2014Unlike Bazaar, a different SBE restaurant (that in my opinion is ridiculously overpriced and pretentious), the Brentwood location of Katsuya is perfect. Great, friendly service, fantastic food, and delicious cocktails that are actually worth $15.Special Features:
- DanielDanielVIPDined on 8/9/2014Right up there with the best Sushi places in LA, but you pay for it. Fantastic food and excellent serviceSpecial Features:
- Lunch at KatsuyaDinerDined on 8/7/2014Excellent food, beautiful decor. Great rest room sinks. Have been there for lunch a few times. Always good.Special Features:
- it's our go-toaricadanielleVIPDined on 8/3/2014the food is delicious and we never have a problem getting in. the staff is super friendly and management is on point. if you love the yellowtail with jalapeño, order the citrus spoons.. you won't regret it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillVIPDined on 7/29/2014Delicious dining at this handsome venue with attentive serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Katsuya-Great Food; No OrganizationDiningDined on 7/26/2014I gave this two stars for service because although the food was terrific, the hostess and others working the reservations need to brush up on their manners and reservation handling. We had an appointment for 8:30 but were running late due to congestion on PCH. I called to let the restaurant know that we would be about 20 minutes late. She said it was fine and did not mention anything about giving our table away. To our dismay, when we arrived our table had been given to someone else. I found out after waiting another 30 minutes or so, that a few other parties were ahead of us. I wish that she had told us when we called so we could have gone somewhere else. The fact that she didn't tell us, and barely apologized earns them low points.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food quality was not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014The food was okay. Not worth the price and some of the sashimi didn't taste that fresh.
- Very good serviceOverratedDined on 7/24/2014Went there recently. We've been before, so we knew what to expect. Our waiter was professional and very pleasant. Food was very good. A little pricey, but we expected that.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceAJPJDined on 7/19/2014The food is terrific, and so is the service. Earlier in the evening, it's full of families. By 8-8:30, it's more of a hotspot and VERY loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mostly enjoyablegwgwVIPDined on 7/9/2014Our first visit and it was everything the reviews said it was. Great food but a bit expensive for what you get. However, the crispy brussel sprouts are definitely worth trying. Great service…attentive and helpful. Noisy and it wasn't even full while we were there. The design of the restaurant doesn't allow for the noise to be absorbed so you do have to raise your voice to be heard while speaking. It may be a bit better to sit close to the entranceway for a slightly quieter environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why the RUSH?SteveVIPDined on 7/8/2014We have enjoyed Katsuya many times, more than 20 however unless you remember when you start to order, they rush out all the dishes. This sucks. No one wants to be rushed. its not a laker game where you want to rush to your great and it is consistently happening. its one thing to turn tables but that is not what a good first class restaurant should do. Dining is supposed to be a enjoyable relaxing experience, not a fast food deal.Special Features:
- Exactly what we wanted tonightMamaVIPDined on 7/7/2014We were in the mood for a light meal and a great martini. Katsuya delivered both. We are very happy customers.
- Great food but way too loudLoudplaceDined on 7/2/2014This restaurant is beautiful and the food is great but it gets so loud in there that we had to escape after we ate to some place a lot quieter to be able to relax and hear each other talk. I wish they would put some sound absorbing items on the walls to quiet the place down bit.Special Features:
- The following 694 reviews are from the Katsuya - Brentwood - SBE reviews archive.
- Fantastic food and serviceFrankDined on 6/24/2014Can't say enough how amazing the food was. Best sushi ever!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food & outstanding serviceFoodieVIPDined on 6/20/2014Great evening. Sat in the beautiful back room and ate many small dishes, all excellent. Our waitress was sweet and attentive. Over great experience!Special Features:
- Decent food, subpar service.STeveODined on 6/18/2014Got the wagyu ribeye, asked for medium rare but received medium to medium well. Though it was still tasty I'd like it to be bloodier. The rock shrimp was good also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Specialty Cali-JapaneseLailaVIPDined on 6/16/2014Spicy tuna on crispy rice mini-patties, marinated cooked mushroom dish - those are my favorites. It's a bit pricey for what it is; there's a better place up the street without ambience if it's amazing food you're after. But the look of Katsuya and the wonderful service make it a nice choice for special occasions, dates...Special Features:
- too noisyfoodluverVIPDined on 6/15/2014We have been to Katsuya a number of times because the food is excellent. However, every time we go it is so noisy in both rooms that we can't hear each other talk. Also, we tend to eat earlyish--6 or 6:30 and we are always put next to screaming children. We have decided not to go there anymore after this last noisy experience.Special Features: