Kai Market - Sheraton Waikiki
2255 Kalakaua Ave
Honolulu, HI 96815Neighborhood:
HawaiianPrice: $50 and over
Kai Market - Sheraton Waikiki
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sheraton-waikiki.com/dining/kai
- Phone: (808) 921-4600
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily 6:00am-11:00am
Dinner: Daily 5:30pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Asian, Hawaiian
- Executive Chef: Darren Demaya
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Nightly Hawaiian entertainment. Hula dancer and a fireknife performance.
A word from Kai Market - Sheraton Waikiki
Kai Market offers discerning palates Hawaii"s freshest, locally-grown products masterfully prepared by Executive Chef Darren Demaya. With gorgeous views of the resort's new infinity edge pool and Waikiki Beach, Kai Market's cuisine was inspired by the "food fair" of plantation tables of Hawaii over 100 years ago that brought on an influx of ethnic cuisine to the islands. Kai Market's menu draws inspiration from both the traditional Hawaiian delicacies and the multi-ethnic generations of Hawaii's people and their roots to the plantations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kai Market - Sheraton Waikiki reviews from OpenTable diners
- Awesome menuhidineDined on 1/27/2014Even though it wasn't the special weekend menu, the selections were terrific. There was a lot to choose from and my daughter really loved the choices. We were especially impressed with the freshness and quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible valueOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 1/1/2014At $55 per person, this "buffet" was way overpriced. It was really more of a low end cafeteria. The food was tepid and poorly prepared. The best thing about the place was how quiet it was in the middle of bustling Honolulu. Maybe everybody else knew how bad this was.
- VarietyDaisyDined on 9/19/2013Great variety of food and interesting types of food. Will come again and try breakfast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud music degrades experiencetravelsalotDined on 6/24/2013The food was great -- prime rib and steamed catch of the day were outstanding. Desserts were fantastic. Our waiter Marciano was gracious and efficient. Unfortunately very loud rock music from an adjacent event pervaded the entire dining room. I would suggest checking with the dining room to find out when Hawaiian music is playing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A First-Rate BuffetJohnM1Dined on 5/22/2013We've never had such good food in a buffet. Thanks, Kai Market!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/6/2013It was great experience to taste local grown food at Kai Market. The preparation was perfect and flavorful. I will go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was excellent!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/16/2013The food was excellent!! Charging $55 for a buffet is absolutely crazy though!! There were a lot of other nice restaurants we went to on other nights because they were a lot less expensive.Special Features:
- Ridiculously overpriced touristOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/19/2013Ridiculously overpriced tourist trap. They seem to be chasing Japanese tourists and one time visitors. Won't be back
- Great food, truly from Hawaii.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/18/2013Great food. Restaurant uses local suppliers and that makes a big difference to us. Servings were kept fresh which I like in a buffet. Desert selection was above average for a Waikiki buffet. Service was good but it's a buffet so all they really gotta do is get your drinks and take the plates (which they did just fine). For visitors to Hawaii, the restaurant is open to the beach and has a great view.Special Features:
- Well spaced tables, not tooOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Well spaced tables, not too close together. Nice view of ocean, but partially obstructed by the Edge Restaurant outside. Decent offering of menu items which are of good quality. The ham and fish were a little dry though. Overall recommend.Special Features:
- Valentine's Day Massacre (ripoff)foodloverDined on 2/14/2013Seemed to be the same menu as any other night. Priced quite a bit higher for Valentine's Day for a glass of champagne??? It wasn't worth it. If they had something special to justify it, it might have been worth it but a glass of champagne didn't justify the higher price.Special Features:
- Kai Market for Valentine's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013This was our family Valentine's dinner including my wife and two kids (7 & 3). They had a special Valentine's buffet, including champagne and a rose for my wife. I'll say it was a bit pricey, but I suppose that's to be expected for a Waikiki hotel restaurant. One plus, under 5 years old is free.We requested an ocean view and were accommodated. All staff were very friendly and helpful. The food was very good with lots of options, though I'm not sure what would be available on the standard buffet. We had prime rib, crab legs, clams, ham, sushi, poke, salad bar, dessert table with chocolate fountain, and much more.We don't go into Waikiki much, but this was a nice treat for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Wonderful as usual. HaveyumyumDined on 2/12/2013Wonderful as usual. Have been here many times now and will continue to bring my out of state guests.Special Features:
- Food was very good, howeverCharlotteDinerDined on 1/3/2013Food was very good, however selection is not as advertised and rather limited. Very overpriced for selection and ambiance...much better restaurants in Waikiki to choose from.Special Features:
- Locally sourced offeringsPaulCDined on 12/26/2012Locally sourced offerings with a Pacific Rim flair elevates this above the usual buffet fare.Special Features:
- Buffet makes the most of uniquePaulCDined on 12/1/2012Buffet makes the most of unique Hawaii cuisine flavors.Special Features:
- Kai Market - Seafood BuffetHoped4betterVIPDined on 12/1/2012We decided to visit Kai Market for the 3rd time. We had dinner here before for "Paniolo Night". We had the breakfast buffet that morning too. It was our first visit to the "Seafood Night". When we arrived there was a short wait as the restaurant had just opened. We were seated within 5-10 minutes and started on the buffet immediately. The first plate was sushi, sashimi, ahi poke and tako poke. The fish was fresh and very flavorful and the sushi was also tasty but a little soggy. It seems the rice was a little overdone but still satisfied my craving. Next plate was prime rib and snow crab legs. The prime rib was excellent. One comment was I wish they had fresh horseradish to choose from besides the creamy version.Special Features:
- BBQ night omitted 4 of theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/27/2012BBQ night omitted 4 of the advertised options, which meant nothing was actually from a BBQ. The quality of the food that was available was incredibly poor, especially considering it costs $55 per person.
- Put us on a small table inOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/10/2012Put us on a small table in the corner. Worker who was giving out the steamed fish, gave really small pieces. When we asked him for one more piece, he said he can't do that, just come back later, but yet a person in the back of me did the same and he received three pieces of fish! Server was not seen AT ALL during the meal. Only time was when he dropped off the bill on the table! Water was NEVER Refilled! Very poor service. Would NOT recommend to anyone and will let everyone know how bad Kai Market is.
- The price is high for theNickDined on 11/2/2012The price is high for the food they serve $58 per person. You can get better food at Orchids at Halekulani Sunday brunch for about the same price.
- Awesome! Food was ono. DinedOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/9/2012Awesome! Food was ono. Dined with our keikis ages 8/5/2 they enjoyed the buffet as much as we did. Kid friendly and excellent service! We will be back again once on island =]Special Features:
- オススメ…しません。OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2012料理の数が少ない。美味しいとは言えない。この価格を出す価値は？ないでしょう。二度と行きません。オススメしません。Special Features:
- Our dinner was great, veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2012Our dinner was great, very relaxing and our waiter was terrific... The food was very tasty.. The price was very reasonable considering we're in Waikiki. Thank you for a great service..Special Features:
- We went on a Saturday eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/18/2012We went on a Saturday evening so this buffet had lots of seafood and a decent amount of Hawaiian foods. Live entertainment. Sat outside so we had a great view of the ocean and sunset. Every item we tried was full of flavor from the seafood chowder to the braised boneless beef ribs to the chocolate haupia trifle. It is a bit pricy but worth it.Special Features:
- Expected high end dining toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2012Expected high end dining to match price, got a mix of mid-high end but with tourists in casual wear. Food was okay. (Saturday menu) Desserts were excellent.Special Features:
- Great Scenery, Good Food, Service?yummy4tummyVIPDined on 8/16/2012The scenery is beautiful -- what could compare with a majestic view of Diamond Head and the crystal blue waters of the Pacific? Food is great as many local foods are incorporated. The Paniolo themed nights are best; wish they would feature more Big Island ranch beef (steak) rather than the expected and hum-drum Roast Beef station. Service tonight was dismal -- we had to search for our server consistently and he kept forgetting what we requested. At other times, service has been outstanding -- Kehau is da best! Also, wish they could have their usual bread offerings, as the baker here is excellent. There was only lavosh available and we were asked to ask our waiter for more choices, but where was he?Special Features:
- Awesome food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2012Awesome food and service! Having a good melt in your mouth prime rib and crab legs is already a plus in my books... but the steamed onaga took it over the top! Their friendly staff make you feel very comfortable and at home. This is definitely someplace that I'll be returning to time and time again!Special Features:
- Food was excellent, we enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2012Food was excellent, we enjoyed just about every dish. I wish I was a bigger eater.Special Features:
- We had 4 senior citizens inOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/29/2012We had 4 senior citizens in our group, who have difficulty walking. I had requested a table near the buffet and they accomodated us by putting us on the closest table to the buffet! It was so much easier for the seniors to get their food and so appreciated! We also were celebrating a birthday and they remembered and brought my daughter a cake and sang!
- Gary our server provided excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/25/2012Gary our server provided excellent service. The special desserts for our birthday diners was a beautiful surprise.Special Features:
- Hopefully no one will haveHnlDinerVIPDined on 7/21/2012Hopefully no one will have same server we had. We had to continually wave at him to get his attention. Follow up on drink orders. He never seemed to understand the distinction between a "twist" and "olves". The food was good and plentiful. Since our server was so slow, we went over the two hour valet validation and for the extra 10 minutes were charged $8.
- Service was wonderful! Crab,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/14/2012Service was wonderful! Crab, not so much. Everything else delicious.Special Features:
- Not Your Average BuffetOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/7/2012Took out of town guests who don't really care for buffets, and they are still raving about how much they enjoyed dinner. They are recommending it to all of their friends. The food was excellent (be sure to go on Friday or Sunday as that is when the seafood is on the menu and to try the kabocha [pumpkin] potato puree) and we enjoyed the live music and hula. Server was MIA at times and had to ask for beverage refills. Busing staff took care of finished plates in a snap, we never had a pile on our table. Will be back!Special Features:
- A decent buffet. AmbianceEatEatEatVIPDined on 6/30/2012A decent buffet. Ambiance is very nice. We opted to sit on the lanai with a clear view of Diamond Head and right next to the ocean. We we also next to the Infinity Pool; the view was amazing. Live music was great. Service was good; a busser cleared our table when we weren't done eating yet. That was... odd. The food was okay. We went for the 'seafood buffet'. I expected more 'seafood' but there was a mix of seafood, Hawaiian food, and Chinese food. Cold station so so. Main entrees were okay. Island style fish was excellent. Snow crab legs VERY juicy and delicious. Bread pudding was THE best dessert; other desserts were not bad. $58 per adult for dinner. Worth a try, but I would not go back... the Prince Court has a much better buffet.Special Features:
- One of the best experiencesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/25/2012One of the best experiences we've had in a long time. Would definitely recommend to family and friends.Special Features:
- Seniors delightOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/23/2012This was a great spot for out friends age91 and 87. They live in Honolulu, but don't get out much. They enjoyed the food and the entertainment. Seafood buffet is a hit!Special Features:
- Took Dad here for Father'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/17/2012Took Dad here for Father's Day dinner. He couldn't stop talking about it.Special Features:
- Nice Dinner BuffetTravellerVIPDined on 6/8/2012Loved the island favorites with local flare; for example Molokai potato salad. Nice view of Diamond head. Pretty relaxing overall. The night we were there the shrimp and crab legs were especially good. A Thai coffee dessert was delicious. Would recommend Kai Market.Special Features:
- SERVICE EXCELLENCEByakuyafiendDined on 6/4/2012Restaurant granted allrequests to the T! Requested table for viewing fireworks GRANTED! Requested armless chair got FOUR! Advised celebrating early birthday & Father's Day GRANTED surprise chocolate brownie cake with candle and serenade by staff! Absolutely WONDERFUL for late in day reservation request! The topper a Las Vegas quality fireworks show and a waitress and host who immediately identified us as kamaaina and provided us with the best discount we qualified for!Special Features:
- This place is not cheap soOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/2/2012This place is not cheap so you need to come with a big appetite. There is a coupon in one of those tourist magazines as well if you're not local. The restaurant emphasizes the "farm-fresh" concept. I liked the presentation of the buffet; each dish was in some type of pot, not like a huge chafing dish. I especially enjoyed the crab legs and the island style fried rice. The menu had lots of hawaiian influence. We also enjoyed live music. It was fairly noisy which was fine with us 'cause we had a 12, 4 and 1 year old with us, the youngest being extremely loud and embarrasing the heck out of us. They didn't serve the kids child-friendly drink containers. One con was that they charged us for the sodas. Geez, they can't include that in buffet?Special Features: