2 Harrison St.
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
TriBeCa - Downtown
KoreanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://jungsik.kr/#hello
- Phone: 2122190900x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Korean, Korean
- Executive Chef: Jung Sik Yim
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Jung Sik offers an intimate private dining room ideal for small corporate events or special occasions.
- Private Party Contact: Kyungmoon Kim 2122190900x
- Special Events: Intimate private dining room available perfect for smaller groups, families and business meetings.
Private dining area available for parties up to 20.
- Cross Street: Hudson
- Public Transit: Subway
JUNGSIK is located on the corner of Hudson and Harrison
From the local 1 train it is the Franklin Street Station. Walk one block west on Franklin street to Hudson street, and head south till you see Harrison st.
The Chambers Street Station (1,2,3 or A, C trains) is a short four block walk away. (just head north on Hudson)
- Parking: Street Parking
A word from JUNGSIK
JUNGSIK offers a modern and unique Korean cuisine by innovative Chef Yim whom the New York Times has christened "The Pioneer of Modern Korean." This landmark Seoul experience is now offered at his TriBeCa flagship (former Chanterelle space), where bold flavors and playful culinary offerings abound. Jungsik brings the innovations of French cuisine and new Spanish movements into the Korean realm while staying true to big and bold familiar flavors of Korea.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
JUNGSIK - Best Restaurants in TriBeCa - Downtown ›
JUNGSIK reviews from OpenTable diners
122 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (96)fit for foodies (87)romantic (69)notable wine list (49)neighborhood gem (19)good for groups (14)hot spot (12)great for outdoor dining (4)late-night find (3)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- A Culinary TreatWoodieVIPDined on 10/18/2014Every bite was a culinary treat. The big/small portion options were a bit confusing, but if you order an appetizer, small rice, and two small entrees (I had the crispy red snapper and gabli) you will feel full. I would recommend trying two small entrees instead of one big entree to give you more food to taste. The mushroom appetizer was flavor filled, and the pork in the bossam rice was delicious. My entire meal was filled with unique, complex flavors that contrasted well. Also, recommended Bordeaux wine paired nicely with the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wished Korean food could taste..cravemeDined on 10/16/2014...like this. Quality ingredients. Quality techniques and service. Just hands down great. If only all Korean restaurants in nyc can serve this level of cuisine. The only con was price. Usually Korean food historically was never expensive. To be catapulted to another price world is tough. To pay 95 bux for a truffle bibimbap I thought was excessive, especially when it just tasted like mushroom risotto. Still. It's an experience to at least try once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/8/2014Excellent - elegant ambiance, delicious food, attentive and professional service.Special Features:
- Get the SnapperCateInNYCDined on 10/7/2014My date and I tried the set menu $160 rather than a la carte ~$40/plate partly because it's difficult to know what to choose. Reviews rave about all the dishes. Having tried 9 courses and 3 extra desserts, I would say that their notably best dishes were the red snapper and the amuse bouche. A third of the other dishes were stronger in seasoning than you'd expect in fine dining; this is because they originate from Korean dishes where the strong sauces are absorbed by more protein than are given here. The bulgogi dish was especially salty because it's more of a soup than a marinate on pork. The galbi was too rare for my taste. The other true stand out was the superior service. You can definitely take a date here and have a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inventive menu, sterile atmosphereTorontofoodieDined on 10/1/2014flawlessly presented and interesting tastes. The chef is an artist and the dishes were unique. The bibimbap was basically mushroom risotto with Parmesan and truffles ...is this Korean? Only negative was that the staff were silent and subservient and not all that lively. They appear almost automatons and sucked the air from the room a bit. It was a very quiet and formal restaurant, and we are used to more casual relationship with staff, even in high end places.Special Features:
- Simply awsome..!Gabos1972VIPDined on 9/30/2014The whole environment was amazing...food, ambiance, service......the course is the perfect fit for a different taste.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014though quite costly a nice place to have dinner for special occasion or if you are into food....the cuisine is well worth a visit!Special Features:
- Very upscale Korean!CarolynSVIPDined on 9/19/2014We enjoyed a very interesting dinner at Jungsik. The menu was very original -- a choice between a 9 course tasting menu (for $160 per person) or an a la carte menu selected from five different categories of food. While the restaurant is pricey, it was a treat to try some excellent Korean specialties in a very elegant atmosphere (formerly, the home of Chanterelle).Special Features:
- tout simplement parfait!NQR123Dined on 9/18/2014Un restaurant haut de gamme à la cuisine très recherchée, des accords mets-vins exceptionnels, un cadre épuré et raffiné... What else! Un très bon moment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jungsik fanCPwiseVIPDined on 9/15/2014This was our second visit to Jungsik, the first time we really liked it very much, and coming back not only confirm the good food but also the ambience and service, what we really liked was the quality of the food, and the portions, you can eat small or regular portions and also as many dishes as you want, i reccomend to taste at least four dishes and maybe three smalls and one regular, the short rib was amazong, also the fishes and the appetizers, definetely we'll come back, and if you caan bring your own bottle.Special Features:
- 3 is a crowdacriticDined on 9/13/2014This was the third time I dined here, the second time I came back I was warmly welcomed and service was impeccable. Not this time, and food was not as amazing as on both earlier occasions. This a beautiful place for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Food was exquisiteBettyDined on 9/13/2014Truly deserving of its 2 michelin star rating. I probably couldn't eat it everyday because it is quite rich but perfect for an evening date. The chef's tasting menu was $160.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JungsikAngeDined on 9/12/2014Fried oyster was really good. And the service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pretentious and expensiveelmicaelVIPDined on 9/10/2014food is good, so is the wine list. the prices are out of line, and they market this ridiculous wine per glass serving technology that makes for a very awkward demonstration and does not fit the pretensions of the place.Special Features:
- Worth every penny!gregVIPDined on 9/10/2014Everything was absolutely wonderful. We were four foodies and everybody thought it was great. When do you ever see that? Not cheap but worth every penny!Special Features:
- Korean ExcellencestoneaveatsDined on 9/9/2014Dinner was brilliant; wines were excellent; service was attentive; but unobtrusive. We came two days in a row and we were delighted each time. The first day we had the tasting menu and the second we chose from the a la carte menu - both splendid - food delicate and very pleasing. I would suggest sitting in the front room only because the back room can get noisy if you have the misfortune of sharing that room with loud diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014We had a fabulous dinner at Jungsik. Each dish was spectacular, especially the sea urchin.Special Features:
- ExcellentWestchesterFoodieDined on 8/29/2014Every course of the tasting menu was divine. Truly enjoyed every minute at the restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Korean AmericanToydocDined on 8/29/2014Delicious food although the portions are small; avoid the fixed price menu and stay with individual choices.Special Features:
- Always a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/27/2014Our third time here, 2nd time celebrating our anniversary here. We tried the tasting menu this time. It was fantastic. Consistent excellence at Jungsik. We we will back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently exceptionalcaliforniafoodiesVIPDined on 8/25/2014Wow--and then some. Each bite is full of flavor and the presentations are exquisite.Special Features:
- Beautiful foodMag12Dined on 8/23/2014We went for a dinner to Jungsik to celebrate my birthday. It is a perfect place for such an occasion - very elegant but not heavy at all. It really deserves Michelin stars as the food is just beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful date nightclemmyDined on 8/23/2014This was our first Michelin star restaurant experience. We were celebrating and wanted to do something special. I had a reservation for a Saturday night. It was pretty busy, but not overcrowded. The service was top notch. We weren't too hungry so we chose not to do the tasting menu, and instead, based on our server's recommendation, got four things each, all the smaller sized portions. Our favorites were the sea urchin, yellowtail, octopus, galbi, and the oysters. We also had the pineapple dessert and the green tea, which we both loved. At the end, they brought out a little bonsai tree box and inside there were a few little desserts (mini macarons, chocolates, and financiers). Overall, wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Outstanding !BernieDined on 8/22/2014The restaurant is excepcionaly good ! Everything ! The presentation of the food is great.Special Features:
- SuperbEdelbevanDined on 8/16/2014Dishes to please the eye, tastebuds and mind...intelligently designed and executed with intense, rich flavors. Amazing wines by the glass and half bottle. Loved the seating area also that we were given, a rounded booth for two. Comfy and solved the perennial problem of one of us facing the wall. Standouts: Royal Bibimbop and Jungsik steak. Corn creme brulee amazing. We did the tasting menu, which is deceiving -- even though the artistically presented portions are small, the nine courses add up to quite a feast. Service was friendly and warm while still conveying the seriousness with which the chef and staff take the food.Special Features:
- Excellent service!dhoeDined on 8/16/2014The staff was very attentive, helpful and knowledgeable. The food was very good and plates were a work of art. My girlfriend and I had a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- One of a kindLordBritishVIPDined on 8/11/2014I enjoy finding and dining at great restaurants. JUNGSIK is a great restaurant! Their unbelievable creativity in flavor combinations, presentations and service make this one of the finest and most unique dining experiences I have ever had. This restaurant deserves far more fanfare than it currently receives. While Korean cuisine rarely comes to at least my mind, when thinking of extraordinary dining... JUNGSIK should should be put on everyone's lists of extraordinary places to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant and Amazingglass006Dined on 8/9/2014Truly a great find in Tribeca. Pricey but well worth it!Special Features:
- Excellent and original Korean foodscotabroadDined on 8/7/2014I had a thoroughly enjoyable time at Jungsik. I tried the tasting menu with wine pairings. Particular highlights were the fried oysters with accompanying Riesling. The sweetness of the wine brought out the full flavour of the oyster and matches the fried batter perfectly. Nice as this dish was, however, I think my favourite of the evening was the Royal Bibimbap. This take on the traditional dish substitutes the normal sliced meat for foie gras to wonderful effect. The setting is simple, a main dining room which is elegantly decorated with two rows of tables along opposite walls. Staff were knowledgeable and courteous throughout. Overall this is an excellent restaurant. Korean food this good really has to be sampled by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant, just about perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/2/2014Everyone should have the experience of the tasting menu and flight of wines at Jungsik.Special Features:
- Fusion of Flavors!gr8foodVIPDined on 8/1/2014We loved the food -- such interesting combinations of flavors. We would definitely go back for the food. The service was the only part of our evening that felt "off" -- our waiter was too professional. He needed to be a tad more friendly. When we go out for an evening of trying wonderful food (especially a tasting menu) we enjoy "sharing" our joy with the waitstaff. Our wine server clearly connected with that, which was fun. Servers need to "read" their clients so that the meal is as social/not social as it needs to be. LOVED the food, though. Go there!Special Features:
- Amazing!summerDined on 7/30/2014I have been here two times in a week, it is enough said. Food is super delicious and super flavorful. I am totally amazed. To me, I enjoyed the food here more than a few Michelin three stars restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PierreDined on 7/21/2014Le serveur nous a propose le the ou le cafe juste après nos plats sales ce qui n'est pas très correct. En general, le boisson chaud, le serveur devrait le proposer soit en meme que le dessert ou après le repas. Cette proposition non professionnel nous a presse a quitter la table plutôt ignorant les desserts inclus dans le tasting menu et ainsi que le dessert supplement offert. C'est dommage que ce serveur ne soit pas aussi attentionné.Special Features:
- Very impressiveTheBrushDined on 7/15/2014Super food full of flavors, super wine list and the sommelier did really a good job in suggesting a great wine for us. The service was second to none, they offered little extras in the form of additional flavors. All in all, if you can afford the place, it is a must go. I would definitely return!Special Features:
- outstanding and unusualEpicure4711VIPDined on 7/12/2014This is a one-of-a-kind restaurant. The food is full of surprises (e.g., the vegetables accompanying the delicious scallops are scented with yuja (yuzu in Japanese) but always in a gentle way and never "over the top". At the same time, each dish is clearly picking up a theme in Korean cuisine, using quintessentially Korean ingredients and presentation forms. The wine pairing of the tasting menu is similarly creative, and the attentive yet natural service rounds off a thoroughly exciting and pleasant experience.Special Features:
- DelicatepbchefDined on 7/10/2014Was expecting more traditional korean style, it really seemed French with and asian flair. None the less the dining experience was first rate, with interesting flavor combinations.Special Features:
- Great Food. Entrance needs work.Luv2dine10Dined on 7/10/2014The Korean fried chicken given as a complimentary taste was off the page good, wish it was offered as an appetizer. Loved the fried oysters. Uni was drowned out by the salad and quinoa under it. Crispy snapper was awesome. We had a good time despite feeling rushed by the waiter. The food was excellent, fresh and well presented. Unfortunately the waiter was very pushy and kept rushing our order, even though we were the only ones in the place. She was very aggressive with recommending the most expensive food and bottles of wine. She was a little too present in asking us what we thought of every morsel of food we put in our mouths.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IncredibleStarrat1Dined on 7/7/2014The textures, aromas and flavours are unlike anything you are likely to experience at any other location. Service was exactly what you would expect for a venue of this calibre, always there when you need it but never disruptive in any way. One of the best meals my wife and I have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could not be betterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/4/2014We had a fantastic birthday celebration here. I could have not asked for a better time.Special Features:
- Amazing dining experienceFoodie4everDined on 6/27/2014Gorgeous venue, amazing food & excellent service. Not your temporary Korean cuisine but an interesting & modern twist on everything that is yummy in Korean cuisine. Will def return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 425 reviews are from the JUNGSIK reviews archive.