Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab
60 East Grand Avenue
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
SeafoodPrice: $50 and over
Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.joes.net/chicago
- Phone: 3123795637x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Brunch Menus:
Saturday 11:00am - 4:00pm
Sunday 11:00am - 4:00pm
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Gary Baca
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab
Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab is the culmination of a partnership between Lettuce Entertain You and Joe's Stone Crab, the legendary seafood restaurant of Miami Beach. Opened in Chicago in the fall of 2000, Joe's features an extensive selection of seafood, flown in fresh daily, to complement the world's finest Florida Stone Crab claws. Joe's has quickly built a reputation as one of Chicago's top steakhouses, featuring the signature 16 oz. Bone-In Filet Mignon and 22 oz. New York Strip Steak. Matched with Joe's famous side dishes, dinner only gets better when capped with a slice of key lime pie. Enjoy a generous cocktail in the bustling lounge or the tuxedo-clad service of the clubby dining room and you'll understand why dinner at Joe's has quickly become one of Chicago's favorite social engagements.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab - Best Restaurants in River North (Chicago) ›
Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab reviews from OpenTable diners
769 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (535)fit for foodies (342)good for groups (264)notable wine list (247)hot spot (225)romantic (213)great for lunch (152)neighborhood gem (131)vibrant bar scene (120)late-night find (46)kid-friendly (45)great for brunch (44)great for outdoor dining (16)scenic view (7)Show More
- A must when in ChicagoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Excellent food, top service in a vibrant atmosphere. Don't miss it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carry CashOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2014Reservations are a must, but cash is king and walk-ins welcome, providing they pay the headwaiter. We confirmed our reservations day of, arrived and checked in on time and the head 'host' told the headwaiter to seat us when a 'regular' jumped ahead and palmed him $40 dollars during their "hi - how are you" handshake. Guess who got the nice booth in the corner? We were seated a few minutes later at a 4 top by the kitchen door. My son was gracious to take the seat that took the brunt of servers pushing past as the tables were closely pushed together. The only redeeming factor was our server - Denise. Incredibly professional & polished. Food was good, but overpriced. Not on my itinerary next time around.Special Features:
- great and greaterGoodVIPDined on 10/18/2014Joes is our favorite spot to celebrate anything. The food is awesome and the service can't be beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Somewhat too crowded, the restaurant allowed dining in the bar, so it was not possible to have a drink before dinner, besides that good dinner experience.Special Features:
- King Crab & Bone-InOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014I've been to Joes a few times and have tried a number of things on the menu but this time I got the 2 things they are most known for. Our group of 4 split the large order of king crab for an appetizer. It was $80 which is steep but we all thought it was definitely worth it. For my meal I got the 16 oz bone in filet and if it was appropriate to do in public, I would have been chewing on the bone like a dog.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Seafood in ChicagoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014Visited Joe's Seafood several times and each time the food has been excellent! Service was excellent too. Will continue to make this place a routine comeback time after time, again and again. Do not miss this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server Emilie S...lBatonwaverVIPDined on 10/16/2014See my full review on TripAdvisor.com under the same title. Reviewer name Batonwaver.Special Features:
- Waterbug59Dined on 10/16/2014Food was fantastic, service was great! A little "spendy" but well worth it!Special Features:
- amazing food, outstanding service!BuLoOoSkiDined on 10/15/2014Everything was amazing. The dober sole fish in particular was spectacular, as well as the havana dream pie. The staff were friendly and well informed about all menu items. Would definitely go again next time im in chicago!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Iconic Chicago steak & seafoodToiyeuDined on 10/15/2014Wonderful in every way: food, ambience, service. If you want to experience flavourful, perfectly-cooked steak and seafood, served by attentive, knowledgeable staff, this classic steak & seafood restaurant is not to be missed. Perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An experienceChrispieDined on 10/14/2014This was a special occasion - and wow was this special. Food and service were outstanding. Seafood and the steaks (we tried both). Definitely make a reservation!Special Features:
- Busy on Tuesday night!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/14/2014Joe must be doing something good because there was standing room only last Tuesday. Very crowded, but excellent service and food. Also very happy with my opentable reservation being honored on time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerriDined on 10/14/2014amazing - was in town for a conference and went there 2 nights in a row - it will kill your budget but it is worth itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of my favoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/13/2014the food was great, the service too and very good wine for all budgetsSpecial Features:
- Excellent lunchMikhailDined on 10/13/2014We had a lunch in this restaurant. It was really good seafood and excellent service. I can not say anything about steaks but seafood was outstanding.Special Features:
- Good but used to be betterQueenstravellerDined on 10/12/2014We have been here before and were a little disappointed with the meal. First of all, the room was so loud you could barely hear across the table. Secondly, the meal was good but nothing was served hot. Maybe the kitchen had an off night, but for the money you pay your 43 dollar filet should be steaming hot!!!
- Memerable MealDaniel5130Dined on 10/12/2014Excellent Dover Sole, fired asparagus and peanut butter pie, service was flexible and greatSpecial Features:
- Consistently GreatjrolandruDined on 10/12/2014My family frequents Joe's often, and it is consistently great. The attention, food, and drinks always make for an enjoyable and memorable evening.Special Features:
- Amazing king crab legsOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/12/2014As always everything was delicious, its a shame that they discontinued some great dishes from the menu, but the new ones are excellent too.Special Features:
- Best recommendation from localsHungryCaluforniaTravelerDined on 10/11/2014A local bartender and patrons recommend Joe's, and we couldn't have had a better experience anywhere else. The earliest reservation we could get was 10:30, and it was worth staying up for. The server, Darren was amazing, thoughtful, and funny. All his recommendations were amazing! Even though it was late, the food was fresh and the room was humming with happiness. Joe's was a perfect ending for our last evening in Chicago. I highly recommend to any traveler.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasion dinnerJoleneDined on 10/11/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to Joe's. The food was outstanding and the service was great as well. We definitely will come back again.Special Features:
- perfectrealtordanDined on 10/10/2014I travel to Chicago weekly and try to have dinner with my wife someplace different every time. Joe’s however was by far one of the best places we’ve dined at in Chicago. There was nothing bad about the food or staff. Excellent in every way. I will be revisiting often.Special Features:
- WaitJanie123Dined on 10/10/2014We had to wait 35 minutes for our 8 pm reservation. Not much space to wait but will come back every time I am in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PatceeVIPDined on 10/10/2014Every visit to Chicago must include a dinner at Joe's. The stone crab claws are amazing and the bone-in filet is the best steak in Chicago!!Special Features:
- GeorgeVIPDined on 10/10/2014Wow, top notch all the way around. We had been there once previously, had enjoyed it, but was a little underwhelmed by the service we received from our waiter. This time - wow! We started with the stone crab as an appetizer (superb!), a ribeye steak as our main course (with such great flavor!), creamed spinach and the hashed brown potatoes for sides. Hashed browns at a top notch dinner? Yes, they were great. And then had the key lime pie for dessert. We debated about having the chiffon pumpkin pie instead and our waiter so wanted for us to try it that he comped us a piece. What a special evening!I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Real strong bisque. Took a little long to get the receipt as it was a business lunch but everything else was great.Special Features:
- Wonderful Dinner!millsksDined on 10/9/2014Went to Joe's on a trip to Chicago because it's my dad's favorite and it was his birthday. Per usual the service was amazing and the foot could not have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwsomeJax13Dined on 10/9/2014My son and my grand daughter and myself had a woderful lunch here. Our server Denise was great , she was friendly and efficient. I had not been there in awhile but nothing has changed still very good. Thanks for a nice lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall outstandingTurkDined on 10/8/2014The food is amazing, but the service was impeccable!Special Features:
- Calves LiverMonkVIPDined on 10/7/2014I have had many different items at Joe's over the years and of course everything is always great. However, the other day I had the calves liver and it was by far the best that I ever have had. I can't wait to go back just for the calves liver.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceisrealjimDined on 10/6/2014From the moment you walk in, you are ackowledged as a guest. The service is outstanding and food is very good as you would expect. Save room for dessert and try the banana cream pie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!eatchicago2Dined on 10/6/2014The food and service were great. The pricing makes it more of a special occasion place (for me) than a normal restaurant, but I will definitely recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IggyBobi10Dined on 10/6/2014Arrived on time and we're seated right away at 7:00. Wonderful service. Good martini and wine list. Rib Eye cooked perfectly. More than adequate portion. Creamed spinach delicious as was the Caesar salad. Wife loved her Dover sole. Service was very goodSpecial Features:
- Excellent Food & Impeccable ServiceCindyDined on 10/6/2014One of the best steak/seafood restaurants in the City. Service is impeccable. Great place to impress business clients and out of town guests. However, not the best place for romantic dinner. A little noisy.Special Features:
- The best!KnightVIPDined on 10/6/2014Favorite restaurant in the city, the food is fantastic and it's always fun people watchingSpecial Features:
- A disappointment -again!DiningirlVIPDined on 10/5/2014We got to Joe's about every six weeks because our mother likes it so much but for the third time in a row , the experience has been less than stellar due to the entree missing the mark and the service being less than top notch . My Chilean seabass was over cooked , our waiter was going thru the motions , my baked potato was undercooked . However, The vegetable chopped salad and fried oysters were delicious . The key lime pie was delicious . But our waitress could have cared less about us, she was going thru the motions . It was an adequate experience and made me ask the unthinkable , where else should we try next time we want good seafood ?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014This is a perfect spot for a date night or just for some of the best food in the downtown area. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceFoodieinchiDined on 10/4/2014Food was amazing and the service was exceptional will definitely be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- johnDined on 10/4/2014Excellent for lunch...the waitress was very friendly and made great recommendations.Special Features:
- Great food.... exceptional servicebigb782Dined on 10/3/2014This being my first time at this restaurant I wasn't sure what to expect. It came highly recommended to me by a colleague. This was the perfect place to start my night as right after I proposed to my fiancée. The service was top notch and the food was amazing. Definately recommend it to anyone loving surf and turf.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.