1009 N. Rush St., 2nd Floor
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
Gold Coast / Streeterville
Pan-AsianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.jellyfishchicago.com/
- Phone: (312) 660-3111
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday to Wednesday: 11:30am - 12:00am
Thursday to Saturday: 11:30am to 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Pan-Asian
- Executive Chef: Chef Hector Marcial & Sushi Chef Puje Dorlig
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering available, please call us for more information.
- Entertainment: Live DJs every Friday & Saturday from 8:00p-2:00a
Bears, Bulls & Blackhawks Games featured at the bar.
- Special Events: Check our web-site for the latest on up-coming special events.
A word from Jellyfish
Jellyfish is an intimate pan-Asian restaurant and lounge, the perfect counterpoint for guests looking to have a special and at times exclusive downtown dining and drinking experience. Our second floor glass atrium offers stunning views of the vibrant & legendary Rush Street. The 95-seat restaurant is an escape from the crowded sidewalks below into a space that is exotic and distinctly Chicago. Upon entering the world of Jellyfish, patrons begin a journey of the senses as utmost attention is paid to stylish interior, global music, delectable fare, enthralling scents and the highest level of service. Dive in and immerse yourself in the mesmerizing world of Jellyfish, where the inspiration draws from the beauty and rhythm of these mysterious creatures.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jellyfish reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
hot spot (64)fit for foodies (61)vibrant bar scene (44)neighborhood gem (40)good for groups (39)romantic (38)special occasion (38)late-night find (31)scenic view (27)great for lunch (18)kid-friendly (5)notable wine list (5)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Cool spotjpilz402VIPDined on 11/18/2014Walking up to the second floor the space is totally unexpected. Very tranquil and inviting. We ordered an appetizer, two meals , and two desserts. All the food was very fresh and very tasty. The parking situation is not very good and the service was a bit slow. We needed to hustle back to avoid a parking ticket and we had maxed out the meter. This isn't the restaurants fault, just the reality of the location. We will return because the experience trumped all that.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchYvonneVIPDined on 11/16/2014We went for lunch today and discovered a great spot for brunch also! Stephanie was our hostess and server. She was incredibly rident, helpful, and professional. We got tuna tartar (Ah-mazing) and three rolls. The tuna tartar was on top of bed of avocado and tasted refreshing and buttery. We loved the thin, crispy chips that were served with it. We appreciated different qualities about each of the rolls. For example, the Philadelphia roll was really smokey! Loved it. The Mexican roll had great flavor combinations. Lastly, the spicy tuna tempura had interesting textures. It was crunchy on the outside and soft inside. It had very little initial flavor but then gradually got a HINT of spice near the end. We look forward to going back and trying their brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service - Great BartenderDDiPrimoDined on 11/13/2014Would definitely return! Food was great service was great. Sharp bartenderSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent sushiSRDuncanVIPDined on 11/8/2014Miso Soup starter full of tofu and seaweed, not salty, really good. Excellent Chenin Blanc. The Mexican roll had just the right heat. Crabby Eel Roll fabulous with crab, eel, avocado. Served at the perfect temperature, fresh, and well presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting SushiJsimDined on 11/2/2014This restaurant is located across the street from Hugo's, a personal favorite of mine. We were there on a Sunday night, and while it was not crowded, I was surprised at the slow service. I ordered the miso soup and my husband got a salad. Oddly enough, they were not brought at the same time. I got done with my soup by the time he got his salad. Poor planning. The food was good, quite pricy for sushi, but you are in downtown Chicago so come prepared.Special Features:
- FabulousJillEdDined on 11/1/2014We loved the restaurant. It was quite quiet which worried me but it was already 130 on a Saturday. This was great because our waiter helped with Sake choices and menu recommendations. We had friends from out of town so it was easy to hear each other and very relaxing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mehlibraVIPDined on 10/29/2014The food was adequate, the service not so much. There really was not much service to speak of, after our orders were taken the food was dropped off at our table- The server was not able to correctly identify and name the rolls we ordered. Our waitress was sorely lacking in personality but exceeded the ditziness factor. It would be nice if rather than just asking what we would like to order she would've asked if we had any questions or told us about any specials.Special Features:
- Love this restaurantAjeeVIPDined on 10/28/2014Great food, friendly servers, beautiful decor, good vibe and a creative menu. We love having this restaurant in our neighborhood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth WhileUrbanDinerDined on 10/24/2014Nice ambiance, chic. Menu is interesting. The drinks are exceptional and the food was quite good as well. Great for date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RohdeDined on 10/24/2014Great food and scene. One of my favorites. The service is fantastic and the food comes fast. I would suggest trying any Japanese liquor when at the bar.Special Features:
- Consistently GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/24/2014Jellyfish is one of our neighborhood favorites. We eat there often, as the food is great, the service very good, and the prices reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find on Rush for SushiBinksDined on 10/18/2014We went to Jelly Fish for Sweetest Day celebration and found this gem to be perfect for special occasions, romantic dinners. The ambiance and food was unbelievably perfect and anyone who enjoys sushi and Pan Asian cuisine will be in heaven. The service by our waitress, Stephanie, was excellent and we loved the sashimi deluxe and the lobster/crab roll. We totally recommend this restaurant and hope to come back often.Special Features:
- over-ratedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/17/2014drinks were good, good was not, cool-looking, trendy
- Good sushiSandiiJDined on 10/16/2014Passed this place while wedding dress shopping with my girlfriends and the place looked really cool. The blue lighting at the bar to the jellyfish granite on the walls. So I decided to make a reservation for a girls night out. Food was good, they had great presentations as well. Loved the sizzling stone as you could cook your own steak slices at the table! Never had that experience so it was something new to me. As far as the sushi, it was mediocre. I live in the suburbs and wouldn't really go out of my way to dine here but would definetly go back when I'm the area. Service was not bad. I was a bit skeptical from the yelp reviews from other diners but our server was attentive when needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- go to JellyfishpenguinpersonVIPDined on 10/11/2014The room decor is really sleek and interesting, very modern but with a screen showing jellyfish floating around. The service is polite and attentive.Although it would have been nice to have someone with at least a tiny bit of knowledge. The food is fabulous. Try the lobster mango roll, its incredible. Everything everyone had at the table was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot - Great NightRockingrooftopDined on 10/6/2014Awesome food and a beautiful place - highly recommend it.Special Features:
- My reviewJellyfish1Dined on 10/5/2014Good food but it is awfully EXPENSIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Jellyfish is Sushi par excellence !RegulardinerzDined on 10/4/2014We came for my wife's birthday dinner we had Tempura Amish chicken, crab salad in an avocado, honey walnut shrimp, sushi and everything was DELICIOUS !!! Seriously ... Our waitress Stephanie was always near didn't miss a beat, plates were cleared, water was refilled ice was brought for ice teas .. Beautiful restaurant located on 2nd floor - ask to sit street side if you can overlooking Rush st. ENJOY - we did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi! Sushi!NOLAGirlDined on 10/2/2014Great find on the Gold Coast of Chicago. Top quality sushi only surpassed by the friendly, courteous, professional staff. A must dining experience when in Chicago!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!AbeanzDined on 9/28/2014went to celebrate my fiancé's birthday and had a great time! It was some of the best sushi I've had and the ceviche, I can't stop thinking about. Our server was great, as well as the other staff. We will be returning.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceTedsVIPDined on 9/27/2014First time visit and we loved it. Service was fabulous and the food was really really good. It's a nice alternative to all the other restaurants in the Triangle. Would go back.Special Features:
- Sushi lovers!penguinpersonVIPDined on 9/24/2014We love sushi and eat at Japanese restaurants all over, so we didn't expect to be all that impressed by Jellyfish. We were mistaken! The sweet potato roll is unbelievable, and so was everything else we ordered. Even the glass of Pinot Grigio was delicious. The decor is very chic and fun and different. The service was perfectly attentive but not intrusive. Go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Sushi Restaurant!kskkkkDined on 9/19/2014Love this place will always be a returning customer. Great to come for a drink or late night food spot.Special Features:
- WonderfulLolliGirlDined on 9/19/2014My best friend and I have been living in the city for years now and love to dine around. We had never been to Jellyfish prior to our reservation last Friday, and we were blown away. The drinks were incredible, the food was incredible, the ambiance was perfect. So fantastic on so many levels, I have already recommended Jellyfish to many friends and family members - perfect for a girls night out, date night, etc. So happy to have discovered this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantasticCaptainVIPDined on 9/16/2014As fresh as you can get. Excellent rolls, great wine. Go earlier in the week and you have the place to yourself. Otherwise this place gets jumping...overall five stars. Get the roll with the potatoe and seared salmon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Big Let DownLDanoviaVIPDined on 9/12/2014Host was rude from the moment we checked in, then made it a point to only speak with every table in my area except ours. Food was less than mediocre and bar tender took our change. Yes I tip, but please give me the opportunity to do so. Lychee martini was delish and server was attentive. I will NOT return and will spread the word regarding how dismissive the host was.Special Features:
- it was okaychanDined on 9/12/2014not overwhelmed by the food and ambiance, this was first and last time for me
- Awesome FindyoungfoodieDined on 9/12/2014My mother and I recently took a weekend trip to chicago, and we wanted a dining experience we could not get back home. I made the reservation at Jellyfish the same day, although I am surprised they did not fill up days in advance. I am on crutches and for some restaurants that may have been a hassle. They were very accommodating. The service was excelent from start to finish and our waiter was very knowledgable about the menu. The drinks were also amazing and went great with the ambiance. Our food was also delicious and I recommend getting a lot of plates to share (the crab tacos are to die for). Overall we had a great night at Jellyfish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy sushi, hurried waitressChicagoNewbieDined on 9/12/2014Jo had been looking forward to dining at Jellyfish ever since I moved to Chicano in June. The food went above and beyond my expectations and the atmosphere was cool and trendy. Great company, amazing food and tasty drinks would add up to a perfect evening if I hadn't felt rushed by the waitress and table runners. Although the server was extremely fast, I had barely put down my chopsticks that my plate was whisked away (no chance to savor my ginger). After our desert was brought, the check was placed on the table with "no rush," however that is all I felt. I would still highly recommend Jellyfish to any sushi lover in Chicago.Special Features:
- Always Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014My boyfriend and I usually eat at Jellyfish when we visit Chicago. The sushi is always fresh, great service, atmosphere and the drinks are good!Special Features:
- Repeat Diner at JellyfishAliceBCVIPDined on 8/30/2014One of my favorite restaurants in the neighborhood!! I keep going back!!Special Features:
- OverratedNightoutDined on 8/29/2014This place was very trendy but the food definitely left something to e desired. Started with Thai chili edamame that was good but not enough salt. We shared 3 of their signature rolls. Very bland. I was very underwhelmed by the sushi, very surprised because of all of the great reviews. And the restaurant wasn't very full and all of the two-tops are right on top of each other. If you are on a date, do you want to be sharing that experience with other people basically sitting with you? Several other couples refused to be seated at these tables.
- Poor accommodation of clientFoody4funDined on 8/23/2014Had reservations for 2, place was empty, asked to sit by window & was told it was reserved for large party, 1/2 hr. later they sat 2 tops w/couples. Manager said it was a "misunderstanding". Won't go back. A little goes a long way in customer service. Waitress was awesome.Special Features:
- YummyLourDined on 8/22/2014We had a great dinner! Great service. Love the blue!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerGliuiDined on 8/21/2014We choose Jellyfish for our last dinner in Chicago: great food, great wine, beautiful place.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in excellent locationCy100Dined on 8/20/2014We really enjoyed our dinner at jellyfish. The sushi was really fresh and there was a good choice. We also really enjoyed the squid salad and popcorn shrimp. Good atmosphere with a great atrium looking out to buzzy Rush St. Our waitress seemed a little disinterested but not so much to put us off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was greatAlexa1226Dined on 8/9/2014Jellyfish was delicious. We had edamame, mini crab tacos and the black diamond roll. The corsage (drink) was amazing! The service was really bad, but the manager apologized and comped our drinks. They where also 45 minutes late seating us for our reservation, but I get the feeling that was a fluke and it was handled well by the manager.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!!!RuchikDined on 8/9/2014Just went here for my wedding anniversary. I knew there were only a few seats towards the front that had a view so I requested this on Opentable. We were seated right next to the windows with a perfect view looking onto Rush street. They also had "happy anniversary" printed at the top of our menu! Not a big deal I know, but a very nice personal touch. We ordered a few small plates (Wagyu beef sliders and spicy fish tacos were excellent) and a few rolls of sushi. All of the food was not only excellent, but timed well so that we were not sitting there with 4-5 different dishes all at once. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone, one of the best culinary experiences I've had in a long time.Special Features:
- First time hereOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/9/2014It was our first time at this restaurant, and it did not disappoint. From the hostess station to the manager at the end of the meal, everyone is very accommodating and friendly. The drinks and food are excellent. I spilled a some of my second drink and our waitress, Stephanie, brought me another without even asking. The bar did get noisy but that was later in the evening. We had the brownie dessert with ice cream and carmelized bananas, it was pretty good, although the brownie was dry. Restaurant just blocks from Oak Street beach where we walked afterward. Outstanding evening and would definitely return!Special Features:
- Great Japanese dining.FoodieDined on 8/9/2014It was a wonderful Japanese dining experience. It was a bit pricey but it was worth it. I was surprised that even if it's more in the area of the hip young crowd scene, it was definitely kid/family friendly. We will definitely come back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.