Jack Astor's Bar & Grill - Front St.
144 Front St W
Toronto, ON M5J 2L7Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
AmericanPrice: CAN$30 and under
Jack Astor's Bar & Grill - Front St.
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jackastors.com/
- Phone: 4165852121
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00am, Monday - Wednesday: 3:00pm - 1:00am, Thursday & Friday: 3:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American
- Executive Chef: Graham Hayes
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering available upon request.
- Special Events: If you are interested in booking a large party, please call the restaurant directly to make your reservation. Please be advised that we do not take reservations prior to any game or concert that may be in the area. We leave our entire diningroom, patio, and lounge free for you to walk in and get a table.
A word from Jack Astor's Bar & Grill - Front St.
Welcome to Jack Astor"s Front Street! Come on in and be amazed by an energetic atmosphere, delicious menu and fantastic beverages. Kick your feet up with a cold beer and our world famous chicken wings while watching the game or, enjoy one of our guest favourites like fajita beef nachos, fresh gourmet burgers, unique sandwiches and juicy AAA steaks . If exciting new and innovative dishes from around the world is what you are craving, try our authentic Pad Thai, Greek Chicken Salad and our Parmesan Chicken Bowties – you will not be disappointed. At Jack Astor's, there's never a dull moment and never a dull menu! Have tickets to a game? We are just a few minute walk away from the Air Canada Centre and the Rogers Centre. Come on in and we will have you there before the puck drops! Do you have tickets to a concert? Our state of the art audio/video system and our big screens will have you feeling like you're already at the show.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Jack Astor's Bar & Grill - Front St. reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (6)good for groups (6)great for lunch (5)neighborhood gem (5)fit for foodies (3)special occasion (2)scenic view (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- We love Jack's!BarbVIPDined on 10/2/2014We girls go to Jack's at least once per week. It is our go-to-place. The staff know us, what we order and preferences. They get us in and out in less than an hour even on their busiest days! The food is consistently good and the staff friendly and excellent at their jobs..what more can a person say?Special Features:
- We love Jack's!BarbVIPDined on 8/14/2014We try to get out of the office once a week for lunch and always head to Jack's. The food is consistently good and the service is usually excellent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great family meal.KevinDined on 7/25/2014We were in Toronto on a family vacation and had a bad meal at an average Italian restaurant the night before. The boys (ages 14, 12 and 9) wanted burgers and I wanted a better meal (my wife is vegetarian so that always presents a menu challenge). Jack Astor's was great. The server Michael was outstanding, the menu was varied and I would characterize it as upclassed bar food (burgers with really good buns, vegetarian options, great sweet potato fries). I had the chicken roadkill which was great as well for a grilled chicken sandwich. Lots of TV's with sports on and bloopers which kept the boys laughing and occupied. I think we got lucky as it was a slow night, otherwise it looked like the place could be packed and has a really cool patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 41 reviews are from the Jack Astor's Bar & Grill - Front St. reviews archive.
- Fabulous!TwinkleEyeVIPDined on 6/20/2014We were out on a girls night and we enjoyed the food, the service and most of all the drinks. Thanks Jack Astors Front StreetSpecial Features:
- Lunch during World Cup 2014EdithDined on 6/20/2014Restaurant was really busy. Our waitress Ashley was great and very attentive. The only down side was it took forever to get our food and we only had and hour for lunch. The manager was really great, took care of us and made me want to come back to Jack's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IdontwanttouseanicknameVIPDined on 6/13/2014Sat for almost 30 MINUTES before our server came. She apologised. Service was fine after that.Special Features:
- Jack astor's front streetOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/1/2014The roast beef dip sandwich was not good....dry tough beef and a soggy bun. They have a full house because of location BUT they need to improve their food.Special Features:
- Great LocationDiDiDined on 2/28/2014We had a reservation and we were seated right away. Our waitress asked if we were going to the concert and said not to worry we had plenty of time. Our service was very good and we enjoyed our entrees as well. The really good thing was that we could walk to and from restaurant ,our hotel and Air Canada Center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jack Astors ExperienceAsgiEDined on 2/28/2014Fabulous is the word that comes to mind. The service starting from the hostess, the usher, the entire staff that waited on our table were just awesome. The food is exquisite and very well presented and the taste......delicious. The hit of the starters is always the bruschetta. the best in the business. Cheers guys. Keep on doing what you are doing. Regards Asgi EsufaliSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, fun, and reasonableTODinerVIPDined on 2/6/2014This is a chain but one that knows what they are doing. Menu is varied and almost every item I have had has been at least good if not great (riblet app and pad thai main stand out). Staff is attractive and attentive. Free refills on the soft drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - good funBarbVIPDined on 1/17/2014JA's is a fun place to go for lunch. We girls from our office go at least once a week. The food is consistently good, great service and we are treated like old friends! They get us in and out in under an hour. What could be better?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always love Jack's. It's aShadowVIPDined on 9/24/2013Always love Jack's. It's a place (different locations), I've been going for years to toss back a few with friends in the evenings. I think they have one of the best waitstaffs around. Pleasant and fun!Special Features:
- Too loudKittyVIPDined on 9/24/2013This restaurant was so loud you could not hear the person at your table speaking to you (and the restaurant was not even full!). Although we had reservations, they end up putting us at the bar/lounge tables and I could not figure out why as there appeared to be tables in the "dining" section. I was truly disappointed. The server was not the most friendly, nor did we get a lot of attention once she realized we did not want alcoholic beverages with our lunch.Special Features:
- Nice placePerryClayVIPDined on 9/20/2013The place was nice and vibrant and great patio when the weather is warm. A bit loud inside but I guess that has to do with the acoustics.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm a regular!BarbVIPDined on 6/21/2013We girls from the office go at least once per week. We love it. It is a lively, fun place to go for a pick me up. We enjoy the witty sayings on the T-shirts - hilarious! And the fact that the staff greet us like old friends and welcome us back is so uplifting. A feel good place run by fun people. Not just for the younger, in crowd...we girls are all over 50!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for GroupsjalucasDined on 4/26/2013Jack's was able to accommodate an impromptu post-work drinks and apps for over 10 people with no problem. Definitely will repeat.Special Features:
- I usually order the caesarBarbVIPDined on 4/22/2013I usually order the caesar with Grilled chicken for lunch as it is consistently delicious and filling. Sadly this time I received only 3 very small slices of chicken on my salad and left the table hungry. My 2 guests,on the other hand, received standard portions and enjoyed their meal very much. We were pressed for time so I did not say anything to our server.Special Features:
- We go every week. ConsistantlyBarbVIPDined on 3/26/2013We go every week. Consistantly great! Fun place to enjoy good food.Special Features:
- The soup of the day was excessivelyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2013The soup of the day was excessively spicey (left an after-taste). Lettuce in my salad was brown. Very pricey for the quality.
- We go at least once per weekBarbVIPDined on 2/28/2013We go at least once per week for lunch. We are recognized at the door as regulars and greeted like old friends! Very fun and upbeat vibe. A refreshing break mid week. Put on some weekly specials as the menu gets tired for those who frequent...shake it up! Love you guys!Special Features:
- We go at least once a weekBarbVIPDined on 2/14/2013We go at least once a week and enjoy it very much. Love the upbeat vibe and good service. But since we go so often, would like to see weekly specials as we get tired of the same menu.Special Features:
- cheerful atmosphereBarbVIPDined on 1/17/2013We girls at the office try to escape once per week to JA's Front St for lunch. Good food, fast, friendly service, and yummy twisters (drinks)! A lively, fun place to unwind!Special Features:
- Slow and not so steady....PDidsVIPDined on 12/24/2012Booked lunch for a party of four, and the restaurant was really good at accommodating three more additions. However, it took forever to get our server's attention. It's interesting the hostess wrote our arrival time on the table (12.10pm), as the first time we saw our server was about 12.30! Although she did apologise for "forgetting about us", it continued throughout the lunch -- we had to wait ages to grab her...from ordering a drink, to ordering our mains, to asking for our bill! A tad disappointing as we ended hurrying through our lunch inorder to get back to work.Special Features:
- We had a fantastic serverOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/21/2012We had a fantastic server who no matter how busy the lunchtime scene he still maintained on top of maintaining great customer service.Special Features:
- ReliableTODinerVIPDined on 11/13/2012Usual Jack Astor's experience. Good quick service and better then average pub food at reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Fun place to be. Love theirBarbVIPDined on 7/25/2012Fun place to be. Love their little chaulk board humor.Special Features:
- We had lunch reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/4/2012We had lunch reservations and when we check in at the front the lady was still figuring out where to seat us. Once seated, we were welcomed and our drink our taken. Then moments later we ordered after our drinks arrived. We were asked whether we were in a rush, we mentioned we were on our lunch hour. 50 minutes later our lunch still had not arrived. Running out of time, we had to leave without being served our lunch.
- I like Jack Astor's betterKacey28VIPDined on 4/27/2012I like Jack Astor's better in the summer. They have a great patio and it's perfect for having a drink or two and an appy and just relaxing. Not crazy about the food here but it is what it is and it's a great place to go to watch a game or with a group.Special Features:
- Very noisy, but energetic.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/16/2012Very noisy, but energetic. Staff is very friendly.
- Can't go wrongOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/5/2012nothing to complain about & worth going to, especially business meetingsSpecial Features:
- Service was outstanding asOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/17/2012Service was outstanding as usual! Food was great, I tried some new rice paper wraps, awesome!! I'll be eating those again.
- It was a great time and theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/15/2011It was a great time and the waitress was phenominial. She took a real personal interest in my girlfriend and I and really made it special. She's a definite benefit to Jack Astor's.Special Features:
- Jack's is your typical chainOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/14/2011Jack's is your typical chain restaurant. Churns out reliable food with something on the menu for everyone. It's very noisy - not my first choice for a date night spot but good for groups or a place to grab drinks and a meal before a game at the ACC (that is if you can get in!) Pretty good spot for a casual lunch on a workday - would not recommend for a business lunch - too noisy.Special Features:
- Great Server. Enthusiastic,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/13/2011Great Server. Enthusiastic, friendly, helpful. Had the Not Routine Pountine. Filling but needed more cheese curds and gravy.Special Features:
- Great service provided duringOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2011Great service provided during a tight lunch time frame! Awesome serviceSpecial Features:
- Kudos to my serverOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/9/2011Another good lunch at jack's. Right away our server could tell that my friend and I were vegetarians from what we ordered and was mindful of other recommendations (she being a former vegetarian herself). A third friend was running late, we were able to order for her and when she arrived all three of our meals (fish and chips, entree salad with salmon, bow tie pasta with shrimp instead of chicken) were brought out. Considering we were there for the lunch rush the service was very prompt and astute. For some reason the service at jack's is on the rise! Keep it up!Special Features:
- Great, fun restaurant. KidsBossy22Dined on 10/21/2011Great, fun restaurant. Kids love the food and the drinks (virgin cocktails). Restaurant is very busy and has a great buzz.... not a place for a quiet evening out. Special thanks to the staff who honored my online reservation by providing me with front of the line access! Greatly appreciated,Special Features:
- Love the patio!Kacey28VIPDined on 9/18/2011We went to Jack Astors before the baseball game and sat on the patio. First let me say their patio is fantastic.....great seating and tv's to watch and service is great too. I would not say the food is outstanding but it's good..I had the lettuce wraps which were tasty and my bf had a burger and fries...the food is what you come to expect from Jack Astor's but the outside patio makes the experience exceptional. The only problem I had was that I had to watch the hostess with an obscenely short sweater walk past us with practically everything on view...not really appropriate...otherwise everything was great!Special Features:
- Good after work meal. A littleOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/23/2011Good after work meal. A little noisy if you want to chat.
- We went on a Wednesday soOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/24/2011We went on a Wednesday so it was not very busy, but the servers were very friendly and welcoming. If you're looking for some pub food with a twist its an okay place to go, but a little overpriced for the quality of food you get.Special Features: