Intertwined Bistro & Wine Bar
113 E. Grand Ave
Escondido, CA 92025Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
Intertwined Bistro & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.intertwinedbistro.com/
- Phone: 7604329839x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:30pm;
Tuesday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Fusion / Eclectic, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Boyd N Kerr
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Intertwined Bistro & Wine Bar
Welcome to Intertwined!!!Continued
Intertwined offers an Eclectic mix of seasonal fresh ingredients to satisfy any palate served in a relaxed fun atmosphere.
Intertwined offers an Eclectic mix of seasonal fresh ingredients to satisfy any palate served in a relaxed fun atmosphere.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Intertwined Bistro & Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Escondido ›
Intertwined Bistro & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (35)special occasion (27)fit for foodies (24)romantic (17)notable wine list (16)good for groups (15)great for outdoor dining (13)great for lunch (13)hot spot (7)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Mixed ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Intertwined is noisy. Annoyingly noisy. Many, if not most tables face a blank wall. That is uncomfortable. Single tables are too narrow for both diners to sit on the view side. There is a managerial rigidity in ordering - example, lobster bisque available ONLY if ordering the restaurant week three-course meal. I ordered a bowl to go with the $26 salmon entree, but was denied by management. That was the last straw for me. My wife enjoyed her steak.
- Good appetizers1expensivetasteDined on 9/23/2014The appetizers are the bomb. I also had the bow-tie pasta but wasn't impressed. Ordered a bottle of Riesling good price and good taste.Special Features:
- good fooddiner1Dined on 9/23/2014Service was good. Food was good too. Will be going back with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NealDined on 9/23/2014We had a great waitress and the food was outstanding. Not very crowded on a Tuesday at 6:00. This is our 3rd time here and we were very satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SaturdaySavorySamDined on 9/20/2014Waitress came across a little too chummy...not professional but delivered the meal on time. Overall food was well presented and tasty. Prices were a bit highSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JenniferJblacklockDined on 9/16/2014They always have the BEST Service and the BEST food. My husband and I really enjoy going there! The wait staff are so friendly and help you with the menu and wines/beers. They ALWAYS do an outstanding job with the service and food - THANK YOU!!!Special Features:
- Lovely dinnerReaderDined on 9/10/2014We asked for a quiet corner and got a lovely little nook. Service was wonderful and the food just great -- plus a wonderful local wine on the menu, Wiens Crowded.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014Finally a great restaurant in downtown Escondido - it has it all - good food, good service and a good variety of wines and beers. Cheers!Special Features:
- Local Gem on Grand in EscondidoLaventuresDined on 9/5/2014Great place to meet friends for lunch or dinner. We have had a good experience the 4 times we have tried it (2 lunches and 2 dinners) in the past 6 months.Special Features:
- Fabulous findThe3VIPDined on 8/30/2014A+ experience from the moment we walked in the door! Friendly efficient service, ambiance, delicious dishes, fun time. Rewards program...we've already earned $5! We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expectations were too HighOpportunityDined on 8/20/2014My fiancée and I dined at Intertwined for the 1st time on my birthday, August 20th. I've read favorable reviews, which made my expectations too high. I work in a fine dining restaurant and try not to be too critical when I'm being served instead of doing the serving, but I couldn't help myself this evening. It was our young servers last night he was friendly enough, just inexperienced and it showed with his service. A restaurant with "wine" in the name should be able to provide proper basic wine service, it did not. Dinners were served before we were finished with appetizers and no acknowledgement of my birthday, even though it was noted in the reservation. The food was very enjoyable and with lower expectations I will give it a 2nd chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD SEND OFFlornDined on 8/15/2014Took my family to dinner as my daughter was off to college in the am. Dinner amidst the Friday car scene in Escondido was great, food and ambiance were terrific, service was good, and the price is rightSpecial Features:
- Great food and great service!jhlsdDined on 8/8/2014Once again we had a great experience at this restaurant - great food and service. Out of town relatives visited and they loved it There is plenty of variety with the menu and everyone was pleased to find something to their liking. I had the special - an Ahi tuna steak. It was a great piece of fish prepared perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth another visitPekiVIPDined on 7/30/2014We were dining here for the first time a few weeks ago. Everyone in our party got beer, and an entree" We tried the salmon, the mahi, the porkchop and the bowtie pasta. All wonderful! I took a girlfriend to dinner there tonight. She had the arugula flatbread- awesome!!! I got the pasta again-as good as I remember. Only downer, is they kept asking my friend if she wanted more ice tea-and then charged me for each one she got. $7.50 for 3 ice teas is gouging!Special Features:
- DawnDined on 7/19/2014We eat here regularly and really enjoyed the changes in soups and salads. I had the stuffed chicken and it was excellent . My husband had the pork chop,which he really enjoys. Too full to have dessert!Special Features:
- Great food and great service!jhlsdDined on 7/15/2014Intertwined is a favorite for dinner with family and friends, both local and visiting. The food and service are always both excellent. The menu offers a variety of items that suits everyone's tastes. The dishes are interesting and well prepared. There is a nice offering of wines to compliment the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good flavorsCraigJDined on 7/4/2014This is the second time we've dined at Intertwined. On both occasions I ordered a beef entree, center cut sirloin first time and tri-tip special most recently. While the flavors were very good, both were tough. It seemed to be the cuts of meat and not preparation so could be easily remedied. The salmon and pork were excellent as were the appetizers and dessert. Overall, everything aside from the beef entrees have been great, including service.Special Features:
- Always Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/27/2014Intertwined is always a great meal. Its reasonably priced and they don't gouge you on the wine prices like most restaurants.Special Features:
- Great DinnerMindyDined on 6/27/2014Great meal!! Cheese platter was excellent! Salmon was fantastic! Crab/Mango Tower was Yummy!Special Features:
- ExcellentFinediner1Dined on 6/20/2014We have been to Intertwined numerous times for lunch but this was our first time for dinner. We ordered the Mac and cheese, flat bread with pears, arugula and delicious cheese and the pasta with sausage, sun dried tomatoes and mushrooms. Everything we had was so delicious. The service was wonderful, the staff awesome. We will be back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place for dinnerDawnDined on 6/7/2014We had a wonderful dinner ! The food was so fresh- just awesome. We especially liked the flavors in the salad intermingled . We had salmon and the pork chop - oh so good !Special Features:
- A Find in EscondidoprofdollarDined on 6/6/2014Comfort food with a bit of a twist to elevate it enough to make it a worth while find. Great service with a casual, yet upscale ambiance. Do not miss out on the grilled artichoke with balsamic reduction -- a great way to start the meal.Special Features:
- The following 177 reviews are from the Intertwined Bistro & Wine Bar reviews archive.
- What did you say?WallheaterDined on 5/31/2014The noise level is not so much loud but just unmuffled. I had a difficult time hearing my waiters' "house specials" and he could not hear my order without repeating. Otherwise, a very nice meal and I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Imaginative food and beveragesHobartDined on 5/30/2014The selection of specials here rivals any 5 star restaurant. The small plates and regular items make it simple to put together a scrumptious meal, no matter how large or small your appetite. Good selection of drinkable wines without the unconscionable prices many restaurants try to charge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night !BlackwaterduckDined on 5/30/2014Phenomenal service, food and ambiance ! Curt was great and saved us a table near the windows so we could see Cruzin' on Grand.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great meal!jhlsdDined on 5/30/2014The food at this restaurant is always great. The dishes are interesting and the variety is great to suit all tastes. Our table had the center cut sirloin, stuffed chicken, and skirt steak special. All were prepared to perfection and everyone went home happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightedowesDined on 5/8/2014We had a very enjoyable visit. The ambiance was comfortable, the food was fantastic. I highly recommend Intertwined.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceeatoutDined on 5/3/2014This was the first time eating there for my husband. We had great service and the food was delicious. We will definitely eat there again!Special Features:
- Dinnner for 6randbmealsoutDined on 5/1/2014We had a great meal and were able to have a nice conversation on a Thursday night. Will go back again...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 4/30/2014We found this place on Open Table and also looked at the reviews on Yelp and all were favorable so we decided to try it as we were from out of town. We were pleasantly surprised at how delicious everything was. We didn't have an actual dinner, we ordered the plank and then some other appetizers. The artichokes were one of the best artichoke dishes I have ever had.Special Features:
- You've got to try it!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/5/2014Intertwined is a restaurant worthy of a more "hip" location, but I'm sure glad they settled here in lil ol' Escondido! On multiple levels, they make me want to come back again & again. It reminds me of a fave restaurant in New York…great for a date or small group, probably not best for young children. The food is amazing; many great choices, large portions, beautifully presented & delicious! We enjoyed the beet salad, surf n turf entree, gazpacho & seafood pasta special. I highly recommend you give it a try…if you don't already live here, it is worth the trip to Escondido!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My experienceAlright45Dined on 4/5/2014I thought this would be a more romantic place, however the noice level was too loud. Service was fair and food was good.Special Features:
- Awesome gem in EscondidoEscoNativeDined on 4/5/2014Wonderful wine list & delicious food - you can't go wrong. All the servers were fantastic, very knowledgeable about the menu and very accommodating. Definitely try the goat cheese stuffed dates, wrapped in bacon! Yum! Also wonderful area in the back to lounge. Romantic by evening but totally appropriate as a more casual place during the afternoon.Special Features:
- Quality dining experience in Esco!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014We thoroughly enjoyed Intertwined Bistro. Ordering wine flights allowed us to sample lots if different wines and made it easier for the white wine drinkers to get what they wanted. The food was great and nicely presented and the service was very good. It was a little noisy because it is a small place which was completly packed. Going later would make it easier to get a table and quieter. We will definitely go again.Special Features:
- Escondido CompetitorgardengalVIPDined on 3/14/2014Dinner "in the hood" found delicious food beautifully presented! Someone in the kitchen knows what they are doing. Nice window table for two avoided the continuous line up of close tables. The Intertwined salad was in a tight circle of cucumber slices--cut in half & the contents filled the plate-- clever & delicious. Cedar planked salmon, large portion-delicious. Tower of rice collapsed half falling on the floor without touching it--maybe not suited for thinner plank presentation. The chard listed as "charred" looked & tasted steamed?? Macadamia crusted mahi large & well prepared. Five stars for gushing chocolate cake--plenty for 2 even 3 could share. Street patio view underwhelms; looks like a pub space, not fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well Worth the Drive!RivoDined on 3/8/2014Living near the coast, we rarely drive to Escondido to dine, but we'll definitely do it often now that we've discovered Entwined. We were a party of three couples. Upon arrival, the hostess greeted us cheerfully and led us immediately to our reserved table. Our waitress, Chantaya (?), was marvelous...unfortunately, it was her last night at Entwined. She helped make the evening delightful with her ebullience, attentiveness, and knowledge of the menu and wines. The menu items were not only prepared to perfection, but also, presented beautifully. Although we didn't need dessert, each couple ordered an item -- each one outstanding! If we had to choose a favorite, the donuts with chocolate sauce take the cake! Thank u to the entire staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissappointedCABYDined on 2/28/2014This was my second visit to this restaurant. The first time I went the appetizers, dinner and dessert was absolutely delicous- no complaints what so ever. This time, the dinner was so so for the money I paid. The Mahi Mahi was supposed to have a crust- it was soggy and had no flavor. My daughter had the salmon which was fishy. Anyone knows a fish that tastes and smells fishy is not fresh. Then selecting the doughnut dessert which came with a chocolate dipping sauce - had to have been the most dissapointing of the night. It was like going to duncan doughnuts and getting a cup of chocolate sauce to dip them. I hope this is not a glimpse of things to come in the manner of quality of food that will be served in this fine establishment..Special Features:
- Great food and service. VeryFoodforThoughtDined on 2/26/2014Great food and service. Very friendly and accommodating staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice romantic place to eat.Mony1053Dined on 2/21/2014A nice romantic place to eat. We got the cove table for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great service!jhlsdDined on 2/18/2014Once again Intertwined delivered a great experience for everyone in my party. The menu offers something for everyone, even the pickiest eaters in our group. We shared a beet salad while deciding upon our main course choices and enjoying a glass of wine. Two of us opted for the swordfish special and two chose the stuffed chicken. All of the dishes were cooked to perfection and enjoyed by everyone. The swordfish came from the kitchen looking like a work of art. It was accompanied by a delicious risotto and some very nice shrimp. The chicken was equally well garnished. A great meal was enjoyed by all of us. The staff was very attentive as always. I cannot wait to return to this very enjoyable restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.