India House - Hoffman Estates
721 W Golf Rd
Hoffman Estates, IL 60169Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
India House - Hoffman Estates
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.indiahousechicago.com/
- Phone: (847) 278-0760
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Indian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from India House - Hoffman Estates
India House Restaurant & Banquets in Hoffman Estates near Schaumburg offers dining, catering, buffet and banquet services 7 days a week. Easy to find at the intersection of Golf & Higgins Rd, India House is a great place to lunch with co-workers or entertain clients. Try our daily luncheon buffet! We serve Indian food that is representative of the many and varied regional cuisines of India and of the many ethnic groups of people in the subcontinent. And there is something on our menu to please the varied tastes of anyone in Schaumburg & Hoffman Estates who enjoys Indian, Chinese, Stir Fry, Mandarin or Thai food. Our dishes range from Bombay & Delhi favorites and street fare that is popular in the region to home-style Tandoori cooking or the most sophisticated food of the royal families. Enjoy dining in at the India House restaurant that offers over 250 different unique menu items, an un-matched ambience and our commitment to provide you with delicious, creative, and healthy foods.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
India House - Hoffman Estates reviews from OpenTable diners
- Local faveSandim25VIPDined on 4/14/2014This is our go-to place. Always great food and service, and it's just a few minutes away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will be back.saundraDined on 3/20/2014Great Indian cuisine. Courtious and helpful wait staff. Nice ambiance and decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Eats!FlansDined on 2/14/2014My husband and I went there for a Valentine's Day dinner. We were running late and I called to let them know not expecting for them to have them hold the reservations since it was V-Day. They not only held the reservation but we were seated right away. The serves were pleasant and friendly. The portions are large and outstanding. We will definitely come back and bring our children next time. Thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious IndianLMDfanDined on 2/10/2014I took two of my friends here who'd never had Indian food before. We went for lunch and found that we needed to have the buffet, so we did and they liked it, but I would've liked to order off the menu for them the first time. As it was, I ordered one small dish that cost almost twice as much as the buffet, but the food was all delicious so I can't complain over all. We will go back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Indian foodRadioFlyerDined on 1/17/2014We tried this location for dinner after many satisfying lunches, where the buffet is excellent. The basket of garlic naan pieces with a (palak paneer style--?) sauce for dipping was a great start. Our entrees were very good and quite satisfying; my husband had to take some of his back, which was very nicely packaged by the staff. Our server was outstanding; he gave us enough attention without being intrusive or abandoning us. India House has a wine list but but we ordered one of the tap beers. We were so filled we didn't order dessert, but I've tried several before at the lunch buffet and they are excellent. The menu seems to have entrees from different Indian regions--more to try and explore next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive but nice decorOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/7/2013The food was okay, but I've had better at many other places, all of which are cheaper than here. $5 for rice is ridiculous, and it was pretty rude that even though I said we wanted two bowls, the server kept insisting on three, even though we could have easily ordered more (and we didn't even end up finishing the two we ordered since we also ordered naan). Overall, it's a nice place to go for a special occasion, mainly because it has nice decor, but the food is nothing special, and the prices are outrageous.Special Features:
- great experienceBriguy13Dined on 11/30/2013Went Here in the past for lunch buffet, it is amazing! Huge selection with lots of food. I ate here last week and had the dinner menu, the portions where very good and the food was delicious. You definitely have more choices with the lunch buffet, I would recommend the buffet any time. This place is my choice for indian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Delicious; Can Be PriceyHazelhedgeDined on 11/16/2013We are frequent visitors to this excellent Indian restaurant. Most entrees are around $16, but rice, naan and drinks can really add up. Our waiter for this visit was very friendly and helpful with information about menu items. Some dishes can be quite spicy. Three of our group had not been there before, and we requested that all the dishes be made mild for them. All the dishes were great and made mild as requested. Chicken makhani and dal makhani are always great; the palak paneer is another favorite of ours. The vegetarian thali is a great way to try a few different dishes without spending a lot. Most entrees are quite large, so plan on leftovers or share entrees during the meal.
- Local faveSandim25VIPDined on 10/22/2013This is one of our gp-to places when we decide to go out last minute. It's in the neighborhood and food and service are always on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty IndianEnrgzerVIPDined on 9/24/2013Over all the restaurant is well designed. My only concern was our waiter and I don't completely blame him. The staff needs to go through extensive training process. I love the food and ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodshwetaDined on 9/12/2013I was treating a group of 14 people and the food was excellent. The starters were good. And the veg biryani was awesome The only item not worthwhile was the veg korma - it lacked salt and was very tasteless. Also the pricing is a little high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A local faveSandim25VIPDined on 8/7/2013We go here regularly. Food and service is consistently excellent.Special Features:
- Was recommended and did notOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/2013Was recommended and did not disappoint. service was excellent and so was the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/28/2013The food is amazing but don't eat the seeds on your way outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant, delicious Indian foodSuburbanscoutVIPDined on 7/12/2013We enjoy Indian food so we are always on the hunt for new places. Indian House was a happy surprise. The decor is very nice, the chairs are large, leather and comfortable. The service was very attentive. The menu is extensive, standard Indian fare (no dosai though) and some hyderabadi dishes. The chicken tikka masala was good, with a smoky just-off-the grill taste to the chicken in the sauce. The complimentary "baby naan" appetizer was different: naan cut into small pieces served with a tomato sauce (like the chicken tikka masala sauce) which reminded me of breadsticks with tomato sauce. The restaurant is large so it can accomodate large groups. The turn off Higgins to Golf road is a little tricky so mapquest it: strip mall.Special Features:
- food was delicioussssss igoldcardDined on 6/28/2013food was delicioussssss i just missed the chicken tikka masala =(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diamond in the steak & potato roughOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/21/2013It's not a looker, but if you've tired of the cheese and Jack Daniel's sauce wilds of these 'burbs (and you will quickly), put this on your list. Some of the freshest and most well-prepared casual Indian I have had (and this is coming from New York!). The service may not be polished, but the food is excellent. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FLAVORpwhiteesparzaDined on 5/1/2013Love to eat here. Food is spicy (spices spicy) and not hot spicy. My taste buds and stomach are excited to try each dish every time I go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good food. Really rude,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/27/2013Really good food. Really rude, horrible service. If they delivered or I could pick up to go I would because the food is wonderful. But I won't go back because the service is awful.
- Excellent authentic cuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2013Excellent authentic cuisine at reasonable prices. Our favorite Unduan restaurant.Special Features:
- Food is great...staff is rude,pushyOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/17/2013Food is great...staff is rude,pushy and service is poor. Felt like side dishes & appetizers are forced on you not just suggested. Had to almost beg for refills and soda. We may go back if we get another groupon.Special Features:
- Waste of Open Table reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/13/2013Open table reservation made no difference as they wereooking for an available table after we got there.
- We went there to celebrateLilyTheValleyVIPDined on 4/5/2013We went there to celebrate birthday of an Indian friend. According to him, who is originally from Mumbai, this place taste the best and most authentic in the suburb: all India House locations. Unlike the one in Schaumburg, this one in HE is more cozy and sophisticated. I would say the most suitable for celebrating special occasion among the other two locations I have been: Schaumburg and Buffalo Grove. We ordered Behl Puri, the best among in Chicago so far as I have eaten at other 5 Indian restaurants in Chicagoland, Fish Koliwara, Kadhai Paneer, Roomali Roti, Hyderabadi Style Gobi Curry, and I have no complaint about any of the dishes!! They were all very tasty. Would like to go visit again.
- The food was amazing. BeingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013The food was amazing. Being that it is a Indian place I feel that the staff or menu should explain better to customers how the food is served for people who are not familiar with the way that Indian food is served and cooked. For example, the menu item I order said sliced lamb cooked with a creamy sauce. Our waiter then told us that the items that we order doesn't come with rice. I told him that was fine that the lamb should be good enough. Thankfully my husband decided to order rice (which he thought was a small individual portion for him) because the lamb that I order was not in slices but more so cut up in cubes and in a cream sauce that looked like soup. I then understood that rice is needed to go with the meal.Special Features:
- AMBIANCE So pretty inside...EpiphanyVIPDined on 3/10/2013AMBIANCE So pretty inside... love the decor. I took pics to incorporate into a design later. FOOD Went in on a Sunday for lunch and was surprised by a buffet option. Selection is decent but not as extensive as Gaylord's, and some of the items seemed to needed to be freshened up (Samosas were tiny dried-out nuggets)... compensation... liked that they brought out a hot plate of tandoori chicken and very fresh naan. DESSERT Mango ice milk dessert was VERY creamy and good... and had a ton of fresh pineapple YUM.Special Features:
- Highly Recommendeddmb49VIPDined on 3/9/2013Amazing Indian food, great service, great atmosphere!Special Features:
- No consideration to Open Table resAbhiVIPDined on 2/2/2013When mentioned at the restaurant that have reserved table through Open Table, the captain tried to make us sit at one of waiting area table right next to door which was frequently opening to 10F Chicago weather that evening. On asking for inside table, the captain told us a waiting time of 15 to 20 mins which was shocking but we agreed as impossible to enjoy food sitting in below freezing temperatures. In just about a minute after this the manager came out who recognized me for previous business and immediately lead us in where we had a choice of 4 different empty tables to choose from. Clearly, reservations thru Open table is of no meaning for India house. The food and service later was usual up to expectations.Special Features:
- The selection was great. ServicekitkatVIPDined on 2/1/2013The selection was great. Service was average. The naan would run out and no one would refill it unless asked. When we got the bill, we were charged for 10 people even though there were 8 of us. The waiters seemed like they thought we were lying about it. They finally did fix the bill, but added 18% gratuity. 18% for a buffet??Special Features:
- The food, service, and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/19/2013The food, service, and atmosphere were on point. Just recently moved back to the area, and India House was recommended by a coworker. I had asked him where can you go for authentic, decently priced Indian cuisine......which brought me here. I will definitely be returning to dine again.Special Features:
- In the past, we were veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/11/2012In the past, we were very happy with the food. This time we ordered 2 of the same appetizer platters. When we asked what was what on the platter, one of the servers was not able to tell us. He went to ask the chef and came out with not much of an explanation. Tho we were not sure what we were eating, it was tastey. The portion size was good. They continue to have a good number of people eating there. The menu is extensive.
- I came here with my familyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2012I came here with my family dinner at included 10 adults and 3 kids. They accommodated us with everything we needed. The food was great and the services was exceptional. It's a great place to come with family, friends, or even on a romantic date. Everyone was really friendly. I will definately come here againSpecial Features:
- The chicken tikka masala wassundayluncher1Dined on 10/27/2012The chicken tikka masala was great. loved the naan. the tandoori chicken was wonderful!!Special Features:
- Always a great choicefoodie2VIPDined on 10/4/2012You can't go wrong with India House...the food was excellent as was the service! Great place for romantics and large groups alike.Special Features:
- I had read a lot of mixedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/22/2012I had read a lot of mixed reviews about this place prior to going there. The main complaint seemed to be about the service being very poor. We did not have that experience. The service was slow, but we did not feel this was an issue. The servers were quick to explain any question that we had, cleared dishes from the table in a timely fashion, and generally left us alone to enjoy our meal. As far as the meal goes - it was outstanding. We got the House Special for 2 which included a soup or salad, mixed grill, chicken tikka masala, lentils, rice, and naan along with 2 desserts. Both the mixed grill and tikka entrees were large enough to feed both of us, so we took plenty home. And the food was outstanding!Special Features:
- Food was delicious and theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/25/2012Food was delicious and the atmosphere is fun and beautiful. But they took forever to bring our food and even totally forgot one of our dishes. (There were only 3 of us!) As soon as they realized their mistake they hurried and brought the food. But the delay did somewhat spoil our dinner celebrating a friend's achievement-- it got so late, she had to hurry home. If service was improved, India House would be perfect. But it probably doesnt happen to everyone... guess we just got unlucky. That's life!Special Features:
- Food was very tasty, attentionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/30/2012Food was very tasty, attention was fabulous by servers.Special Features:
- Great food and atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/5/2012Great food and atmosphere. The prices are well within line. Service excellent. It is turining into a favorite place for my family.Special Features:
- Aesome food. The best INdian food iOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/3/2012Awesome food. The best Indian food in Chicago, hands down!Special Features:
- A local favoriteSandim25VIPDined on 6/2/2012We love the food here. They're very helpful in explaining the menu items. Service is outstanding, as well.Special Features:
- Big disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012We were very excited to go for an Indian feast. My family is no strnger to that wonderful food. We were extremely dispointed with the service. Our waiter had no concern for our experience. Never smiled or checked how we were enjoying the food. Appetizers came out 15 minutes apart. The server seemed miffed that we wanted to order off the menu ( there was a mothers day buffet). 90% of the diners were of South Asian background. They seemed to enjoy it. It was much to bright in the room . no ambience at all. Never go back. I'll stick to Chicago proper and go to Essence of India. They are no friendlier, but the food is incredible. I guess when youre use to Italian American lifestyle, you expect exuberant service friendly service.