526 King Street
Charleston, SC 29403Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://indacocharleston.com/
- Phone: (843) 727-1228
- Hours of Operation:
SUNDAY - WEDNESDAY: 5 TO 10 PM
THURSDAY - SATURDAY: 5 PM to 11 PM
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael Perez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
A word from Indaco
Genuine Italian flavors fill an airy, modern space accented by lime-wash, white brick, blonde butcher block and silver lighting pendants. An antique pizza peel dating to the 1850s hangs on the wall, portraying Indaco’s dedication to authenticity. The restaurant boasts a craft cocktail program featuring Italian classics such as the Negroni and amaro on tap and housemade Italian sodas. This concept introduces traditional Italian eating to Upper King’s booming, fine-dining scene. A 2,900 square foot restaurant, Indaco offers 100 seats inclusive of the bar and patio.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Indaco reviews from OpenTable diners
139 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (106)hot spot (60)notable wine list (53)neighborhood gem (48)good for groups (47)special occasion (42)great for outdoor dining (40)vibrant bar scene (32)romantic (32)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (10)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Noisy but delicious.SunshineDined on 11/22/2014The food is absolutely excellent, but the noise level was very high - hard to converse across the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent!ChickVIPDined on 11/20/2014We've eaten at Indaco previously and have always had great food and excellent service. We were happy to have the same type of experience AGAIN! We ordered different food and had a new server (to us), but the experience was once again excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/15/2014Indaco is one of my favorite places. Almost new and creative things. I had the ravioli which was awesome and unique. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BobCVIPDined on 11/15/2014Food was innovative and well prepared and presented. Liked the focus on local foods. Wine list interesting, but not innovative, could stand a bit of work. Service was outstanding and timely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still great but a little disappointingMissSandyToesVIPDined on 11/14/2014This was our third visit to Indaco. We were late for our reservation and called to advise the hostess. She was very gracious... this was a slow night...which I think might be typical for Charleston in November. The pizza was delicious. Wine was great. We were not offered bread. Service was attentive and wonderful. The major problem was that we were looking forward to the Agnolotti, but we were disappointed. We had it eaten the Agnolotti stuffed pasta on our first visit with a short rib filling and it was fantastic. This time was a pork filling which was kind of mealy and not really flavorful. When pasta dishes are small and cost $20+, they need to taste GREAT. Next time, we will probably just order pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FOOD!MJGrandmotherDined on 11/12/2014My server Jasmine made my dinner excellent with her suggestions. She help me pick my wine which was great and just what I wanted. The pasta was fabulous so was the soup and dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notch ItalianSilverWk2VIPDined on 11/9/2014On par with some of the best. Pastas were tasty service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best seasonal menu in townSHOXDined on 11/7/2014Indaco has a small but exquisite menu. All the foods are so seasonal that the roasted vegetable piatti, served on a wooden platter, looked like a still life but was even better on the tongue. Pickled mustard seeds? Never tasted them before but was a punch. The staff are incredibly helpful and well informed. Jasmine, our waitress, brought a sample of beer so that my companion would only be delighted by her selection. The restaurant gets rather noisy so romance is not it's strong suit. Dining is -- and each time I saw another plate served at other tables I made a mental note to order it in future.Special Features:
- close to everything upper kingClarkerDined on 10/29/2014They had C+ to B food across the board. Nothing was mind blowing and nothing was bad. The service was great and friendly. Its better than Bocci's but not Wild Olive level. Its like everything they had, you could thing of another place that made it better, but you couldn't get all these things in one place. The menu is small, which is great, the pizza is a great appetizer. It was a good evening.Special Features:
- Off night?InsearchofgreatfoodDined on 10/29/2014For charleston, it was a run of the mill dinner experience. Not great, not bad....
- Good food- inconsistent portions.AllielcDined on 10/26/2014I LOVE this place! I've been here a few times and I've gotten the same meal Agnolotti Pasta (Brisket pasta dish- TO DIE FOR) a few times! The first time the portion was huge and since then it has been pretty small. I'm not a big eater either :) I'm a petite 100lb girl, but even I finished my dish and had room for more. Still a GREAT restaurant and one of my favs!Special Features:
- Great date nightFollyKidDined on 10/25/2014Our first fining experience at Indaco was great. The inside was pretty noisy at 9 on a Saturday night so we sat outside. Best pizza we have had since moving out of Manhattan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian with a twistLuvmyneighborhoodDined on 10/25/2014Italian restaurant using interesting farm to table ingredients. The house made pasta is fabulous. The pizza is perfect. But I love,love, the burrata.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/24/2014Indaco never disappoints! The staff are great. They are very friendly and give on point recommendations on food and wine. The burrata is a must have every time we go. It's so nice also to see the manager come out and check on us throughout our meal. Thanks Indaco for another wonderful experience!Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experienceLuluDined on 10/19/2014Dined at Indaco for the first time for my boyfriend's birthday. We ordered the Chef's choice. It was outstanding!!! The four courses are chosen by the chef so you don't know what will be served but as long as you aren't picky you will be pleased. It was ample food and every dish was unique and delicious!!! The service was excellent and the ambiance was perfect for an intimate outing. I will be back!Special Features:
- Delicious!starrygirlDined on 10/18/2014Had a great time dining with family and friends after a theater production. I love the fun, casual vibe. Brussel sprout pizza is not to be missed! Yum!Special Features:
- Loved the chef tasting!TwoshoesVIPDined on 10/18/2014We had a wonderful experience at Indaco on a weekend night! The service was exceptional and we thoroughly enjoyed the four course chef tasting menu. The food was exceptional and the wine menu was impressive! Highly recommend for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent creative Italian cuisine!FoodaholicDined on 10/15/2014A real gem. Very unique dishes with ingredient combinations not typically used in Italian restaurants. Don't go here if you want spaghetti and meatballs. Appetizers, pizza and dessert were outstanding. Only complaint was that high velocity air conditioning made temperature inside unbearable. We moved outside and had a very pleasant evening.Special Features:
- Off their game?sushiloverVIPDined on 10/14/2014We have always enjoyed Indaco and its food was great deal. Tuesday's dinner seemed to be an exception. The bibb lettuce salad had so much anchovy flavor it overwhelmed the salad. That said, the apple & turnip salad was delicious. The grilled whole fish had so many bones in it that it was not enjoyable to eat. My tagliatelle was way too salty and the agnolotti was average. To top it off, it took forever to get our entrees on an evening when the restaurant was not particularly busy. Hopefully, this experience was an exception.
- Outstanding foodBrinkoVIPDined on 10/12/2014We set at the bar and started with a negroni - the best one I've had in a while. Perfectly balanced, smooth. Turnip pizza was a revelation, and so was pasta with braised brisket and a perfectly roasted chicken. The bartender was knowledgable and friendly; not that he needed to be given the skill je showed with that negroni. You can't go wrong here - one of the best Italian meals we've had, and we do get around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY GOODIslandGirlVIPDined on 10/12/2014Indaco was very, very good. Great neighborhood place with what looks to be a more local following...We started with Margherita Pizza and it was excellent. Of the 4 dinners we had, the Grouper and the pasta with the mushroom "bolognese" was outstanding. The spit cooked chicken was very good as well, crisp skin, tender, juicy...the most disappointing was the Porcetta. It was a HUGE portion, and while this is sometimes not a bad thing, in this case, it just overpowered the plate. It was served with beans so the whole plate was a "beige" color. Not as appetizing-looking as the other plates were. The taste was good...not great. Nice wine list. Service was outstanding as was the atmosphere. We will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovetoeatDined on 10/11/2014It took several weeks of trying to get a reservation for a Saturday night. Although the food was good, portions are generally small, the wine was overpriced and I was a bit disappointed. I found all the hype unwarranted.Special Features:
- Second trip - disappointed1234Dined on 10/11/2014Our service was less than stellar. The butchers plate was good, but small in comparison with other restaurants in the same class as Indaco. I got the tagliatelle which was ok, but too heavy on the spices. My wife got the Brussels sprouts pizza, which was bland and nothing special. She's an excellent cook and said that she could make this pizza better at home. We don't get many date nights away from the kids, do saturday night did one thing for use. It eliminated Indaco from out list of possible date nights.
- Best Italian in Charleston!djmccurrDined on 10/6/2014Went for my wife's birthday dinner. Service was excellent - really appreciated that the manager visited every table several times throughout the night. Food was on point - especially the agnolotti - picked that one upon the recommendation of our server. Beautiful restaurant with an outstanding menu - definitely worth visiting for any special occasion. Not cheap but well worth it.Special Features:
- Upscale bar scene, great foodGSSusanVIPDined on 10/3/2014A great place to eat when you are looking for an energetic up beat bar scene and an eclectic menu. We tried two of their wood fired pizzas. The margarita pizza was just as expected, traditional with a fabulous sauce. The clam pizza was very yummy and delicious. A very different take on traditional pizza! An enjoyable late night dinner spot.Special Features:
- In my top 5 meals I have eatenDrBehaviorVIPDined on 9/27/2014We have eaten here numerous times and it is a fav, but we chose the 45.00 tasting 4 course menu offer with the 4 in our party. It was amazing beyond belief. They listened to us and did not bring any seafood b/c one of us was allergic. Burrata, the pizzas, the pasta with ground mushrooms, butter leaf salad with creamy vinaigrette, and the pumpkin semifredo were as tasty as anything ever eaten in Charleston. Highly recommend that option for an adventuresome group. It was a terrific evening and very much appreciate everyone at this place.Special Features:
- Always enjoyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/18/2014I was thrilled to get a same day reservation, but the week after restaurant week was very quiet. Book in advance or take your chances. Sit outdoors if you want a quiet meal as the dining room is lively. I have wanted to try the porchetta for a long time and it was finally on the menu. It seemed like a good last meal before I start my diet and I was not disappointed! The brussel sprout and apple pizza is a dish I crave, so it was difficult not to order it this time. If you are from off, try a gin and tonic with locally made Jack Rudy tonic to start your meal. Park in the free valet lot off Wolfe Street just behind restaurant or the pay lot just beyond.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/15/2014Food is well-prepared and menu has a unique flair.Special Features:
- Not the normal Italian fareheatherbgaleDined on 9/13/2014If you are looking for a spot with spaghetti, meat balls and red sauce, this Italian joint isn't for you. If you want to enjoy some rare combinations and delicious homemade pasta, Indaco is great. We went to the restaurant during Charleston's restaurant week and enjoyed the grouper appetizer, the bibb salad, the italian sausage pizza and the black pepper tagliatelli. The pasta was a small portion for the cost, but it was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MollyMollyDined on 9/13/2014As always, Indaco was a great dining experience. One of the diners in our party felt the pizza was too salty. The server offered to make her a new one. When she declined, we were all surprised to see that the pizza had been comped on the bill. Very classy. We'll be back of course!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/8/2014Everything was wonderful. We brought friends from out of town and they were thrilled with everything. Will definitely be back often......Special Features:
- Amazing food and service!Jaliluba4Dined on 9/6/2014Highly recommend this trendy, unique spot for date nights or groups! Lively atmosphere and ambiance. Food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food, amazingly loud!CoachDined on 9/5/2014The food here is amazing! My friends were in Italy and the appetizer we ordered tasted just like the one they ate in Italy. But it's not a place for a romantic dinner because you will be yelling at each other in order to hear one another. While I'd definitely go back, it is honestly one of, if not THE loudest eatery I've ever been in!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh & Delicious Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/4/2014If you are in the mood for a unique dining experience in Italian food, venture to Indaco. All the pasta' s are made fresh at the restaurant. But more exciting are the unique combinations that the kitchen produces. It is truly a dining experience.Special Features:
- outstandingVilemansgirlDined on 9/3/2014My boyfriend and I just moved to the area and we have been to Indaco 3 times. Great food, great atmosphere, wonderful staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upper King Italian GemSouthernFoodieDined on 8/31/2014Inventive Italian fare - its pizzas are particularly delicious - and a well-selected Italian wine list, both delivered by a very competent and knowledgeable team of servers. While Indaco is not yet as well known as other Charleston eating spots, our dining experience equalled or exceeded meals at its more famous colleagues. The word is getting out - the smallish restaurant was packed on Sunday night and Indaco just made the local newspaper's 20 Essential Restaurants List. Great experience and its Italian menu is a good change of pace for a Charleston food weekend. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Not going backilovecharlestonrestaurantDined on 8/30/2014Very disappointing menu for an italian restaurant. I asked the server if any of the dishes had a traditional red sauce and she looked at me like I was an idiot. The server, yet beautiful, was unfriendly and seemed bothered by our questions as first timers. I would not recommend it and will most likely not return unless just for drinks at the bar.Special Features:
- First time surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014We have been visiting charleston for three years and I am sad we never ate here before. Loved the creative flavor combinations. Pizza dough was amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service with amazing food.BobbyDined on 8/29/2014Our server was on the spot with service and very knowledgeable of the food and flavors. Great wine and beer to accompany the food and all the suggestions were spot on by the server. Very memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner great wine servicePasadenagalDined on 8/19/2014My husband and I took our college son to dinner and it was the best. The restauant is buzzing inside but we were able to take advantage of their lovely outdoor patio for a quieter noise level. Service was great and food outstanding. We started with the chefs "board" which was house made charcuterie including a seafood pate with ink tapanade and cured pork and shared their littlt gem salad, very fresh. Followed mains fab thin crust pizza fresh from oven and buccatini with roasted leekes and fingerling potatoes. The star was my sons seafood pasta with lemon ricotta, one of the best dishes I have had. The sommelier was a great young man, who spent quite a while with us trying to match a wine I had had in Venice, success! great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.