2241 Shelter Island Drive
San Diego, CA 92106Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.humphreysrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6192243577x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
TUE: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
WED: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
THU: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
FRI: 6:00pm - 1:00am
SAT: 6:00pm - 1:00am
SUN: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International
- Executive Chef: Paul Murphy
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private and semi-private availability.
- Private Party Contact: Mark McIver 6193989446x280
- Entertainment: San Diego's finest live entertainment from jazz, blues, high-energy dance and rock is featured nightly in our Backstage Music Club.
Banquet Facilities: We can accommodate groups up to 1200.
A word from Humphreys Restaurant
Long regarded in San Diego and abroad as one of the city's finest waterfront restaurants, Humphreys Restaurant features Modern Global Cuisine at its finest and overlooks the marina on beautiful San Diego Bay. After dinner, dance the night away in our adjacent Backstage Music Club to the finest live entertainment San Diego has to offer. Reservations made online are for the dining room only. Sunday Brunch: $43.95 for Adults and free for Children 4-12. If you want to enjoy the live jazz during your brunch, the reservation can not be made online.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Humphreys Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Point Loma ›
Humphreys Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since April 1 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (45)special occasion (36)great for brunch (32)romantic (24)good for groups (15)vibrant bar scene (11)fit for foodies (9)notable wine list (8)great for lunch (8)hot spot (7)neighborhood gem (7)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (5)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Lunch on the HarbortylerdonnaDined on 7/26/2014Beautiful spot to enjoy lunch overlooking the San Diego Bay and its many sailboats, as well as stand up paddleboarders paddle by. The food was excellent as was the service.Special Features:
- Not GreatKittyVIPDined on 7/24/2014Went for lunch. It is a nice menu but the food isn't great. The calamari is bland and too breaded, the hummus is boring and the crab melt is fishy and not pleasant. Quite a disappointment.Special Features:
- Food ServerthemanDined on 7/21/2014Excellent service. Our waiter has been with Humprey's 26 years. That says a lot.Special Features:
- Best Brunch I've Ever HadOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/20/2014This was really Ana amazing dining experience. I gave the food a 4/5 because my mom had wished they had yogurt and a few other things. Expensive but very worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Great Restuarant, but Brunch hours need to be update on Open Table, I had to wait 30 minutes to be seated after my scheduled seating due to the operational hours being incorrect.Special Features:
- New to San DiegoOZZYDined on 7/13/2014A real treat!! Great view and excellent food. The live music was a total bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It makes dining an experience.4alarkVIPDined on 7/13/2014Sunday brunch here is an event you shouldn't miss.Special Features:
- great ambience and foodlc23Dined on 7/10/2014The title says it all. We loved the appetizers and the main courses. Noise level was absent so we enjoyed excellent conversation with our friends. Good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful BrunchEscondidoFoodieDined on 6/29/2014Brunch on Sunday was our first experience at Humphreys. It was great. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone. Food and service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- David SmithOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014The food was amazing. We sat next to the big windows overlooking the bay, it was wonderful. Our waitress was not the greatest, however the other wait staff around helped us out and they were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View with Uneven FoodkiwirugbyDined on 6/28/2014Typical of the kind of theme-based restaurant (Hawaii/Pacific) a little kitsch but with a good view of the marina off Shelter Island in San Diego. After having asked for the music to be turned down, we settled in. Shared a mixed plate appetizer, followed by scallops and lobster risotto. The latter was dreadful tasting more of beef broth and with very little lobster. Scallops were fresh and no over cooked. Excellent! The wine list is, as one might expect, over-priced and very limited for those who tastes tend towards the more natural tasting grapes (e.g., no oak). Service was all right, but not that attentive. I would not repeat.Special Features:
- Review of Humphreys1greatchoiceDined on 6/27/2014This is one of the best restaurants in Point Loma. I eat there frequently and am never disappointed in the food and the service. The menu changes occasionally, but they seem to keep some favorites on board for the regular diners. The view of the marina and San Diego Bay particularly enhances the dining experience. I particularly appreciate the fact that the noise level is not so loud (as in many restaurants) that you can hear one another talk.Special Features:
- Great food!Freeninja40Dined on 6/25/2014The restaurant was great! The food was spectacular! If we could of licked our plates we would of ! Very tasty food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less then perfect but still goodLovefoodandwineVIPDined on 6/22/2014I guess from previous visits I expected the food to be better. Most of it was good but not great. Variety was spectacular as usual. Wonderful table by the window. No shortage of anything. The oysters tasted off and the Benedict eggs were herd cooked. Shrimp was tender but bland. We had a reservation at 12:15 and yes we were 10 minutes late but we still had to wait 20 more minutes to be seated. Reccomend get there early.Special Features:
- Good food, SLOW servicedbmsnurseDined on 6/20/2014We were entertaining clients, and decided to try this place. We arrived at 12:45 and were seated promptly at a nice window table. There were 3 other tables with diners, otherwise the place was empty. To make a long story short, we were there for over one and a half hours, which, considering we ordered nothing exotic or requiring extra prep, was ridiculous. There were only 5 of us, we ordered only 1 round of soft drinks, one appetizer, our main meals, and 2 desserts, so we should have been finished in one hour. As there were so few other patrons we were surprised at how long it took for each course. As far as the food, everything was delicious, especially the sea bass and the bread pudding, just don't go if you have a timetable to keep!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Celebration SpotMissTDined on 6/15/2014We had a great Father's Day meal. I recommend Humphrey's!!Special Features:
- No ReservationDisappointedDined on 6/15/2014Fathers Day Brunch at Humpherys. We drove 105 miles one way to find that your site was WRONG. We did not have a reservation for brunch. No apologies from the Restaurant. I even emailed the manager directly. Poor customer service. Very disappointed.
- open table failSarahDined on 6/15/2014Open table allowed me to make father's day reservations at 8am and when we arrived the hostess looked perplexed. She looked at us and then looked at the empty restaurant and asked "you aren't here for the father's day brunch, are you?" We clearly were there as a family for brunch. She said that it was not starting for another two hours. I asked what we could do and after talking to two other servers, they informed me that there would be no way our family would be enjoying brunch there. When I informed them that there would probably be more people with reservations through open table like me, instead of offering to contact the "several parties" due in at 8:30, the server decided they would just let those families come in to find out.Special Features:
- Megro76Dined on 6/12/2014Found it. To be very noisy. Open like a barn. Not romantic. Food good. But overall lacked atmosphere. Was there years ago. Liked it better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost PerfectBob83Dined on 6/11/2014My wife and I dined at Humphrey's for our June 11th anniversary. It was a Wednesday night which I much prefer to weekend crowds. The room was about 60% full and the service from our waitress, Joanne, nothing less than perfect. My wife ordered the Seabass which she described as ample, very flavorful but perhaps a bit on the dry side. I had the Snapper, again flavorful, not at all dry but I thought the serving size to be stingy as the actual fish was only about a quarter inch thick. The saving grace was the bed of crab pancakes (like dressing) under the fish. We did receive a comp desert. Just a little bit of improvement to these food issues would result in five stars, but nevertheless, on special occasions, we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014The room was not as pictured on your website. Furniture was tired and dirty. We had a reservation but were not seated on time. Food was fair.
- Another Great BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/8/2014I always bring visiting friends and family to Humphrey's for brunch when they visit San Diego. It's a great way to end a great week in San Diego. The food and service are always good. Thanks for making my group feel special, AGAIN :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- XCLNT 20yr Anniversary Dinner setngMeAndMrsJonesDined on 6/7/2014Out meals were highly acceptional & perfectly cooked & seasoned to perfection. Easy in most cases, but the wide selection if Gluten Free entrees & desserts, one would likely never guess these were hand made unsurpassed specialties! Cremé brûlée was the lightest velvet, the marscipone was truly amazing w/ the passion fruit sauce!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/6/2014Food was very good, the waitress was exceptional. We would go back when in town again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weekend GetawayRickRVIPDined on 6/6/2014My wife were spending a nice weekend in San Diego. Great restaurant, food and service .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!Jadom525Dined on 5/25/2014Great experience! Server was awesome... She didn't over visit. Macadamia crusted sea bass was remarkable. Haven't had a better crab cake anywhere. They even brought us a complimentary dessert for our anniversary dinner.Special Features:
- Missy . . .MissyDined on 5/25/2014It is a lovely place for Sunday brunch, but - though what I ate was tasty - I think the food is somewhat overrated for the price. I will add that I've been to Humphreys for the DineSan Diego week and also for dinner and I think this is a better representation of the quality of food that Humphreys can offer. Still, I would go there again for brunch because - overall - it is a very nice brunch venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/25/2014Was staying at the hotel so decided to come here for Sunday Brunch, was not disappointed. Plenty of choices! From seafood (cold crab legs, oysters, shrimp, salmon, 'fake' sushi, grilled fish, etc), to breakfast (omelets, waffles, bacon, eggs Benedict, etc) to desserts (various cakes, ice cream, sorbet, cookies, amazing bread pudding, flan etc), hot meats (roast beef, ham, etc). Unlimited Mimosas as awell comes out to $42.95/ppSpecial Features:
- Not that impressedKnLfrom585Dined on 5/23/2014Seemed to be a very nice place upon arrival. The atmosphere was outstanding. Then the food.. I had prime rib which was decent. My girlfriend ordered seafood pasta which had shrimp,bay scallops,sea bass(which the server raved about) in a lobster sauce. After just a few bites my girlfriend bit into bones. She attempted to eat around the bass to avoid anymore bones. The server could sense something was wrong and basicly avoided our table until she tried to drop the check off. We politely told the server of the issue with no intent of getting anything out of it other then possibly some acknowledgement. The servers response was "oh the cook must've forgot to remove the bones"..for the $ spent we were far from impressed.Had potential but flopped!Special Features:
- Love Love LoveDisappointingVIPDined on 5/18/2014Humphrey's Sunday brunch is amazing. Great buffet food. Great live music. Amazing service. Bottomless drinks. Honestly a new favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gone downhillWendtcrazyDined on 5/18/2014I have been to Humphrey's brunch numerous times over the years. I was there to celebrate my 60th birthday with my family and was disappointed. My 12:15 reservation did not get seated until 12:45. The upholstery seemed worn, dull and dated. A small, fresh flower on each table would add a pop of color and cheer to the table setting. There were no plates available twice when I went to the buffet. Items were not replenished quickly enough and one had to either wait or return later. The attendant making waffles was too busy eyeballing the young ladies, ignoring the timers going off on the waffles. The food, however, was very good. The pork spare ribs were excellent. I'm hoping to find an improved experience should I return in the future.Special Features:
- Brunch and JazzPaulDined on 5/18/2014You can't beat starting Sunday morning with great food and Jazz. The music soothes the sole and is relaxing while you dine. The waitresses are friendly, attentive and let you relax and enjoy your morning brunch. This place is the perfect way to end a Saturday night stay at Humphreys after a great concert. It's a must a least several times a year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so romantic Anniversarydinner42Dined on 5/17/2014We went to Humphreys so we would have a place to go dancing after dinner. Our reservations were for 7P and the restaurant was almost empty so we were seated immediately. Our first drinks came promptly but after that the service deteriorated rapidly. The food was good but the noise level in the restaurant was so high we had trouble carrying on a conversation. We never did make it to the dance floor. Nice views but not worth the price. We will not be going back.Special Features:
- Greeat for a Special OccasionsailbumDined on 5/15/2014This is a great place for a romantic dinner. The prices are a little steep but worth it for a special occasion. The only thing negative is avoid the black bean soup. It is really a vegetable soup with a few black beans in it, not a traditional southwest style black bean soup. Everything else on the menu that I have tried in my many visits has always been excellent. The service is excellent and a great place for a quiet, romantic dinner.Special Features:
- GREAT BRUNCHfoodmasterDined on 5/4/2014This was the best brunch my wife and I have eaten in San Diego. The waiting staff was on point and their overabundance of good conversation was a pure treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Easter BrunchCDG925Dined on 4/20/2014We had a great time at Easter Brunch. They did a great job of accommodating our party of 6, which included 3 kids. Friendly and attentive service, those mimosas never stopped flowing! The food selection was large and varied, I especially enjoyed all the seafood. Only thing that could have been improved was that they kept running out of food due to the crowds and the staff struggled to keep up at times. I guess that's to be expected on a holiday like this. Otherwise very good experience overall. We'd like to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2014The food was amazing and the server was very attentive. Wish they would have seated us by the window as requested seeing that there were several open window tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner for my BoyfriendMichaelDined on 4/19/2014Beautiful restaurant and excellent service. Food was delicious and nice variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amy-azingSamWOWDined on 4/7/2014Amy made it a wonderful evening for us! Friendly and prompt service with a diverse menu she was knowledgable and energetic. The good was delicious, they didn't have a dessert menu instead she brought a dessert tray!! How spectacular with live music carrying over from the bar, the decor and ambience was lovely and inviting. I would highly suggest visiting and enjoying a meal here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sorrybobhDined on 4/6/2014disappointed. it wasn't as good as it used to be. i understand they changed formats a couple years ago. no more jazz brunch. now r&b. brings in a totally different crowd. no more dress code - anything goes. food choices not a match to prior format. very little meat selection. wouldn't go back. drove over 1 hour to get there. not worth it. our table was in the back of the room near the entrance in spite of the fact that we noted we were celebrating a birthday. But Open Table was great to work with as usual. Thank you.Special Features:
- The following 897 reviews are from the Humphreys Restaurant reviews archive.