Howard Wang's - Southlake
1471 East Southlake Blvd.
Southlake, TX 76092Neighborhood:
ChinesePrice: $30 and under
Howard Wang's - Southlake
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hwrestaurants.com/southlake
- Phone: 8174886667
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Asian, Asian, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Howard Wang
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We offer a customized catering menu ranging in different pricing options.
- Private Party Facilities: Private Room sitting up to 30 people. Family Style menus created to fit every party's individual needs, including on and off the menu items.
- Private Party Contact: Marie Vela 8174886667
A word from Howard Wang's - Southlake
Upscale Chinese Restaurant in Southlake. Located in The Shops of Southlake in the same shopping center as Central Market. Featuring Contemporary and Traditional Chinese Cuisine. Offering full service, patio and private dining. Full bar/lounge including Asian beers, mixology driven cocktails, evolving wine list and premium Sake. Weekday Happy Hour and Specials.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Howard Wang's - Southlake - Best Restaurants in Southlake ›
Howard Wang's - Southlake reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (22)fit for foodies (19)special occasion (15)great for lunch (14)good for groups (11)romantic (10)kid-friendly (8)great for outdoor dining (8)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (3)notable wine list (2)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Today just okphil123Dined on 9/26/2014Been here abou 15 times. If you like soup, it is very good Servers need training. If you need anything ask for a manager. The servers are clueless The food is very good and cooked to order. Today just ok means the kitchen decided they did not want to stir fry me brown rice and the server could not get it to happen. So for that I will go elsewhere the next few times choose to eat out.I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 Generation Family FavoriteTxtouristsDined on 9/20/2014From our 11 year old vegan daughter to her 75 year old omnivore grandfather, everyone is happy with "The Wang." It is all Asian and we love the Apps and Entree's. Dessert isn't a favorite here, however. Love the Jade Vegetable Dumplings. The spicy edamame are super-spicy, be careful. The cocktails are creative and Buddha Beer is a different treat. We are "regulars" and now prefer The Wang to PFC's in Grapevine. We use Open Table for reservations and no more long wait for a table like the Grapevine Asian restaurant. They have a strong wait-staff and we typically get the same servers, who recognize us, which is always nice. Howard himself even stops by tables to greet guests on occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Howard wangsjfineVIPDined on 9/13/2014Always consistent .good food and service. First time at Southlake location . Very nice Restraurant .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off the RotationAlieninKellerDined on 9/6/2014Have patronized both this and Lemmon locations; service at both locations not their strong suit. Continued to return because the food was better than locally average pan-Asian offerings (which isn't saying much)! On this most recent foray, I made a reservation through OT. When we arrived, we were escorted to a table in the bar which I thought odd because we had a legitimate booking -- we weren't walk-ins. Additionally, we were seated in a booth adjacent to the kitchen, the lavatory entrance and walk-through for staff. Should have taken this a sign of things to come. Server was diffident and seemed put upon. At this point service became chaotic with multiple servers. No one seemed to be "running the floor." Won't be going back.Special Features:
- Excellent Chinese-with a twistWatermanVIPDined on 9/5/2014Excellent food with Chinese and Southeast Asia notes on the menu. Extensive menu. Great preparation and presentation. Beautiful well thought out decor. Very active bar with creative drink menu. The Deep Eddy's Cranberry with mint and jalapeño. The Ma La Menu is excellent. Large portions. I highly recommend this restaurant. Fun atmosphere and excellent Far East Dining. Howard Wang was presiding over his top notch staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeNoPeDined on 9/3/2014Love it. Good food. good atmosphere. Spicy should mean spicy though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deto32yearsDined on 8/30/2014Great food and great atmosphere! wish I found this restaurant sooner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!SeriousFoodie42Dined on 8/19/2014Very nicely decorated restaurant makes you feel welcome upon entering. Quickly seated and greeted by a great server, Cory. Chicken satay with peanut nice was excellent as was the pan fried pork dumplings. Stir fried salmon with Chinese broccoli was better than expected (wasn't sure what it would be), and the shrimp with walnut sauce was tasty and filling. My only downside was I wasn't expecting the mango ginger mojito to taste sour, but I drank it in between water sips. Two drinks, two appetizers and two entrees was $85 including tip. Pleasantly came in way under budget and will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wait StaffBinkFanDined on 8/4/2014Our waiter was fantastic. Very knowledgeable of the menu in general and the special dishes available only at Howard Wang's.Special Features:
- Worst Service Ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/3/2014Made reservations at Howard Wang's last night. We came in and waited a couple minutes before seating ourselves at the bar. The hostess came by so we flagged her down to let her know where we sat and she took our drink order then walked off. Cue the waiter... he began to ask us our drink orders again which I let him know the hostess had already taken. His response was "yeah, well she is a dumb broad." It was all pretty much downhill from there. If I had been alone I would have left. Food was ok, but for that service I will take my business elsewhere and the hostess should too.
- PartnerjeffDined on 7/11/2014the service was horrible and food at best mediocre
- Consistently has great foodICU812Dined on 7/11/2014The food and service are consistently good every time we frequent there. We try new dishes and if we do not care for it they immediately change it out at no additional costs. Their service is one of the best in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodMsAlexisDined on 7/11/2014My boyfriend and I eat here a few times a month (he loves the Peking Duck) and everything I have tried (pad thai, orange chicken, shrimp fried rice, egg flower soup, etc) has been excellent. A few times we have gone, there has been a somewhat long wait, which usually stems from the duck taking longer than most orders, but a few times we have been left wondering where our server has gone just to refill our drinks, bring out an appetizer, etc. Most of the servers though, are friendly, attractive young people who really do aim to please. We generally get in without a wait with out reservations, as well. A great spot overall!Special Features:
- Excellent AtmosphereNoPeDined on 7/9/2014This place is fantastic. it's our second time there and it didn't disappoint. The Korean BBQ dishes are a real treat. Also get some of that cole slaw if you get a chance.Special Features:
- Our fav in southlakeMeichDined on 7/8/2014We are regulars at Howard Wangs Southlake. We bring many out of town guests here and are never disappointedSpecial Features:
- Foodie001VIPDined on 7/6/2014We love the Spicy Basil Chow Fun and Jasmine tea. My daughter eats from kids menu. We have been here numerous times and have always been pleased with food, wine, atmosphere, and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with FriendsAZeeVIPDined on 6/21/2014Recently had dinner with friends at Howard Wang's and all the dishes were excellent, especially the Cantonese Chicken!Special Features:
- Great eveningmtm1969Dined on 6/6/2014Great food and the staff was very attentive. Recommendations from our server were excellent.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerpinkieDined on 6/3/2014It was a little too cold with the air conditioning. Ended up covering my wife with a napkin. The food was ok nothing exceptional. Couple next to us kept sending their drink back to the bar. We had wine and beer. The white wine was less than cool but the beer was ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 77 reviews are from the Howard Wang's - Southlake reviews archive.
- GmanVIPDined on 5/23/2014It's great to have Howard Wang's in Southlake. Always a good time and meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bland American Chinese foodWoodnutDined on 5/18/2014I noticed in other reviews that patrons complained about the food lacking flavor. We had the same experience, from the hot and sour soup, to the mooshi pork to the noodle dish. We asked for and received some hot sauces which helped considerably but something was still missing. The portions were generous, looked very good, but just didn't have the taste that good Chinese does. We were there early on a Sunday evening, it was not crowded, but it seemed to take forever for each item to arrive. Doubt we'll ever go back.Special Features:
- Great food, great atmosphereJimlovesseafoodVIPDined on 5/11/2014We went for Mother's Day and really enjoyed ourselves. The food was very authentic and the service was exceptional. We were treated very well and the hostesses were also very friendly.Special Features:
- Best Chinese restaurant - SouthlakeRestHopperDined on 4/27/2014My 1st visit to this place on a Sun eve was very pleasant. The booth inside were not as comfortable not to mention the party with loud kids next to us so we opted to go outside. Outside seating is recommended and our server Toni was fantastic. He was very attentive. The food was very good and we enjoyed the schezuan calamari, the spicy basil noodles, among others are worth a try. Certainly will go back here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Momof3Dined on 4/20/2014I've been here several times now, food is consistently good & the service is friendly and attentive. The mango ice cream is a favorite of my kids, and I find the entrees not overly salty.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday afternoon diningLizzyDined on 4/13/2014Service was excellent; food was fresh and delicious- we will be return customersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good!ranerDined on 4/5/2014We love this restaurant. So glad Southlake finally has an outstanding Asian/Chinese restaurant!Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerDJSCDined on 4/4/2014Dinner was great! Even got to meet Howard Wang! Definitely one of my favorite restaurants in Southlake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everybody Howard Wang TonightbsmallDined on 3/25/2014Incredible. The bartender/waiter took charge and led us to the perfect dish mixed with perfect cocktails. Not a big crowd the night we went, making it the perfect place to hang out and talk at the bar. Run, don't walk, to Howard Wang's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and food! PresentatioOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/22/2014Great service and food! Presentation was spectacular. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the usual experienceTcufrog08Dined on 3/16/2014We have been to Howard Wangs for dinner before and had an unbelievable experience with great food and pretty good service. We chose to have a Sunday lunch and it was not the same. Service was very slow and the entrees were lackluster at best. The egg rolls and chicken satays were tasty, but took a while to get. We were never offered sweetener for tea until another waitress came by. We rarely saw our waiter and it wasn't even that busy. We ordered the Singapore Rice Noodles with shrimp and it was absolutely flavorless. We have ordered it before and was much better. I'm not sure what happened this time. I plan on giving Howard's one more shot since we had such a good time our first go round.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good food and servicelojomyVIPDined on 3/14/2014This was our second dinner at HW's. We enjoy the variety of selections on the menu. There is always something for everyone and always something new to try. The quality of the food is outstanding and the environment is very appealing especially in the back room with its curtains. Our service was likewise very good. Our server was attentive and when we had a question about the usage of MSG, the manager came over to explain where it was used and where it wasn't. Very helpful and very transparent. Overall HW's is a cut above its competition and I'd recommend it highly. We'll certainly be back and bring more of our friends.Special Features:
- It's FineOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/14/2014Had tried to visit before and was rudely turned away due to a lack of reservation. Made a reservation this time & was immediately seated in the bar, which we thought was weird. But the service at the table was great; our waiter walked us through the menu to explain the distinctions and was very prompt with food and drinks. The food, however, was just okay. We ordered a whole bunch of different dishes to get a good sampling and found most of them to just be okay. Everything we ordered had good flavor but was overcooked - steam buns, pork belly, seafood, and even tempura were all tough. Can't say that we'll go back, especially at the price.
- Enjoyable in every wayWoodrowDined on 3/8/2014Our group of eight was totally pleased with our dining experience. The service, food and atmosphere was perfect. Only two of us had been here before, and the others were pleasantly surprised and mentioned they will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Food, Rushed ServiceMIkeDined on 3/1/2014Our food was very good, but our waitress rushed our service! I was still eating as she began clearing the table, i.e. Picking up dishes reaching across my plate. The bill was brought without asking us about dessert. We had to ask for coffee. What would have been a nice evening with friends, was rushed! Again, the dishes were very good, but we do expect better service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a findChrisDined on 3/1/2014This was our first time here. We were pleasantly surprised by our experience. We made reservations on Open Table in the afternoon for later that evening. Prior to our reservation time we were contacted by the restrauant. They asked if we would like to sit on the patio that evening due to the pleasant weather. We agreed, which is unusual for us. The outside experience was great. Generally around here you are going to get a view of the parking lot, which was not the case, nor could you hear the traffic noise from 1709. The food was excellent. We left there raving about one of our new favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Asian Fusion in SouthlakeDustyDined on 2/22/2014By far one of the top restaurants in Southlake that is light years ahead of other restaurants attempts at doing Chinese/Asian cuisine. Start of the night with a cocktail from the best bartender in DFW, Sage, and then order some dumplings and/or potstickers for an appetizer. My favorite is the spicy Szechwan wonton...game changer. Then branch out and try the Peking Duck, Vanilla Prawns, and my favorite, Wang's Beef Tenderloin! This place will not disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUMMsGLoveDined on 2/22/2014Howard Wangs has always been one of my favorites for gourmet Asian food in a sophisticated, comfortable environment. The Southlake location is no exception to that. We had a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Howard moves to SouthlakepeachesbockVIPDined on 2/22/2014I have been a patron of Howard Wang's since he opened his location at Northwest Highway and Midway in Dallas. The restaurant in Southlake is beautiful. The menu is more extensive than his other location and the food was very good. I'd recommend checking it out if you live in the area.Special Features:
- Fun nightSherryDined on 2/21/2014We were seated right at our reservation time, service was prompt and the food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Asian FusionVedosisDined on 2/21/2014We drove about 45 minutes to get to the place (random pick in the metroplex) and if it was closer, we'd probably go again. As it was the food was really good/interesting Asian fusion and the decor was really nice. But... I think we prefer to stick to the classics.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.