92 Ludlow St.
New York, NY 10002Neighborhood:
Lower East Side
Contemporary French / AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://hotelchantelle.com/
- Phone: 2122549100
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday & Sunday Brunch 12pm - 5pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary French / American
- Executive Chef: Seth Levine
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Check our website and facebook page for daily programming.
A word from Hotel Chantelle
One of Manhattan’s rare rooftop eateries, this LESer flaunts 360-degree Downtown Outdoor Scene paired with midpriced New French-American eats; a retractable glass roof makes it an all-seasons affair, and two lounges downstairs are just the thing for after-dinner cocktailing.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hotel Chantelle reviews from OpenTable diners
131 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (98)great for brunch (78)vibrant bar scene (64)good for groups (59)hot spot (47)neighborhood gem (44)fit for foodies (42)romantic (29)great for lunch (28)scenic view (24)special occasion (23)late-night find (23)kid-friendly (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Overpriced and coldOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/24/2014We bought the Maine Squeeze Lobster Bake. The food was overcooked and cold. My lobster was tiny compared to the others in the restaurant and the claw was even broke off. It came with clams mussels and potatoes. The quantity in my daughters dish was significantly more. I felt like mine was the dregs of a previous batch. Even the celery stalk had dirt on it. Our waitress served us our drinks and then we never saw her again. Needless to say no tip and I won't be going back.
- Amazing truffle pizza!BCap48Dined on 8/24/2014Great for a group but it's very loud so a little hard to talk. Don't get the eggs, they were cold and nothing special. The truffle pizza on the other hand was to die for. They also have .92 cent drinks which are amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYC BRUNCH MUSTOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Our experience at Hotel Chantelle for Sunday brunch was just too good. We had a reservation for 11:30 and ended up not showing up until noon due to a lousy cab driver. Yet the staff graciously allowed us our table and made our experience incredible with their impeccable service. They also have $0.92 cocktails during brunch, which are the perfect complement to your entree. To top it all of, the restaurant is set on a very quaint rooftop on the lower east side. It has a lovely Parisian feel, and there was a live jazz band playing as well. The staff was extremely polite and attentive, and it was one of the best meals we had while staying in Manhattan. Definitely will return on future trips to NYC. TIP: Make reservations early!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serviceflipflopDined on 8/22/2014The staff and waiters constantly asked if we were ready to order 3 times! We timed how long it would take for them to come to the table. We even questioned the staff as to how often are they required to check on a table. We ordered the pizza as a starter which we all enjoyed. My friend asked for a kale salad with grilled salmon.The incompetent waiter came back with a kale salad with smoked salmon, neglecting to say the cook does make grilled salmon. I ordered a lobster pot pie which was on the menu. What was brought to me instead was lobster bisque soup with an overly flaky crossiant. My recommendation is not to come to Hotel Chantelle for a meal if you must come then do for the watered down half priced drinks and maybe a starter.
- Great FoodiheartfoodDined on 8/22/2014The rooftop.dining is awesome and the fish tacos are amazing. Everything was fresh and crisp and i would go back each time I visited nyc. Servers were very friendly too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great startersdisappointedDined on 8/19/2014The starters were fantastic. The lobster rolls, the snow crab claws, the deviled eggs and the kale salad were amazing, the sweet potato fries were good too. The grilled fish was not so great, the fish was bland and the kale that accompanied the fish was way too salty. The fish tacos were better, but the portion was very small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chic outdoor bar/loungeilesinaVIPDined on 8/19/2014Went with travelzoo voucher on a tues nite. Arrived about 6pm (with reservations) with no wait. Plenty of seats/tables available. Lots of groups of girls. Drinks were delish. Ordered the tuna tartare & white truffle pizza apps. Both very good. We were seated in upstairs outdoor area- very nice ambiance & spacious area. Not crowded or stuffy. recommend if u r near the neighborhood or to try at least once. I live in another borough & LES is a bit out the way but it was a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stick To Your Night JobOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2014The service was awful. Which is sad because the place has so much potential, but then again it is originally a club. Any given four year old is brighter than the wait staff there. Communication is not their strong point and neither is their customer service. I had a better exchange of words with the security guard than with the manager, assistant manager, hostess, and our pin-headed waitress...cute dress though.Special Features:
- Only Because of the FOODramospthegDined on 8/17/2014Reservation made at 2:30pm, didn't receive seating until 3:00pm. Sat down and my server came 10 minutes after we sat, to only ask us if we were ready, and didn't even bother to hear us out, and just left. Ordered the Steak and Eggs and Lobster Eggs Benedict (After another 30 minutes or so). You can see where I'm going with this - Service was horrible, but the food made up for it. I would have to say the outdoor ambiance also helped their poor service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I hate givining titles to reviews..RaiFrayDined on 8/11/2014Overall, I did enjoy Hotel Chantelle, however I don't know that would seek it out for dinner without the living social deal I purchased. It's clearly a great bar scene, and the rooftop is gorgeous, but even on a Monday night, it's REALLY loud, and the food and drinks were hit or miss. The deviled eggs, family meal sashimi, truffled tator tots, and the sparkling wine cocktail we had were delicious. The lobster roll, fish tacos, oysters, and wine we had, were average at best. Our server was friendly, and attentive at first, but then missing halfway through our meal, especially once what seemed like every other customer started to stand.I expected it to be along the lines of Beauty and Essex, but the place was a combo of a lot of diff things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/9/2014People come here for the cocktails & the punch bowls - which are amazing. The food, however, is not! Scrambled eggs were powdery & The crepes were pre-cooked hence which dry and rubbery.Special Features:
- Private party spoiled eveningLovemyfoodDined on 8/7/2014I booked a table on the rooftop for a date, but when I got there, I was told that we'd be dining downstairs in the dive-bar like dark and oppressive bar and restaurant. Needless to say, we didn't stay, I only had a drink while waiting for my date. A bit annoyed that we weren't informed of this when making the booking because we would definitely have gone somewhere else in the first place and not wasted our time. Still have no idea what the roofdeck was like or the food, so can't make any comment there. The bar is a cool dive bar and the music was really good, but not a venue for dining.Special Features:
- Great brunch spotNYCARAVIPDined on 8/3/2014Great scene and really cool spot for brunch. The table settings on the rooftop are very chic and a welcome surprise in China Town. The live music is also very good. Brunch, including the drinks, are reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambiance--Service Needs HelpamoPisiculusDined on 8/3/2014The food was decent brunch fare (nothing special) but the real bonus here was the insanely inexpensive mimosas and drink specials on for Sunday brunch! No where else can you get this kind of deal for booze. And the drinks were actually pretty good. But the frustrating part is that it was all ruined because of the lack of professionalism of the staff of the place. Our waiter seemed quite aloof and cold--not qualities I believe a waiter should have. In addition to our surprise we were told we would have to be out by 12:30 or at least move to the bar because the place was accidently overbooked. That's unprofessional. So overall they just need to work on service and they're golden.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the BuckFOODIEVIPDined on 8/1/2014Pricey - but worth it - start with Happy Hour (for inexpensive drinks) - dinner - to the Friday Burlesque Show. The Burlesque Show is VERY VERY GOOD - and I have been to a lot.
- What a blast!t182288VIPDined on 7/30/2014We dined on a Wednesday, which was their Luau themed party; the menu was different which was perfect because we made a note to come again and try their menu another time. The bar was full and drinks were strong and they have a very well priced happy hour. What a blast. The food was amazing. We ordered a bunch of starters and small plates. The oysters were amazing and the house cocktails were very fun and different. Our waitress was also really attentive and was not rude, like other restaurants are during happy hour. We wound up staying for a long period of time and ringing up a nice bill.Special Features:
- alexaVIPDined on 7/27/2014I WANT TO BE THERE ALL DAY EVERY DAY :) :) IT IS SUCH A FUN SPOT WITH AMAZING FOOD. THE TRUFFLE TATOR TOTS ARE DELICIOUSSpecial Features:
- alexaVIPDined on 7/26/2014so fun! great 92 cent cocktails at brunch (not a gimmick!) and delicious foods. :)Special Features:
- Jazzy and Tasty!FoodieXOXODined on 7/26/2014I loved the options on the menu and the mimosas can get addicting! There is an automatic 15% gratuity added automatically and I don't usually mind so long as I still get good service which I DID! Super friendly and tasty! The Jazz band really set an ambiance! Can't wait to go back, my favorite brunch place so far.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & drinks...go nowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Even though we waited about 45 minutes to be seated, the staff was very nice and attentive. We had drinks at the bar while we waited...who can complain about 92 cent cocktails! The food was absolutely delish, all three entrees that we ordered were amazing! Definitely coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor bar scene, AWFUL foodMFSDDined on 7/18/2014Picked this spot to check out the scene and enjoy eating outside on the rooftop on a nice night - the rooftop is a great setting, fun place to hang out. Too loud for an intimate dinner, but wasn't so crowded that it was uncomfortable. The service staff was pleasant and did a good job despite being busy. The food, on the other hand...atrocious. The oysters were old, the lobster roll should be renamed the mayonnaise roll, the fish tacos were about average, and the hanger steak was terrible. Recommend this place highly, good bar scene and outdoor drinks on the rooftop. For dinner, you're better off picking up something out of the trash can on your way there...Special Features:
- Great outdoor spaceLoriBDined on 7/18/2014We went for dinner on a beautiful summer night. It was a pretty place with a busy bar scene. Drinks were great but the food was ok. Probably won't go back because it isn't close to me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Smallest pour in the easttheirfanVIPDined on 7/13/2014Extremely mediocre food..empty place with insanely loud music. Bartender poured less than an ounce on first drink (.75)
- Great birthday celebration!FineDine03Dined on 7/12/2014I went to Hotel Chantelle with a group of friends to celebrate my birthday and I was not disappointed. It was my first time there and I fell completely in love with the decor, seating, music, drinks and food. I made reservations for 6:00pm, but arrived over a half hour late and they still honored my reservation ... customer service was excellent from start to finish. My guests loved Hotel Chantelle, the atmosphere was vibrant and everyone was so welcoming. My birthday celebration was better than I expected! I will definitely visit this restaurant again. Rooftop, in one word, ideal!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!BkRodneyDined on 7/8/2014I loved this place!!! Great outside area and great menu available! The cookies and milk on the desert menu is a must!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best bartender everAndybDined on 7/6/2014Overall, it was a nice time. The food was amazing and our bartender (who was from California) was Awesome and there aren't enough characters allowed in this review to praise him. However, the woman who greeted us at the door was more than rude and we did feel rushed to leave. After eating we were told, "Another party needs this table." while we were still having cocktails. It would have been a bit nicer if we were kindly asked to relocate to the bar. As it stood, we basically felt that we just needed to leave.Special Features:
- JoyceVIPDined on 7/4/2014This is one restaurant that I frequent on a Friday night. Love the food and show every Friday.Special Features:
- Amazing find!HapppyhedgehogDined on 7/4/2014Wonderful time, great staff, delicious food and drinks. This is rooftop restaurant and bar. The rooftop is retractable so you dont have to worry about getting wet.Special Features:
- what a lovely spot on the LESauntgidgetVIPDined on 7/4/2014We loved the outdoorsy feeling upstairs. The food was delicious---especially the mini lobster rolls.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2000Dined on 6/29/2014A great, fun place with good food, and great drinks. There's a nice group atmosphere but you don't have to be social if you don't want to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome brunch spotedge6VIPDined on 6/29/2014Recently went to Hotel Chantelle for Sunday brunch. Hostesses / bartender / server were all super friendly. Food was great and drinks (which were half off for brunch) were even better. The open air rooftop venue was great and a jazz band enhanced the experience. Will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and SunOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/29/2014Brunch on the rooftop is the way to go! There is a great jazz band and the food is delicious! A very fun scene!.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad servicellluuDined on 6/28/2014The food and the atmosphere were very good, but the service was terribleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood findLTS2014Dined on 6/28/2014Met some friends for brunch. Great atmosphere on the rooftop of a 3- story walk up. The live jazz made it fun and vibrant. Food was quite delicious and the menu offered something for everyone. It's a younger crowd, but they didn't pay any mind to my foursome of 50 year olds. Just know the tables are very close together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hotel Chantelle Aimed to PleaseChrissyB89Dined on 6/27/2014My boyfriend and I really enjoyed ourselves at the Chantelle. It seemed very exclusive upon arrival. The decor is beautiful. The cocktails and refreshing. The food is great!Special Features:
- Outstanding food & service!!lgueatsVIPDined on 6/27/2014We had a lovely table on the rooftop and the venue was even better than we had hoped for! our waiter was an absolute pleasure... the food divine! we shared the grilled octopus and the duck pate... the octopus was even better than at our favorite Greek restaurant, which is really saying something! We WILL be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TravelZoo Dining ExperienceBKDivaVIPDined on 6/24/2014I really like this dimly lit, speak-easy lounge on the LES. They offer $8 cocktails during happy hour and they're pretty good. Try their Pineapple Express is you like your drink with a little kick. For appetizers, I ordered the crispy pork belly which had the right amount of crunch and tenderness along with the thin crust, white truffle pizza topped with parmesian shavings and arugula. Both apps are a must to try. Also, there's a jazz lounge singer during the evening hours so I have to come back and experience the entertainment. No cover charge either!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LaurenVIPDined on 6/23/2014AWESOME roof deck and really nice staff. The food is just meh. But it's still a fun spot and not too pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous jazzy brunch rooftop @ LESLacreidVIPDined on 6/21/2014The terrace at Hotel Chantelle makes you feel, after just a few minutes, as if you've been transported away from New York, and closer to some time and some place in Paris. The vintage mosaic floor, the salvaged wrought iron fence surrounding the rooftop area, the gorgeous vintage bar... it's all beautiful. The food is pretty great –yet not necessarily the defining feature. The brunch drinks are pretty good, chief among them the bloody mary. The real beauty in this place is Dandy Wellington and his jazz band (Tue nights and Saturday for brunch), as well as the collection of patrons looking good and dressed to kill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okUncbusDined on 6/21/2014The setting at Hotel Chantelle is beautiful - a well decorated rooftop. The jazz band at brunch was incredible too. They also have great brunch cocktails at great prices. That's where is changes. Our waiter was good. However, another table's waitress moved the shade from covering our table to covering one of hers, and walked off with a shrug when I complained. The food was fine but not outstanding. All in all, it was fine, but not a place I'd return.Special Features: