High Velocity - Indianapolis
10 S. West St
Indianapolis, IN 46204Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
High Velocity - Indianapolis
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.highvelocityindy.com/
- Phone: 3178606500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Everyday: 11:00am - 3:45pm; Dinner: Everyday: 4:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Glen Urso
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from High Velocity - Indianapolis
As one of the largest in Downtown Indy, High Velocity is taking sports bars to a whole new level, featuring 60 plasma TVs and serving 16 varieties of beer fresh from the tap, delicious appetizers, fresh salads, sliders, burgers, chicken wings and more. Plus, High Velocity's Sky Box is defined by its 85-inch 3D plasma television, where guests can watch sports in the comfort of cozy sofa seating or casual seating areas.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
High Velocity - Indianapolis - Best Restaurants in Downtown Indy ›
High Velocity - Indianapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (16)vibrant bar scene (14)great for lunch (13)great for outdoor dining (8)scenic view (7)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (5)special occasion (4)great for brunch (3)romantic (2)neighborhood gem (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Best Spot for Sports in IndypirnhaDined on 9/14/2014The place is absolutely huge with televisions everywhere. Large bar in terms of seating - decent selection of alcohol. Very helpful staff when we were looking for a soccer game to watch. They've got a few tables with their own televisions, which is nice if you've come to watch a specific game. Food was solid with the turkey reuben being a highlight. Only issue my party encountered was a disappearing server during the height of a football Sunday - think she might have been overwhelmed. Overall, a tremendous sports bar.Special Features:
- Better than bar food!FlawLESSVIPDined on 9/7/2014We went to watch Colts play. The food here is so much better than you average bar food. The wings have great options--including a cajun dry rub that's my favorite. No slimy, generic buffalo wings (thank you!) It's a lot harder than you think to find dry rub wings! My husband loved the buffalo chicken salad, his only complaint was the three chicken fingers on top were small, especially for a huge bowl of greens. Fun surprises--funnel cake in a paper cone. Lots of wide open space, no trouble finding a seat. It will be hard to eat the small, wimpy wings at a lot of sports bars after eating the wings here.Special Features:
- HappyAndersonDined on 9/7/2014We went to celebrate my husband's birthday. We made reservations and the manager and server were so friendly to him! The service was great. The food was good. It was a little pricey but the service made up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IRTattendeeDined on 8/27/2014Went here for Devour Downtown before an Indians game. Food was delicious and PLENTIFUL! Our server was particularly good and had a good knowledge of the menu items being offered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High VelocityABrownSkinGirlDined on 8/26/2014My fiance' and I enjoyed our dinner at High Velocity. It was our first time there and we'll most definitely go back. No compliants here.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Very good! Will visit again. The smores dessert was wonderful. The only negative was the price of soft drinks and tea was too high - $3.50.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow serviceNot12ComplainDined on 8/21/2014There couldn't have been more than 8 tables occupied in the whole place. We waited for-ev-er for everything. To order, to get our food, you name it. We were never given water and only checked on once.
- Nice NightOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/20/2014We did the Devour Downtown and it was very nice. Excellent value and nice settingSpecial Features:
- Great atmosphereMehtaDined on 8/20/2014Great atmosphere but I thought the main courses were terrible. I'm pretty sure my chicken was a tad under cook and the whole southwest chicken samdwhich was messy and didn't taste great.Special Features:
- Love the variety!DebraVIPDined on 8/14/2014Great variety in the menu - everyone can find something they like! Friendly wait staff and fast service!Special Features:
- Peace , Joy , Happiness and IndulgeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Peaceful , upscale ambiance which parents with children can enjoy. As well as those who are on a date can have a pleasant experience too. It's very spacious even including tables & chairs. Great customer service from *Joe* . I appreciate your patience and being understanding with my family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, reasonably priced.IowanontheRoadDined on 8/11/2014Very reasonably priced way to have lunch during the conference. I'm glad we stopped by.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great before a ball gamemnelsonDined on 8/8/2014We love going here before an Indianapolis Indians ball game. It is nice to come early when parking is easier, have much better food than at the ball park, and then easily make it into the ball park right across the street.Special Features:
- Top level sports barOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/15/2014Food extremely good for something like this. Can get your own TV if space permits.Special Features:
- booth was to small for 7 peopleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014needed more space for 7 people. other than that everything was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and Large PortionsAkjohnsonVIPDined on 7/5/2014The food was very good. The food was served hot and fresh. The service was slow.Special Features:
- The following 122 reviews are from the High Velocity - Indianapolis reviews archive.
- Great place for dinner before gamemnelsonDined on 5/10/2014I took three teenage boys to this place before an Indians game. TV's everywhere made for a great sports bar experience. Service was efficient and friendly. A little more expensive than most sports bars but also nicer. Will definitely use this place again for pre-game meals.Special Features:
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/19/2014Consistent food with good variety and always served fast! Our server, Grace, was outstanding ! Very friendly, great personality, very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okay...caseyyummDined on 3/29/2014I had reserved this table months before for a bachelorette party. We were staying in the Spring Hill Suites attached and didn't want to go too far for dinner. I wish we had picked a different place. Our server was awkward and didn't speak very loud for all to hear. We had a table for 8 and it is a sports bar/restaurant while an elite 8 game was on TV. SPEAK UP so we can all hear you! She was also pretty slow. I thought the place would be crazy busy and it wasn't. Food was okay.
- High Velocity - Great Restaurant!OceanbreezeDined on 3/21/2014My friend and I dined at High Velocity around 4:30 p.m. on a Friday afternoon. The host staff were very friendly and greeted us promptly. I had made a reservation on-line so my information was already in the system, and our booth was waiting for us when we arrived. Our waitress was very good. The food came out really fast. I ordered the tenderloin, which was VERY good; however, the french fries could have been a little better. They were warm, but it seemed like they had possibly been sitting out for a while. None the less, we enjoyed our first experience to High Velocity, and I even returned on Saturday. Being located in the JW Marriott is another plus to dining at this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food,lackluster serviceMittabDined on 3/10/2014Went with one other person. Place very clean wit TVA all around playing basketball. Noise level a little high but could still carry on a conversation without yelling at each other. Food was good. Waited a while for waitress to finally come to our table. She seemed like she really didn't want to be there. Her final visit to our table was with here's your check and good night. Never had a chance to ask for dessert or coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and easy...NorgeVIPDined on 3/9/2014Seated quickly, served quickly - great local IPA, Upland's Dragonfly; tasty appetizer, tandoori grilled chicken lettuce wraps. If you are staying at or near the Indy JW Marriott, you will do right by stopping through High Velocity for lunch or otherwise!Special Features:
- Night out with the WifeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/8/2014Very nice staff. They made the night out with my wife a fun and enjoyable night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a wonderful restaurantPamelaDined on 2/28/2014This is a wonderful restaurant if you have a group of friends wanting to plan a get together or a couple looking for a great place to have dinner and drinks. The staff is excellent the food is outstanding.Special Features:
- Great barTonyJDined on 2/15/2014Awesome bar to watch a ball game, drink, and munch on food. Plenty of seating and tv, and there are even tables where you have control of your own tv. Serving portion is huge and decently priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First but wont be my lastwildhewDined on 2/14/2014Even though our group showed up late due to weather & traffic they still had our table ready. Our server was amazing. She even allowed us to taste test a few of the local beers the had on tap which I thought was gracious of her. The food was delicious and portion size with cash was well worth it. It wouldn't be the best place for a romantic dinner since there are a lot of TV/sports being shown throughout the restaurant which can cause somewhat of a distraction. But overall we all had a wonderful dining experience and it will definitely be somewhere I revisit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!MrspotterDined on 2/14/2014We always have a great experience at JW Marriott and High velocity!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outSundayDinerVIPDined on 2/1/2014Headed to High Velocity after WinterFest at the fairgrounds. Happened to dine duirng Devour Downtown--so we had a three-course meal for a great price. We were seated right away--even before our reservation time. Had great service and the food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice sports barOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/1/2014Food was good Beer selection is great Plenty of TVs to watch the game Parking can be a problem when events are downtown and their garage is full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/1/2014We tried High Velocity as part of Devour Downtown and it was an excellent choice. The food was wonderful and the service was great as well. I would recommend to anyone looking to watch a sporting event as they have lots of tv's and all tuned to different channels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdaySkysmimiDined on 1/31/2014It was a good place to celebrate a birthday. We made reservations and everything was ready for us when we arrived. The service was great and the food was good. Would recommend to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had lunch during DevourSuestewDined on 1/26/2014We had lunch during Devour Downtown. The food was very good. We shared the Asian Honey wings,12 crispy wings, sweet with a kick, & served hot. Had the Chimichurri steak with potato croquettes. Steak was plentiful and tender & potatoes delicious. Husband had shrimp mac n cheese, creamy & cooked well. Shrimp had a batter similar to tempura. Our dessert was molten lava cake, served hot with creamy vanilla ice cream on the side. Our waitress was very pleasant & friendly but not very efficient. It took a good 15 minutes to get our drinks. She went searching for Diet Coke since they only had Pepsi products on the menu. Appreciated the effort but the soda was quite flat. Our lunch took 1:30. Good food will bring us back. Hope service improves.Special Features:
- Tasty food, slow kitchenlowboyDined on 1/26/2014We had a party of 9. Most of us chose off of the 2 for $30 Devour Downtown menu. You got 1 appetizer, two entrees and 1 dessert. Those that chose the wings received 8-10 wings. Those that got the pot stickers got 5. Taste was excellent, but these portions seem off. I had the steak. It was cooked as specified and was tasty, but not an oh wow I have to go back there. This was the impression I got from all of our party. The food was good, but not amazing. The atmosphere was nice, but the music was a little load. Made it hard to hear the other end of the table. The waitress was very polite and attentive. The kitchen seemed very slow. We were there for over 40 mins. before we received our appetizers and 1 1/2 hours before our entrees arrived.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & Service. ParkingBobaLuDined on 1/24/2014Great food & Service. Parking in Marriott, great view of Victory Field. Great place to hang for games!Special Features:
- Devour treat2stuffed4nowDined on 1/23/2014I was very impressed with the staff and the food was amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best chicken tenders anywhereNotafanVIPDined on 1/5/2014Seriously. The best. Though skimpy portion and uneven number of pieces. The place is on the pricey side for what it is, but also also way above average for what it is. Need only be compared to the very unmemorable sports bars at the other downtown hotels. Burgers, including veggie type are good as are the fries. Great club, Cuban and sw chicken sandwiches. Forget the minis and chicken Caesar salad. Excellent pork tenderloin. Steak chimichuri & salmon dinners are very good. Usually good and earnest service. Booze is pricey but well done. Very poor choice of chairs and they're falling apart already. Live downtown and we go semi-regularly. The chicken tenders are the real draw. They're that good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timebrettcDined on 12/31/2013Food, staff and service are excellent good drink selection great location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gameday ExperienceSteveMDined on 12/29/2013We went to High Velocity to meet some friends prior to the Colts game. The atmosphere was great and the staff was excellent! The only knock was that it took a little while to get our drinks but the waitress kept us well informed on the reason (big crowd at the bar).Special Features:
- Late Night DiningNicholeDined on 12/14/2013After a great basketball game, we ventured out for a late night meal. Great place to go if you are either a family or a party goer! From the lobby, all you see is the bar but the restaurant is actually very family friendly with sports everywhere on all the TV's. A bit loud if you want to really have a chat with someone but that's not why we were there. We will definitely go back over and over!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/9/2013My office takes co-workers to lunch for birthday celebrations. We went with High Velocity as it has good food and is usually realtively quick. We had very fast service to take drink orders, but they took a while to arrive (all sodas and water). Once they arrived, our food orders were taken. The restaurant was relatively quite so the food took longer than expected to arrive. And it was delivered in 2 groups. We had a larger group (9 people) but it still took about 10 minutes after the first half was delivered for the rest of the food to be delivered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.