Henry's 12th Street Tavern
10 NW 12th Avenue
Portland, OR 97209Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Henry's 12th Street Tavern
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.henrystavern.com/page/home
- Phone: 5032275320x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday 11am - 12am
Thursday - Saturday 11am - 2am
Sunday 10am - 12am
Sunday Brunch featuring All You Can Eat Buffet 10 am - 2 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American
- Executive Chef: Nathan Carlton
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private Party contact: Dave Crawford (503) 227-5320
- Entertainment: Henry's Tavern offers an upscale billiards room and bar featuring 3 regulation pool tables.
- Special Events: Join us for Sunday Brunch featuring our All You Can Eat Breakfast Buffet 10 am - 2 pm. We open at 10 am Sundays including our Billiards room with 7 Big Screens to watch the games. Try our $3 Bloody Mary Bar
- Cross Street: 97209
- Public Transit: The max public transit trains have several stops within a few blocks of Henry's. The most accessible is the Trolley Stop on 11th and Couch streets.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Underground city parking lot covering a 2 square block area of the Pearl District. We do not validate parking. Significant street parking is also available.
A word from Henry's 12th Street Tavern
Henry's Tavern is an upscale urban eatery located in an historic building located in the hip Pearl District of Portland Oregon. Henry's features over 100 beers on tap as well as a diversified upscale menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Henry's 12th Street Tavern - Best Restaurants in Pearl District ›
Henry's 12th Street Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (46)vibrant bar scene (30)hot spot (29)neighborhood gem (26)fit for foodies (26)special occasion (25)late-night find (18)great for lunch (15)great for outdoor dining (14)kid-friendly (11)romantic (10)notable wine list (5)great for brunch (2)Show More
- FunOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014I'm glad I chose Henrys Tavern to have my birthday dinner. Everyone loved the food and we all had a lot of fun chatting it up. They served us in a timely manner and everyone who didn't come we're defiantly jealous after I posted pictures on facebook.Special Features:
- Pre-show Dining!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We were attending "Dream Girls" at the Center Stage Theater and wanted to make sure we had plenty of time. Our reservations were for 5:30 pm and we had six (6) people. Our booth was ready when we got there, and we were seated immediately. Because of the hour, and being next to the bar, it was quite noisy where we sat. The fact that an Oregon Ducks football game was being broadcast also added to the energy! The food came as ordered and was as beautiful as it was delicious. Our waiter was attentive without being pushy, and thanked us for our business. We had a great time at Henry's! We were in and out with plenty of time to get to the theater!Special Features:
- Very Accomodating!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014We had a large group in town and the Henry's staff got us all (20) at the same table and made it seem like it was no problem. Our servers were great and good came out in a reasonable amount of time. Just a great experience with awesome food too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool Place!PuraVida4YouVIPDined on 9/18/2014Walked in to watch Thursday night football and lucked out and got a booth at the bar. We arrived just before 6PM we got the happy hour specials. Superb deals on the bar menu. Since it was so cheap, we ordered way too much food, but got to sample lots of dishes. Everything was excellent, hot, and served with a smile! The hummus came with a huge stack of pita's for dipping, not the usual 4 or sections like most places. You could almost make this a meal. We got a Caesar salad, chicken fingers, sliders, and cheese fries. WAY TOO much. Had a great time with lots of TVs with HD. Great parking right beside Henry's.Special Features:
- Good service and foodFoodandfriendshipDined on 9/13/2014The food and service was very good. The only hitch was there was no Creme Brulee at dessert time and we did not find that out for quite a long while after ordering dessert. The server offered a free substitution but we had our hearts set on the Creme Brulee. Overall it was a good meL and experience ni would not let that stop me from going there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatDebTDined on 9/12/2014We always enjoy Henry's. Great good, good service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not timelyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Although food was enjoyable, took to long to get food. Not crowded. We had to run to make it to theatre. Arriving at 6:30pm and getting food at 7:25. We had an 8pm show....
- Excellent food but way overpricedshelneuDined on 9/12/2014The food is very good but way overpriced. Portion sizes are very small.Special Features:
- LarissagreatplaceDined on 8/31/2014Had a wondeful experience. As always everything was as expected! The food is always amazing and everytime i try something new im pleasantly surprised! We've started many fun nights at Henrys!! Thanks! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't Be BackTraveler623Dined on 8/29/2014Big crowd at 6 pm, getting last calls for happy hour. Really a mob scene, loud music on patio. Food mediocre, waiter hard to attract once he saw we brought our bottle of wine from the bar. Didn't bring water or bread, although I mentioned celebrating our anniversary, nothing was said or done. Won't be back.Special Features:
- We loved it!ButtonDined on 8/29/2014We absolutely loved our evening at Henry's Tavern. The atmosphere is fantastic and the service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun night out with the familywaderDined on 8/28/2014Great food and fun atmosphere. Wide ranging menu should please all types. Brownie Sundae was a treat.Special Features:
- Lon and BethBLSteinhauerDined on 8/24/2014We went here after getting a gift certificate. This is a great place. Decor was awesome and clean! Staff was professional and well groomed and very polite. The menu is great. There was so much we wanted to try. I don't eat cheese, my wife does. We wanted to share items on the menu so we could try more items. They went out of their way to split meals for us with the likes of each of us on the plate, even though we did not ask for it. The server was great. We will be back and took advantage of their point card.Special Features:
- table of 15 for work event in need!pdxworkerbeeDined on 8/20/2014Large group for after work event: seating was scheduled for 10, but more folks attended from word of mouth and we had no problems getting additional seating to fit everyone. Service was awesome, food was great, and I would highly recommend for your work events!Special Features:
- CherylVIPDined on 8/13/2014Chopped salad was excellent, and nice quiet table on the outside terrace.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014Great food but the service was not great. Our server took a long time to bring us our drinks, forgot plates and napkins with our appetizer, and forgot to bring for us waters.I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday lunchHappydinersDined on 8/6/2014Hello we celebrated my birthday lunch with the staff and boss, great place Beautiful food and AWESOME dessert thanks for a great time!!Special Features:
- Great time every timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2014My most favorite place and now that I am moving I am going to miss all the experiences that I have had at Henry's .Special Features:
- feelgoodDined on 8/2/2014It is a feel good tavern. We enjoyed the food drinks &overall feel at Henrys.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant is OK - not greatNorthernLightsDined on 7/26/2014Henry's is not special. The food is OK, the ambience is OK; nothing great about it. So if you just want to eat and don't expect excellence, Henry's is fine. Nothing to recommend it.
- Not good enough to returnOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/25/2014Food was ok. I asked for my burger medium we'll and it arrived medium rare, my husband asked for medium and got well done. Half my fries tasted moldy (nothing visibly wrong with them). The brownie sundae was great and huge. Overall it was fine but with all the other restaurants in the area it doesn't merit a return visit.
- Henry's, A Portland FavoriteMalibubillDined on 7/25/2014This is a great place, reasonable priced for downtown dining, excellent service and great atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I know right?franzDined on 7/23/2014My friend ordered a pear and walnut salad for dinner, but when it arrived the salad had no pears or walnuts. When she brought this up to our waitress, the waitress told her she would bring her "extra" pears and walnuts and that she was sorry there wasn't enough. My friend got half way through her salad before the waitress came back with "extra" sides. The waitress asked how the salad was and my friend pointed out yet again that the salad was missing its two main ingredients which was weird. All the waitress said was "I know right?" and walked away. Overall, we did not get the service we were paying for in comparison to the price of our meals. Will not come back to celebrate special occasions again.Special Features:
- Bad servicePortlandDined on 7/19/2014It was my birthday and I made a reservation but when we got there, they had made it for the wrong time.... Then when we finally were able to get a table, my friends told the server that it was my birthday and she rolled her eyes and said nothing. Really terrible service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- preparation and attitude changeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/19/2014I used to get the Cobb salad and it was delightful in the presentation. They had the toppings mixed together in a molded shape on top of the salad, and you could order a half size for those who are trying to watch portion size. Now they put the toppings separated out, with a huge piece of uncut chicken on top. It is not nearly as pleasing to look at, and the chicken is not as easy to eat. When I asked about when they had changed, the wait person looked at me like I was an idiot and said they had always served it this way. I also asked for a smaller portion and again, the wait person told me it was impossible and that they had never allowed it. Funny, it was just six months ago I had it served the old way.Special Features:
- Great food and service8chocolateDined on 7/12/2014We wanted to give our out of town guest a great Portland dining experience in the Pearl District and Henry's did not disappoint. We had an excellent server who was very attentive and friendly. Our food was delicious, hot, and served correctly with no mistakes. The only thing that could have been improved was the lighting. There was a bulb burnt out above us and it was hard to see the menu and take pictures. Overall it was a great experience and we will be back to visit soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and AccommodatingISCDtravelerDined on 7/12/2014I was in town on business with 5 other colleagues and made a reservation for 6 people at 6:45pm. The Tavern texted me the morning of to confirm that we were still coming, nice touch. I confirmed but also texted them back 3 hours later asking if they could accommodate two more individuals. They said it was no problem! When we arrived, our table was ready for us with no wait. We had a Portland native with us to help choose a local beer, which was helpful. However the one I chose was out, so the server suggested another very similar and it was amazing. The food was also very very good and came out in a timely manner. Would definitely come back here if I'm ever in Portland again.Special Features:
- great staffbachelorettepartyDined on 7/9/2014The food and drinks were great and were quick to arrive. We had a group of 7 and were very comfortably seated in an area where our whole group could chat together. The service at Henry's was above and beyond what we expected. Absolutely no complaints about our dinner at Henry's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday lunchHappydinersDined on 7/9/2014staff birthday lunch food is always incredible!! thanks for being there. I would love to come for dinner with my husband soon!Special Features:
- Great TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014We had a blast! Great Food, Great Energy! From sushi to barbeque ribs, they serve it all and it's delicious! Definitely coming back!Special Features:
- Good food, great serviceAussieDined on 6/28/2014The place was hopping yet our Server Christopher was attentive and prompt. Great setting and lively crowd, we had a ball.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingwacutie234Dined on 6/28/2014I ordered the orange chicken and my husband ordered the ribs. Both dishes were the best we have ever had! Our waitress was very knowledgeable and helped us to decide on our food and we were not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner before the theaterbigeaterDined on 6/25/2014We had 5 in our party, and it was dinner before a show at the nearby theater. I mentioned that and the waiter made sure to have our check ready when he brought out a second round of drinks after the entree. I'd rate the service highly. The food was very good, no complaints from anyone in the party. And the beer was very good. There was a large group (18) near us, but the booth seating we had made it cozy and the noise wasn't an issue. They have a nice patio for outdoor dining, it's in an atrium like space between the buildings, so not right out in the sunshine.
- FrustratedBrittbrittDined on 6/21/2014We just love love Henry's. so we booked it for my best friends bachelorette party. It took so long to get our food. Then on top of it our food was wrong and we didn't bother sending it back and having to wait. Our server awful. We had to go track her down not once but twice. She was slow messed up our tickets. Then was rude to me about it. Didn't know you where allowed to treat a costumer that way. I was so disappointed. Because usually Henry's is absolutly amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestPdxchickDined on 6/21/2014Henry's is a great place to go for drinks and dinner. Perfect location, beautiful building, and excellent service. The Gorgonzola fries are to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Henry'sHawaiigirl7Dined on 6/21/2014Great restaurant and atmosphere. My husband and I were married here a few months back. We love going back. The barbeque chicken pizza needed more chicken on it, other then that it was a great time and experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 770 reviews are from the Henry's 12th Street Tavern reviews archive.
- Great downtown spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014Always have a great time at Henry's. Food is great and they have a large beer selection. This last time we went was a bit disappointing because our waitress was unpleasant. She rarely made eye contact and was clearly annoyed or upset by something. Even rude at times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food!MuppudDined on 6/20/2014The food was very tasty and the service was great. Drinks were strong too. They made my wife's birthday memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menuOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2014My wife and I have been to Henry's many times and we are continually amazed by the quality and consistency of their dishes. We fly from Phoenix to Portland just to have their burger.Special Features:
- Great First ExperienceCraigDined on 6/15/2014My son and daughter took me here for Father's Day dinner. Food was great, service very good, nice view of the activity on the street. Great beer menu, and a lot of variety in the food selections. Had the Gorgonzola fries on a suggestion of a friend and they are filling but fantastic! I will certainly be back.Special Features: