540 North Michigan Ave.
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
Gold Coast / Streeterville
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.harvestchicago.com/
- Phone: 3128366334x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am - 11:30am; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Daily 5:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Myk Banas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Harvest is the perfect place to host company luncheons, cocktail receptions, rehearsal dinners and other social gatherings. Enhanced by warm contemporary surroundings, impeccable service and Chef Banas hand-crafted culinary touch, enjoy an event that will undoubtedly leave both visual and palatable impressions.
- Private Party Contact: Angel Rosales 3128366334x
- Entertainment: Harvest is located inside the Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile. The new and innovative Marriott lobby offers a multidimensional setting including the lobby bar, Rush. Enjoy a lively setting in addition to more private areas to catch up on work or gather for an informal meeting.
- Cross Street: Grand and Rush
- Public Transit: CTA Red Line stop - exit at Grand. Walk two blocks east to the hotel"s Rush Street entrance.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: Valet Parking is available at the Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile, located on Rush Street between Grand Avenue and Ohio Street - $37 for up to 6 hours.
Self Parking is available at Row Self
Park located at 50 E. Ohio Street for $10 - $35 (depends on parking duration)
A word from Harvest
Harvest at the Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile celebrates the integrity and simplicity of classic Midwestern fare, focusing on locally-sourced farm-fresh seasonal ingredients and the practice of time-honored cooking traditions by a kitchen staff that shares a passionate pursuit of excellence. Harvest’s menus draw on a rich culinary heritage that shines through chef-crafted selections prepared with in-season, local ingredients. And by using techniques that have long been discarded in favor of convenience, everything from soups to fresh juice cocktails to hand-rolled croissants is made from scratch, ensuring that Harvest’s commitment to fresh, honest cuisine is absolute. Harvest’s contemporary yet classic approach to Midwestern American food is complemented by surroundings that draw from a modern urban feel with a hint of nature, giving every diner a reason to linger, enjoy the company they’re with, and celebrate nature’s culinary bounty.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Harvest reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
romantic (3)great for brunch (2)good for groups (2)great for lunch (2)special occasion (1)neighborhood gem (1)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Poor ServicehotelfoodieDined on 8/22/2014Wait staff seemed to be only interested in large groups with men in the party. Ladies dining alone are ignored. The Manager did his best to deal with this. Breakfast was the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The View.......LoverDined on 7/3/2014The view set upon downtown on goers was amazing. This made the experience even more worthwhile. The food was delicious, and I love the fact that most of their ingredients are made in house; hence The Harvest. The staff was amazing, he recommending a honey beer that was delicious and different. I feel that they are lacking variety in their menu; with so many fresh ingredients at hand. The menu should be livelier. I notice upscale restaurants do this a lot, but this can be a neighborhood gem because of the all-natural healthy ingredients. I will go back, but I hope to see a new more varietize menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Prime RibseasunnedgirlDined on 6/14/2014I was in town for a conference and decided to try Harvest out even though there are many other restaurants in the area. I ordered the Saturday night special: smoked prime rib. It was excellent with not too much smoke flavoring. The baked potato was perfect and also the extra side salad of lettuce, peas, and mint with special dressing that I had ordered. The waiter was excellent also always attentive, but not too much so. I would highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 59 reviews are from the Harvest reviews archive.
- Good findChicagoanDined on 4/26/2014My husband and I needed a quiet spot for a visit with in-laws. This fit the bill and the location is excellent, in the Marriott on the Magnificent Mile. The upsides were a fantastic and accommodating host, who ensured we had a window table. The waiter was friendly but not well-versed on the food or wine, and the menu was missing a couple of items -- like duck confit. It was listed on the menu, and the server said the salad could still be ordered; made no sense. Water was tough to get refilled. The caesar salad was sub-par. My prime rib, ordered medium well, was overdone, but my husband's was medium and to his liking. Risotto was gummy and heavy, but the pork chop was wonderful.
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2014Our Circuses and Circus Culture group from PCA had a wonderful visit, fantastic food, and a great service experience. THANKS! Stacey Mascia-SusiceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just so-soSidVVIPDined on 3/22/2014Went on a Saturday night and the restaurant was clearly understaffed. Service was polite but slow and the staff was clearly just overmatched and MIA at times. The soup was good but the prime rib, while tasty, was not tender nor of particularly good quality and since it was only served with a butter knife it was not easy to eat, nor was the waitress around to request a more suitable knife. The low ceilings made for an overly loud experience. There just wasn't anything about this place that stood out as even being average whatsoever.
- Girlfriend get togetherOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/16/2014Harvest has an amazing local fresh menu and nice wine list. The staff were super friendly and we had time to chat without feeling like we were rushed.Special Features:
- Loved ItCyndeemeDined on 2/14/2014This place was amazing. We had the 4 course Valentine's day dinner and every course tasted delicious! We were very impressed and loved the fact that they sourced from local farmers! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last minute Valentines reservationsBoboDined on 2/14/2014Last minute Valentines reservations with some friends....did not even knew the place existed as its in the Marriott on Michigan Ave. -- very healthy, farm to table type menu. Meal was fantastic. We had the flatbread #1 for an appetizer (yummy)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad for conveniencePAYEDined on 2/7/2014If I had realized it was a hotel (Marriott) restaurant AND there was some sort of child convention, I would never had chosen this restaurant. Having said that it was convenient and the food was good. The ambiance was not much and considering it was not even close to being crowded, it was annoying to have a group with three young children next us as we were just adults trying to have a nice quiet dinner.
- Poor ServicechitowncoupleVIPDined on 12/31/2013We made reservations for New Year's Eve as we were staying at the Marriott in which Harvest is located. After being seated, we waited 25 minutes for a server to come to our table. That only happened after I got up and went to the hostess station to ask if they knew who our server was. They were apologetic and so was the server. Unfortunately, delivery of our food was slow and two items we ordered did not arrive. The waiter had trouble understanding what I was ordering. The food was good for the most part but seemed to have sat for awhile before it was brought to our table.
- Simple Midwest DiningiEatDined on 11/24/2013The moment I sat down, I felt a Midwest vibe with the dining room layout. I was surprised to see two TVs mounted. I notice the restaurant wasn't busy, though. Harvest doesn't possess a robust menu, but it isn't trying to be more than it is... strictly Midwest-fair. I prefer places like this that offer quality food over quantity offered. I started with their Rooftop Honey Wheat beer; which I strongly recommend! I had the cheese curds for an appetizer. ThanI went with the vegetable soup. This was excellent! Very fresh and good balance of vegetables. For my entree, I went with the Filet of Beef medium well because I love the crispiness. It came out as ordered. Overall, I enjoyed my dining experience. I would come again next time I'm in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best HarvestMariaDined on 10/16/2013The restaurant is conveniently located, the food is acceptable, service adequate, prices reasonable, noise level too high. Will not visit restaurant again.
- Expected moreShelleyBelleVIPDined on 10/8/2013Disappointed that it was a hotel lobby restaurant. The food was good, but not special.
- Loved itAllenVIPDined on 10/2/2013On vacation, stayed at the Marriott, so it was convenient. However would go there again even if we were not staying at the Marriott. Went for dinner on our first night in Chicago and returned for Brunch on Sunday too. Food was excellent, staff was great had a window seat which made it perfect. We loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not What We ExpectedmominiDined on 8/10/2013If you are staying at the Marriott you might try Harvest. Otherwise, I would recommend you venture off sight. The menu was vary limited. My party was there for dinner and the menu clearly offered lunch/dinner fare with limited selections. We ended up ordering an appetizer and salad each since none of the entrees seemed adventurous. The portion sizes were good. Our waiter seemed quite frazzled and out of breath tho the restaurant was not busy. They seemed understaffed. The desserts looked intriguing, but after watching the table next to ours wait and wait for theirs we opted to go elsewhere. There are too many other options out there to settle for so so food in this hotel restaurant. I wish that I had done more research...
- Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/29/2013The menu sounds far better than the food actually is. It's not horrible, it's just OK. Our service was a bit touch and go. The waiter was a little too overly friendly and then he disappeared for about 30 minutes.
- Too expensivewaldmkaVIPDined on 7/29/2013$25 for chicken and mashed potatoes? $18 for meatloaf and grits. The good service doesn't make it worth the crazy inflated price. Go somewhere else
- Hostess went out of her waybigbadwolfDined on 6/11/2013Hostess went out of her way to accomodate our party of 10. Service was great and lunch menu was varied. Good salads and french fries :)Special Features:
- really tasty food. definitelymmmgoodVIPDined on 3/16/2013really tasty food. definitely order the mini cupcake flight for dessert.
- I was really looking forwardOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/9/2013I was really looking forward to a great dinner and was very disappointed. I have never had a bad meal at a Marriott location, but this one really shocked me being in Chicago you would think it would have been nicer or at least decent. The prime rib wasn't even edible , and the service was so slow it would have taken an hour to have them take it back and reslice it from the roast. I have had better meals at taco bell. Customer service is important and the waiter was slow and lacked personality. I was so looking forward to the prime rib and hope that this was a rare occasion that it was so horrible as I have another Marriott reservation in fall and would hate to cancel based on an unsatisfactory past stay.
- Standard hotel fair...I hadOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/7/2013Standard hotel fair...I had a salad which was not overly thrilling...the lettuce was not really that crisp also ordered the homemade tator tots which were listed as an appetizer but never received for about 10 minutes after my salad which was dissappointing
- Our dining experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/25/2013Our dining experience was a HUGE disappointment. The bread basket was dry/stale. We didn’t even finish a single roll. The only well-made and appetizing items were our salads (beet salad & caesar). In addition to an appetizer of scallops, we ordered the strip steak and he ordered the salmon. The food was cooked perfectly, except everything was so unbelievably salty we couldn’t swallow it. My order also was incorrect when I received; it had fries when I asked to be substituted for mashed potatoes. The potatoes came out but were flavorless and also salty! (I noticed the man in the table nearby had part of his order given to him incorrectly too). When I said something to the wait staff, Brenton, he just shrugged, said, “oh, sorry about that."
- A little pricey... definitelyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/25/2013A little pricey... definitely a hotel restaurant. Very dead during the week day lunch hour. High quality.
- Interesting menu featuringOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/10/2013Interesting menu featuring seasonal and locally sourced dishes. I ordered the salmon; it was prepared well with baby shrimp and miniture yukon gold potatoes. Would definately order again.
- We had a special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/9/2013We had a special occasion dinner for 7 of us on Saturday night, and we enjoyed both the food and the ambiance. The service was a little slow, possibly because there were a few large parties, but it wasn't bad and our server was very pleasant and attentive.
- The staff at Harvest was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/17/2013The staff at Harvest was excellent. I notified them of my dietary concerns in advance. They were ready for me upon arrival, and sensitive to my needs. The food was delicious - I ate every last bite!Special Features:
- Our experience was wonderful.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/8/2013Our experience was wonderful. The food was excellent. We ordered the scallops appetizer and it was delicious. Filet was perfect. Pasta with brussel sprout and squash was perfect. Harvest is a hidden gem because it is at the Marriot. We are making it one of our favorites spot to dine when visiting Chicago.Special Features:
- Great Place to Dine!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/8/2012Fantastic food and great service. I requested a table with a view of Grand Avenue to people watch through my OpenTable reservation and got it even though I was late for my reservation!!Special Features:
- My lunch was simple and tasty,eata7otVIPDined on 11/30/2012My lunch was simple and tasty, from the Manhattan clam chowder to a tuna sandwich with homemade chips. Dessert, a souped up version of pecan pie, was really, really good. The absolute best part of the experience was the outstanding service. My server was informative, friendly, attentive, and calm.Special Features:
- delicious!Samantha3Dined on 11/14/2012The Salmon was great and the desserts were fun and tasty!Special Features:
- I had chicken and broccoliOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/2/2012I had chicken and broccoli and while the chicken was quality and very good, the broccoli was very small. I thought it was way too expensive for what I got.Special Features:
- DisappointingLuv2dineoutVIPDined on 10/20/2012My husband and I were looking for a casual restaurant that we hadn't tried and saw this one on Open Table. The menu looked good so we made a reservation. We arrived a few minutes late - we didn't realize the restaurant was inside the Mariott and wandered a bit inside the crowded lobby area. When we arrived, our table wasn't ready (the restaurant wasn't full). The wait staff was pleasant. The food was OK - not great. The chicken was very good; the burger wasn't good and the rolls were stale. Don't order the wedge salad - it was the smallest wedge we have ever had...about 5 bites. My husband held the blue cheese and bacon so$9 for a tiny bit of iceberg lettuce with a sprinkle of tomatoes was a lot. We probably won't go back.Special Features:
- Fantastic food, wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/20/2012Fantastic food, wonderful service, nice ambiance, and good prices. A great find on the Magnificent Mile!Special Features:
- Pork chop was a little dryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/2/2012Pork chop was a little dry but tasty. Great fries. Service was competent but a little slow considering there were only 2-3 tables occupied at the time.Special Features:
- My guest and I enjoyed theBdubsDined on 9/11/2012My guest and I enjoyed the deviled eggs, flatbread #1, house-made pappardelle, pike with sweet corn-bean succotash, forest mushrooms, peaches and cream, and blackberry parfait. Everything was delicious and well-prepared. Server was very personable, although there were a couple of minor hiccups through dinner, i.e. timing of courses and table wasn't mised for dessert. Overall an enjoyable meal.
- I felt that the food hereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2012I felt that the food here was not worth the price paid. I ordered a caesar salad that cost $8. It was little more than some chopped up romaine that looked like shredded iceberg, to be honest, some of the lettuce being brown. My boyfriend ordered a flatbread which never got put in to the computer. I understand that things happen and do not get put in, but they weren't extremely busy when we we were there. When I mentioned it to the server (as our main meals were coming up) she offered to put it in then, but offered us no apology for forgetting to begin with. I ordered the salmon with rock shrimp potato salad. My salmon was bland and tasted extremely fishy. The potato salad was salty, gelatinous, and the shrimp also tasted way too fishy.
- Poorly executed, mediocre food.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/26/2012Upon reflection, it is clear that the management of this restaurant has observed the trend of farm-to-table cuisine and decided to adopt that genre. They have done a very poor job of it. Harvest bills itself as a local-foods, sustainable-type restaurant. We were taken in, and we failed to read reviews online before going. Unfortunately, we found a standard low-end hotel restaurant upon arrival. Still, we thought that maybe they just failed to re-design the space when they adopted this new cuisine. We thought wrong. The menu reads like a carefully-crafted, farm-to-table style. In truth, the food was mediocre. We were sorely disappointed.
- It is a nice hotel restaurant--RosiewhoDined on 8/18/2012It is a nice hotel restaurant-- that's about it-- I thought it was a different restaurant-- not part of the lobby like it is
- The salmon was perfectly cooked,greasyVIPDined on 8/8/2012The salmon was perfectly cooked, I did not like the sauce and the added shrimps The service was outstanding The noise coming up from the downstair s bar was loudSpecial Features: