Harry & Izzy's - Northside
4050 East 82nd Street
Indianapolis, IN 46250Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Harry & Izzy's - Northside
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.harryandizzys.com/
- Phone: 3179158045
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday 11:00am - 4:00pm Open for Brunch Sunday: 10:30am - 2:00pm, Lunch until 4:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00pm Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Dave Foegley
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer Becknell 3179158045
A word from Harry & Izzy's - Northside
Harry & Izzy's is an independent, upscale American Grill located on Indy's Northside. Its ambiance exudes class and sophistication in a comfortable setting. While the lively bar is Harry & Izzy's focal point, we offer unique dining rooms and a beautiful second floor mezzanine overlooking the restaurant. This sister restaurant to the famous St. Elmo Steak House, shares a few classic dishes, while offering more menu variety. Open for lunch and dinner daily.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Harry & Izzy's - Northside - Best Restaurants in Downtown Indy ›
Harry & Izzy's - Northside reviews from OpenTable diners
303 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (202)romantic (92)notable wine list (90)fit for foodies (88)good for groups (83)neighborhood gem (74)great for outdoor dining (68)great for lunch (61)hot spot (50)vibrant bar scene (45)late-night find (25)great for brunch (23)kid-friendly (19)scenic view (10)Show More
- Gluten Free FriendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014Harry and Izzy's has one of the most expansive Gluten Free menus in the Indy area. The food, service and overall dining experience was outstanding. We will definitely return and recommend to others as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Complaints!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2014Enjoyed the talbe decorations for the Birthday Celebration. All parties enjoyed the experience.Special Features:
- Good experiencejackieDined on 9/16/2014good food good wine good atmosphere server o.k. not great
- A wonderful lunchdonworVIPDined on 9/16/2014Two friends and I enjoyed another wonderful lunch. The filet sliders and shrimp po-boy sliders were terrific, as always, and our friend enjoyed the very tasty hearts of romaine salad, which is surprisingly hearty. We shared the wonderfully light and crispy onion rings. We all indulged in H & I's best desserts - creme brulee and whisky bread pudding, both of which are fabulous. Our server has helped me several times in the past and was friendly, helpful and paced the meal perfectly. It was a lovely afternoon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yet another great experiencelaves0826Dined on 9/15/2014We ate here before the Monday Night Colts game and brought two other couples! It was awesome and our service was once again top notch! We'll keep coming back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter rocked!Peace4youDined on 9/14/2014Our waiter totally rocked! He was fun and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014I noted on the reservation that we were celebrating a birthday, and the table was decorated with a card and streamer confetti when we arrived. The birthday guest was also treated to a dessert. It was unexpected, a classy was to celebrate, and very much appreciated by all of us.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceEmDeeSteeleDined on 9/14/2014I was there on Sunday, September 14th for brunch and sat in bar area. I can not remember the name of my waiter, but he was FANTASTIC! He have excellent service and the food was wonderful! One of my favorite places to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DjmartinDined on 9/14/2014Food and atmosphere was enjoyable for a Sunday lunch. The Sunday special menu was a plus as well.Special Features:
- Dissapointed with my steakRickDined on 9/13/2014Everything was great except my steak. I ordered an off the menu special NY strip. It looked dry, tasted dry and was very disappointing. I didn't send it back because I didn't want to be the only one there without my dinner then I'd be eating alone when it did come. Normally the food is great but this time for the money, I don't know if I will be back, if I do go back it sadly won't be for the steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harry & Izzy's northsiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014Experience was great until we got the bill. The waitress did not inform my husband that the "special" steak of the night was SIGNIFICANTLY more than anything on the menu. That steak alone was $70....and was not worth the taste. Very disappointing that the waitress did not politely inform him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014My wife and I were in Indianapolis for a big convention. We had heard that St. Elmo's was wonderful. We tried it, and it was, of course. We wanted to take some friends out dining, but we couldn't get reservations at St. Elmo's, so we opted for Harry and Izzy's, instead. The food was great, we had a wonderful time, and the staff was very accommodating.Special Features:
- Excellent dinnerOakTree93Dined on 9/12/2014Chose Harry & Izzy's on the Northisde for our anniversary dinner. Everything was outstanding - food, service, atmosphere. I certainly expected this restaurant to be good, and it did not disappoint in any aspect. Our waiter was especially accommodating, explaining the specials, answering questions about menu items and taking care of the little things that make a difference (clearing the table, keeping drinks refilled, checking back at the right times.) Overall, an excellent dinner and experience.Special Features:
- Girlfriend dinnerholidayDined on 9/12/2014The service was excellent. We sent back the asian slaw side dish. It was way too spicy. The cod and appetizer fillets were excellent. Also the cauliflower was very rich and tasty. Would have liked some creative whipped butter with the rolls. None was serviced. We also split the salad with goat cheese and candied nuts. It was yummy. I guess you pay for great service here, which it was, but prices a a bit salty for what you get.Special Features:
- GreatJaniceVIPDined on 9/11/2014We had a lovely time. Celebrated a 90th birthday. Staff was very sweet to her. Thank you for everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great overall experience...PhilipDined on 9/7/2014Everyone at Harry & Izzy's paid attention to detail and made our dining experience wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014Kyle was our server and he was fantastic he was fun, talkative,on top of anything that we needed and entertaining. We don't go to fancy restaurants but once a year for birthdays but when we go back we will be asking for KyleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!partygirlDined on 9/6/2014We had dinner there for a bachelorette party. It was a great spot with great food and impeccable service! I will definitely go back whenever I am in Indianapolis!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dad's BirthdayMattDined on 9/4/2014We went here for my dad's birthday last Thursday and it was amazing! We have never had bad service or food here. This is definitely a place you can go to and be guaranteed a quality time.Special Features:
- great lunchBigdaddyDined on 9/4/2014food was great as always service is outstanding will be going back very soonSpecial Features:
- Well Tended-toFirstimerDined on 9/3/2014We had a group of 10 and the service was excellent in dealing with such a large party size and overcoming the noise level that built as the restaurant began to fill for the evening. Head server was pleasant and accommodating, and there was plenty of other staff help with service, clearing, etc. Well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top-Notch Service!FineDinerDined on 9/3/2014Two of my dear gal pals and I dined at Harry & Izzy's for lunch recently...and while we were truly impressed by the cuisine, we were absolutely blown away by the service we received from Aimee! I have had the fortune to dine at many amazing establishments and have had both excellent and poor service experiences, which can make or break the whole deal. And because of Aimee's SUPERIOR service I can't wait to visit Harry & Izzy's again!Special Features:
- Last time I'll go thereGr8tExpectationsDined on 9/1/2014Restaurant stank of fish once the table next to ours was served (no idea what they had, but it was dreadful). My "medium" steak was brown in the middle, but the waiter Nick never checked back to see how our food was, even though there were only 5 tables seated.
- We had a great experiencethoward9Dined on 9/1/2014This was a family birthday event that included two grandparents, two parents, and two children (ages 3 and 1). We all had a great time. The steaks were of course excellent, some of the best we have ever had. The side dishes were delicious. The service was more than excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerGMatchDined on 9/1/2014We got the shrimp and cocktail sauce but the cocktail sauce was rather mild compared to previous visits. The service was slow despite it being rather empty in the restaurant. The fish special and steak were good but the blackened cod was beyond blackened. It was burnt. So for the price we paid for dinner, did not feel with this visit, we got what we paid for. A little disappointing from our previous visits.I would recommend this to a friend.
- NEIGHBORHOOD GEMGreat72014Dined on 8/30/2014We are lucky to be able to walk to this restaurant. Always a good meal and lots of fun to sit outside in the summer.Special Features:
- Gluten FreeGlutenfreedivaDined on 8/30/2014I love there GLUTEN FREE MENU! I didn't feel limited and the staff is very well trained on the menu items.Someone even comes out from the kitchen and double checks to make sure what you ordered is prepared properly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good timeJaniceVIPDined on 8/30/2014We love Harry & Izzy's. We always have a good time. And the food is always excellent. We make it a point to go there often.Special Features:
- Compared to DowntownDinerDined on 8/30/2014Much friendly overall than Downtown location from host to server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good serviice finally..NicaVIPDined on 8/29/2014After complaining that we were being ignored (1/2 hr), the wait staff took great care of us, as did the manager, offering to buy our first round and some appetizers! All in All, a lovely evening for 6 at a round table on the patio!Special Features:
- Cinci visits IndyMJRAMJRADined on 8/29/2014In Cinci, we have great steak restaurants. So we thought we'd try H&I while in Indy. The shrimp cocktail was a hit, especially with the in-house prepared cocktail sauce. WOW. The service was a bit rushed. We felt we were being hurried out the door in an effort to turnover the table.Special Features:
- I never get tired of Harry & Izzy'sdonworVIPDined on 8/27/2014I had another wonderful lunch on the pleasant back patio, overlooking the river. The $20 lunch special is the best deal in town - H & I's fabulous shrimp cocktail, a crisp salad, tomato-basil soup and wonderful sliders. They are always happy to substitute the shrimp sliders for the filet that most people have. Today I opted for the salad instead of creme brulee, a great sacrifice since theirs is to die for. Next time! This was my friend's first visit to H & I, and she was impressed with her meal as well. Our server was very pleasant, friendly and attentive even though we were the only ones dining outside. She even remembered serving us at my son's birthday dinner a few weeks ago! A great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harry'sspecialeveningDined on 8/26/2014It was a memorable evening with very good food and excellent service. this was a first time visit, and we will visit in the future especially for special occasions. This was our anniversary and a very memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a lovely timeHarryandIzzysis1Dined on 8/25/2014Our small birthday dinner was a great success...the only thing a bit less than perfect was that the rolls didn't come out with the salad. However, the food was very good and beautifully presented and served. We appreciated the free desert for the birthday person.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014it was a special occasion for me and my boyfriend. i was very disappointed to find out that all of the toppings for my salmon and filet mignon was extra so our main course wasn't good, very bland. even O'Charleys put spices on their meats. i didn't enjoy the meat at all. and it was VERY expensive. maybe won't come back. very disappointed. we could have gone anywhere but chose to try Harry's for the first time.Special Features:
- Great food, easy accessVeritasDined on 8/23/2014Originally planned to go downtown, but a Colts game scuttled those ideas. Fortunately was staying on the north side of the city and was able to make a reservation for 2 hours later. Loved being able to drive right up and park for free, without the traffic hassles. Greeters were warm and friendly. Wait staff were prompt, friendly, and warm. The shrimp cocktail was the best I've had - yes, better even than the sister restaurant. The steak was cooked perfectly and the creamed spinach was incredible. All around great job by everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!MWess1113Dined on 8/23/2014Outstanding service and the filet mignon was prepared exactly as ordered, with no extra seasoning taking away the flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience.BigdaddyDined on 8/22/2014Our server was great. The food we excellent. Will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What can I say I com for the ShrimpHashHungryVIPDined on 8/22/2014Its a long drive from Carmel to Downtown Indy. So if I need a St Elmo's Shrimp Cocktail fix; I go to Harry and Izzy's. Dont get me wrong. Steaks are very good. Pretty good wine list. (albeit over priced as many wine lists are) But the food is always dependable, and my server was very pleasant in every way. Not a place I venture to very often because its pricey, but when the occaision calls for it, they make a solid impression. As far as business lunches or dinners go, this is a sure fire winner every time. Just take the Corporate American Express.Special Features:
- Nice dinner, but probably no repeatAnniversaryCouple37Dined on 8/20/2014The shrimp cocktail was wonderful as expected, and the steak superb. Scallops with pasta was a nice serving, but the pasta had a thick-ish sauce on it that I didn't care for. Service was great, except for the waiter 2 tables over who dropped an entire tray of glassware while cleaning - a distraction that lasted for quite a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.