Harry & Izzy's - Northside
4050 East 82nd Street
Indianapolis, IN 46250Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Harry & Izzy's - Northside
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.harryandizzys.com/
- Phone: 3179158045
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday 11:00am - 4:00pm Open for Brunch Sunday: 10:30am - 2:00pm, Lunch until 4:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00pm Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Dave Foegley
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer Becknell 3179158045
A word from Harry & Izzy's - Northside
Harry & Izzy's is an independent, upscale American Grill located on Indy's Northside. Its ambiance exudes class and sophistication in a comfortable setting. While the lively bar is Harry & Izzy's focal point, we offer unique dining rooms and a beautiful second floor mezzanine overlooking the restaurant. This sister restaurant to the famous St. Elmo Steak House, shares a few classic dishes, while offering more menu variety. Open for lunch and dinner daily.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Harry & Izzy's - Northside - Best Restaurants in Downtown Indy ›
Harry & Izzy's - Northside reviews from OpenTable diners
329 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (219)romantic (107)fit for foodies (103)notable wine list (101)good for groups (92)neighborhood gem (91)great for outdoor dining (72)great for lunch (60)hot spot (54)vibrant bar scene (44)late-night find (26)great for brunch (21)kid-friendly (17)scenic view (10)Show More
- Love LoveRebCDined on 9/27/2014I love this restaurant! Never disappointed with the food, and the wine list is fab!Special Features:
- H & I - Overpriced, underwhelmedWildOliveFanDined on 9/27/2014My wife and I had dinner at Harry and Izzy's Saturday night, and although the steaks were good, neither of us felt that they were worth the high prices that the restaurant charges. The house specialty shrimp cocktail ($16.00 for 5 shrimp) was mediocre at best, the shrimp tasted like they had been dipped in bleach, and the hot cocktail sauce was there to disguise that flavor. $57.00 for a dry aged KC strip (Price was never mentioned upon ordering) is way out of line, especially in Indianapolis! Service was just OK, we waited a long time for drinks and food, and overall service was spotty. I doubt we will return there. $200.00 for dinner with 2 drinks each, good but not great food, (and no dessert) is not my idea of a good time.Special Features:
- Had a great timeSteveyPDined on 9/27/2014If you are looking for a steak dinner then you don't need to look much further. T bone was great and we sat outside enjoying the fall heat. Very nice evening and would come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exactly what I was expecting.u2toublablaDined on 9/27/2014We went to Harry and Izzy's to celebrate my girlfriends birthday and the service was stellar! The water glass was never even close to being emptied! The wine was excellent and the food could not have been better. If you let them know in advance that you're celebrating a birthday,the staff signs a card that's at your table when you arrive and the dessert has a festive addition to it in honor of the occasion. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always FantasticRonWVIPDined on 9/27/2014We spend just about every special occasion at Harry & Izzy's. As always, it was fantastic. We can't get enough Izzy's style steak, and my new favorite drink is the Elmo Cola.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice FindOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014I met my sisters in the Indy area for a long weekend getaway. While out shopping we asked a sales associate for a recommendation and this was his first choice. We made reservations right away. We chose to sit outside on a beautiful evening. Our waitress, Lacy, was fabulous. Giving us just the right amount of attention. They offered great specials for $30-$40 that included shrimp cocktail, a filet, salmon or chicken and your choice of dessert. Only one 'negative' - the sauce for the shrimp cocktail is VERY spicy/hot even thought they offer a mild sauce. Lacy brought us a new cocktail with the sauce on the side. They shrimp was very good as were the filets. Perfectly done. Dessert delicious.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceTheFoodGuyDined on 9/26/2014I went here with two friends visiting from out of town, and they absolutely loved it. The atmosphere was very professional, food was amazing, and made you feel like you were getting the best quality service in town.Special Features:
- Luv2dineDined on 9/26/2014Our table was ready when we arrived and was exactly what we requested . . . A round table with enough light to see and quiet enough that we could hear each other. Our waiter was fun and accommodating. A great dining experienceSpecial Features:
- JamesDined on 9/25/2014Always very consistent, whether I'm at the downtown location, the airport or on the North side my experience is always FANTASTIC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice surpriseChristieDined on 9/25/2014We had never dined here and went with a party of 8. We were inspired to try it because we had been to their parent restaurant, St Elmo's, the week before. We participated in Northside Nights special dinners and everything was wonderful. I had salmon which was served with their special mashed potatoes and fresh green beans. Portions were so large had a second meal to take home. All three courses were terrific. We will go again. Service was not excellent, but very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!JulesDined on 9/23/2014We sat outside on the patio. live music, great food and service. We will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My New Indy FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/22/2014The wine list was great. The wasabi shrimp were the best, and Becca as an outstanding server. Attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- Always consistentMicheleDined on 9/21/2014Enjoy taking newbies as we did this time to H&I's because you can build their anticipation about the great food and service and not be made a fool of. Nick our server was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service/Ok FoodfoodlovveDined on 9/20/2014My first experience at Harry & Izzy's was ok. The 6oz filet was a bit dry and lacked flavor. The shrimp cocktail was tasty, but the presentation was sloppy. The Moscato was very tasty and the service we received from our waitress was great. I would not go back unless someone else was paying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Hanging with FriendsCWoodDined on 9/20/2014I had a fabulous time celebrating my birthday with friends! The food, service, drinks and atmosphere were awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Another great dining experience at Harry & Izzy's. Great food + Great Service = Great Dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Not GoodServiceDined on 9/20/2014Dined at Harry and Izzy's Saturday evening with husband, 2 daughters and 2 grandchildren. Reservations at 5:30, got seated right away by hostess. Was 10 minutes later before waitress came to table to take drink orders. And as the evening went on times in between being waited on got further apart. Told waitress that we were there to celebrate my 6 year old grandson birthday day. Said she would bring special dessert out for him, that never happened. Two tables that were seated half hour after us finished their dinner and left before we finished our meal. Have always enjoyed dining here, but with service this slow not sure if I would go back.Special Features:
- Mother/Daughter Early DinnerholidayDined on 9/20/2014Our experience for an after shipping Mother/Daughter dinner was lovely. The biggest plus for this restaurant is the excellent service. The atmosphere is classy and refined. The food is very tasty. You get what you pay for, so the price tag is a bit more then some other places. But all in all, for a few hours of being treated like a queen, it it worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, disappointing serviceEdudocDined on 9/19/2014We are regulars at Harry and Izzys..Took 9 people for dinner to celebrate a 50th anniversary. Food outstanding as usual. Bottle of The Prisoner was delish. Service was disappointing. Repeatedly asked for water refills. Dinner entrees came out 3 different times rather than all at once. 10min. Lapse between first 2 entrees served and the 2nd round of entrees. Forgot an order of mushrooms. Brought potatoes instead of green beans. Dinner plates VERY slow to be cleared. $585 bill...definitely expect much better service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten Free FriendlyLovetoEatDined on 9/19/2014Harry and Izzy's has one of the most expansive Gluten Free menus in the Indy area. The food, service and overall dining experience was outstanding. We will definitely return and recommend to others as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- donworVIPDined on 9/17/2014I always appreciate having my seating requests honored here, and a friend and I received my requested quiet booth. We had another excellent meal. After sharing the signature shrimp cocktail, we each had more yummy seafood. My friend enjoyed the fresh seared scallops, with an Asian flavor, and the Asian quinoa salad. complemented this very well. My blackened cod was perfectly cooked, with just a touch of blackening spice. I should have ordered a veggie, but succumbed to mashed potatoes - comfort food. Good coffee, with lots of time for conversation, finished off a lovely dinner. Our server was cheerful, friendly and attentive. I am never disappointed at Harry and Izzy's!Special Features:
- No Complaints!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2014Enjoyed the talbe decorations for the Birthday Celebration. All parties enjoyed the experience.Special Features:
- Good experiencejackieDined on 9/16/2014good food good wine good atmosphere server o.k. not great
- A wonderful lunchdonworVIPDined on 9/16/2014Two friends and I enjoyed another wonderful lunch. The filet sliders and shrimp po-boy sliders were terrific, as always, and our friend enjoyed the very tasty hearts of romaine salad, which is surprisingly hearty. We shared the wonderfully light and crispy onion rings. We all indulged in H & I's best desserts - creme brulee and whisky bread pudding, both of which are fabulous. Our server has helped me several times in the past and was friendly, helpful and paced the meal perfectly. It was a lovely afternoon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yet another great experiencelaves0826Dined on 9/15/2014We ate here before the Monday Night Colts game and brought two other couples! It was awesome and our service was once again top notch! We'll keep coming back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter rocked!Peace4youDined on 9/14/2014Our waiter totally rocked! He was fun and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014I noted on the reservation that we were celebrating a birthday, and the table was decorated with a card and streamer confetti when we arrived. The birthday guest was also treated to a dessert. It was unexpected, a classy was to celebrate, and very much appreciated by all of us.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceEmDeeSteeleDined on 9/14/2014I was there on Sunday, September 14th for brunch and sat in bar area. I can not remember the name of my waiter, but he was FANTASTIC! He have excellent service and the food was wonderful! One of my favorite places to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DjmartinDined on 9/14/2014Food and atmosphere was enjoyable for a Sunday lunch. The Sunday special menu was a plus as well.Special Features:
- Dissapointed with my steakRickDined on 9/13/2014Everything was great except my steak. I ordered an off the menu special NY strip. It looked dry, tasted dry and was very disappointing. I didn't send it back because I didn't want to be the only one there without my dinner then I'd be eating alone when it did come. Normally the food is great but this time for the money, I don't know if I will be back, if I do go back it sadly won't be for the steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harry & Izzy's northsiceKathyDined on 9/13/2014Experience was great until we got the bill. The waitress did not inform my husband that the "special" steak of the night was SIGNIFICANTLY more than anything on the menu. That steak alone was $70....and was not worth the taste. Very disappointing that the waitress did not politely inform him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant experienceThreeEyedWillyDined on 9/12/2014My wife and I were in Indianapolis for a big convention. We had heard that St. Elmo's was wonderful. We tried it, and it was, of course. We wanted to take some friends out dining, but we couldn't get reservations at St. Elmo's, so we opted for Harry and Izzy's, instead. The food was great, we had a wonderful time, and the staff was very accommodating.Special Features:
- Excellent dinnerOakTree93Dined on 9/12/2014Chose Harry & Izzy's on the Northisde for our anniversary dinner. Everything was outstanding - food, service, atmosphere. I certainly expected this restaurant to be good, and it did not disappoint in any aspect. Our waiter was especially accommodating, explaining the specials, answering questions about menu items and taking care of the little things that make a difference (clearing the table, keeping drinks refilled, checking back at the right times.) Overall, an excellent dinner and experience.Special Features:
- Girlfriend dinnerholidayDined on 9/12/2014The service was excellent. We sent back the asian slaw side dish. It was way too spicy. The cod and appetizer fillets were excellent. Also the cauliflower was very rich and tasty. Would have liked some creative whipped butter with the rolls. None was serviced. We also split the salad with goat cheese and candied nuts. It was yummy. I guess you pay for great service here, which it was, but prices a a bit salty for what you get.Special Features:
- GreatJaniceVIPDined on 9/11/2014We had a lovely time. Celebrated a 90th birthday. Staff was very sweet to her. Thank you for everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Indiana's GreatsCalGDined on 9/9/2014I am a huge fan of Harry & Izzy's, and recently took my fiance there for her 26th birthday. We were surprised to find how busy the restaurant was for a Tuesday evening, but enjoyed our time, the drinks, and food while there. While scattered, the wait staff (which included 6 different waiters/waitresses in total) all treated us with their attention and respect. A must visit for any Northside regular or visitor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great overall experience...PhilipDined on 9/7/2014Everyone at Harry & Izzy's paid attention to detail and made our dining experience wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014Kyle was our server and he was fantastic he was fun, talkative,on top of anything that we needed and entertaining. We don't go to fancy restaurants but once a year for birthdays but when we go back we will be asking for KyleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!partygirlDined on 9/6/2014We had dinner there for a bachelorette party. It was a great spot with great food and impeccable service! I will definitely go back whenever I am in Indianapolis!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dad's BirthdayMattDined on 9/4/2014We went here for my dad's birthday last Thursday and it was amazing! We have never had bad service or food here. This is definitely a place you can go to and be guaranteed a quality time.Special Features: