Harpoon Henry's Seafood Restaurant
34555 Golden Lantern
Dana Point, CA 92629Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Harpoon Henry's Seafood Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.windandsearestaurants.com/harpoonhenrys/home.htm
- Phone: (949) 493-2933
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Guadalupe Silva
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Full private party and banquet facilities which accommodates up to 100 with a sweeping view of the harbor.
- Private Party Contact: Bob Conrad 9494932933
- Entertainment: Weekend Entertainment
A word from Harpoon Henry's Seafood Restaurant
Harpoon Henry's Seafood Restaurant is located on the water in the Dana Point Harbor. Our magnificent view and delicious cuisine has delighted our guests for over 30 years. We offer a wide variety of fresh seafood as well as Prime Steaks, with a large selection of appetizers. We have an extensive wine list featuring over 100 selections, with most being highly rated by the Wine Spectator. We are open for lunch and dinner 7 days a week and offer a popular Happy Hour Monday thru Friday from 4-7 in our lounge. Our waterfront patio offers our full menu for both lunch and dinner. The full menu is also available in our comfortable fireplace lounge, with entertainment provided Friday and Saturday evenings. Our friendly staff, excellent food, and Harbor setting will make your visit a memorable one.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Harpoon Henry's Seafood Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Dana Point ›
Harpoon Henry's Seafood Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (29)special occasion (16)great for lunch (14)romantic (12)great for brunch (11)good for groups (9)fit for foodies (8)neighborhood gem (7)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (3)notable wine list (2)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Harbor DiningGFamilyVIPDined on 11/16/2014Harpoon Henry's was a great way to end a Sunday evening. The view of the harbor was very nice, and there is something about this restaurant that makes me think about being in Hawai'i near the Hilton Hawaiian Village. The food was nice and the service was unobtrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great ReunionAnindiantasterDined on 11/11/2014We met a friend we hadn't seen in 15 years and her husband here for dinner! We had a great visit, made better by the food, service and scenery! We have been there many times over the past 30 years but it was a first for our guest! They were very happy with the whole experience.Special Features:
- Great restaurantSanClementeLocalDined on 11/9/2014Harpoon Henry's has a beautiful view, great service and fantastic food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014Folks always friendly; that is high on our list. A little slow coming for that first drink. Good fun in any case.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Remarkable viewOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/25/2014Started with calamari strips. Not good. Not sure it was calamari. Had coconut shrimp and swordfish. Average. Prices are reflective of the view, not the food. Or the service for that matter. Not just inattentive, mistakes. Overall pretty disappointing.Special Features:
- So-So Restaurant in nice settingbeachlady2Dined on 10/25/2014This restaurant has a nice view of the boats in Dana Point Harbor, but otherwise it was nothing special. The food was average, but pricey for what you got. (I guess you are paying for the view) My chicken and my husband's steak both had black charred lines from the grill that we had to cut off. In other words, they seemed burned on the outside.Special Features:
- Harpooned and GladbonnieblueDined on 10/22/2014I looked up on Tripadvisor -knew it was at the Harbor- view of the boats/docks - food review was good enough to solicit my interest and made a reservation. I was very pleased with the experience. Time of day/day of week - Wednesday - may have helped - not noisy - great view - service was good. Ordered the shrimp tacos - asked for cole slaw instead of fries and was accommodated - it was excellent. My guests had clam chowder - a bowl - big and very thick - they seemed to enjoy. The bread did not work - it is great bread but was so hard could not really eat it - thought it had been microwaved but it had not - management is going to look into it. Management very responsive - impressed. Will go back again if in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harpoon a deal!BigRedsReviewsDined on 10/17/2014Harpoon Henry's is our go to for fish! The restaurant is well situated very near the water and is a great place to watch a sunset. Their attention to detail makes this a "No Brainer".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinner!fewandfarbetweenDined on 10/10/2014fun location in Dana Point Harbor, CA. good food. nice table next to window looking out over boat harbor and sunset to the west. nice, attentive waiter. noise level very acceptable. not inexpensive but not overly expensive for the area. very nice presentation. salmon was very delicious as were the garlic mashed potatoes. We enjoyed ourselves immensely and will return again.Special Features:
- GardogVIPDined on 9/20/2014Although the setting was very nice, the food was terrible! One of the worst meals I have had in some time.
- TheresaTJ63Dined on 9/19/2014The food and service was Fantastic!!!! Next time I'm in California I will be back! Ask for Jason to be your server!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LUNCH TIMEFLORAFUNADined on 9/15/2014FOOD WAS OVER THE TOOP, GREAT TASTE, & PROPERLY PREPARED. LOVED OUR WAITER, EXCELLENT SERVICE. LOVED THE DECOR.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oooohhhhh and Aaaaaaah!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/11/2014Absolutely beautiful view, great service and the food - YUMMMM! I wish I could upload pictures, my plate was gorgeous!Special Features:
- Scenic Harbor ViewSuzanneVIPDined on 8/18/2014It appeared to be a bus stop for groups of seniors. Food is outdated with most items breaded, with a lack of healthy items. Our server said if we ordered without the breading, the fish piece would be too small. The happy hour bar area was full...all seniors...perhaps locals. We sat by the window overlooking the boats, so the view was lovely. We were able to get the swordfish blackened and not breaded and it was good. They offered potatoes only one way and only one vegetable. Definitely would not go back.Special Features:
- daricDined on 8/11/2014Great venue overlooking the harbor. Good service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harpoon Henry'sGrouchoBDined on 8/5/2014I hadn't been to the restaurant for about a year, and generally find my way there one or two times each year. Everything was up to my expectations, both food and service were excellent (the lady I was with and I both had the Atlantic salmon and it was well worth the trip). Very nice place for a terrific meal and a nice walk by the boats afterward.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Harbor ViewSometimedinerDined on 8/5/2014We had an early-ish dinner. The view and ambiance we outstanding. We loved our meals. That said, the service both bar and food, left a bit to be desired. Still lived our meal and would recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View of HarborTracyDined on 8/3/2014We had lunch on a Sunday. It was not very busy. The service was excellent and the food was surprisingly good. We had no complaints about anything. Overlooks the Dana Point Harbor.Special Features:
- The following 246 reviews are from the Harpoon Henry's Seafood Restaurant reviews archive.
- Don't miss this!JackVIPDined on 7/23/2014We had a great experience with great food and service, plus a nice view. Marc, our waiter was the best. He was very attentive and extremely friendly. We enjoyed the food for their taste and variety. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for a casual mealPBlocalDined on 7/18/2014This is a good place for a casual meal. The food is standard seafood fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/16/2014The calamari is great and so is the tartar sauce. All of their food is delicious and the service is great too.Special Features:
- Great ViewChrisLDined on 6/15/2014Harpoon Henry's Seafood Restaurant may not be the best place you will ever eat but you will love the boardwalk scene and great view of the harbor. I have been there at least 10 times in the last 3 years because my dad likes it and i love the view. We went there for fathers day 2014 and I was very impresses that the OpenTable app worked so well that there was less than a 1 minute wait on a really busy daySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- squonkDined on 6/14/2014The meals are always perfect and service excellentSpecial Features:
- HHSTEVEDined on 5/16/2014Great find in Dana Point Harbor. Absolutely fantastic. Most touristy places are mediocre at best, Harpoon Henry's breaks the mold. Everything was outstanding, the food, the service, the ambiance and most of all the view. Take a date, go with friends you wont be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening on the Harbor!LOVETODINEDined on 5/10/2014Compliments to everyone there! Greeted with smiling and courteous people who accomodated our party immediately! We asked for a window seat, as is instructed on Open Table, and was escorted to a lovely table overlooking the rows and rows of sailboats. Perfect! The waitstaff (especially our server) was "spot on" from the moment we arrived. Food delicious, as always, from drinks to dessert. My family and I eat there quite often, so this is just one review....but every time we go to the bar, the outside seating area and the restaurant upstairs five stars is always our review. Great Job!Special Features:
- A great time in Dana PointOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014A good Harbor view with excellent food. The high point was the service from our waiter Marc - he was fantastic. The bar was a lot of fun with entertainment - Scott Robertson (OC Elvis) was very entertaining. I definitely will return.Special Features:
- Dana Point and thousands of boatsgoodchoice99Dined on 5/2/2014A very pleasant location, good food, and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Views were gorgeous, food was okayLeighBDined on 4/30/2014I ate here while visiting the area for a meeting, and I was blown away by the scenery but unimpressed by the food. I sat right by the window so had a breathtaking view of the harbor and the ocean at sunset. The food, however, was not particularly good – the clam chowder was kind of mealy, and the blackened shrimp that I had added to my salad weren't actually blackened but were "cajuned". I know this may seem like a subtle distinction, but the fact that the chefs either don't know the difference or tried to make that substitution without any mention to me was disappointing. Also, the Caesar dressing wasn't really good. Generally, I think there are just too many other good restaurants right in the immediate vicinity to eat at this one again.Special Features:
- happy serverssmileDined on 4/24/2014The calamari steak is buttery, tender, & delicious. It's a deal at happy hour. The servers are happy and quick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EasterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014Easter was, as expected, busy and our food came lukewarm instead of hot, but it was still good. The house champagne was excellent and the service was quite good until the end when our server got so busy that another server had to bring us our check and then I had to go find the manager to pay it as everyone was too busy to come back and pick it up. I still left a good tip though. These people work hard. I would come again as I really like the restaurant, it was just an unusually busy day due to Easter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forgot appetizer but OK.GmanDined on 4/20/2014Service was slow due to Easter. They forgot our appetizer, not a huge issue. Server was friendly and outgoing. Food is OK for a chain, you're there more for the view and chance to relax a bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good. Menue has notpickyVIPDined on 4/4/2014Food was good. Menue has not changed in a long time. So more specials would be appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependable foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/4/2014We had a nice dinner and the food was good. It's not an outstanding restaurant but the view of the harbor is nice and the service very good. We have been to their Happy Hour before and that's a great deal and very popular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great surprisedonnaDined on 4/3/2014Usually leary of restaurants in tourist area but this was a great surprise. Service and food were excellent. Views are lovely and cost was reasonable. Will be back next time we are in townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PickypickyVIPDined on 4/2/2014We were quite late. 9 ish. & were going to eat in the bar. Hostess welcomed us to a waterside table. I said we were not having a full dinner & they gave us bar menue & dinner. Ended up with a seafood salad. & 1 dinner. Very good. Had a triple decker tuna crab rice with 3 great sauces 1 spicy. I recommend for late dinnerSpecial Features:
- Great FoodJoyceDined on 3/29/2014The mac and cheese with truffle was outstanding. The champagne was extra cold. Yummy.Special Features:
- Great view at a good price!BreakofdayDined on 3/26/2014Dana Harbor offers several choices of restaurants however, Harpoon Henry's is my favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Up to ParPleasantVIPDined on 3/21/2014We have patronized Harpoon Henry's for over 30 years and the experience was well below acceptable. Our food was extremely late and nothing was offered for the inconvenience. The restaurant was not that busy based on the number of vacant tables. We should have been offered a reasonable explanation and maybe a drink or appetizer for the delay. After our meal we were never offered a desert menu. We had to flag the waiter down to receive our bill. As a long time customer who still misses the stuffed mushrooms this is unacceptable especially with more competition in the area.Special Features:
- Calamari HeavenLarryDined on 3/1/2014Eaten in the bar for years but last week we ate in the restaurant and we're not disappointed. The food was great as always. I had my usual calamari steak and it was as usual Fabulous. Service could have been better but the food, view and ambiance overshadowed the service issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Our valentines dinner was wonderful. Great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.