62-100 Kaunaoa Drive
Kamuela, HI 96743Neighborhood:
Hawaii Regional CuisinePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.princeresortshawaii.com/coast-grille.php
- Phone: 8088801111
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday Evenings : 5:30 PM - 9:00 PM *Please note days and time subject to change without notice*
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Hawaii Regional Cuisine, American
- Executive Chef: Peter Abarcar, Jr.
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Hapuna-Coast Grille
At Coast Grille, we are passionate in our pursuit of the freshest island ingredients where we source sustainable, organic and wild ingredients to present to you, American Bistro, contemporary cuisine. Featuring Kona Lobster Bisque to Grass Fed Big Island Burgers to Pan Roasted Troll Caught Mahi Mahi, Coast Grille offers the finest in Big Island Dining overlooking the Pacific blue.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hapuna-Coast Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
romantic (10)scenic view (10)great for outdoor dining (9)special occasion (6)fit for foodies (3)notable wine list (3)good for groups (2)neighborhood gem (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- We dined there three nights.amytheystscubaDined on 10/6/2014Each meal was a wonderful experience under the stars. Truly a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- honeymoonersDined on 9/15/2014Beautiful spot to dine and watch the sun set. Great service and delicious food. Definite recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wrong reservation time.mari1Dined on 7/27/2014I made reservations via open table for 8:30 and received a confirmation email for this time. Arrived at restaurant 5 minutes early and was told had to wait 15 minutes. Meanwhile they took 15 parties ahead of us. When I went up to hostess again, she could not fine me on the list than told me I had an 8:45 reaeevation. I showed he the confirmation email but she said it did not come into her system for that time. Either she was lying or their is a real problem. She then seated us in the over flow area and not outside where best seating was. Would never go back because of her attitude.
- The following 23 reviews are from the Hapuna-Coast Grille reviews archive.
- This is a very mediocre restaurantMarnieDined on 4/7/2014This is a very mediocre restaurant with reasonably high prices located in a seemingly empty 1970's style resort.Special Features:
- Coast GrilleBadger33Dined on 2/14/2014We have played golf for years at Hapuna, but never dined there! So just for Valentines Day we decided to try it. The view is outstanding as well as the service. They had a wide range on the menu and the food ws very good. will go back when on the Big Island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prostateron Hapuna BeachProstateronDined on 2/9/2014Great Spot/View phenomenal! Food very good and service superb! Recommended for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/3/2014Fantastic food, superb service, and the view of the Pacific (even at night) was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place very good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/3/2014Great place very good food had the trio and it was delicious waiter Elizabeth was phenomenal very friendly. Great fresh soup looking forward to going back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above Hapuna Beach Under the StarsWoodwayMarkVIPDined on 1/13/2014This is an absolutely fantastic setting for a restaurant. It has a very large deck overlooking a lit Hapuna Beach - one of the best in the Hawaiian islands. The menu is solid - not really inspired - with a Pacific Rim twist, including many Asian and Pacific Islander flavors. Execution is solid - over several days we had the chicken, fish trio, and pork. All were quite tasty and perfectly prepared. Appetizers were similarly well done - oysters broiled on the half, Oysters Rockefeller, wedge salad, etc. While probably appealing mostly to Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel guests due to its fairly remote location, this is a solid restaurant that should be considered by anyone visiting or living on the Kohala Coast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulFoodfanVIPDined on 1/1/2014This is a great option if you are staying in the Waikoloa area and looking for something different. The service and ocean views were amazing. The food was very good but not exceptional. We will definitely add it to our list of places to go on the Kona coast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best yet on Big Island!ALMDDined on 12/26/2013We made reservations here before we left for our vacation on the Big Island and we are sooo glad we did. With all the pop-in restaurants around, we might have missed this lovely place. After a long day of boogie boarding, our family of 4 enjoyed the sunset and an amazing meal that was the best we have had since landing in Hawaii. The local fish trio was amazing and the fried chicken wings were a favorite of the kids. Don't miss the churros and vanilla ice cream for dessert. The service was exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- spectacular settingOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/20/2013The restaurant has an unbeatable view of the ocean. We have found few other restaurants with such a nice setting.The food was excellent. As a negative, there was only one meat item on the appetizer list. This made it hard to find a pairing for an entree with meat. The service was almost perfect - except for the fact that I had to remind the server to bring the wine I had ordered for dinner.Special Features:
- Ok, not greatPozzoVIPDined on 6/17/2013Wanted a great beach dinner to enjoy the amazing Hawaii sunsets. Sort of on the beach- the sun sets behind trees so it diminishes the view. Server was not enthusiastic- not a deal breaker- she smiled toward the end. She checked on us every so often- nothing extraordinary. Starting with plain cold dinner rolls that tasted like they came right from a supermarket, then mahi mahi was grilled without excitement, sufficient kid options- theme of "underwhelming". Only thing big was the bill- expected for a great meal at a resort on the beach with a great view. Unfortunately, it was just an ok meal with a big tag. There are much better dinners to be had for similar money. Go there, unless this place is convenient or you don't have other options.Special Features:
- Beautiful sunset great servicestagekatDined on 5/8/2013Our first night we were jet lagged and tired from our flight and looking for something close to our Waikoloa nest. Found a review for Hapuna Coast Grill and booked a last minute reservation there in time to watch the sunset. The hotel is beautiful and the restaurant's situation overlooking Hapuna Beach spectacular as well. The macadamia nut crusted mahi-mahi was fabulous and the cauliflower bisque with coconut milk was sensuous and divine. Being tired, and a little tipsy from my deliciously cold martini, I unknowingly left my credit card at the table. The restaurant not only called the guard at the resort entrance to stop us, but also found our phone number and called us in the car! What a way to go beyond the expected!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunset viewsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/1/2013Service, food, sunset views were terrific. And a very nice hotel to stay at.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible service and awfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/28/2013Terrible service and awful food. Waiter was new and untrained and had no help. Chicken was overcooked and dry. Steamed clams came with the wrong sauce after waiting 45 minutes. The setting however is spectacular, with it's beautiful ocean view and sunsets. But if you care about your food don't even give it a thought. Even so I will go back for drinks and maybe I will find something on the menu of redeeming value.
- Great service, nice menu,El29Dined on 2/21/2013Great service, nice menu, beautiful view overlooking the pool/beach. And the martini's are ice cold!Special Features:
- wish I were thereOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/14/2013So Romantic, book at Sunset and bring your camera!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a very quiet, romanticmpk123VIPDined on 1/24/2013This is a very quiet, romantic place to eat with a beautiful view and attentive wait staff. The food is served hot and is well prepared.Special Features:
- Loved the seasonal tastingJABSVIPDined on 1/7/2013Loved the seasonal tasting menu with carrots as the star ingredient!Special Features:
- It's okay. Good food values.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/20/2012It's okay. Good food values. Okay view. Very friendly staff. We may have gotten it on an off day.
- The sunset views from theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2012The sunset views from the outside dining tables were beautiful. The absolute best spinach salad ever. Staff is very attentive and professional. Loved it and will go back!Special Features:
- I hope it was just an offOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/14/2012I hope it was just an off night, but the service was abysmal. We had an Open Table reservation for 7:15 and weren't seated until 7:40. Then we were ignored at the table for another 10 minutes. The server was very friendly and even apologetic, and still failed to bring the wine we asked to be served with dinner until we had the main course on the table for several minutes. The food was good, but the experience was diminished by the slow service.Special Features:
- the sunset was beautiful greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2012the sunset was beautiful great food outstanding serviceSpecial Features:
- Hapuna Coast Grille -Memorable!threepeatDined on 8/15/2012Spectacular view, especially at sunset, great ocean breeze. Attentive service and the Seafood Trio , three different Hawaiian fishes prepared with different sauces, was wonderful!Special Features:
- We had stopped frequentingRockdocVIPDined on 6/24/2012We had stopped frequenting the restaurant due to the food choicees. There is a new chef and the food is great. It is a great place that really lets you know you are in Hawaii.Special Features: